7.4
Very Good 91 Total Reviews
7.4
Very Good 91 Total Reviews
Bodhi Tree Located at 48/44 Swiss Park, , Kolkata.
India
Kolkata West Bengal 700033 48/44 Swiss Park
74% 91
22.5068677 88.3465361
    Rooms available

• India, Female, 31-40
15th Mar 2016
8.0

The room was excellent, nice big spacious. Only thing to worry the bathroom floor, as after shower water does not drain away and there is nothing in the bathroom by which you can do so. Thus it leaves the floor full of water and can be very dangerous if not taken care. We organised for early breakfast at 6:30am but to our surprise the staff was not even awake, so we had to depart without breakfast which we desperately wanted.

• Netherlands, Couple, 25-30
24th Dec 2015
4.6

The price-quality ratio is very askew. It is definity not worth this much, and you can certainly find a place with a bigger room that has a HOT shower instead of these 15 seconds of warm and then ice cold water, and a TV that has an active subscribtion to the satellite service so you can actually use it. The location is close to the metro, but that is all. No cafe, restaurant or anything of interest within walking distance. The staff are very difficult to communicate with - they speak no English

1st Dec 2015
5.7

My main issue with the Bodhi Tree was the lack of English speaking staff in the evening and early morning., If an issue came up, there was n one to turn to.

25th Nov 2015

The hostel is exactly the way it was advertised on Hostelworld. It is relaxing, clean, and filled with many great pieces of art. The rooms are beautiful and spacious with a TV, AC, ceiling fan, and free WIFI. The staff are friendly and they try very hard to make all the guests happy. The guesthouse is a 7 minute walk to the metro station and the city is easily accessible on foot or public transportation. I would stay here again and I would recommend it to my friends. Thank you!

• England, Female, 41+
17th Nov 2015

As a solo woman traveller I was delighted to find this little oasis of calm in the midst of this busy city. The staff were really helpful, making a real effort to help me out when I got in a pickle over a train journey and I loved sitting in the little courtyard reading from the library and enjoying the art around me. I had intended to stay closer to Sudder Street but was really glad that I ended up here. It's pretty close to the Temple and lake, and really handy for the Metro.