Bobs Bunkhouse Reviews

40 St. Anne Rd, Edenvale, Johannesburg, South Africa

Bob and Joan make you feel very welcome and comfortable. Their property is close to the airport and I will definitely be back soon.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This is located close to the airport with nearby shops 10 minutes away. Very clean bathrooms and dorms. A large bar area and chill area. The owners help organising shuttles and finding activities in Johannesburg and tours throughout Africa.

• 29th May 2014

It was clean, the host friendly and very close to the airport. I had a 16 hour layover and didn't feel like spending the night in the airport or spending lots of money on a hotel room and it was great for what I was looking for.

Bob and Joan are a lovely, friendly couple that will go out of their way to help you. The hostel is attached to their house so is very secure but it only consists of 10 beds, an outside bar and a small lounge/kitchenette. As with most hostels in Joburg, it's well out of the centre so it costs a lot to get anywhere but there are some fast food places nearby (and a cracking Chinese!). A nice place for a short stay.

My friend and I were only there for one night but it was great! The family were very helpful and kind. And super close to the airport which we needed as we were flying to Mumbai the next morning! Thanks!

It is an awesome accommodation and a really nice start for a trip to South Africa. Bob and Joan are so friendly and help you with everything you need. The accommodation is quite far away from the center, but they have their favourite cab driver, bringing you everywhere for a cheap price. It is also super close to the airport. I definetly recommend to stay there and I will come back before I fly out of Joburg again.

Thanks Bob and Joan for an excellent short stay at your place. I will recommend to friends when they come to Jo'burg. Marlon

I want to thank Bob once again to help me in difficult matters Daniel from munich

• 16th Feb 2014

Great place to stop and meet other travellers!

Bob is a great place to be at. They're super helpful in organizing whatever you need. Bob is also great to drink beer with. They have the 2nd cheapest place for beer in ZA, next to Soweto (accdg to Bob). Swimming pool, bar, & wifi internet is free and fast. No locker but they can keep valuable for you in their house. The location is a bit far takes 200zar one-way to go downtown. But if u pool together with other travelers, it is ok. Overall thumbs up!

The house is very safe and the owners live there. It is very convenient with the airport being very close. However if you are there to visit Joburg, it is quite far away from there and there are no public transport.

Johannesburg isn't necessarily a great tourist destination. It's more a gateway to other tourist destinations, e.g. the coast, Cape town, and the game reserves. However, this hostel is very well managed by the owner and his wife. I can commend them for making my stay as pleasant as possible in Johannesburg. The 6bed dorm is not a huge room, so if you're comfortable not staying in a hotel room, then you should be comfortable enough in this dormitory.

When you stay at Bob's Bunkhouse you are literally staying at Bob's, Bob will help you out with anything you want to do or anything you need. Him and his wife really take care of their guests. There is no fluff or frills at Bob's, but I was very happy with my stay because I got everything I wanted out of a hostel and for a great price.

Nice place. Owners very friendly with good advice. Close to airport. Only downside is other residents have to walk thru the 4 room dorm to use the washroom. Otherwise great

A big thanks to Bob and Joan. This place is safe, comfortable and I was made very welcome! Would defiantly go there again.

I love staying at Bob's Bunkhouse and do each time I'm traveling through Johannesburg.

Bob and Joan were great it makes me feel their hostel like home away from home...

Bob's bunkhouse was my last hostel/guest houseafter 8 months of travelling around the world last year, and there would have been no better place to end. Owners are great, they'll give you the best, honest advice, and the location, is actually good (and, anyway, Jo'burg does not really have a center). Plus the area is probably the only one you can walk at night safely (we went to a restaurant nearby and did not feel any risk). I'll travel soon to South Africa and will definitely stay there again.

Bob and Joan are really nice and helpful! But its allowed to smoke in the common area. Witch I didnt find very good.

• 11th Sep 2013

Location is not very good but I think that's a problem with the city. The place is clean, just had a problem with the staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4