Boho Hostel Reviews

'Cycas' Guzeppi Xerri, St Julians, St. Julians, Malta

Loved staying in Boho! The staff is super friendly and it is small enough that you can meet everyone in the hostel! Most of the other people staying there were students who studied in Malta so they all knew each other but were friendly enough to include new guests.

• 27th Nov 2015

Great hostel. I came in October and not much was going on but I can imagine how amazing things would be in summer.

Really nice hostel, staff were very friendly , it looks like at home . Lot of activities with the guests, I suggest

• 8th Oct 2015

By far the best hostel I've stayed in Europe! A perfect place for solo travellers to meet lovely people! Staff are really fantastic.

Penny and the team were fantastic at making me feel welcome, and giving great adventure ce and tips. Thank you!!

A really nice hostel BUT it's right next to a very busy 4 lane road and it's too hot to sleep at night without the window open. Really had a hard time sleeping even with earplugs.

They organize garden BBQ and tours to Comino, Gozo and fish market etc. Check the details before you sign up as it may not suit your preference. (eg. If you want to stay in Blue Lagoon, Comino for several hours, I recommend to go by boat by yourself, not by their tour.) BBQ was great to get to know other guests. Loved the atmosphere of the hostel and people I met! Only 3 bathrooms for total 24 ppl (when it's full) so sometimes need to wait. Location is not the best, but still acceptable.

As a "solo - living in a big city" traveler I was looking for a small place to relax and meet new people and Boho was perfect. Penny and her staff were kind, helpful and organize barbecues and day trips to make your stay even better (I went to Gozo with Javi and it was a fun and interesting day!). Location is good if you don't mind walking a bit: bars and clubs are 20 min away and you can sleep in silence! Only complaint:signs on the road are confusing and don't match the directions of your site

They asked me by email to let them know my arrival time before reach the hostel, so I replied with my arrival info and I even asked them to arrange the pick up from the airport, however when I arrived the hostel there was no staff to checked me in (To open the gate, other guest kindly did) and I had to wait around 30 minutes. I saw several other guests who faced the same problem during my stay. If they're not waiting for guests' arrival anyway, what's the purpose to ask our arrival time?

Nice relaxing place with a garden to chill in. Very nice atmosphere with people chlling together in the evening and very very nice straff members. The location is a bit "far" away and you have to clime some hills. But if you dont mind a bit of walking (especially when its sunny) or taking a bus you will be fine. We were fine even if we didn't prefare any of these to options!

Hello, thanks for your positive review. We're glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and meeting people from all over the world. Villas are generally found a little out of the center in St Julians, (replaced by apartments) and that's the case with Boho. It's a hostel in a Villa, ten minute walk to the center. Yes, there are a couple of short hills, but Malta is full of hills. Thanks again, and hope to see you here again.

Boho is somehow like a home to me, and I'm pretty sure the other guests I've met there think like me. That's one of the reasons I decided to return to Malta after been there in 2013. The atmosphere is fantastic, the bathrooms are spacious and well served, there are cute gardens with hammocks and lots of interesting activities offered by the hostel. Penny, the young and very competent owner, shows up everyday at the place and its a lovely person. Really, trully reccomended.

The hostel is far from the center. You have to walk during 30minutes and if you want to take a bus, you can but it spend a lot of time to arrive at everywhere.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Dear Sandra, thanks for your review. Boho is a ten, not 30, minute walk to the center. If you don't believe our online description, a quick googlemap check can confirm this. We hope reviews like these don't put guests off booking, mostly because they're inaccurate. We always say, BOHO is close enough to the center to walk, yet far enough to escape the hustle and bustle. Besides, it's the only hostel in Malta located in a Villa, so a ten min walk, we hear from other guests, is well worth it