Bodrum Backpackers Reviews

37B Ataturk Street, Bodrum, Turkey

Bodrum backpackers was certainly a fun 2 days. It is a party hostel, but Bodrum is a party town with not much else to do, so that is kind of what you want. The roof/terrace is an awesome place to spend time and meet people. The nightly bbq is a great excuse to meet new people and can go out with. The rooms are fine, nothing special, not unclean but fine. It is going to be loud but that should be expected. A great time all said!

Took a private double room. Room was bare bones, floor was dirty, and worst of all, the shower drainage was clogged and water seeped into the room! There are other accommodation with a/c around the area for the same price, will try others next time.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Everything is okay, excellent location, good atmosphere, a lot of party, nice rooftop terrace with bar, nice staff, well ventilated roms, comfy beds :), but our room and bathroom were not clean and there were no towels to rent..but still recommendable :)

It's a party hostel. If that's what you're up for then go for it!

Three of my friends and I stayed here for two nights. It was located right in the center of the beautiful beach town and was decently priced. One of the employees, Marshall, was incredibly accommodating and took us out to bars, secret sunset spots, as well as helped us book a boat trip and ferry ticket for our departure. The hostel is a total community, with barbecues on the roof at night. Our only complaint would be a lack of security (there were lockers but you need your own lock).

Was only meant to stay 2 nights ended up staying 7, just couldn't leave. Great Hostel, great staff, great people, great atmosphere!

• 27th Jun 2014

best hostel!! booked for 1 night..turned it into 4 nights. that just sums it up. staff are awesome! cheap dinners offered in hostel. sick chill out area on rooftop where everyone just gets sloshy. no aircon so sleepign outside is much cooler

Loved my stay at Bodrum Backpackers! Great staff and atmosphere--always willing to lend advice and show you where you needed to go to enjoy what Bodrum had to offer. Had the most fun of my entire trip the 4 days I was at Bodrum all because of Bodrum Backpackers!!!

• 25th Jun 2014

This is the party backpackers in bodrum and as a single traveler was the perfect place to meet people. staff are friendly and look after you very well. I enjoyed my stay so much I went back for another night after a sailing trip.

We stayed in Bodrum Backpackers in June 2014 and it was our favourite hostel in Turkey (and we stayed in a few). The staff were so lovely and hospitable and really went above and beyond for every request. The owner, Aran, walked us home from the clubs and to the bus station when we were checking out. The beds were the best I slept on in Turkey the bathrooms were clean and the deck area was a great place to hang out with other travellers. Couldn't recommend Bodrum Backpackers more highly.

Nice location, decent facilities. Staff was friendly, but a little amateurish - kids on summer jobs who weren't always available and didn't make particular efforts to keep the place quiet at night. That said, it's a self-confessed party hostel and dirt cheap, so can't complain too much - you get what you pay for. So long as noise is not a problem (parties/BBQs on the rooftop terrace can get loud), would recommend for people visiting Bodrum.

our first night, the 'manager' came into the room off his face drunk yelling and screaming (in a friendly way) to his friend in our room. that pretty much sums up the experience at this hostel. my blanket was covered in someone elses hair. yum. other than that, decent enough hostel for what you pay!

Not a bad hostel. Great environment. However, Marshall the receptionist is the most inappropriate hostel employee I have ever seen. Made me feel so uncomfortable by hitting on me and all my friends despite being over twice my age. Dom the manager,! he was the most helpful and respectful person I have ever met. He showed us around and took us up to the windmills. Would recommended this hostel to eveyone however, SOME of the staff need to change before I think of returning.

• 7th Jun 2014

Not great. the street was very loud and it was also hot so it was almost impossible to sleep!

Awesome hostel. The staff were all excellent except for the janitor called Marshall. He was always trying to get the girls drunk for some reason and being creepy. But apart from that it was probably the best place to stay in bodrum

Had an awesome time there... the 2 guys working there were helpful and fun,,,took us out most nights, helped with booking tours and showed us the cheapest places to eat. The beds are clean, and the wifi is good(bearing in mind your in Turkey). The location is awesome, 50m from the beach and close to all the main attractions and bar strip. All in all a great hostel, I would stay there again

Bed were nice and fresh , situated very central however, wifi was not working so couldn't pay on cards, and got put in the wrong room 7 dorm instead of 5. There was no one in the room so didn't really matter. No hot water then scolding and freezing water in the shower the next day. Was a fine hostel apart from this :)

• 17th May 2014

Sorry for the wifi not working but this problem affected the whole street as it was a problem with the network provider and is now fixed. We renovated all rooms and bathrooms but the solar hot water tanks now have to be upgraded which will bo done one 30-05-2014

Location was good. But facilities poor when I was there. Wifi didnt work. No free towel as promised. No breakfast coupon available for purchase. It's a hostel and it is definitely worth your money. Would have just liked to get all the benefits I paid for.

Sorry for the wifi not working but this was a problem with the network provider which affected the whole street but it is fixed now. If you at our facilities provided we neither supply or rent towels and breakfast is not included but available in our restaurant below.

Overall we had a great stay at this hostel. The terrace is an awesome place to chill out and have a beer and the rooms were nice and big, and clean. Only issue were the facilities. The wifi didn't work for a good 48 hours, and most of the time the shower was restricted to cold water. I would recommend staying here :)

• 15th May 2014

Located above a karaoke? (someone was butchering a Radiohead song the night I stayed) club/bar and in lively night life area so can get quite noisy at night, whether windows are opened or closed.