Bodrum Backpackers Reviews

37B Ataturk Street, Bodrum, Turkey

When it came time to leave this hostel I was truely sad. Purely for the people and the staff. Every night they took us out, every day we went to the beach. They made sure everyone was together and friends. This isn't a glamour hostel, but it's still the most fun I've had at a hostel in all of my travels. Would recommend highly for those who want to party and make friends.

I was very disappointed by this hostel. The staff was not helpful and welcoming at all. Nevertheless, the location is great and the rooms ok.

• 25th Jul 2015

Sorry but the night you stayed all of our regular staff and most guests were at Tree of Life Music Festival. Next time try to stay more than 1 night and I am sure you will have a more enjoyable experience.

Great place.great pepole

Great location but not exactly organised. Didn't get linen on arrival...until we asked another staff member at 0100 who helped us. Staff are all there for a party, so good if that's what you're up for, they'll make sure you have a ball. Just didn't offer much for anyone else.

Yes we do state that midsummer we are full party zone and also we use backpackers like yourself as staff as it adds to the atmosphere. If you need anything then all you have to do is ask and if the backpacker staff do not know then they will ask one of our full time Turkish staff. We offer our own guided or self guided mountain bike, SUP board or sea kayak tours or any tour to any part of Turkey. As for the partying we arrange entry with no dress restriction into Bodrums best clubs.

Great location, and great for a party however very dirty the toilet next to our room was filthy and Hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Drainage smelt terrible and the rooms were dirty with hair balls gathering on the floor.

I am glad you enjoyed the party and I can remember you and your sister. Sorry that the cleaning or lack of cleaning affected your stay but the cleaning staff have been changed now. Also they removed the water trap from the shower drain which has been replaced now so there is no more bad smell.

The rooms weren't overly clean and they were stinking hot. The bathrooms were not great at all. The staff were mostly helpful but there were a few strange ones there that ruined it for the rest. Location is the best part of this backpackers. The fact it's the only backpackers in Bodrum means they have a monopoly on the market and don't have to put any effort into their operations. Prepare for currency nightmare here. First we were told we had to pay on card, and they didn't deal with cash.

Location was spot on 2 minute walk to the beach & only 5 minute walk to the bus station. Rooms were ok *bring a splitter as there isn't many power outlets* the bad side was no air con just a weak fan. Staff were great & really made this place. There is a bar but drinks are quite expensive for a hostel making them similar prices to the local bars. DO the huni for your country! Best place to meet people & "make party" don't come here if your boring or want nights in. Love & miss the team

I booked a dorm but when I arrived at 8pm they said me that they didn't have beds available and the only solution offered was to sleep on a kind of mattress in the open terrace. I was arrived to the city and I didn't have time to look for another place to sleep. They charged me the full price. I couldn't sleep very well, waking up more than 3 times. The staff is friendly but there is no kitchen, no common area. It has a good location and is good place for young party animals.

An enjoyable place to stay.

Travelled to Bodrum to catch a ferry to Greece. Stayed two nights. We expected a party hostel and that's what we got. We stayed in a private dorm which was peaceful when we needed. Staff was friendly and very social to travellers. Cleanliness, well I'm sure you've woken up after a few parties and know what to expect. Great time.

a good atmosphere and so close by the beaches.the staffs are really ideal for late nite parties)) enjoy it all.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

Bodrum backpackers was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. It was in a fantastic location right near the beach. The staff, including the owner, were amazing and made sure every single night and day were one to remember. Will definitely try and make it back for sure. Thanks guys!

It was our pleasure and we will be waiting for your return. Thanks for your appreciation.

Backpackers has a really fun atmosphere, as a solo traveller it was a perfect place to meet people to go out at night, and the staff right away made me feel welcome. When I arrived I asked where I could buy something to eat, and one of them insisted on splitting his sandwich with me instead. Such kind people :) Clean rooms, the fan kept me cool and nice terrace and bar etc.

A hostel in the truest sense of the world. People come and go, the staff is friendly, and if you want they are always encouraging a good time. While an enjoyable place to stay it is also a place for those looking for a party, neither good nor bad, just is. I did enjoy my stay and would probably stay again.

This place is very unprofessional. I had to wake the guy that runs it in order to check in and he came down shirtless to this dumpy office that doubled as a bike rental shop. He wasn't helpful when I asked about sightseeing and logistics. The room was fine. No top sheet provided, just the sheet on the bed. I thought the place had air conditioning when I read about it, but it was just a fan and open windows. Bathroom smelled terrible. No towels provided. It was fine for 1 night max.

• 12th Jul 2015

I fail to see where unprofesional comes into it when you don't even bother to READ about the place you are booking. It clearly states for everyone to see, we do not have AC, we do not provide towels and you can not check in befor midday. Also if you had bothered to ask you would have found out that the bikes in that dumpy office are used for rent and bike tours by our proper guests who hang out for weeks and even months. Oh and by the way, I am also glad you only stayed 1 night.

Definitely a party hostel in the summer so no marks taken off for that although it would be nice if the music could be not turned on at 5:30am. My room smelled of mold the first night which was emanating from the bathroom so I ended up sleeping on the terrace the first day. They moved me the next day to a room downstairs (I definitely recommend getting a downstairs room if you intend to sleep at all) which was better. Bathroom had a mold smell still though.

• 11th Jul 2015

Thanks as you are %100 correct, the rooms downstairs are quieter. However the smell that you encounterd could not possibly have been mould as we repainted the whole building in Spring. So I suggest you check you pack as it sounds like the smell is following you.

Bodrum Backpackers is the only hostel in Bodrum and is located in the city center, very close to all the nightlife. The staff is extremely friendly, social, and want you to have fun. The rooftop bar is where you'll be able to socialize and meet other travelers when you start your night out. Rooms were clean, no-frills, with a fan and bunk beds. Shared facilities (bathroom and shower) were usable. No issues with security. One of the craziest weekends in Turkey! Highly recommended for a good time!

• 10th Jul 2015

Definitely one of the best hostels we stayed at, great atmosphere, fantastic staff, BBQ every night and all the partying. Bedrooms were also very comfortable and clean. Couldn't be in a better location right near beach and town, if you want an amazing time in Bodrum and to meet heaps of people you have to stay here.

You girls were amazing and the life and sole of the party. I hope you find time to come back and if not, enjoy the rest of you trip.

I would highly recommend the hostel to anyone, the location couldnt be better, the staff is really friendly and willing to party, the whole place is very clean and the atmosphere is very cool, you will find people from all over the world which is very nice! Definitely coming back soon!

Your welcome anytime, you were so chilled and just the kind of traveler we like.

Had a really amazing 2 nights with the BB people. It really is what ask for with a good vibe and a guaranteed good time every night with Atacan's Hairdryer BBQ and Afir's Muscular Cocktails. The bathroom could have kept a little cleaner but for a 5 min walk to the beach life is too good to moan about it. M