Bodega Hostel Hanoi Reviews

133 Hangbong street, Hoankiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

There is purposely no Wi-Fi in the dorm, differently from what advertised. I found out at night in bed when I usually work at my tablet. I had to wait for the next morning and when I kindly ask for Wi-Fi in the dorm I was given an illogical excuse. The host removed Wi-Fi because people used to skipe in the dorm bothering other guests. I believe this problem is solved by talking to people, not by removing Wi-Fi for all, especially if it is present in the hostel ad.

• 25th Jul 2015

When we arrived there was a mix up with our booking so we were upgraded to a private room for our whole stay at no extra charge. The location, Hang Bong street, is ideal for access to many things including being walking distance from the train station. The staff were welcoming, nice and let us do our own thing (did not push us into any tours at all). Breakfast is average but free so no complaints. Overall nice stay.

The staff here are really nice and helpful. The dorm is a bit out dated and need some renovation work done to it. Overall it was a good hostel in a good spot of Hanoi and was cheap.

very kind and helpful staff. clean, quiet hostel with beautiful balconies and large, comfortable beds. the single room we stayed in did not have a window though. also, shower curtains ought to be added.

Booked a dorm bed but upon arriving, was told it was full. Got upgraded to a private room for $1 more. Decent place and value for money, but facilities were a little old. Staff was friendly. Location is alright - along the main road leading towards the old quarters.

This is not a hostel at all. It's a hotel with a room that acts like a dorm. The breakfast was convenient, but not that spectacular. Great location and the staff spoke fantastic English, was very friendly, and super helpful. I don't recommend the Perfume Pagoda tour, their tour guide didn't provide information very much.

Really worth the money! Extremely friendly and helping staff.

Fantastic Staff. Awesome manager. Well worth the money. Second visit with a large group for me and I was not disappointed. Definitely will stay here any time that I am back in Hanoi.

Our room was massive but there were definitely some cosmetic issues (carpet pealing, paint flaking, bathroom stains). That being said, the room was relatively clean and the staff was kind. Breakfast was a joke. It's buffet style but the food didn't look so good. If you're on a budget and want a reasonable room at a reasonable price come here.

the lovely staff and they booked the open bus ticket for us in the last minutes and price was a little more expensive than the normal but thanks to it we could go to Heu on time. Absolutely, come back here in the next trip.

A great place to stay if you want to relax. Very quite hostel. We originally booked a mixed 6 bed room but were switched to a private double bed for the same price with shower ensuite. TV in the room w/ AC. Not great for meeting people but rather just for a transfer or quiet night. The breakfast was amazing (all you can eat buffet). Would definitely book again.

very well organized staff and i got street food poisoning at a stall in Hanoi's night market and staff hospitalized me and the day later they arranged transportation to come and picked me up back to hostel for free. Thanks to them i could continuouse to leave for Vientaine timely

hostel organized the small party for all of its staying guests on the occasion of Vietnamese New Year, even though hostel restaurant opened and served us until 12.00pm instead of it closed by 10.00am as normal, I loved this hostel's location the most where easily go to visit many different sites in Hanoi city centre.

Very helpfull and decent staff who did bok the Halog bay full day trip and my satisfaction was guaranteed