Bodrum Backpackers Reviews

37B Ataturk Street, Bodrum, Turkey

I think if you understand this is a party hostel then you'll really enjoy this hostel. The guys running it are really chill party dudes. They put in effort to make sure have a good time. I think the facilities depend on which room you are in - my room was fine. But its also fine as a place to stay the night - thats what I used it for.

• 8th Apr 2015

The staff were friendly but weren't very helpful and they weren't even up at nine in the morning when we wanted to check out. The location was good but the wifi didn't work in the rooms only in reception and there wasn't any breakfast available as the people weren't up yet.

I am very sorry we did not see you to say goodbye but I can assure you we were awake and working in the building. I did explain to you that the wifi was only working around the reception as we only use this part of the building in winter but the same day I connected our roof top wifi and now the whole building is covered. For the last 3 years we do not provide breakfast and it tells you this on hostelworld. Just outside the door we have 24 hour food and breakfast is just a couple of Euros.

Aaron and Atacan were great and super friendly! They went out of their way to make me comfortable even though it was the offseason. I now consider them friends, thanks guys!

They are kind of strange. Nobody there when i arrive, not hot water during the winter, dirty roon and bathroon. Good localization and if u want a place only to sleep, itss ok.

Please do not let anyone take this the wrong way but this advise that we are OK if you just want a place to sleep is %100 the wrong description. I remember you well as it was boxing day and you were just rushing through and so chose to just use us as a place to sleep. The rest of our guests I personally took to a FREE Christmas party organised by the local authorities and there was a free BBQ and free alcohol all night. What a massive night this was and we deserve more than a one night stand.

Ok so i stayed in the Backpackers for 4 nights at Christmas and then another 4 nights at New Years, I have to say that even though the place could do with a bit of a clean up and the fact that it was quite empty, the staff were amazing and All my needs were met!

Absolutely empty hostel when I arrived in winter, which may have contributed to the rather absent staff. But those that I did meet were helpful and friendly. Good location and value.

Perhaps I was there for the end of the season when the owner had better thing to do than look after his property, but it was honestly the least favorable hostel I've ever stayed in. The remnants of parties two weeks ago were still littering the ground throughout the hostel, there was no key given to lock the dorm room, and more often than not, the front door was slightly ajar so that anyone could have entered the building. During the entire stay of 2 nights I had yet to meet a single employee.

• 25th Oct 2014

The real estate office and bar under the hostel are both owned by us and you can always find someone there. Also because of this we run a very relaxed place and as you can see from other reviews, good or bad nothing has ever been stolen from here. I can see you have only ever made 1 review and I hope your future experiences are more pleasurable but I can tell you from experience that you will see plenty of worse places if you keep staying in backpackers.

After all the bad reviews, I was a little bit apprehensive but this hostel is fine! The beds are comfortable and the staff excellent. I met some wonderful people at Bodrum a Backpackers and has some fun times!

I came out of season so the bar had closed, but the staff where very good and friendly, great place to meet people. Feel a little guilty about the rating but there was no lock on the room, beds had proper mattresses however, all in happy but locks and info maps please.

The young English receptionist was surly and unwelcoming. I had to ask for bed linen for my single room and received two elasticated-cornered bottom sheets. I had to ask for a blanket. There was only a bed in the room. I asked for a chair and was told to put my clothes in my case. The bathroom was dirty and with no toilet paper. The jazz bar below was noisy.

I must appologise for the conduct of my young staff but he was probably a bit hungover. We always give the sheets to our customers to fit themselves as you know you are getting clean ones and it stops other customers making the bed dirty before you arrive. I also see you made reference to your suit case but we are a backpackers and really only cater for people looking for a hostel experience and not a hotel.

The worst hostel I have been ever! I have traveled to many places as a backpacker and have been at many hostels but definitely this has been the worst. Totally dirty, lot of junk at the rooms. Bathrooms? It seems that they have been never cleaned! Amazingly stinky!

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Mexico

I am very sorry that you felt this way. But if I can please give you and others a little advise as a life long traveler. I can see that this is your first ever comment and that this is a problem that I have. For all the hundreds of happy customers I have, they generaly do not comment, so for all the other great places you stayed at before, please make a comment about those places too, as they would be very happy to hear it.

Very dirty rooms, bathroom. Security does not exist here.

Party hostel, so it's not so clean and organized. But is Ok, very well located. I stayed in a single private room and need to go to another room bath.

The downside to the location: it's in Bodrum. The town is super tacky and euro trashy. But I guess you only go to Bodrum to party. I didn't end up going out as I arrived at a weird time when the party goers were recovering. The owner is an odd dude- gone for hours during the day and the restaurant owner next door had to let me up. The party vibe wasn't happening and the dorm smelled really moldy. And no breakfast for the same price as places that include breakfast

I don't think this place deserves the bad reviews at all. It was a great backpackers place, had all you need, rooms were clean and comfortable and staff, particularly the owner were awesome. Would easily stay here again!

I've booked a room starting at 09.00 a.m. & arrived at 09.30. The reception was empty. At least I thought it was until i saw a women in a blanket. She just raised her head and said something jibberish that I am supposed to understand. Then she slept again. As I wandered across the rooms and asked people about my unknown room a girl told me that she had to wait til 18.30 to go in. I've gone to the reception and knocked two times the window and asked for help. The receptionist just yelled at me.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

ATTENTION AVOID!!! THIEVES!! They are OVERBOOKERS!! RUBBERS!! , I'm a real backpacker and I stayed in most thant 30 hostels in Europe before it, I reserved 2 nights in a share-room for 4 persons, but when I arrived there they try to put me to SLEEP IN THE BALCONY (LIKE A HOMELESS) and pain the same price "less 10 liras" (doesn't matter if u paid in euro or dollar, and if your room is a single, twin or share room), in the same day other couple had the same problem. Read the others reviews here!!

A bit of a circus trying to find staff, but we had a good time meeting great people, needs aircon in the rooms though

I stayed singleroom. There is no bathroom. I used next room bathroom. I was really uncomfortable. But this hostel having good location. Not far from in bus station (about 15min by walk)

This hostel was my worst experience ever. The girl at the front desk clearly didnt know how to do her jub as i had to ask everything myself. All she thought was necessary to do is collect the money which she had no change for. I had a single room with no ac and no fan. So with the sun on my room all day not able to rest in there Bathroom i had to use in other peoples room wich was weired. Could complain for a long time.. Dont go there. Also in party hostels one should have a decent place to sleep

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7