Bodega Hostel Hanoi Reviews

133 Hangbong street, Hoankiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Staff very friendly. Room was right behind reception and felt safe. Breakfast was pretty decent too. No sign of in room fruit!

Amazing staff! They were always present and had a good knowledge of who their guests were and their needs. They were very obliging to every request we had and seemed to take great interest in our wellbeing and intentions whilst in Vietnam. Decor is dated and in need of an update but everything else outweighed that.

There is purposely no Wi-Fi in the dorm, differently from what advertised. I found out at night in bed when I usually work at my tablet. I had to wait for the next morning and when I kindly ask for Wi-Fi in the dorm I was given an illogical excuse. The host removed Wi-Fi because people used to skipe in the dorm bothering other guests. I believe this problem is solved by talking to people, not by removing Wi-Fi for all, especially if it is present in the hostel ad.

• 25th Jul 2015

Very good dorm, rather comfortable beds, towels and shampoo etc included. It was pretty quite and the staff was very friendly. A decent breakfast also included. Wifi reception in the dorm was very weak, this is my onle slightly negative point.

When we arrived there was a mix up with our booking so we were upgraded to a private room for our whole stay at no extra charge. The location, Hang Bong street, is ideal for access to many things including being walking distance from the train station. The staff were welcoming, nice and let us do our own thing (did not push us into any tours at all). Breakfast is average but free so no complaints. Overall nice stay.

The staff here are really nice and helpful. The dorm is a bit out dated and need some renovation work done to it. Overall it was a good hostel in a good spot of Hanoi and was cheap.

very kind and helpful staff. clean, quiet hostel with beautiful balconies and large, comfortable beds. the single room we stayed in did not have a window though. also, shower curtains ought to be added.

Booked a dorm bed but upon arriving, was told it was full. Got upgraded to a private room for $1 more. Decent place and value for money, but facilities were a little old. Staff was friendly. Location is alright - along the main road leading towards the old quarters.

This is not a hostel at all. It's a hotel with a room that acts like a dorm. The breakfast was convenient, but not that spectacular. Great location and the staff spoke fantastic English, was very friendly, and super helpful. I don't recommend the Perfume Pagoda tour, their tour guide didn't provide information very much.