Boho Hostel Reviews

'Cycas' Guzeppi Xerri, St Julians, St. Julians, Malta

Having stayed in nearly 100 hostels, I can say with confidence that Boho is first-rate. It is true this is not a 'wild rave party' hostel. You will not find drunken teenagers swinging from the chandeliers here. Instead, it is a very pleasant environment where you are likely to find 6-10 guests preparing and sharing food together in a large kitchen/ dining area. For the hostel's 3rd birthday Penny (the lovely owner) hosted a fantastic bbq! This hostel definitely has the feel of a home.

• 9th Apr 2015

I've stayed at numerous hostels whilst traveling in the past 7 months. There's no hostel like boho! Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. There's a very relaxed and friendly vibe in Boho. I was there for 8 days and got to know some of the people there pretty well. I had a great time not only in Malta but in Boho as well. On the last night I was there, we had an international dinner where everybody made food from their country and shared it with everyone. It was amazing!

• 30th Mar 2015

You're doing a great job, your Hostel is so cozy. I had an amazing time. Thank you.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Such a great time in best hostel ever! Second time in Malta, but first being in Boho Hostel. Perfect location because of residential area, gardens, and close to Sliema beach. Perfect to share traveling with other guests, really clean and nice staff. Hope to see you again! Thanks Boho!

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Spain

2nd time in Boho, and already waiting for the 3rd. I can't wait for being there again!. Incredible facilities, gardens, perfect atmosphere and events. It makes you feel at home, and help you to speak and share with people, is the perfect place to stay with friends or couple, but also to be alone and meet interesting people. Also really clean, it seems is the main concern for the owner and I have to say they are doing a great job. Also got in love with catstevens and Penny again. See you soon!

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Spain

A lot of long termers, lifers living there, guy in my room got up early to go to work every day which woke me up and turned the lights out at 10 in the evening to go to sleep which was annoying. Also there is a main road outside where you can here the cars which can make it difficult to sleep if you are a sensitive sleeper. No free tea or coffee after 12. Hostel has a nice garden to sit in, and staff will help you.

Thanks for your review. We're glad you found the team helpful and the garden area nice to hang around in. I'm so sorry that you were woken up by your room-mates. This happens sometimes when you're in a dormitory, unfortunately, whether you're sharing with long-termers, or 'weekenders'. We wished you would have communicated the issue with us when you extended your stay from 2 days to a further seven nights. We would have either changed your room or asked your room mate to be more considerate. Usually when guests extend their stays, it's an indirect way of telling us they're happy here. We've never really had any negative feedback about 'no free tea/coffee after 12,' as since breakfast is not included in the room type, guest usually express their gratitude that there's even any free coffee offered at all....

Great hostel in Malta with a relaxing atmosphere. Boho has a good mix of independent travellers and long term residents. Nice staff and lots of info for your trip in Malta. Cool garden and terrace to enjoy the Mediterranean sun. The only negative is the location - Boho is quite a distance from the main bar and restaurant areas but public transport is an option.

Most amazing staff. Very friendly, really felt at home.

Very good atmosphere and staff is really good and helpful. airy and clean rooms. The bathrooms are big and clean as well. Kitchen is big and full of equipments.I personally highly recommend this hostel!!!

Fantastic, welcoming hostel. Very homely feel and lovely staff. Would definitely recommend.

• 21st Dec 2014

The hostel is far away from the bus stop (1.5 km uphill) and it takes about one hour to get to Valetta from where you can get to other places. There is no common room at the hostel where you can talk without disturbing other guests. No dorm room had any locks. The preassure in the shower was really poor. However the staff and a lot of the other guests were really friendly and welcoming.

Thanks for taking the time to write the review. We're glad you found the hostel staff friendly and helpful, and we're also very happy that other guests too were nice- this all contributes to the wonderful atmosphere found at boho. I'm sorry you felt let down with a few things, though I'd like to explain the reason behind a few: Dorms don't have locks because they're shared and staff is always going in and out cleaning / changing sheets etc. We do, however, provide you with extra large lockers for your valuables, and the hostel has 2 entrance doors which are always locked and well secured. The closest bus stop is just 2 streets away (not 1.5 k) and takes you to Valletta in 20 minutes, depending on traffic, and boho is just a ten minute walk to the center. The showers are all power showers and many guests have complimented them! But sorry if these did not live up to your expectations.

The reviews are unprecedently good and it's not hard to see why when you are there. Fantastic, friendly, welcoming staff. Wonderfully clean. Often you find that in a large 'corporate' style hostel it's clean but without personal touches, or you stay somewhere with bountiful personal touches that lacks cleanliness / security. Boho does a fantastic job of combining both: it has a great vibe and is efficiently run! My only regret is that I wasn't there in the summer..excuse to return I guess :)

The best hostel in terms of staff and friendliness ever.