Bodrum Backpackers Reviews

37B Ataturk Street, Bodrum, Turkey

Perhaps I was there for the end of the season when the owner had better thing to do than look after his property, but it was honestly the least favorable hostel I've ever stayed in. The remnants of parties two weeks ago were still littering the ground throughout the hostel, there was no key given to lock the dorm room, and more often than not, the front door was slightly ajar so that anyone could have entered the building. During the entire stay of 2 nights I had yet to meet a single employee.

• 25th Oct 2014

After all the bad reviews, I was a little bit apprehensive but this hostel is fine! The beds are comfortable and the staff excellent. I met some wonderful people at Bodrum a Backpackers and has some fun times!

I came out of season so the bar had closed, but the staff where very good and friendly, great place to meet people. Feel a little guilty about the rating but there was no lock on the room, beds had proper mattresses however, all in happy but locks and info maps please.

The young English receptionist was surly and unwelcoming. I had to ask for bed linen for my single room and received two elasticated-cornered bottom sheets. I had to ask for a blanket. There was only a bed in the room. I asked for a chair and was told to put my clothes in my case. The bathroom was dirty and with no toilet paper. The jazz bar below was noisy.

The worst hostel I have been ever! I have traveled to many places as a backpacker and have been at many hostels but definitely this has been the worst. Totally dirty, lot of junk at the rooms. Bathrooms? It seems that they have been never cleaned! Amazingly stinky!

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Very dirty rooms, bathroom. Security does not exist here.

Party hostel, so it's not so clean and organized. But is Ok, very well located. I stayed in a single private room and need to go to another room bath.

The downside to the location: it's in Bodrum. The town is super tacky and euro trashy. But I guess you only go to Bodrum to party. I didn't end up going out as I arrived at a weird time when the party goers were recovering. The owner is an odd dude- gone for hours during the day and the restaurant owner next door had to let me up. The party vibe wasn't happening and the dorm smelled really moldy. And no breakfast for the same price as places that include breakfast

I don't think this place deserves the bad reviews at all. It was a great backpackers place, had all you need, rooms were clean and comfortable and staff, particularly the owner were awesome. Would easily stay here again!

I've booked a room starting at 09.00 a.m. & arrived at 09.30. The reception was empty. At least I thought it was until i saw a women in a blanket. She just raised her head and said something jibberish that I am supposed to understand. Then she slept again. As I wandered across the rooms and asked people about my unknown room a girl told me that she had to wait til 18.30 to go in. I've gone to the reception and knocked two times the window and asked for help. The receptionist just yelled at me.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

ATTENTION AVOID!!! THIEVES!! They are OVERBOOKERS!! RUBBERS!! , I'm a real backpacker and I stayed in most thant 30 hostels in Europe before it, I reserved 2 nights in a share-room for 4 persons, but when I arrived there they try to put me to SLEEP IN THE BALCONY (LIKE A HOMELESS) and pain the same price "less 10 liras" (doesn't matter if u paid in euro or dollar, and if your room is a single, twin or share room), in the same day other couple had the same problem. Read the others reviews here!!

A bit of a circus trying to find staff, but we had a good time meeting great people, needs aircon in the rooms though

I stayed singleroom. There is no bathroom. I used next room bathroom. I was really uncomfortable. But this hostel having good location. Not far from in bus station (about 15min by walk)

This hostel was my worst experience ever. The girl at the front desk clearly didnt know how to do her jub as i had to ask everything myself. All she thought was necessary to do is collect the money which she had no change for. I had a single room with no ac and no fan. So with the sun on my room all day not able to rest in there Bathroom i had to use in other peoples room wich was weired. Could complain for a long time.. Dont go there. Also in party hostels one should have a decent place to sleep

I'm very used to travel and stay in hostels, but this was the worst hostel I've ever been in my life. Everything is dirty and a mess. The room and the toilet were full of rubbish. Nobody cleaned during the 2 days I was there. The shower was broken, so I had to be on my knees, using the sink to have a shower. The room was really hot, no aircon. There was nobody at the reception during the morning and the night. It's expensive, everything was horrible and I had to find another place to stay.

Location is great close to everything. I suffered from bed bugs as the rooms are not clean and is hot all the time. No air conditioning and no security. Should upgrade to air conditioning. Staff are kind. It was very quiet when we went, no party scene. Staff told us previous week was busy... Would not recommend

The place was distgustingly dirty, the bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned. It was very hot when we were there and no air conditioning and not even a fan. When we asked the people at reception for a fan they just suggested that it wasn't their problem. A real shame because bodrum is a cool place but this place left us with a bad feeling

No air conditionning system !! So very hot ! Very difficult to sleep! Very dirty room! Dirty and very hot bathroom! No paper for the toilets! Fragile superimposed bed! Very noisy! Only one plug for the entire room! Tiny Room !

As the other reviews suggest, this isn't a hostel you book for comfort, you will have no A/C, almost no security (lockers are available in the reception though) and it's a bit dirty (but you get clean sheets). Anyway, I recommend this hostel because this is a party hostel and this is why you are in Bodrum!!!

The staff in the reception appeared only very late in the day, I couldn't open the entrance and had to sit outside. The room was very dirty and they had 3 hours to clean it. The toilet was dirty and wet the whole time and it was shared with only 2 rooms, toilet paper was missing also. In the room there was only one plug and you had to decide between using the fan or charging your devices. There was only a thin curtain to cover the glass door open to the others and without keys of the room.

• 22nd Aug 2014