Bohemian Lofts Backpackers Reviews

41 Trill Road, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa

Great location in the heart of Obs. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere very laid back. The beds are comfortable and the kitchen clean. The one bathroom is certainly a lot better than the other and the hinges on the door to Obs dorm needs oiling desperately! Ditto some creaky floorboards. The outdoor furniture on that side likewise needs a bit of TLC. Otherwise I would say a big thanks to the guys who run the place and hope to see you again in the future!

The staff are lovely, our double room was great although the curtain to our ensuite was strange .. Needs a door. Good location if you want to hang out in that area although it is a fair trip into the heart of cape town. The area can be a bit sketchy at night but that's Cape Town and the security into the building is very adequate making us feel very safe.

We had a nice stay. The hostel is located in a good area. A lot small pubs and restaurants, but quite during the night.

• 19th Oct 2014

The hostel is far from downtown and all the touristic things. It's a nice neighbourhood (good restaurants and bars) but it's really hard to get anywhere from there. They charge a really good price (cheap compared to other cape town hotels) but if you're travelling by yourself I'd recommend to stay somewhere closer to table mountain, long street, etc.

Hostel is great! Staff are extremely friendly. The only but is that wifi doesn't reach some bedrooms. Other than that, awesome!

I had a problem having shower, it was kind of blocked and got flooded very quick. Though the staff gave me the key to other room to have shower. The other thing I didnt liked is that I booked a room with a private shower, but when I got there it seems they didnt have this room available anymore. Apart of this, the place is ok for a backpacker hostel. A bit expensive for what they offer, but in CPT it seems all of them are a bit pricey.

• 14th Dec 2012

Congenial hostel in Observatory. Helpful staff and nice, clean rooms.

Both receptionists that I encountered on my stay were extremely nice and helpful. They told us about different options for what to do in Cape Town and then called to make the arrangements for us. They also were very nice about adding a third bed to a double room. Really enjoyed my stay!

Obz is a fantastic community of artists and students; creativity is in the air. The owner of the Bohemian Lofts is fantastic, and the facilities secure and clean. I'd stay here for a bit anytime.

• 2nd Feb 2012

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate your kind remarks. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you back again in the future. Warm Regards Mel - Owner