Bodega Phuket Reviews

189/3 Rat U Thit, Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand

Multiple masonry drills in room above woke me up each morning well before checkout. Very loud, very unimpressed. Avoid this place until they learn how to respect their clientele. Chain lock in room was broken and safe not attached to anything. Staff walked into my room a few times. Overall, the staff were friendly and helpful, wifi adequate, room and facilities were basic but fine, but until they announce construction before you book or do it at a sensible time, I can't recommend.

• 26th Feb 2015

I have nothing but good things to say! Great location, staff, and drink specials. The food was really good as well - authentic and way better than the tourist restaurants on the main road. Try the massaman curry! It was so easy to book tours through here and you can tell the staff really cares. There were a million different minibuses and they made sure everyone got on the right one when it was chaotic. Fun common area downstairs to meet people too. Nothing but good things to say!

Fantastic hostel, staff are so friendly and the location is great!

Pretty nice little spot and very friendly staff

It's a nice hostel with good location. I slept on the 4 bed dorm and it was a sngle bed, big sleeping room and bathroom. It's also close to the beach and Bangla street.

Thank you for taking the time to review, we appreciate hearing from our guests! We're glad you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you soon. Happy Travels!

great place to stay, you get what you expect

Hey thanks so much for the review, we hope you'll come back soon - Happy Travels!

It's located just 5 minutes walk to the big junceylon shopping mall and the party road and about 10 minutes walk to patong beach. Staff at Bodega was so wonderful. They will help you a lot, if you just ask them. Facilities were clean. Sometimes the water didn't work, but this is normal in this area and was no big deal. During happy hour I met a lot of nice people, staff joined some games. I will definitely come back, when I'm in Phuket again. Loved it! PS.: And then I'll cook for you, Bee! (:

• 9th Feb 2015

Hey thank you so much for your kind review! We enjoyed having you and can't wait for you to come back again! Happy Travels!

Awesome hostel..staff are the best part-very helpful. Maybe 45 min ride in a shuttle bus from the airport but location is awesome. Tours are great we definitely recommend both boat tours and trying to rent some motorbikes and riding south. Prices in the reatraunt are very reasonable. Would stay at again for sure.

Hey thanks so much for your review! We had a great time with you and we hope you will come back very soon. Happy Travels!

Thanks for a great stay!! Definitely the best hostel that I've stayed at in Thailand so far!!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Wales

I have no Idea why this hostel was ranked no. 1 in Thailand a few years ago. Staff was not very helpfull and the people who hang out were some long term stayers and only a few travellers. So we went out for a night to the famous street in town. The bar was quite nice and served decent food and cheap drinks. However I have been to far better hostels in Bangkok and e.g. Singapore.

Very average place to stay, not the best for meeting people, definitely can find something nicer in Phuket for cheaper

Hi thanks for taking the time to review! For the duration of your stay we barely saw you out of your room so we didn't have much opportunity to introduce you to our great staff or the other awesome travelers in our common areas! We have a busy bar and cafe area, as well as a relaxed chill lounge for our guests to mingle in. We hope you come back soon and hang out with us to meet your fellow adventurers - Happy Travels!

The hostel is nice and clean. The staff is good, Mr Ro is great, others are ok. I stayed there only for a night since i wasn't used to living with 8 people and with no curtains on the bed and lights keep getting on and off with some or the other noise from the inmates all night long. The Air Con wasn't great and needed some kind of fixing every now and then. The overall feeling i had with this one was very average, it may be because i have stayed with much better hostels already!

I would recommend Bodega to anyone travelling to Phuket for a few nights. It has a great location just a quick 5 minute walk from Bangla Road which is the main street in the Patong Beach area for bars and clubs etc. so you don't get any of the noise late at night in the hostel which is great. Rah and the team are super friendly and always a good laugh at the hostel bar during the pre-drinking sessions with the guests. It's also a great place to meet new people if you're travelling alone. 10/10!

Perfect location - easy walk to beach and bangla road but not too close to not be able to sleep! Definitely worth getting the private room with ensuit, like a hotel just not the price. Staff are friendly and helpful. It was super easy to organise transfers through the staff prior to arriving.

Thanks so much for the feedback, we loved having you! Come back soon - Happy Travels!

friendly place with some very comfy beds. bit hard to find as the sign is a bit hidden

Pros: daily cleaning, large room and bathroom (private room), air conditioning with temperature control, TV, decent bed and pillows (a bit stiff though), great kitchen that is open 24/7 (delicious smoothies and cappuccino machine), helpful, local, nice staff, nearby Bangla road but quiet Cons: dim bathroom lighting, shower curtain without separation to the rest of the bathroom, lock seem dinky (use a safe!) Ratings relative to other SE Asian hostels, a notch lower than quasi-hotel hostels

To tell the truth, I was disappoint when i get there. tough the facilities are old, the staffs are considerate to cleanliness. and the location is perfect. They offer activities for cheap prices. I'd recommend stay this hostel.

I had a private room and private bathroom. Both were large, comfortable and clean. I LOVED the hostel bar. It was a nice, social, open-air place to hang out, drink and eat. They had the best Thai food in Patong Beach. Bodega is a short walk to the mall, the beach and the gay bars. The staff were friendly and helpful in booking our departure to Phi Phi. The location on the side street was key in limiting street noise.

I stayed at Bodega Phuket for 3 weeks. Ra, Bee and the team there are both very efficient as well as being genuinely welcoming, friendly and helpful. They also act as tour/ travel agents and are very competitive as well as being very convenient as "on tap". Bar, menu and ambience of the hostel all really excellent. Nice chill out floor as well as more communal bar area where socialising with others is possible should you wish to. Top marks from me.

Staff are very nice / extremely helpful. Excellent location (close to nightlife but quiet, Family Mart across road). Avoid the private rooms (noisy, jackhammer construction next door at 22:30!!), I'd look elsewhere. The dorms however were great. Spacious, clean, the 8 bed on top floor had a nice balcony. Aircon after 5pm. Hostel has a bar with nice food. Beer at bar prices but happy hour is 60BHT small Chang. Overall - Dorms definitely stay here. Privates, look elsewhere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6