Boho Hostel Reviews

'Cycas' Guzeppi Xerri, St Julians, St. Julians, Malta

Boho is somehow like a home to me, and I'm pretty sure the other guests I've met there think like me. That's one of the reasons I decided to return to Malta after been there in 2013. The atmosphere is fantastic, the bathrooms are spacious and well served, there are cute gardens with hammocks and lots of interesting activities offered by the hostel. Penny, the young and very competent owner, shows up everyday at the place and its a lovely person. Really, trully reccomended.

The hostel is far from the center. You have to walk during 30minutes and if you want to take a bus, you can but it spend a lot of time to arrive at everywhere.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Dear Sandra, thanks for your review. Boho is a ten, not 30, minute walk to the center. If you don't believe our online description, a quick googlemap check can confirm this. We hope reviews like these don't put guests off booking, mostly because they're inaccurate. We always say, BOHO is close enough to the center to walk, yet far enough to escape the hustle and bustle. Besides, it's the only hostel in Malta located in a Villa, so a ten min walk, we hear from other guests, is well worth it

It was good, only but a little more pink signs on the roads might have helped us no to get lost, whilst trying to find it. Lovely garden ;) :D

Great hostel if you're looking to relax and recover. Staff very helpful with helping you get places and working out the buses. Rooms are big and bathrooms were always clean and very big!

I loved the hostel and everyone in it! It was so cozy and very charming, a bit of a walk away from everything but if you don't mind that it is perfect!

• 27th Jul 2015

Friendly atmosphere, made lots of great friends here. Lovely staff who helped me stay longer here at Boho when it was difficult for me to go anywhere else. Shared kitchen and living room area kept clean and tidy. The outside area was perfect for me and friends to relax after long days of walking! Lots to do here, including movie nights, bbqs, and day trips organised by the hostel to the Blue Lagoon / Gozo! I enjoyed my time here, thankyou for having me my Boho buddies!! Peace ✌. & Love ❤ x

This hostel has a really lovely atmosphere where you really feel like you are part of a family. The trips are great, especially Comino, and give you the opportunity to see more challenging parts of the islands. Visiting at the end of July, the only problem for me was the heat and the hostel really needs to think about installing air con as in some of the rooms it is very uncomfortable. A fan or two is not enough. However overall I had a fabulous stay at Boho.

Dear Jenny, thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed the hostel's atmosphere and our regular events- It was great having you here. Regarding ACs: It's hard to accommodate all guests' preferences when rooms are shared. We have had many guests who complained about getting sick after being on a bus for an hour, with AC on, and then going out to 40degree weather. We fee that 2 fans and open windows can keep the room comfortable enough, and everyone happy (whilst helping us keep hostel prices)

Good place to meet people. Besides that a normal boutique hostel.

Boho hostel is amazing! The staff is incredibly nice and fun, all areas are constantly being clean and the location is good (it's on top of a hill, but it's really not that bad of a walk up).

• 6th Jul 2015

The best hostel I've stayed at thanks to its great owner Penny at the staff, especially Javi!

Thanks Penny had an amazing time once again!

I had an very good time there, the staff was very helpful, I liked the style and interior of the building, the guest book which is a actually collection of tips about how to explore the island. There were also more trips and coming-togethers (BBQ) than in other hostels which brought us together. I also liked the "rules" in the hostel which simply made life easier (mark your food in the fridge, keep the gates closed, etc.). This was definately not my last stay there.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

It was a great place to stay as two shops and a cheap takeaway place were only down the road. The atmosphere was homely and cosy, the trip to comino was Fantastic and the BBQ was tasty!. Most people I met said this was the best hostel they have stayed at.

I really enjoyed in boho hostel and would love to go there again.... it was very super amazing trip I done with boho hostel.. staff was amazing super and friendly which was the very basic point.. 😊 👍👍👍 Boho hostel do makes some social tripe/events which give you chance to socialise. Location is good and not far from the main bus stop and other shopping and lovely locations.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Pakistan

Great little bohemian hostel. The staff and owner are very friendly. The hostel was constantly clean and there's even a friendly cat 'Cat Stevens' to keep you company. The hostel is about a 20 min walk to the main strip of shops. Couldn't recommend highly enough if your looking for a chill out hostel in Malta. We will be back!!

Lovely and welcoming place to stay. I found it very very hard to find and after 3 bus journeys I ended up getting a cab. It is in an awkward place but once you know where it is, it is a great place. The travel from the hostel gives you access to most of Malta so I really recommend this place if you want to travel around and sight see. I think it would be really helpful for Boho to email a copy of the Boho Map which they give out on arrival.

Had a great stay at Boho. The staff was friendly and the owner Jenny was a very nice host. She also helped us arranged for hiring a car for the day which was great. Would definitely recommend!

• 14th May 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Having stayed in nearly 100 hostels, I can say with confidence that Boho is first-rate. It is true this is not a 'wild rave party' hostel. You will not find drunken teenagers swinging from the chandeliers here. Instead, it is a very pleasant environment where you are likely to find 6-10 guests preparing and sharing food together in a large kitchen/ dining area. For the hostel's 3rd birthday Penny (the lovely owner) hosted a fantastic bbq! This hostel definitely has the feel of a home.

• 9th Apr 2015

I've stayed at numerous hostels whilst traveling in the past 7 months. There's no hostel like boho! Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. There's a very relaxed and friendly vibe in Boho. I was there for 8 days and got to know some of the people there pretty well. I had a great time not only in Malta but in Boho as well. On the last night I was there, we had an international dinner where everybody made food from their country and shared it with everyone. It was amazing!

• 30th Mar 2015

You're doing a great job, your Hostel is so cozy. I had an amazing time. Thank you.

• 22nd Mar 2015