Bodega Bangkok Reviews

120/15 Sukhumvit soi 23 (Prasan mit), Klong Toey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand

This place is great!! It's a beautiful hostel with an awesome outdoor bar/patio area, plus really clean facilities and dorms. The atmosphere can't be beat - I've never met people more easily than I did here. Really easy to grab food (hangover breakfast...) and drinks from the bar. The short walk to the MRT/BTS is worth it - the location feels nice and secure. Definitely stay here!

• 14th Apr 2014

Staff was terrific in answering any questions and offering suggestions on what there was to do. Beds and bathroom were kept clean and offered no problems. Common area was perhaps the best part as it was large, open and made for a great way to meet fellow travellers. Bar and food was competitive considering they had to make some sort of profit off it. Will definitely be returning there when I'm back in Bangkok!

• 13th Apr 2014

One of the best. The staff have really thought long and hard about cultivating a great atmosphere. I met so many cool people there. Located within the main foreigner area. It has great aircon in the dorms at night time, which are a godsend. Far from being simply a place to stay, with it's well stocked bar and kitchen, knowledgeable staff, tour information and wifi , the hostel serves more like an international terminal for seeing Bangkok. Once caveat, this is more a hostel for younger people...

We had a great time here at Bodega - you cannot fault the location, cleanest hostel toilets / showers I have ever seen, and the loveliest staff! A great time, stay here if it's not already booked up :)

• 9th Apr 2014

There were items left in the showers for multiple days (pairs do underwear, razors,etc). It would have been nice to have those items removed to create a cleaner showering environment. The staff were all friendly and helpful. They gave plenty of tips and advice to boarders. My stay was great. You are running a great business, gentlemen! Thank you!

• 8th Apr 2014

Hey Randee & Meg! Thank you for the feedback. I had a sit down with my staff a couple weeks ago and went through a new shower cleaning checklist - always clean hand towels, fill the hand soap, bleach the drains daily, & clear away the empty containers and wrappers - this one I see they've slacked on. I just discussed with them again the importance, they are cleaning now, and I will do a walk through later to check. I've also added it to the manager checklist. Rest assured it will be done!

Very friendly staff. Lively atmosphere. More of a party atmosphere where the bar area is very social and will be lively as long as you like. Rooms were far enough away to be very quiet when you want to sleep.

Lots of great things to say about this hostel, very clean, comfy beds, plenty of space, nice bathrooms, great wifi! The location is fine, about 10 min walk to nearest BTS and Terminal 21, yet still feels very quiet. The only thing i think could improve would be to have the aircon on a little earlier in the evening and for a bit longer in the morning. The dorm gets to stuffy and uncomfortably hot.

Hello Natalie, thank you for the feedback. As to the A/C, we've set the timers to account to both the fact that very few people are in the dorms during the day and also the fact that large rooms need time to air out. I personally would much rather have a warm room in the day than mold or musty rooms. Either way, we have taken your feedback to heart now that the season is warming up and we are now turning on the A/C 3 hour earlier and 1 hour later in the morning. Cheers!

Great hostel. It is run by three brothers from Wisconsin, who make a big effort to maintain a fun social vibe in the bar every night. AC works. :) One thing is the location. It is located near Soi Cowboy, so if you are really opposed to seeing that aspect of Bangkok... then the location is not great. Ko San road and the Grand Palace are quite a trek away (metro and tuktuk). That said,the area has lots of delicious restaurants and a very safe feel to it. I'll stay again for sure.

• 5th Apr 2014

Just an amazing place to hang out and enjoy the atmosphere.

One of the best hostels I stayed in so far. Thick mattresses in the dorm, clean and spacious shared bathroom and the common area is super chilled out. It is the best place to meet people, have drinks in the evening or go out to sukhumvhit soi 11.

Amazing hostel, best I've stayed at in SE Asia! Staff extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Bar/reception area is very spacious and sociable, cheap beer, good music, beer pong. Rooms and bathrooms are clean, beds comfortable. Would highly recommend this hostel, stay away from the crowds of khao san road, and treat yourself to the best hostel in Thailand, you won't regret it!

Nice place run by good guys. In a quiet area, but within walking distance of Sukhumvit Rd for the BTS and some major food and nightlife spots. The large open-air bar/lounge is good for meeting other travelers to go out with and stays open late. Like the Bodega in Phuket, the food here is solid, though unlike Phuket there are also a good few super cheap places around frequented mostly by locals. Nearby laundry is expensive, but ask the staff and they can direct you to a road with cheap machines.

Best hostel in SE Asia! So clean, facilities are great, beds are better than my own and the staff are like friends now. Close to the MRT

absolutely amazing hostel!

I absolutely love Bedega. It is without doubt the best hostel I've ever stayed in :) the staff are so friendly and lovely, the atmosphere is great and you meet so many people here. I've been back twice already and whenever I'm in Bangkok I would never stay anywhere other than Bodega now! Go go go! :)

Bodega has a wonderful staff. The owners are accomodating and personable, while remaining professional. It is a short walk to the BTS. The food is reasonably priced for a hostel, and I enjoyed what I ordered. I stayed in the 10 bed dorm and met some lovely young travelers. My only suggestion would be to use a declogger in the showers on a regular basis. I think this may be plumbing issue, as I have had to do this in my own apartments in Thailand. I had a great stay. Thanks.

Hello, this is Ben, the owner of Bodega BKK. Thank you for your feedback. We had a review today also mentioning the drains. I just looked into it and had a staff meeting with all of the cleaners to explain what needs to be done on a daily basis to keep the drains clean, functioning, and odorless. As you know and we are learning, the old plumbing in Thailand needs constant attention! Thanks again for the feedback and rest assured we'll get it done. Cheers!

This is my second time staying at Bodega Bangkok and it was just as awesome as I remembered it being. The staff are knowledgeable, fun, and easy going. The bar and patio area are great places to chill or have a few pints. The beds are a-mazing. The most comfortable beds of any hostel (and some hotels).

Basic hostel security (large lockers in each room) Good location, only a 5 minute walk from the clubs and bars! The staff were really friendly and joined in some drinking games one night! The atmosphere was good! There is a bar downstairs but a small bar that you know only guests would be at so easy to meet people! The shower smelt a bit and was very weak but that was the only bad thing! I wouldn't say its the best hostel ever like some people but it is good!

Hello , this is Ben, the owner of Bodega BKK. Thank you for your feedback. We also had a review a few days ago mentioning the drains. I just looked into it and had a staff meeting with all of the cleaners to explain what needs to be done on a daily basis to keep them clean, functioning, and odorless. As to the shower, I looked and found that a guest had mostly closed the pressure valve (the small knob on the heater). I have opened it to full again and it's powerful!. Thanks again!

Very nice place and very Nice and helpful Staff to star a trip araund thailand..... I m coming Back for sure..... Hasta luego..

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Opportunity to change towel after 2nd day would have been nice.

Hey, thank you for the feedback and we're stoked you had such a great time! For future reference...we don't post it like a hotel "just throw your towel on the floor and we'll replace it", we don't like to waste! But we aren't stingy with towels either. We give towels to guests that arrive at 5am to shower and feel comfortable. We give towels to guests that have already checked out but would like to shower before their flight. Next time, just ask! Happy trails!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7