Bodega Phuket Reviews

189/3 Rat U Thit, Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand

Pros: daily cleaning, large room and bathroom (private room), air conditioning with temperature control, TV, decent bed and pillows (a bit stiff though), great kitchen that is open 24/7 (delicious smoothies and cappuccino machine), helpful, local, nice staff, nearby Bangla road but quiet Cons: dim bathroom lighting, shower curtain without separation to the rest of the bathroom, lock seem dinky (use a safe!) Ratings relative to other SE Asian hostels, a notch lower than quasi-hotel hostels

I had a private room and private bathroom. Both were large, comfortable and clean. I LOVED the hostel bar. It was a nice, social, open-air place to hang out, drink and eat. They had the best Thai food in Patong Beach. Bodega is a short walk to the mall, the beach and the gay bars. The staff were friendly and helpful in booking our departure to Phi Phi. The location on the side street was key in limiting street noise.

Overall great hostel to stay at! Amazing location. Staff were very friendly and very helpful. Definatly stay at bodega in phuket!

Down the road from Bangla road so it's a great location if you're keen to party. The staff are helpful and there's a reasonably sized social area and bar where everyone tends to congregate. Single beds are comfy and clean and the bathroom is private. A little more on the expensive side for Thailand but not much else you could ask for from a hostel

Very helpful staff, especially when I got food poisoning from an outside eatery, they were very kind and caring. I was a solo female traveler but felt very safe knowing the staff were in the reception area 24 hours if I needed them. I recommend the private rooms with ensuite. Easy location to beach, shopping centre and of course to see the action on Bangla Road - you can walk everywhere central from here.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

GOOD LOTATION!

Only 2 streets away from Bangla Rd, so nice and quiet at night. Very clean and hot showers.

The hostel is very clean and well located. The main problem has been with the staff who has been rude and not helpful at all. Moreover the atmosphere which facilitates new friendships that I have found in many hostel around the world was totally missing in this one

We are pretty surprised by your review since you can see from other guests our staff are well liked and thought to be helpful and fun! We offer great common areas and a lively bar for guests to meet others and chat with our awesome staff. We hope you will come back to see what Bodega is really about, and what most other reviewers are raving about! Happy Travels!

The staff here is awesome. Totally friendly and helpful. And Bang (big hair) plays awesome music. Definitely worth staying at if you're coming to patong.

Hey thanks for the review! We enjoyed having you! Come back again soon - Bank will make you a playlist! Happy travels!

We enjoyed Paton YEP very much.. In the room the air was stale.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Japan

The staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The location was great, just a couple of mins to bangla street. My taxi has difficulty finding the hostel, but that was easily sorted after he made a phone call to speak to the hostel staff to clarify the directions. The only downside - the toilet could be improved on - the flush wasn't working and there was once I opened the closed toilet lid - I saw the previous user's "unflushed products".

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Singapore

The location was great and the room was fine. We were in a private and it was perfect for what we needed. It was a simple walk to Bangla Rd and to the beach. I must say that the staff was not very helpful at all. I asked about local places and services and was brushed off and ignored. They didn't really seem to want to help. We had a plan of what we wanted to do so it was ok, but it would have been nice to get some help with taxis to the airport or simple local tips.

Awesome cafe/bar on first floor. Perfect location just a couple blocks from Bangla Road, but far enough away to be quiet. 4-person dorms are okay but smell bad. No hand soap in any dorm bathrooms. 8-person dorms are very gross, especially the bathrooms. Staff has poor English and not very happy. Common lounge on second floor is wasted -- it's always empty because there's no air conditioning.

Hi there, we're surprised to read that you think we don't have good English and are unhappy! All of our staff here speak well and take great pride in Bodega! As for the rooms, while we do clean each room and change all linen daily, we have little control over how tidy your fellow travelers are which can cause clutter in the dorm spaces but all is very clean. We offer several common areas for you to enjoy, some open to the air and some with air conditioning. We hope to see you soon- Happy Travels

Staff very helpful when booking day trips and were really nice and genuine

Hi thanks for your review. We're glad you found us helpful, we always like to make sure all of our guests are well taken care of throughout their stay! We hope to see you again soon, Happy travels!

Facilities are pretty modern and it was a relief to check in and use the nicest and cleanest shower after sleeping on the beach previously. Open dorms, open bathroom, and relaxed bar area downstairs. Sound staff. Really centrally located - a 5 minute walk from the main Bangla Road. Overall a good stay but did have some weird stains on my bedsheet..

Hey there. Here at Bodega we change the linen everyday for every bed. Rooms are serviced and cleaned daily! Glad you enjoyed the hot shower and facilities - We'd love to have you back soon. Happy Travels!

Great staff and an amazing location. The WiFi was terrible but otherwise I have no complaints

Best hostel I have stayed at by far. Staff are friendly, the beds are comfortable and clean, towels are provided, and the location is just right - not too close, not too far. Great breakfast and decently priced drinks.

Very cool, friendly and helpful staff. I'd stay there again.

Thanks for your kind words, we'd love to have you again! Come back soon! Happy Travels!

The staff here is amazing!! They were so very helpful with everything!! Very clean and comfortable and just a short walk from the beach!

Hey thanks for the nice review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, it was great to meet and hang out with you! We hope to see you again soon - Happy Travels!!

The location is good but the building is poor. I booked for four night and i was out the 2nd. The receptionist is a Asian lady is not very friendly. There is no elevator and the worst is the room condition. Forget about a quite sleep as the room is not sound proof. You'll hear the loud music from Tuk Tuk. Dark and it's expensive for $50. Found a four stars hotel for $58 just down the street. Wouldn't recommend and during my one month Asia trip this place was the only negative experience.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5