Boho Hostel Reviews

'Cycas' Guzeppi Xerri, St Julians, St. Julians, Malta

Fantastic, welcoming hostel. Very homely feel and lovely staff. Would definitely recommend.

• 21st Dec 2014

The hostel is far away from the bus stop (1.5 km uphill) and it takes about one hour to get to Valetta from where you can get to other places. There is no common room at the hostel where you can talk without disturbing other guests. No dorm room had any locks. The preassure in the shower was really poor. However the staff and a lot of the other guests were really friendly and welcoming.

Thanks for taking the time to write the review. We're glad you found the hostel staff friendly and helpful, and we're also very happy that other guests too were nice- this all contributes to the wonderful atmosphere found at boho. I'm sorry you felt let down with a few things, though I'd like to explain the reason behind a few: Dorms don't have locks because they're shared and staff is always going in and out cleaning / changing sheets etc. We do, however, provide you with extra large lockers for your valuables, and the hostel has 2 entrance doors which are always locked and well secured. The closest bus stop is just 2 streets away (not 1.5 k) and takes you to Valletta in 20 minutes, depending on traffic, and boho is just a ten minute walk to the center. The showers are all power showers and many guests have complimented them! But sorry if these did not live up to your expectations.

The reviews are unprecedently good and it's not hard to see why when you are there. Fantastic, friendly, welcoming staff. Wonderfully clean. Often you find that in a large 'corporate' style hostel it's clean but without personal touches, or you stay somewhere with bountiful personal touches that lacks cleanliness / security. Boho does a fantastic job of combining both: it has a great vibe and is efficiently run! My only regret is that I wasn't there in the summer..excuse to return I guess :)

The best hostel in terms of staff and friendliness ever.

Great place, with a great atmosphere. Thank you for everything!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Excellent stay ın Boho Hostel! Staff all very friendly and we met some awesome people! Short walk to the bus stop that takes you all over the island. İf İ can İ will definitely come back!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

fantastic hostel, go stay there if you like a laid back atmosphere, you won't regret it!

Awesome atmosphere, the friendliest staff and fellow guests ever! The organised bbq was lovely, plus regular organised events. Great place for socialising with other guests yet also be able to get a decent nights sleep. Not the a central location, but bus connections are great value (1.50 Euro for an all day pass to anywhere in Malta!) The only thing I would suggest to Boho is to upgrade the bunk beds to a more sturdy type, but not too much of a problem in October as the rooms are not too busy

Such a relaxed haven to escape the madness of Malta, well worth staying here. Penny the owner is superb and is building quite an animal sanctuary which adds to the whole bohemian theme and calm hostel. Will return for sure.

• 10th Oct 2014

Penny was a wonderful host and I would highly recommend Boho to anyone looking for a great holiday in Malta.

• 1st Oct 2014

Loved Boho so much, Definitely recommend it, Especially if you are travelling alone.. super friendly, It was like stepping into a new home :), Will make sure I return!

• 26th Sep 2014

What a great place to spend some days, when visiting Malta. Compared to the general apartments and buildings in the area, boho is really a nice place, with great outside area to hang and enjoy the company of travelers from around the world. The Staff is always smiling, helpfull, and they are competent in a proffesional way. don't ask me how i know that :). It is often the atmosphere and the people that make your journeys memorable, and Boho Hostel has just that.

Love Boho, by far one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Was traveling alone and fit right in, everyone is very friendly and loves to chat about where you're from. Kind people, lots of love... Atmosphere is so important, and Boho has one of the best I've ever been a part of! Very sad to leave! Saħħa!

• 26th Aug 2014

We stayed in the BoHo Hostel for 12 days and really enjoyed our stay. It is a clean place with an amazing atmosphere. We quickly made friends from all over the world. We can recommend this hostel to anyone. Other travellers confirmed our opinion about the atmosphere: It is the friendliest place we've stayed. Staff is very helpful and organizes nice events such as a fish BBQ in the garden. Location could be better, be prepared to walk up a hill few times a day. 25 min to paceville by foot.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The atmosphere was great, the manager treated us really well, we felt at home as it's not too big, so that in this way you can have a better relation with the other guests, which in my case now are my friends. Thank you for everything, cheers from Tuna de Medicina de Barcelona!

Great hostel to really truly relax, and embrace what backpacking and solo travelling is all about.

For sure one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Atmosphere is amazing, staff is helpful and the hostel is very clean. Their garden is amazing for chilling out and meeting new people. Every day they organize something different: trips, bbq's and things like that. The only negative point is the distance to the center: 10-20min walking can be very tiring, especially after partying all night long. But I would reccomend this hostel to everyone I know, without doubt. Thank you, Boho!