Bodhi Tree Reviews

48/44 Swiss Park, Kolkata, India

The price-quality ratio is very askew. It is definity not worth this much, and you can certainly find a place with a bigger room that has a HOT shower instead of these 15 seconds of warm and then ice cold water, and a TV that has an active subscribtion to the satellite service so you can actually use it. The location is close to the metro, but that is all. No cafe, restaurant or anything of interest within walking distance. The staff are very difficult to communicate with - they speak no English

My main issue with the Bodhi Tree was the lack of English speaking staff in the evening and early morning., If an issue came up, there was n one to turn to.

The hostel is exactly the way it was advertised on Hostelworld. It is relaxing, clean, and filled with many great pieces of art. The rooms are beautiful and spacious with a TV, AC, ceiling fan, and free WIFI. The staff are friendly and they try very hard to make all the guests happy. The guesthouse is a 7 minute walk to the metro station and the city is easily accessible on foot or public transportation. I would stay here again and I would recommend it to my friends. Thank you!

As a solo woman traveller I was delighted to find this little oasis of calm in the midst of this busy city. The staff were really helpful, making a real effort to help me out when I got in a pickle over a train journey and I loved sitting in the little courtyard reading from the library and enjoying the art around me. I had intended to stay closer to Sudder Street but was really glad that I ended up here. It's pretty close to the Temple and lake, and really handy for the Metro.

• 17th Nov 2015