Bodrum Backpackers Reviews

37B Ataturk Street, Bodrum, Turkey

The room was really small for the price payed (7m2 for 2 beds). The staff is friendly but couldn't really help is during our stay.

Had a grungy feeling. The worst part was that there was no air conditioning and the road it's on is too loud. In my room of 7 beds, One fan was broken, the second fan only hit one bed. It was so hot the first night I tried to sleep on the balcony but it was so noisy I couldn't sleep. There were small lockers in the first floor for your valuables. The staff is hit and miss. Some guys were really friendly but the one with the dreadlocks was immature and unprofessional. Stay somewhere else.

The hostel is very dirty, the windows were broken (in the room, in the bathroom). The top of the building, in the commum area is the worst part of the hostel

When we initially arrived we were told that they only thought that two of us were arriving and had put us in a 5 bed dorm instead of 3 in a 3 bed dorm. There was no apology we were charged the same for being split up over two larger dorms. We had to make up our own beds, there were not enough bathrooms so everyone wondered in and out of the dorms. The staff were high or drunk and completely unhelpful.

All good, staff are friendly. Happy days! But was left without bed sheets for the night. Bloody Turkish! Haha

The only suggestion I have is to have some padlock in the reception to rent to guests who don't have.

• 15th Aug 2015

Very appropriate place if you want to party ! The staff is on site all day long to help you if needed. Nice and crazy. The terrasse is perfect to meet everybody and make some new friends. Don't come there if you want to be in a quiet place and if you want to get some rest. Music all night long. Get ready to party and have fun, and meet people from all over the world. Rooms are basic, the bathrooms were clean. It's really hot in there, but you are not going to stay in your room so it's fine.

• 15th Aug 2015

Thank you Guys for you energy and availability ! Hugs from Italy :)

Love the staff here!! They are so fun and welcoming, they took us partying every night and I'd like to think I've made life long friends! I will definitely be back to visit!! The only down side is AIR CON, you guys NEEEEED to get air con in the rooms!! Also although there is a code to put in when you first enter the building, each dorm should also be locked

• 12th Aug 2015

I do recognize the need for AC but we try to keep the price as low as financially possible so AC would increase the rates by 10 Euro a night. With dormitorys and people coming and going they will be left on 24 hours a day so this why the price would increase so much. I am looking into solar energy and if this becomes feasible we will install it next year as it is not just about the cost, it is also about the cost to the environment.

Crazy ! Insane ! We spent 4 nights in this hostel and we loved it ! The hosts were amazing, perfect location and perfect for meeting people and party ! Don't look for quiet if you go there:)

• 9th Aug 2015

Good place

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

was my first stay in a hostel as a solo traveller, I was super nervous that I'd be out of place and feel unsafe but it ended up being one of the best experiences of my life. made some great friends over the 2 nights and the staff were super welcoming and fun to be around. can't wait to be back here next tine

My staff and I are so happy to hear this, as what you got from your experience while staying with us is exactly what we try to promote. Have a good 1 and hope to see you soon. Spread the word!!

awesome hostel! very good location and 10/10 staff. met some great people and had a very fun time. only thing is that the rooms are very hot

When it came time to leave this hostel I was truely sad. Purely for the people and the staff. Every night they took us out, every day we went to the beach. They made sure everyone was together and friends. This isn't a glamour hostel, but it's still the most fun I've had at a hostel in all of my travels. Would recommend highly for those who want to party and make friends.

Cheers mate and so glad you enjoyed your stay. It was great to have you around and always with a big smile on your face.

I was very disappointed by this hostel. The staff was not helpful and welcoming at all. Nevertheless, the location is great and the rooms ok.

• 25th Jul 2015

Sorry but the night you stayed all of our regular staff and most guests were at Tree of Life Music Festival. Next time try to stay more than 1 night and I am sure you will have a more enjoyable experience.

Great place.great pepole

One of this years great travelers, always helping out and sharing your vast knowledge of the world. Thanks and it was great to see you come back as we missed you as well.

Great location but not exactly organised. Didn't get linen on arrival...until we asked another staff member at 0100 who helped us. Staff are all there for a party, so good if that's what you're up for, they'll make sure you have a ball. Just didn't offer much for anyone else.

Yes we do state that midsummer we are full party zone and also we use backpackers like yourself as staff as it adds to the atmosphere. If you need anything then all you have to do is ask and if the backpacker staff do not know then they will ask one of our full time Turkish staff. We offer our own guided or self guided mountain bike, SUP board or sea kayak tours or any tour to any part of Turkey. As for the partying we arrange entry with no dress restriction into Bodrums best clubs.

Great location, and great for a party however very dirty the toilet next to our room was filthy and Hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Drainage smelt terrible and the rooms were dirty with hair balls gathering on the floor.

I am glad you enjoyed the party and I can remember you and your sister. Sorry that the cleaning or lack of cleaning affected your stay but the cleaning staff have been changed now. Also they removed the water trap from the shower drain which has been replaced now so there is no more bad smell.

The rooms weren't overly clean and they were stinking hot. The bathrooms were not great at all. The staff were mostly helpful but there were a few strange ones there that ruined it for the rest. Location is the best part of this backpackers. The fact it's the only backpackers in Bodrum means they have a monopoly on the market and don't have to put any effort into their operations. Prepare for currency nightmare here. First we were told we had to pay on card, and they didn't deal with cash.

You clearly have no idea of what it takes to run a hostel like this as we put in every effort and work 18-20 hours a day EVERY DAY. Also it states clearly on Hostelworld that we take payment by credit card which can be in Turkish Lira, Euro or Dollars. Now with your vast business experience tell me what size till and how much change should be in it to deal with 3 different currencies and then you might understand why we want you to pay by card.

Location was spot on 2 minute walk to the beach & only 5 minute walk to the bus station. Rooms were ok *bring a splitter as there isn't many power outlets* the bad side was no air con just a weak fan. Staff were great & really made this place. There is a bar but drinks are quite expensive for a hostel making them similar prices to the local bars. DO the huni for your country! Best place to meet people & "make party" don't come here if your boring or want nights in. Love & miss the team

« first « Prev 1 2 3