Bodega Bangkok Reviews

120/15 Sukhumvit soi 23 (Prasan mit), Klong Toey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand

I booked an all female dorm online. When I arrived, they put me in a co-ed dorm. I told them about my booking, and the woman said they would give me a discount for not honoring my booking. The next morning, I mentioned the discount to the owner, who refused to offer a discount because the room they put me in "was newer and better than the all-female dorm." I won't be returning.

This hostel is awesome!

One of the Owners from Wisconsin with the massive beard was very approachable and helpful. Staff and bartenders were on point!! I miss them already. Cool atmosphere and close to Soi 23 and the MRt BTS skytrain. Clean showers and very clean place. Recommended if you like street food and a place to meet other travelers.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at since I've been travelling. Great place to meet new people, food was excellent and well priced and the Wi-Fi worked great. The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned everyday. The staff and owners were awsome people and wish them all the best in the future.

• 8th May 2015

Staff were friendly, but be careful because people can apparently charge food and drinks to whatever bed number they want...so after one night I had a bill of 550 baht even though I hadn't purchased anything!! Luckily the receptionist believed me and I didn't have to pay it...but beware!! Bar staff should be more vigilant in taking bed numbers by checking the persons keys. The room is only air conditioned between 9pm and morning, so daytime napping would be hard.

Most overrated hostel ever. 500 baht for key deposit (is it made of gold). Alcohol super expensive, we were invited to play beer pong, ok cool: we had to use broken plastic cups fixed with tape... C'mon!! Most greedy people ever, considering the money we payed for the beers. I don't understand how this hostel won the price as best hostel of Thailand, it's nothing special, for that money I have found way nicer hostels in Bangkok

• 6th May 2015

I had over $250 USD stolen from my locked locker, inside my dorm room, while I was away during the day with the 'only' key.

• 5th May 2015

Not as good as I had hoped! After reading the comments about this hostel I thought it would be the ideal place for me travelling solo for the first time. I was sad to discover a half empty hostel with such bad airflow in the common areas that it was even warmer than being oout out in the sun on the streets. This made it almost impossible to hang out there. The food and drinks are waaay overpriced! The staff is really cool though and the rooms are nice!

It's Ben, the owner of Bodega. I wanted to let you know that you're traveling in low (and yes, hot) season, so Thailand is slow. We are waaay above city bookings so most hostels will be quite empty. Every day we have guests walk in from other empty hostels just to hang out because we keep at least half full. As to airflow, we also wish BKK had a breeze for our big outdoor patio! Finally, food n bev, yes its 50 cents more than street price but it's safe and clean! Cheers bro

Had some of my best experiences here since traveling. The staff are all super cool and helpful, the social atmosphere is great (lots of drinking games!) and the location is awesome.

Great place to start any trip to Thailand. Shower and wash facilities were spotless, the beds were fine and the linen is very clean. The lockers aren't the biggest but are perfect for your valuables. Staff are extremely helpful with excellent advice on getting around, a few of their own walking tour suggestions are on-hand as well as plenty of local knowledge. Bar area is very sociable, great for mingling. I comfortably booked an overnight train with them, so easy. Grateful for the stay. Cheers.

Great hostel, best in Bangkok! beds are super, super comfy, staff is friendly, nice atmosphere, and excellent location!

Value: My only gripe is how much they overcharge for food/water/beer. There is a 7-11 and a Family Mart down the street, I recommend buying your water there. Social Setting: Sometimes a little too social in the common area to the point where people would rather stay at the hostel then go out exploring. Cleanliness: Ridiculously clean. You could probably walk into the bathroom barefoot (although I didn't try).

I stayed in the 14 bed mixed dorm and slept comfortably for three nights. The bathroom has two toilets and two showers and were cleaned daily. You get a towel and a locker with a key. The restaurant downstairs is nice and has decent prices. The staff are friendly and willing to help.

Cracking staff and the communal area is second to none, clean facilities and good food

• 24th Apr 2015

The beds were soooo comfy, the bathroom really clean and new and the owners really nice!

This is the best hostel in Bangkok. Although it's not by the Koh San Road, it is near a major tourist area and has a skytrain stations nearby. The place is well-kempt, friendly, and perfect for meeting people.

Excellent hostel. Great Staff. Owners are great, very clean and neat. However would warn that this is one of the priciest locations in Bangkok. Was paying prices similar to US. Not many street food options, just restaurants owned by expats. Didnt like the location of the hostel but everything else about the hostel itself was great!

Loved the Bodega! Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Security wasn't great small locker for your stuff. Comfy beds, clean rooms and washrooms were good also. Great atmosphere, bar and food available there & beer pong! If I return to Bangkok I would stay here again!

Very nice & helpful staff! The beds were amazing..haven't had that level of comfort in a bed in SE Asia in a while!

Very cool place. Nice dorms and a great bar with good food and a really nice atmosphere to hang out in. The staff make a good effort to get people to mingle and take you to the good spots to party

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7