Bodega Bangkok Reviews

120/15 Sukhumvit soi 23 (Prasan mit), Klong Toey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand

The staff are extremely nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and the a/c kicks ass

• 26th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Had a freaking blast here! Drank all night and filled my days with suggestions from their "Best of Bangkok" book - highly recommend this! Couldn't have asked for more helpful staff or a better bed (seriously the best hostel beds I've stayed in)! The staff helped me book bus tickets and any tours I wanted to go on. They even took groups of us out at night to show us some cool places in Bangkok I would've never found on my own! Cheers Bodega - I'll be back!

Loved this place! I regret not staying here before! I've been through Bangkok 4 times and always stayed near Khao San - and now I'll never go back. This is nowhere near Khao San but I finally feel like I got to experience Bangkok for what is. It's close to all the good places to go out and close to the MRT/BTS to get around. Plus, the hostel's walking tour gave me the perfect dose of temples. Massive thanks to the very helpful staff who helped me figure out what to do each day- y'all are a hoot!

• 25th Aug 2015

A+ Started my travels through SE Asia here and loved the place. Awesome staff, super friendly and helpful. Great food and Bar. Good cocktails (we love Liz), beer bongs and beer pong! Great vibe, made a bunch of friends. Clean facilities, good beds, secure rooms with lockers, and good wifi. Everything I needed or wanted, sad to leave. Thanks!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Nice and friendly staff, good food, reasonable price, in center of Bangkok very convenient

• Thailand

Great place. Few min from all the transit. If you're in BKK one day you can still see all the sights, if here for a few days you want to be in this location for the markets and nightlife. Way better than kho san. Staff are amazing and playing games and entertaining all the time, they know everything in bkk too. Huge mattress and blanket. Maybe the best hostel in Asia!

• 20th Aug 2015

Best hostel ever! I loved it here. From the moment I walking in I felt at home. Beds were amazing, full spring mattress, no thin fome. Location is perfect! A quiet area with only short walk to bars, clubs, and food. There are electronic locks on doors and super clean rooms and showers. The bar/common area is a great place to meet other travelers. If you have any questions, just ask the staff, awesome group of people! I will come back again!

• 20th Aug 2015

This hostel has really got it goin on. They took the best parts of hostel life & made this bitchin place. Seriously the most comfortable beds in all of SE Asia. More comfortable than my bed at home. Most staff speaks English as a 1st language which is SUCH a relief. I hate charades when I'm freakin exhausted & just need to sleep. The bar lets you open a tab so you can pay for everything at the end; so convenient! Definitely will recommend to my friends! #cheesebros #wisconsinlunchbox

Great hostel. Brilliant staff, comfy beds, quiet but still close to the action, great social atmosphere

• 19th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Bodega. It was a great way to meet people, and the on location bar was an excellent perk. The location is in a more business area so it's not as easy to find authentic Thai dishes, but there are some great restaurants nearby. I would definitely return and encourage others to visit here as well. Oh and lastly, the beds! Life is easier with a comfortable mattress, and I also enjoyed having my own personal reading light with a shelf underneath. Thank you!

• 18th Aug 2015

Good location. Only problem is the lockers only use a certain type of padlock. You can purchase these at the hostel. Air con is only on 5pm til 7pm and then 9pm till 11am. Room is hot when not on. You can sit in the bar.

Hello, owner guy Ben here. The lockers just have small hasps, any normal travel lock will fit them. You can buy locks at 7-11 but the quality is poor and the keys can fit other 7-11 locks. We have nice locks and sell them at 12 cents over cost n save u the time. As to AC, smaller dorms have AC all day. We just feel bad that polar bears are dying so we can cool massive rooms all day when almost nobody stays inside. We also have fans. This review made mother earth sad. Cheers

Great hostel, recommend it! Considering how busy that part of Bangkok is, the hostel is in a great location. Staff are top notch. They're on top of their stuff and very helpful. The rooms and bathrooms are kept clean, wifi is fast and the atmosphere is good.

• 16th Aug 2015

Best hostel in SE Asia. I was going to be there for two nights, then stayed for two weeks, then came back at the end of my trip to stay for another week. The staff and owners are awesome. Great atmosphere to meet people, and in a perfect location. The beds are so comfortable, and the rooms are clean and quiet. If you want to relax for the day and get away from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok, it's perfect. 24 hour bar and great food make this the perfect hostel. I can't wait to return!

I loved my stay at Bodega! The beds are amazing, they are by far the comfiest beds I've stayed in during my 2 months in Asia. The hostel is in a good location, its quiet but due to the sky train its easy to get everywhere and the staff are great at giving advice on the best spots in Bangkok. The facilities are spotlessly clean and they have everything you need. I also found it easy to meet people here. I would definitely recommend it!

• 15th Aug 2015

Bodega was the best hostel I stayed in Asia. Staff, atmosphere, beds, everything was perfect! I stayed there 4 nights and met a lot of awesome people. Common area is amazing to socialize and very alive during day and night. If I come back to Bangkok, I would definitely Stay here!

Owners/Staff shamelessly peer pressure guests in to fast paced drinking games. Their intent, of course, is to get you to spend loads of money at their bar - at an inflated price. Staff are friendly only because they want you to drink and therefore spend money. When we (couple) checked in, staff made a comment to us that "couple don't really stay in dorms". Wish we had taken the hint and gone somewhere else more welcoming!

I had a good time staying in this hotel. It is just near to the BTS and MRT station. Staff are helpful and they also manage to book my bus ticket to Cambodia. I want to recommend it to travelers.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Philippines

Bodega is awesome. Had a great time, looking forward to going back.

Helpful staff to help with booking tours around the area, although the quality of the tour we experienced was not great and disorganised when there. 24/7 Bar is entertaining, A/C in rooms is good as is the atmosphere among travelers there. Would return if we got on with the city as a whole.

Comfy beds, dorms clean but hard to get a good night sleep. Staff were only okay (slightly disappointed after reviews said they were amazing) beer expensive!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7