Bodrum Backpackers Reviews

37B Ataturk Street, Bodrum, Turkey

The staff were friendly but weren't very helpful and they weren't even up at nine in the morning when we wanted to check out. The location was good but the wifi didn't work in the rooms only in reception and there wasn't any breakfast available as the people weren't up yet.

I am very sorry we did not see you to say goodbye but I can assure you we were awake and working in the building. I did explain to you that the wifi was only working around the reception as we only use this part of the building in winter but the same day I connected our roof top wifi and now the whole building is covered. For the last 3 years we do not provide breakfast and it tells you this on hostelworld. Just outside the door we have 24 hour food and breakfast is just a couple of Euros.

Aaron and Atacan were great and super friendly! They went out of their way to make me comfortable even though it was the offseason. I now consider them friends, thanks guys!

They are kind of strange. Nobody there when i arrive, not hot water during the winter, dirty roon and bathroon. Good localization and if u want a place only to sleep, itss ok.

Please do not let anyone take this the wrong way but this advise that we are OK if you just want a place to sleep is %100 the wrong description. I remember you well as it was boxing day and you were just rushing through and so chose to just use us as a place to sleep. The rest of our guests I personally took to a FREE Christmas party organised by the local authorities and there was a free BBQ and free alcohol all night. What a massive night this was and we deserve more than a one night stand.

Ok so i stayed in the Backpackers for 4 nights at Christmas and then another 4 nights at New Years, I have to say that even though the place could do with a bit of a clean up and the fact that it was quite empty, the staff were amazing and All my needs were met!

Absolutely empty hostel when I arrived in winter, which may have contributed to the rather absent staff. But those that I did meet were helpful and friendly. Good location and value.

Perhaps I was there for the end of the season when the owner had better thing to do than look after his property, but it was honestly the least favorable hostel I've ever stayed in. The remnants of parties two weeks ago were still littering the ground throughout the hostel, there was no key given to lock the dorm room, and more often than not, the front door was slightly ajar so that anyone could have entered the building. During the entire stay of 2 nights I had yet to meet a single employee.

• 25th Oct 2014

The real estate office and bar under the hostel are both owned by us and you can always find someone there. Also because of this we run a very relaxed place and as you can see from other reviews, good or bad nothing has ever been stolen from here. I can see you have only ever made 1 review and I hope your future experiences are more pleasurable but I can tell you from experience that you will see plenty of worse places if you keep staying in backpackers.