Bodega Bangkok Reviews

120/15 Sukhumvit soi 23 (Prasan mit), Klong Toey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand

A lovely clean and friendly hostel with really nice atmosphere and so easy to get to MRT and BTS. Good places to eat nearby. Worth the extra bit of money!

One of my favourite hostels, I will definitely return!

Awesome atmosphere, comfortable beds, clean, good location, easy to meet people. Best hostel I've stayed at in Thailand.

Good hostel. Not the best, not the worst in terms of facility and hospitality. Pro: Location. It's really close to 2 of the 3 most popular red light district , close to MRT and BTS station. Cons: they shut off AC between morning to 8 PM. Meaning, you'll suffer in heat during afternoon nap between your Bangkok debaucheries.

The staff is great, that's probably the best part about the hostel. The hostel does have a bar, kitchen, and laundry service. What I did not like about the hostel is that the AC is comes on at 8:00pm. Sure I get that it's a small business and cutting unnecessary cost is reasonable. I disliked it because I was sick and basically chose to leave everyday because it's too hot to stay. Soi Cowboy is about 5 minuteish walk, otherwise the BTS and MRT is past it and can take you other places.

The staff was great--friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. Also, the vibe at the hostel is very social with lots of people hanging out throughtout the day.

Nice people, nice staff and a lot of fun drinking games. They give you a good stay and take care of you. It's really social and clean.

• 8th Mar 2015

Super cool place. Best hostel staff I've found in Asia, the Thai staff speak excellent English. Comfy beds, hot showers (not that you want one in Bangkok), great food (smallish portions). Its a 5 minute walk from the sky train, so you're essentially close to everything. To get to khoa san road takes 25mins and costs 25 baht on the river taxis. I will definitely come back here

Great people, great facilities, great location. I would stay at Bodega again for sure. Thanks guys. Cheers

This beautiful hostel is situated in a "quieter" area of bangkok. Away from kaosan road. If you prefer a very good connection to the airport and the train station as well as an unique place to meet new people, enjoy outstanding treatment by the staff concerning hospitality and usefull information, than bodega bangkok is the place for you to be. You will come back, once you've been there!

Bodega is fantastic and a great place for those traveling solo--great staff and fellow travelers

• 3rd Mar 2015

love this hostel! comfiest beds I've stayed in, in all of asia!!

By far the best hostel I've stayed at so far on my trip! Beds were super clean, food was amazing, great patio area, and they had cheap beer! Plus, the staff was nothing but helpful. It's cool to see the brothers that own the place to be hanging out with all the guests too! They give great advice on what to do or where to go if you need it as well. I would definitely stay again in a heartbeat!

• 2nd Mar 2015

Location: 10min walk (700-800m) to train station and good shopping centre. Close to classy ex-pat bars, clubs and restaurants. Very far from Khoa San Rd. Staff: Never met but seemed very helpful with others. Rooms: Spacious, clean, fantastic beds, good aircon at night, good bathrooms. Good Coffee: 60bht. Small Chang: 80bht. Overall: Very social and great for solo travellers. Expensive bar (compared to other BKK hostels). If you want to stay in Sukhumvit area, this is a great choice.

Great social hostel. Internet was ok, but not great. Good showers. The AC only works between 8pm-10am. You will melt in the rooms and recreation all other times. Staff came in and opened the curtains at 10 every morning. Would recommend this hostel and would stay here again

Hey Gavin, it's Ben, the owner of Bodega. Couple of updates. 1) we had a 2nd 100 Mbit connection installed in Jan. We found out one of the switches had the old IP numbers and wasn't working. It's all fixed now and lightning fast. I wish you had brought it up to us when you were here, we would have fixed it. 2) as it's swinging into hot season, we have brought back "nap hour" and AC now runs at 5pm. It still turns off at 11am check out when the staff open the windows and curtains. Cheers

Absolutely one of the best hostels I've been to in my 7 months of traveling South East Asia. Staff are incredible, knowledgable and go out of their way to make sure you're having a good time. I've stayed here over 5 separate times for a good reason. Rooms are clean, air conditioned and everyone is always friendly. Close to the MRT and BTS which are key for getting around Bangkok. The mall Terminal 21 is close by which has super cheap food and a movie theatre. 5 stars all day

I usually do not review places but Bodega in Bangkok is something else. It doesn't only have some of the best atmosphere in Bangkok both for partying and socialising but the people working there will go out of their way to make sure you have a good time. For me I will always love the place because they literally saved my ass when I both lost my credit card and missed my flight to Australia. They went out of their way to make sure everything got sorted out without having any obligation to.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Relly enjoyed my stay there. Very helpful, young stuff which knows a lot about the city. The beds are the best I slept in my 3 month Soth East Asia trip. Definenetly would come again.

Great location close to the excitement of Sikhumvit, but on a quiet enough street for a good night's sleep. I stayed in a very large dorm, but people seemed to respect one another by being quiet, not turning on lights in the middle of the night, etc. The lockers are small and there isn't a good place to store large backpacks, but the hostel is clean and there are hang-out spots in the open-air lobby. Staff was friendly, and the free maps/walking tour suggestion/scam warnings were helpful.

Bodega Bangkok is one of my favourite hostels in Southeast Asia; I originally booked for two nights but ended up staying for twelve. The communal bar area provides a great atmosphere, and the rooms are clean and spacious with comfortable beds. The staff are really helpful with travel advice, and are always providing a social atmosphere by initiating beer pong and drinking games to bring everyone together. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Bangkok.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7