Bodega Phuket Reviews

189/3 Rat U Thit, Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand

I arrived around 4AM and the staff at the hostel were extremely helpful to make sure I was comfortable. I was able to book a tour for that morning right away too. The food at the hostel was also tasty. I would definitely stay here longer if I had more time!

The Thai staff were fab! Lively friendly place in the centre of phuket, i definitely recommend Bodega :)

• 5th Jan 2014

Good hostel, good location.

Superb hostel. Well-deserving of its many hostelling awards. Facilities are great, and made all the better for the staff who are outgoing but committed to providing an excellent service. Food and drinks are good quality and reasonably priced, rooms are clean and big with lockers provided, and the location is pretty ideal, close to Bangla Road and Patong Beach. Congratulations guys - and keep up the great work. Highly reccommended.

Awesome hostel, two minutes from all the night life and ten from the beach. Great atmosphere at the bar downstairs, friendly staff... Highly reccommended

What a hostel! I extended my stay to nearly two weeks, staying in an 8 bed dorm, 4 bed dorm and a private room along the way. The staff are SUPERB! And even took us on a few nights out. The atmosphere is the best I've experienced in hostels, and it's very safe. The Food is incredible and well priced, and the drinks are good value too! With easy walking access to the beach, Bangla Road and other useful places, it's a great place to stay just away from the bustle of the main roads.I'll be back!

Great place! Great people!

• 2nd Jan 2014

Highly recommend to anyone travelling to Phuket. I've stayed twice and there'll definitely be a third!!

Bodega is nice and charming, it feels cosy and you immediately feel at home. the staff are very helpful and the vibe in the hostel is chilled. The rule for no bar girls is definitely outstanding as it helps protect the girls and makes it comfortable for the other guests :)

We found Bodega hostel very last minute around Xmas time. We weren't sure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised about all aspects of this hostel. The private rooms were huge and clean. Kristin, Aman and Ra were absolutely amazing! Helped us with every aspect of our stay there as well as when we left. They even through a Christmas dinner for everyone at the hostel. Would recommend to all our friends! Thanks again Bodega staff!! Tamar

• 24th Dec 2013

Some extra directions would be hugely helpful! We arrived at night and had not had a chance to get a SIM card so getting the driver to ring as suggested was out of the question and getting dropped at the shopping centre as the only other instruction suggests makes it very difficult to find! We spent an hour walking around in our backpacks before we found it in a side alley. Close walk if everything once there though!

Great location, nice and very helpful staff, nice area, very clean, lots of space (which is rare in Asia), good food, ... A lot of backpackers, so easy to meet fellow travelers!

My experience at this hostel was an absolute disaster! The room was very old, moldy, and smelly. There were stains on the bedspread and the toilet had brown, murky water in it. But the worst part was when I woke up to NO RUNNING WATER! Because of this I almost missed my excursion that was scheduled that morning. It took about a half hour for the water to come back on and then it was ice cold. They also deleted my reservation, after complaining, so that I could not post this review.

Thank you for your review. Our rooms are cleaned & linens are changed daily. There is no mold here at Bodega, and as you can see by our previous reviews we take great pride in our cleanliness. As we explained, life on a tropical island isn't always perfect and sometimes the water does shut off. This was rectified very quickly and we did our very best to address your many complaints throughout your stay.

Be sure to eat here as the food was excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful with organising travel and excursions. Only downsides for us was the wifi was temperamental at times and we were sharing a bathroom with another room, resulting in us being locked out very briefly.

By far the best hostel I've stayed in in Thailand and definitely in my top 3 worldwide. Very clean, very well-maintained, INCREDIBLE food and a bar with decent prices. Kristin (spelling?!) and Ra are real assets to the hostel and create a brilliant atmosphere which suits those who want to party and those who want to relax.

Ants in my Private bed and room - (no I didnt have any food in the room). Also very steep staircases that you could break your neck on after a night out. Room and linen very tired out. Much better value for money exists. Staff where wonderful and very helpful. But the property in my opinion is not that flash.

• 9th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

Wonderful experience. Thank you. The host (girl - i forgot your name sorry) was perfect she helped create a warm environment and helped me with all my concerns! I got a free bottle of water too!!!! yay!!!

Great hostel, great staff and one of the best bar areas in any hostel I have stayed.

the room is very neat,and staff is very helpful。。they allowed me to take shower even after i already checked out。。the building locked ,so its very safe。。u got two keys,one is for room ,and another is for the door。。its very good stay。。

Had an amazing stay with bogeda... From the moment I arrived everyone was warm and friendly. Throughout my stay 3days they couldn't do enough to help... Nothing was ever a problem and they were all fantastic, mixing with the customers, drinking games ect great atmosphere... Would highly highly recommend xx

• 1st Dec 2013

Hi Hannah, Thanks so much for your review! We had a wonderful time with you too! Happy Travels!!!