Bodrum Backpackers Reviews

37B Ataturk Street, Bodrum, Turkey

Room had not been cleaned- bins in bathroom full and toilet not flushed. I was only occupant and many other rooms empty but after I had gone to bed another person arrived in dorm when they could easily have been given another room. It was however very convenient for the ferry to Greece and cheap.

Everything was perfect, the hostel is in a very centric area and very close to the bus station. The rooms are very spacious and the one that I used it has a just renovated bathroom. The terrace is perfect for chilling and the WiFi works perfectly in the entire building. The staff is very friendly and really eager to make you have a good time, they showed me around and took me to the neighbor city of Gümbe to see the clubs. Decently going back if I'm in Bodrum.

• 23rd Oct 2013
  • Argentina

It was pretty good. The staff were often napping and it was sometimes hard to find them. But good price and a good area.

It is a party hostel, with a roof terrace which attracts most of the guests in the evening. But the hostel itself is pretty grim. The bathroom facilities are not nice at all. You get a sense that no one cleans the toilet. There are lots of signs saying to not bring your own drinks since there is a bar, but the staff were too lazy to even have bar staff so we brought our own drinks anyway. I had to wait around for a member of staff to even turn up, this after a 14 hour overnight bus.A real dive.

• 15th Oct 2013

It was a nice place to stay for a night. It was average, but it was super affordable and that was what we were looking for. We didn't stay long enough to give it a fair evaluation

very dirty bath, no clean bed, but very lazy and friendly manager mehmet, who gave us tea and food for free, for the price o.k

• 23rd Sep 2013

It would be better if I stay in park instead of staying in Backpackers, there is a very rude and irrelevant staff. It was my worst experience in a hostel. Go to street or sleep in any place but don't go this bad unclean and ugly hostel

So much potential... But the staff and cleanliness let it down.

Great pricing on the single private rooms although the room I was in had no fan and was stinking hot. Unable to use the shared bathroom without leaving your room open/unlocked to others with access to the bathroom hall. Staff were friendly enough. Loud bar downstairs make earplugs a must

Kept not giving me change for my drinks. Barely clean bedding. No one around for me to claim back my deposit. No hot water. That said - it was a bit of a laugh and if they actually were a little bit more professional, the hostel could be quite good.

We have been received by one of the worst human being! Very rude person, not helping and lying to us. We booked a room for 2 but we were proposed a dirty dormitory for 5 with 5 liras discount only.... So we didn't and we would never recommend this hostel except my worst enemies...enjoy...

• 19th Aug 2013

Sorry, this was a grim place! The descriptions of the rooms did not match the place - e.g there is no air conditioned room and there is no en suite. It was dirty and full of ill looking back packers sleeping outside!! The manager was great, but I would definitely not stay here again.

They overbook. So be careful during peak summer season. You might think you have booking but when you reach there, you might be told that they are full (no tracking of bookings coming through different sites). In those they go with first come first serve. Although they do offer a mattress in balcony. Also no AC. During summer, it gets very hot and you NEED AC

PLEASE DO NOT GO IN THIS HOSTEL: -boss is really rude,unhelping and not professional -reservation is not take in consideration and they will accomodate in the terrace outside or others bed in common rooms -it is very dirty(hairs, chew sticked) -COLD WATER EVERYTIME!! -the boss refuse me to drink in common area because he wanted me to buy his beverage in the terrace-bar!!! -noises everytime -the boss doesnt give me the keys of rooms,he said you don't need it! - NO LOCKERS and rooms are open

Really near to the bus station( otogare), the city center and the beach, this hostel is the perfect place to enjoy Bodrum as Bodrum has to be enjoyed. There is nice terrace to stay to share with people your travels and drink bears from the hostel which has cheap prices.

the only good thing about this hostel is its location! not clean at all!!! although we had a booking there weren´t any beds available.

• 9th Aug 2013

We had reserved this hostel with deposit but the hostel was full due to overbooking. Hotel manager proposed we sleep on roof for free where 6 other people were already sleeping. When we said we had already paid, they offered a shared room with one of the hostel employees (we had booked a private). The room was very messy and not clean. We went for a walk and when we came back, our beds and room had been used by other people. We have not been reimbursed our deposit (for 3 nights) and 1st night.

• 9th Aug 2013

We stayed here twice as we has already pre booked and both times were Terrible!!! Very unorganised!!!!! They have no booking system and people are made to sleep on the balcony as there are no beds left. Absolute sweat box in the rooms as well and the noise at the bar goes on til 6am in the morning!! Would never recommend this place!!!

• 9th Aug 2013

I made a reservation only for 2 days in this hostel but after I decided to stay longer. I really recommend backpackers Hostel becouse of the great staff and special atmosphere . I will never forget people I met there and delicious turkish breakfast. Thank you so much !!!! :)

This is the worst hostel we have ever stayed in when we got there they had no room for us we slept on the floor in onee of the dorms or on the roof and still had to pay full price. It's very dirty and unhygienic. And the owner is very very unorganised. I defently do not recommend staying here!!!!!!

• 8th Aug 2013