Boho Hostel Reviews

'Cycas' Guzeppi Xerri, St Julians, St. Julians, Malta

The best hostel I've stayed at thanks to its great owner Penny at the staff, especially Javi!

Thanks Penny had an amazing time once again!

I had an very good time there, the staff was very helpful, I liked the style and interior of the building, the guest book which is a actually collection of tips about how to explore the island. There were also more trips and coming-togethers (BBQ) than in other hostels which brought us together. I also liked the "rules" in the hostel which simply made life easier (mark your food in the fridge, keep the gates closed, etc.). This was definately not my last stay there.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

It was a great place to stay as two shops and a cheap takeaway place were only down the road. The atmosphere was homely and cosy, the trip to comino was Fantastic and the BBQ was tasty!. Most people I met said this was the best hostel they have stayed at.

• 11th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed in boho hostel and would love to go there again.... it was very super amazing trip I done with boho hostel.. staff was amazing super and friendly which was the very basic point.. 😊 👍👍👍 Boho hostel do makes some social tripe/events which give you chance to socialise. Location is good and not far from the main bus stop and other shopping and lovely locations.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Pakistan

Great little bohemian hostel. The staff and owner are very friendly. The hostel was constantly clean and there's even a friendly cat 'Cat Stevens' to keep you company. The hostel is about a 20 min walk to the main strip of shops. Couldn't recommend highly enough if your looking for a chill out hostel in Malta. We will be back!!

Lovely and welcoming place to stay. I found it very very hard to find and after 3 bus journeys I ended up getting a cab. It is in an awkward place but once you know where it is, it is a great place. The travel from the hostel gives you access to most of Malta so I really recommend this place if you want to travel around and sight see. I think it would be really helpful for Boho to email a copy of the Boho Map which they give out on arrival.

Had a great stay at Boho. The staff was friendly and the owner Jenny was a very nice host. She also helped us arranged for hiring a car for the day which was great. Would definitely recommend!

• 14th May 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Having stayed in nearly 100 hostels, I can say with confidence that Boho is first-rate. It is true this is not a 'wild rave party' hostel. You will not find drunken teenagers swinging from the chandeliers here. Instead, it is a very pleasant environment where you are likely to find 6-10 guests preparing and sharing food together in a large kitchen/ dining area. For the hostel's 3rd birthday Penny (the lovely owner) hosted a fantastic bbq! This hostel definitely has the feel of a home.

• 9th Apr 2015

I've stayed at numerous hostels whilst traveling in the past 7 months. There's no hostel like boho! Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. There's a very relaxed and friendly vibe in Boho. I was there for 8 days and got to know some of the people there pretty well. I had a great time not only in Malta but in Boho as well. On the last night I was there, we had an international dinner where everybody made food from their country and shared it with everyone. It was amazing!

• 30th Mar 2015

You're doing a great job, your Hostel is so cozy. I had an amazing time. Thank you.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Such a great time in best hostel ever! Second time in Malta, but first being in Boho Hostel. Perfect location because of residential area, gardens, and close to Sliema beach. Perfect to share traveling with other guests, really clean and nice staff. Hope to see you again! Thanks Boho!

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Spain

2nd time in Boho, and already waiting for the 3rd. I can't wait for being there again!. Incredible facilities, gardens, perfect atmosphere and events. It makes you feel at home, and help you to speak and share with people, is the perfect place to stay with friends or couple, but also to be alone and meet interesting people. Also really clean, it seems is the main concern for the owner and I have to say they are doing a great job. Also got in love with catstevens and Penny again. See you soon!

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Spain

A lot of long termers, lifers living there, guy in my room got up early to go to work every day which woke me up and turned the lights out at 10 in the evening to go to sleep which was annoying. Also there is a main road outside where you can here the cars which can make it difficult to sleep if you are a sensitive sleeper. No free tea or coffee after 12. Hostel has a nice garden to sit in, and staff will help you.

Thanks for your review. We're glad you found the team helpful and the garden area nice to hang around in. I'm so sorry that you were woken up by your room-mates. This happens sometimes when you're in a dormitory, unfortunately, whether you're sharing with long-termers, or 'weekenders'. We wished you would have communicated the issue with us when you extended your stay from 2 days to a further seven nights. We would have either changed your room or asked your room mate to be more considerate. Usually when guests extend their stays, it's an indirect way of telling us they're happy here. We've never really had any negative feedback about 'no free tea/coffee after 12,' as since breakfast is not included in the room type, guest usually express their gratitude that there's even any free coffee offered at all....

Great hostel in Malta with a relaxing atmosphere. Boho has a good mix of independent travellers and long term residents. Nice staff and lots of info for your trip in Malta. Cool garden and terrace to enjoy the Mediterranean sun. The only negative is the location - Boho is quite a distance from the main bar and restaurant areas but public transport is an option.

Most amazing staff. Very friendly, really felt at home.

Very good atmosphere and staff is really good and helpful. airy and clean rooms. The bathrooms are big and clean as well. Kitchen is big and full of equipments.I personally highly recommend this hostel!!!