Bom Fim Hostel Reviews

Rua Felipe Camarao, 60, Porto Alegre, Brazil

Very nice hostel, I've stayed in a few hostels in Porto Alegre, this one was by far the best.

Uninterested staff. No atmosphere going on. Noise from nextdoor. No electricity in the rooms (extention cords on extention cord etc) All together a bad experience. I checked out and moved to another hostel. The description of the hostel on the main page does not reflect my experience. One positive point...very secure, there are cameras everywhere (Big Brother). And it´s clean...the cleaning lady starts at 7am with lost of enthusiasm. Great if you are a morning person. I will never go back.

Nice hostel, quite large and found it difficult to really meet people, not a lot of atmosphere but is very clean and within walking distance to historical centre.

We booked a double bed private in advance, but the hostel didn't know anything about our booking. Private rooms were full so we were offered an empty six-person dorm at a fair discount. Hostel staff was really friendly in getting us around. Hostel is clean, breakfast was basic. There is also a bar that offers some pizza's at reasonable prices, but didn't try it. City center is a 30 minute walk.

Great staff, great pool, easy to get to everything and nice dorm rooms! One of the best I've stayed in!

I stayed in bom fim hostel for 2 nights. it costs around 10 r$ from the bus terminal. you can get to the centro on foot. it just takes 15~20mins on foot. staffs are really nice and helpful but they don't have proper touristic information like visible map and so on. I saw first time 14 beds dorm there and most of the people were brasilian. it seems there're not many foreigners in that city. breakfast was worst I've ever had in around 8 hostels in brasil, but it's okay though

Amazing location and very helpful staff. It was really great to find a hostel with Air Conditioning during summer peak! Also, the balcony in the top floor is really beaultiful and perfect for meeting people and chating all night long.

The receptionists were a great help. All but one spoke English. They helped us with our immediate travel needs in the city and on. Such a nice people. Breakfast at 7:00AM, just the right time for a tourist and plentiful. A nice, cozy hostel in the old city center of Porto Alegre. The big setback: loud and noisy way past 22:00 hour, way until 1:30AM from guests and Fridays from the bar on the ground floor.

Cleanliness has an awful lot to improve: spiderwebs, muddy bathrooms, mould in some of the rooms. Allergic people should specially avoid this place. Nice staff, helpful and friendly. Wonderful location, in a most charming neighborhood, easy to reach by bus. Lockers are placed in a hall many people walk through, which I do not consider very safe. Poor breakfast, Not good value for money.

This hostel has potential but the service and facilities let it down. When we arrived we were given the wrong room, the wifi is shocking, lacks atmosphere and there are minimal common areas to interact with other travellers. The decor is like dorms in a high school,staff did not recommend or show knowledge of Porto Alegre. The manager however was very helpful and also drove us into town one night.

Great localization, awesome staff. It was great to grab a beer and just enjoy the sunset at the balcony. But the rooms were really small and not that clean.

The location is amazing, walk distance of many good places at Poa. The staff was very helpfull and were always trying to help with something.

View all Porto Alegre Hostels