Bodega Bangkok Reviews

120/15 Sukhumvit soi 23 (Prasan mit), Klong Toey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand

Stayed there second tym n as always it was great!

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Russia

How do you get 93% rating and still be that bad?! I had already decided to give a lower rating after seeing the actual location and dour faces of the so-called staff and rickety metal frame beds (mattress was ok) The only thing that works for this hostel is Dorm Rates

• 26th Jan 2015
  • India

Hello , this is Ben, the owner of Bodega. You arrived at 1:30am. You were shown to your bed, got in it, then changed beds without asking. When later guests arrived we had to change linens in the middle of the night bc they had nowhere to stay. When other guests woke up and scolded you, you deserved it buddy. It's just sad you can't take responsibility for your actions and instead blame my staff. You checked out in the morning and threw a tantrum in line with your maturity. Stay classy!

Showers/water didn't work in the mornings. There was one shower that did work, but I was blocked from using it by the cleaning ladies. After arguing a bit, they let me use it. It would probably be better if the cleaning was done either really early in the morning, or in the afternoon, because the toilets always seemed to be closed off when everyone is waking up. Hostel staff were ok, not exactly friendly. However, it was cheap and comfortable bed all things considered.

it's Ben, the owner of Bodega. Unfortunately when you were here, BKK was undergoing a massive water system upgrade. We installed 2 extra water tanks just in case. The night you're talking about water was off from 10PM to 6AM so when u woke up the tanks were just filling. There were notes posted on the entry and bathroom doors and showers. You said you're a guesthouse owner yourself so I thought you'd understand when it's beyond our control. I apologize on behalf of bkk water works

Great stay, thanks Bodega :) !! I'd give an extra-excellent to the atmosphere and the super helpful and friendly staff. You cannot help making friends here, absolutely brilliant since I was solo-travelling! I recommend the omelette and Pineapple Orgasms ;)

Good hostel. Very social atmosphere.

We just love this place!!!

Awesome hostel. Great staff, easy to meet people, clean. Overall excellent. Will definitely return.

Excellent hostel, had a fantastic time. The bar is kickass and it is easy to meet lots of other travelers. Recommended!

Great place to stay in Bangkok, maybe bit pricier than some places in khao san but boy is it worth it. It has hot shower, sleeping places are cooled. Location to metro and bts is just 10 min walk. I met lovely people and the staff is really helpful even letting me borrow a t-shirt.

• 13th Jan 2015

Came out to Thailand on my own, met loads of people from across the world in a great environment! Easy access to the metro system. Rooms are comfortable and facilities are good!

Great Facilities and fairly clean. The lock boxes were too small for a backpack but I don't lock up my backpack anyway. The location is near public transport which is good, but there is really nothing to do in the immediate area. The staff were not rude and were pretty helpful. They brag of having the best hostel in Thailand award for several years in a row but I have no idea how they earned this award. Not a bad hostel, but nothing special. I have stayed at much better hostels in Bangkok.

Hey Justin, it's Ben. Our first jealousy review, awesome! You know the staff and atmosphere here can't be beat. We answered your 1000 questions and you had a super time. You even told me personally it's the most social hostel you've ever stayed at, how can we do this, wow, etc! I guess the passive aggressive ticking 3 will make you feel better about your job at McD when you're back stateside. But really man, why would you say we brag? We don't post accolades or anything, that's just low :)

In gerneral everything was great! Very friendly staff, super good food and comfortable beds. The only thing which was a bit unpleasant was that the cleaning lady was cleaning the bathroom on Saturday around 8:30 am and flooding the whole bathroom while people were standing there and getting ready for sightseeing. Maybe that could have been done a bit ealy. But better a cleaning lading in your way than a dirty bathroom! :)

Hey there Em, I definitely agree and I've had a stern talking to my cleaners. It was a wedding the night before and they were very late for work, I was not impressed:) The bathrooms are normally cleaned and dry and smelling nice far before 8:30AM and will be going forward. It was just a one-off late day. Everyone has to enjoy a wedding so I hope you understand too! haha Happiest of trails Ben & the crew

Most comfortable beds in Asia. Friendly vibe, great place to meet others. Owners let me leave some things there to lighten the load. Will stay again when I return to Bangkok!

Great place!

• 8th Jan 2015

Terrible location for weeknights. If you want to explore central / old city of Bangkok, it'll take you guaranteed at least 1 hr . Biggest regret about staying here. I tried BTS, Bus, ferry, Cab, River boat, and every possible combination. Fastest was I think about 1hr 20mins. Huge disappointment. Otherwise, great staff, great atmosphere. Just the location killed me.

Hey Junseok, it's Ben, the owner of Bodega. Man, I really don't get this review. You booked in and then extended your stay. If you were unhappy being in the city center with access to all the transport and nightlife and markets, why stay again, and...again, and then whine about it on a review? Did you take our walking tour? I assume no or you'd know u could bomb down canals filled with amazing graffiti in a power boat and be in the old city in 20 min for 25 cents. Fail. And ps Cab is 30 min

excellent location if u want to be near Sukhumvit, rooms with good and not too loud A/C and comfortable beds, owned by 3 brothers from wisconsin who've worked hard on it and will definitely do whatever they can to help u have a great time in BKK. the only slight problem in my opinion was the music played at the bar / terrasse: very mainstream and very loud, but i guess that's just me!

Was here only a night because I was leaving back home the next day. Was a cool place from small time and had others recommend it highly during travels around thailand.

Possibly the best hostel I've stayed at in Thailand. Incredible facilities, very clean, and the most comfortable mattresses I have slept on in Asia. Very social atmosphere as well, which was important to me as a solo traveller. The owners and staff are all amazing, incredibley friendly. The food is amazing as well. I recommend this hostel to anyone stating in bangkok

• 5th Jan 2015

Very well run hostel and good location for Bangkok. Close to MRT and BTS stations to get to rest of the city. Easy to meet people and the staff are great. No issues with free wifi and towel is always useful. Meals at the bar are a bit expensive and quite small but other than that great hostel.

I really liked this hostel a lot. The guys who run the place are very friendly and helpful. The common area is great and it is very easy to meet fellow travelers. The beds are quite comfortable and rooms are spacious. The location is also quite nice since the hostel is located in an alleyway which makes it quiet and not so busy but if you walk 5 mins out there is everything. I have no complaints about this place and would definitely recommend it to others.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7