Bodrum Backpackers Reviews

37B Ataturk Street, Bodrum, Turkey

Party hostel, so it's not so clean and organized. But is Ok, very well located. I stayed in a single private room and need to go to another room bath.

The downside to the location: it's in Bodrum. The town is super tacky and euro trashy. But I guess you only go to Bodrum to party. I didn't end up going out as I arrived at a weird time when the party goers were recovering. The owner is an odd dude- gone for hours during the day and the restaurant owner next door had to let me up. The party vibe wasn't happening and the dorm smelled really moldy. And no breakfast for the same price as places that include breakfast

I've booked a room starting at 09.00 a.m. & arrived at 09.30. The reception was empty. At least I thought it was until i saw a women in a blanket. She just raised her head and said something jibberish that I am supposed to understand. Then she slept again. As I wandered across the rooms and asked people about my unknown room a girl told me that she had to wait til 18.30 to go in. I've gone to the reception and knocked two times the window and asked for help. The receptionist just yelled at me.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

ATTENTION AVOID!!! THIEVES!! They are OVERBOOKERS!! RUBBERS!! , I'm a real backpacker and I stayed in most thant 30 hostels in Europe before it, I reserved 2 nights in a share-room for 4 persons, but when I arrived there they try to put me to SLEEP IN THE BALCONY (LIKE A HOMELESS) and pain the same price "less 10 liras" (doesn't matter if u paid in euro or dollar, and if your room is a single, twin or share room), in the same day other couple had the same problem. Read the others reviews here!!

A bit of a circus trying to find staff, but we had a good time meeting great people, needs aircon in the rooms though

I stayed singleroom. There is no bathroom. I used next room bathroom. I was really uncomfortable. But this hostel having good location. Not far from in bus station (about 15min by walk)

This hostel was my worst experience ever. The girl at the front desk clearly didnt know how to do her jub as i had to ask everything myself. All she thought was necessary to do is collect the money which she had no change for. I had a single room with no ac and no fan. So with the sun on my room all day not able to rest in there Bathroom i had to use in other peoples room wich was weired. Could complain for a long time.. Dont go there. Also in party hostels one should have a decent place to sleep

I'm very used to travel and stay in hostels, but this was the worst hostel I've ever been in my life. Everything is dirty and a mess. The room and the toilet were full of rubbish. Nobody cleaned during the 2 days I was there. The shower was broken, so I had to be on my knees, using the sink to have a shower. The room was really hot, no aircon. There was nobody at the reception during the morning and the night. It's expensive, everything was horrible and I had to find another place to stay.

Location is great close to everything. I suffered from bed bugs as the rooms are not clean and is hot all the time. No air conditioning and no security. Should upgrade to air conditioning. Staff are kind. It was very quiet when we went, no party scene. Staff told us previous week was busy... Would not recommend

No air conditionning system !! So very hot ! Very difficult to sleep! Very dirty room! Dirty and very hot bathroom! No paper for the toilets! Fragile superimposed bed! Very noisy! Only one plug for the entire room! Tiny Room !

As the other reviews suggest, this isn't a hostel you book for comfort, you will have no A/C, almost no security (lockers are available in the reception though) and it's a bit dirty (but you get clean sheets). Anyway, I recommend this hostel because this is a party hostel and this is why you are in Bodrum!!!

The staff in the reception appeared only very late in the day, I couldn't open the entrance and had to sit outside. The room was very dirty and they had 3 hours to clean it. The toilet was dirty and wet the whole time and it was shared with only 2 rooms, toilet paper was missing also. In the room there was only one plug and you had to decide between using the fan or charging your devices. There was only a thin curtain to cover the glass door open to the others and without keys of the room.

• 22nd Aug 2014

We booked a week In advance for a private 2 bedroom dorm. At 2pm we came to check in & no one was at the reception for nearly 2 hours we had to wait.We were told on arrival that we would have to be in a one bedroom dorm & one of us had to sleep on the floor. The bedroom wasn't big enough for our bags, us & the mattress on the ground. They didn't give us a pillow for the mattress after we asked 3 times. The staff were nice enough but were very unorganised in running a backpackers.

I am truly sorry to you and anyone who could not get their correct bed this summer but so many of you just would not leave. So to anyone who did or did not get a bed this year please try to come again next year. Always remember stay safe, travel light and party hard.

This was the most disappointing place we stayed, the room was dirty, they couldn't be bothered to make the bed, the sheets were stained with white marks, the under sheet was also marked with yellow patches, the bathroom was unclean, the shower head broken saturating the loo paper, who knows when it was cleaned last, even swept. Photos to back up this statement. Would never recommend it. The staff was friendly at least and location was good if you dont want to be near the port. Very over priced.

• 17th Aug 2014

Staff make up for anything that isn't great

It's the worse hostel I've ever been!Both rooms and toilets are extremely dirty, rubbish on the floor and the mattress. We booked a room for 5, but apparently there was a problem so they only give us two dirty double rooms, and they suggest to put the terrace matters on the floor ( in this occasion staff was very rude) not worthing the price at all!

• 9th Aug 2014

We had booked a twin room and at our arrival we were told that they were unable to host us because they were overbooked. They even refused to find us another place in the city. Just apologised and told us we had to look for some "panzion" by ourselves.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Spain

The bathroom and the room were not clean

• 4th Aug 2014

The room was so dirty that we had to buy stuff to clean it ourself. we also bought our toilet paper. We felt like nobody was working in there but, when we finally found them, the staff was nice (except from the manager). So don't go there. Only the location is good in this place. And the fact that there is no AC makes this place even worst.

Hostel is good but social-wise it wasn't as good as others ive stayed in europe room was boiling hot as well

« first « Prev 1 2 3