Bondi Beachouse YHA Reviews

Corner Fletcher and Dellview Street, Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia

It was a pretty good hostel. Old, but has a great view from the upstairs balcony. Wasn't impressed that WiFi isn't included in the price. I would have expected breakfast to be included too. It's not as close to Bondi Beach as I expected. More-so Tamarama and Bronte, but can't really complain. The guys that stayed in my room, 3 of them were trumpet snorers, so over the 4 days, i barely got 1 full-night's sleep. Not the best hostel I've stayed in, not the worst either.

Amazing location with a stellar view of the beach. Just off the main road and has a bus stop right next to it. The main level restroom was a bit gross, but you have to expect such things may be encountered at a hostel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Enjoyed the games and beach gear for hire. Was MUCH quieter than i expected, which was just aces! I will definitely be returning here in the future. Only thing was the power outlets were above the door. Why?!?! It's utterly useless up there

• 20th Nov 2014

Good YHA. But the locker for storing luggage costs me 3 AUD per 6 hours (auto machine). In addition , the locker locates at B1. If you have heavy luggage, this takes some effort. Location is good, taking a walk 10~ 15 mins to Bondi beach. Location is near bus #381 stop, easy to take the bus back to City Center/ Bondi Junction. Check out time is 10AM, backpackers should be aware of that.

Nice hostel, I stayed here with my wife.ba few negatives though; 1. Inside the hostel is a maze, it is so confusing and very hard to find where things are. 2. No FREE internet, obviously very annoying. And 3. No cutlery (I think you can hire) and limited pots/pans in kitchen. I found myself cutting vegetables with a pocket knife, using the same knife as a fork and using a plastic bag as a plate. Shamefully I also drunk my morning tea from a baked bean tin. I lost a part of myself that day. 7/10

Well the staff are friendly which is good. However, the bed and washroom are horrible. The only thing which is good for the bed is that they provide a quite big locker to store stuff, but you have to have your own lock to secure it. My room is quite smelly which i am disappointed. And the toilet....its not clean enough, luckily the hostel provide 24 hours hot water for shower. The location is quite easy to find and walk around10-15 mins to bondi beach.

Had a great stay! Though not impressed with some of the staff... some acted like we were wasting their time. Though some staff were great. Also did not receive my money back for my returned towel.

• 30th Sep 2014

The hostel is great. But even though all my bags were packed in a corner, nothing on bed (early interview)...because I didn't make 10AM checkout as I should've...that I was charged the full next night. I have been to over 100 hostels and there have been several times where I've missed a checkout time unintentionally and the hostel cares for YOU and doesn't charge you extra (& most certainly not a full night when I had to leave anyways). Backpackers are always on tight budgets. Not impressed.