Boho Hostel Reviews

'Cycas' Guzeppi Xerri, St Julians, St. Julians, Malta

Great hostel to really truly relax, and embrace what backpacking and solo travelling is all about.

For sure one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Atmosphere is amazing, staff is helpful and the hostel is very clean. Their garden is amazing for chilling out and meeting new people. Every day they organize something different: trips, bbq's and things like that. The only negative point is the distance to the center: 10-20min walking can be very tiring, especially after partying all night long. But I would reccomend this hostel to everyone I know, without doubt. Thank you, Boho!

I haven't been to many hostels, but this one rated extremely high with me! The family-like atmosphere, the friendliness of staff and the many hostel activities and events made for an amazing time in Malta. I made some amazing friends, and got to see parts of Malta I probably would never had the opportunity to, all thanks to Penny and the staff at Boho. Thanks so much Penny, you're 'baby' is just bliss :)

• 27th Jul 2014

This is the best hostel that i never tried. Is more than an hostel, is a big family that will conquer tour heart. The guys from the staff organises a lot of activities, barbecues, excursions with you can really enjoy Malta. vively recommended for people who travels alone, because at Boho noone is never alone.

• 24th Jul 2014

Backpackers, go to Malta. NOW. And go to Boho Hostel. I immediately felt at home there, thanks to a warm welcome from the staff but also from the other guests. Everyone was extremely sad to leave this place, even to go to another hotel in Malta. The staff is able to give you good advice about what to visit and good deals, the rooms are clean, respect is a keyword... and the hostel is very well situated near Valletta, with easy access to public transport. THANKS BOHO!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Boho was the highlight of our 7 weeks backpacking.While it may not be central (only 10mins walking) or have flashy new fixtures and fittings, it was a home away from home. Relaxed, bohemian-style hostel which attracts a certain type of traveller whom together with other likeminded travellers facilitate a chilled place with an awesome positive vibe. Fun (& cheap!) activities were offered and hearty BBQs cooked (by Javier - such a great chef!) we cannot fault Boho. Miss this place already!Go Boho!

The hostel is a 15min walk up hill from st Julian's, mind you they mention this on their website but it's still a bit hard to find even by locals. It has a welcoming hippie/chilled vibe and the staff although friendly seem a little hesitant to go out of their way to help visitors. You can tell this hostel lives of their former glory, the fascilities haven't been looked ufter for some time. It's clean but not so much towels and bathroom matts need an update. The fridge and taps need to be fixed.

• 8th Jul 2014

Thanks for your review. Working in hospitality we feel that, though we try our best, we can't please everybody, and it saddens us when guests only focus on what in their eyes is 'negative.' Like you pointed out, it states clearly that the location of boho is ten minutes away from the center. You read the reviews. So why book it? As for Boho living off its former glory- the hostel has been open for just 2 years, so we're not sure what former glory you're referring to.

It is very hard to find any fault with this hostel. The staff are all lovely and very helpful. The hostel is set in a quiet, relaxed atmosphere which is perfect for a hangover! Regular barbeques and excursions are organised by the hostel at a good price, naturally followed by a pub crawl later at night. The garden has a tranquil, sociable setting which makes it easy to meet new and interesting people. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Awesome property, pretty far away from everything though, but it´s fine. Pity you can´t stay in the gardens after 11PM, definitely best part of the hostel. Really nice atmosphere.

Thanks for your lovely words! It's our guests who help create the wonderful atmosphere at the hostel. The laws in Malta are what they are, so keeping outdoor/garden area open past 11 at night would be illegal unfortunately. About the location; boho is not your super-central mainstream hostel. It's a slightly off the beaten track backpackers, and we never try to promote it in any other way. Having said that, it still remains only a 10 min walk to 'everything', with great close bus connections.

I really liked this hostel, especially for the nice evenning barbecues and the very nice staff. . But I would definitely recommend a trip to Boho hostel.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Definitely under the TOP3 out of all the hostels I visited so far!

Boho is probably the best place to stay in Malta. The atmosphere is chilled and relaxed, the staff is amazing. Javier gave me food and changed my life forever with brigadeiros! There's no other place I felt as at home as I did in Boho Hostel!

• 29th Jun 2014

The instruction for how to get to the hostel should be updated and modified.

Lots of reviews put the location down because of the two short but steep hills, in our opinion this did not effect our stay and were never too difficult or taxing even during the mid-day heat or coming home from a few drinks. The location is near several bus stops which take you everywhere and is extremely cheap and easy to use.

• 24th Jun 2014

Boho is a fabulous, social, relaxed place where to stay in Malta: the atmosphere is great: very relaxed, familiar, chilled... absolutely ideal for an island break! The staff is fabulously friendly and helpful: a great hostel under this point of view! The staff is just not someone sitting behind a desk at reception! The location is the only minor down point as it is a bit further away from the main transport arteries in Malta, but that is true of all hostels in the island!

So kind of you to find my phone that was left in the hostel and have it delivered to rotterdam immediately. You are reliable, helpful, and nice.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • China

Basically a big sociable house. Excellent stocked kitchen, chill out lounge, and lots of comfy outdoor seating. Good wifi access - including outside. Great for meeting new people, but also quiet at night. The staff are all really friendly and helpful. Totally recommended - it felt like someone had done a lot of backpacking, and put together the 'best bits' of all the hostels they stayed in, and then made that a home!

This is a very nice hostel!! Maybe the best in Malta. Hostel's staff is very easy and efficient. In this hostel you can make a very nice holiday alone because you can find a very nice people in the hostel from all over the work. The staff also organize a lot of activity to improve your permanence in Malta. Thanks for all Penny, thanks, Alberto

• 12th Jun 2014

This was my first solo traveling trip and my first time in Malta. Boho Hostel was the BEST choice I could of made.The staff are extremely welcoming and friendly.Any questions you have they will answer them or help you find the answers. Boho has great vibes and great people, the fellow travelers are friendly as well and great to talk with. Boho has a large beautiful garden space so there are social setting, or personal gardens to hangout and read. The next time I come to Malta I will be at Boho.

• 4th Jun 2014

This place is magic! Surely it's the best hostel I've ever been to, and I'd totally go back there should I return to Malta next summer. The garden makes it the perfect place to chill (there are also parrots!), and in general the wide rooms and spaces are perfect to know new people. Only note: there is no air conditioning, and my dormitory (and I suppose the others too) tendend to become painfully hot during the night; it's possible to open the windows, but there are mosquitos out there.