Bon Paul & Sharky's Hostel

Superb 282 Total Reviews
Superb 282 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 41+
22nd Jul 2017

My 25 yr old daughter and I stayed here before heading home after a camping/paddling trip on the French Broad River. As an older adult, I have been hesitant to to stay in a hostel due to a preference for privacy over savings. Here we had a private room that was light, airy, charming and comfortable. The hostel itself a great funky, eclectic atmosphere. The location is excellent. There are many small shops, bars, and restaurants (and even a retro arcade) within a couple blocks of the hostel.

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Jun 2017

A really great place. A cool vibe and helpful staff. The comfiest hostel bed I've ever stayed in! In fact I would probably say it was comfier than my bed at home! I wished I could have stayed longer to see more of the town.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

Very homey hostel beds are extremely comfortable! Staff are very helpfull

4th Jun 2017

My trip to Asheville would not have been complete without this hostel. It's nestled in West Asheville (which is probably the "weirdest" part of Asheville) with a short bus ride available via public transportation OR Uber/Lyft. I met some awesome people among the guests and staff; we even organized to go to a concert together. Overall, it's an excellent place to stay!

• Cuba, Female, 25-30
3rd Jun 2017

The only thing that I didn't like was the attitude of the employee who received us. In my opinion, he was rude and impolite. The importance of a friendly face and treatment shouldn't be undermined.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
29th May 2017
6.6

No locks on the dorm rooms and back door is often left open so take a padlock for the (small) lockers available! Location is good and they have parking which is a bonus! The breakfast is a banana and coffee! At $30 each a night it's very overpriced (maybe it's due to location) however it's fairly clean and my bed was comfy!! Asheville itself is beautiful and I recommend checking out the blue ridge mountains!!

Sorry to hear that the back door was open. We do try to be very diligent about keeping the building secure. We do have plans to put locks on the dorm doors as well. Breakfast is a simple coffee, tea, toast, fruit, and eggs. We are not a B&B. The $30 includes the tax. Thanks!

• USA, Male, 18-24
19th May 2017

My buddy and I recently stayed here on a birthday weekend, and believe me, it was a genuine blast. The staff there are cool and including as hell and willing to answer any questions you have about downtown AVL or anything like that. Overall, the hostel was clean and accommodating. About a 10 minute drive to get right in the center of downtown AVL; however, within walking distance there are plenty of places to eat, drink, and explore.

• mads587
  • USA, Female, 18-24
16th May 2017
8.0

Colorful, unique hostel situated right in the middle of the quirky town of West Asheville. Great place!

• USA, Female, 41+
13th May 2017
7.7

Inconsiderate women sharing the room made certain my night would not bring much sleep...Quiet 1.5 hrs after 'quiet hours', then disturbances at 12:40 and almost 2 am. My alarm awakened me to find a man sleeping in the women's room. Happily, there was hot water, nice people having breakfast & great eateries, bars nearby. Could be a '9'- push mgmt to enforce rules to improve YOUR stay.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2017
8.0

Lovely characterful hostel with a great Asheville vibe. However along with this it is quite a historic house and doesn't have modern hostel amenities like accessible plugs. Breakfast was disappointing but the location was good for west Asheville and a quick drive to town. Lovely staff, would go back overall.