Boho Hostel Reviews

'Cycas' Guzeppi Xerri, St Julians, St. Julians, Malta

The reviews are unprecedently good and it's not hard to see why when you are there. Fantastic, friendly, welcoming staff. Wonderfully clean. Often you find that in a large 'corporate' style hostel it's clean but without personal touches, or you stay somewhere with bountiful personal touches that lacks cleanliness / security. Boho does a fantastic job of combining both: it has a great vibe and is efficiently run! My only regret is that I wasn't there in the summer..excuse to return I guess :)

The best hostel in terms of staff and friendliness ever.

Great place, with a great atmosphere. Thank you for everything!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Excellent stay ın Boho Hostel! Staff all very friendly and we met some awesome people! Short walk to the bus stop that takes you all over the island. İf İ can İ will definitely come back!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

fantastic hostel, go stay there if you like a laid back atmosphere, you won't regret it!

Awesome atmosphere, the friendliest staff and fellow guests ever! The organised bbq was lovely, plus regular organised events. Great place for socialising with other guests yet also be able to get a decent nights sleep. Not the a central location, but bus connections are great value (1.50 Euro for an all day pass to anywhere in Malta!) The only thing I would suggest to Boho is to upgrade the bunk beds to a more sturdy type, but not too much of a problem in October as the rooms are not too busy

Such a relaxed haven to escape the madness of Malta, well worth staying here. Penny the owner is superb and is building quite an animal sanctuary which adds to the whole bohemian theme and calm hostel. Will return for sure.

• 10th Oct 2014

Penny was a wonderful host and I would highly recommend Boho to anyone looking for a great holiday in Malta.

• 1st Oct 2014

Loved Boho so much, Definitely recommend it, Especially if you are travelling alone.. super friendly, It was like stepping into a new home :), Will make sure I return!

• 26th Sep 2014

What a great place to spend some days, when visiting Malta. Compared to the general apartments and buildings in the area, boho is really a nice place, with great outside area to hang and enjoy the company of travelers from around the world. The Staff is always smiling, helpfull, and they are competent in a proffesional way. don't ask me how i know that :). It is often the atmosphere and the people that make your journeys memorable, and Boho Hostel has just that.

Love Boho, by far one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Was traveling alone and fit right in, everyone is very friendly and loves to chat about where you're from. Kind people, lots of love... Atmosphere is so important, and Boho has one of the best I've ever been a part of! Very sad to leave! Saħħa!

• 26th Aug 2014

We stayed in the BoHo Hostel for 12 days and really enjoyed our stay. It is a clean place with an amazing atmosphere. We quickly made friends from all over the world. We can recommend this hostel to anyone. Other travellers confirmed our opinion about the atmosphere: It is the friendliest place we've stayed. Staff is very helpful and organizes nice events such as a fish BBQ in the garden. Location could be better, be prepared to walk up a hill few times a day. 25 min to paceville by foot.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The atmosphere was great, the manager treated us really well, we felt at home as it's not too big, so that in this way you can have a better relation with the other guests, which in my case now are my friends. Thank you for everything, cheers from Tuna de Medicina de Barcelona!

Great hostel to really truly relax, and embrace what backpacking and solo travelling is all about.

For sure one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Atmosphere is amazing, staff is helpful and the hostel is very clean. Their garden is amazing for chilling out and meeting new people. Every day they organize something different: trips, bbq's and things like that. The only negative point is the distance to the center: 10-20min walking can be very tiring, especially after partying all night long. But I would reccomend this hostel to everyone I know, without doubt. Thank you, Boho!

I haven't been to many hostels, but this one rated extremely high with me! The family-like atmosphere, the friendliness of staff and the many hostel activities and events made for an amazing time in Malta. I made some amazing friends, and got to see parts of Malta I probably would never had the opportunity to, all thanks to Penny and the staff at Boho. Thanks so much Penny, you're 'baby' is just bliss :)

We liked the -organised bbq, homely and relaxed feeling, use of the kitchen and fridge, friendly staff, social atmosphere, organised tours. disliked : the sheets and pillow cases that smelt, the old raggedy towels, the fact that there are only three showers for all guests.

This is the best hostel that i never tried. Is more than an hostel, is a big family that will conquer tour heart. The guys from the staff organises a lot of activities, barbecues, excursions with you can really enjoy Malta. vively recommended for people who travels alone, because at Boho noone is never alone.

• 24th Jul 2014

Backpackers, go to Malta. NOW. And go to Boho Hostel. I immediately felt at home there, thanks to a warm welcome from the staff but also from the other guests. Everyone was extremely sad to leave this place, even to go to another hotel in Malta. The staff is able to give you good advice about what to visit and good deals, the rooms are clean, respect is a keyword... and the hostel is very well situated near Valletta, with easy access to public transport. THANKS BOHO!

Boho was the highlight of our 7 weeks backpacking.While it may not be central (only 10mins walking) or have flashy new fixtures and fittings, it was a home away from home. Relaxed, bohemian-style hostel which attracts a certain type of traveller whom together with other likeminded travellers facilitate a chilled place with an awesome positive vibe. Fun (& cheap!) activities were offered and hearty BBQs cooked (by Javier - such a great chef!) we cannot fault Boho. Miss this place already!Go Boho!