Bodega Phuket Reviews

189/3 Rat U Thit, Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand

1969 Total Reviews

Multiple masonry drills in room above woke me up each morning well before checkout. Very loud, very unimpressed. Avoid this place until they learn how to respect their clientele. Chain lock in room was broken and safe not attached to anything. Staff walked into my room a few times. Overall, the staff were friendly and helpful, wifi adequate, room and facilities were basic but fine, but until they announce construction before you book or do it at a sensible time, I can't recommend.

I have nothing but good things to say! Great location, staff, and drink specials. The food was really good as well - authentic and way better than the tourist restaurants on the main road. Try the massaman curry! It was so easy to book tours through here and you can tell the staff really cares. There were a million different minibuses and they made sure everyone got on the right one when it was chaotic. Fun common area downstairs to meet people too. Nothing but good things to say!

Fantastic hostel, staff are so friendly and the location is great!

Pretty nice little spot and very friendly staff

It's a nice hostel with good location. I slept on the 4 bed dorm and it was a sngle bed, big sleeping room and bathroom. It's also close to the beach and Bangla street.

Thank you for taking the time to review, we appreciate hearing from our guests! We're glad you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you soon. Happy Travels!

Instead of fixing problems based on hostelworld feedback, hostel has put up various signs as a response e.g. “close your bathroom door to prevent mozzies entering your bedroom”. Cleaners are lazy and owners don’t invest back into the hostel with the profits they make. Bar/café is great. Hostel is meant to be anti-exploitation of women but staff take guests to ping pong shows. Tip - Sagol on Thanon Ratuthit Songroipi Road (purple sign) does cheap 180 baht minibus transfers to the airport.

great place to stay, you get what you expect

Hey thanks so much for the review, we hope you'll come back soon - Happy Travels!

Its nice hostel, you have everything what you need in. Staff is friendly, location is perfect, very close to the main pedestrian zone and beach, maybe few minutes walking. Wifi worked good and the bed, mattress and pillow are absolutely perfect for sleeping and to have a rest, i didn't have a problem.I can recommend this hotel for sure.”

It's located just 5 minutes walk to the big junceylon shopping mall and the party road and about 10 minutes walk to patong beach. Staff at Bodega was so wonderful. They will help you a lot, if you just ask them. Facilities were clean. Sometimes the water didn't work, but this is normal in this area and was no big deal. During happy hour I met a lot of nice people, staff joined some games. I will definitely come back, when I'm in Phuket again. Loved it! PS.: And then I'll cook for you, Bee! (:

• 9th Feb 2015

Hey thank you so much for your kind review! We enjoyed having you and can't wait for you to come back again! Happy Travels!

owners and staff were super welcoming, friendly and helpful :) thank you!

Awesome hostel..staff are the best part-very helpful. Maybe 45 min ride in a shuttle bus from the airport but location is awesome. Tours are great we definitely recommend both boat tours and trying to rent some motorbikes and riding south. Prices in the reatraunt are very reasonable. Would stay at again for sure.

Hey thanks so much for your review! We had a great time with you and we hope you will come back very soon. Happy Travels!

Thanks for a great stay!! Definitely the best hostel that I've stayed at in Thailand so far!!

I have no Idea why this hostel was ranked no. 1 in Thailand a few years ago. Staff was not very helpfull and the people who hang out were some long term stayers and only a few travellers. So we went out for a night to the famous street in town. The bar was quite nice and served decent food and cheap drinks. However I have been to far better hostels in Bangkok and e.g. Singapore.

Very average place to stay, not the best for meeting people, definitely can find something nicer in Phuket for cheaper

Hi thanks for taking the time to review! For the duration of your stay we barely saw you out of your room so we didn't have much opportunity to introduce you to our great staff or the other awesome travelers in our common areas! We have a busy bar and cafe area, as well as a relaxed chill lounge for our guests to mingle in. We hope you come back soon and hang out with us to meet your fellow adventurers - Happy Travels!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »