Bondi Beachouse YHA Reviews

Corner Fletcher and Dellview Street, Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia

Very clean, friendly hostel with good facilities. Staff were great. No complaints whatsoever.

The only negative thing about this place is that you had to pay for wifi and it didn't always work. Everything else was great, it was clean, good location and staff were nice

• 17th Mar 2015

If you are unlucky and get a room downstairs next to the court-yard you will have non stop noise until at least 22h00. But other than that, the youthhostel and it's atmosphere is very nice.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Namibia

Nice and quiet neighborhood . Hotel very close to the beach. Cleaning could be better

The cleanest hostel I stayed in in Oz. Very good facilities and rental options. You have to pay for your wifi of course but at least its working not like in other hostels. There are even mirrors in the rooms! Amazing view from the top deck on the coast. 5-10 min walk to Bondi. Supermarkets bit further away.

Over priced. Rude staff. They take your goon

AWESOME LOCATION! Short walk to Bondi Beach and the great surf culture/nightlife there. :)

I could not figure out how there are any bad reviews on this place. So big, clean, welcoming and the roof top view and location is a HUGE cherry on top. We paid for a 6 bed dorm and got put into a 4 bed for no extra charge. Everything was so clean - rooms, bathrooms, etc. I only stayed here two nights and am still kicking myself for not staying longer. Staff were so friendly and helpful, especially Edwin. So great with helping us map out bus routes and finding our way around. DEF WOULD RETURN!!

Staff attitude is kind of "please do not bother me". Its also very annoying the hostel is trying to make money out of everything (selling toothpaste, water, wi fi) Given the price I would expect some all these things to be included

Strange rule with no cutlery, plates, cups in the kitchen but they rent it out. So everybody keeps running around with everything. Washing and drying is ridiculously expensive with 4$ each and washing only 30 min (only 2 machines each). The rooftop terrace is great though and I recommend the coastal walk to Cogee.

Good stay. Extended my stay. Good place to start off at. Great location

The bathrooms and common areas were often dirty. Especially the showers. Incredibly expensive for a hostel for what you get in terms of space, cleanliness and staff. Some of the staff was very polite and very helpful. the manager however was very brash and rude to us twice. At one point we tried to ask a question and she gave us a two work answer and then started speaking over me to ask her employee about a group booking the next day. She seemed to care much more about guests not even there yet.

Hostel location is great. A short walk down the street takes you to the coastal path. If you take that to the left you get to Bondi Beach and if you go to the right you can head to the other beaches along the coast. There are excursions you can book through the hostel with direct pick-up. It gets warm in the rooms especially during the summer and you only have a fan to keep cool. But if you slide the curtains open you get a good breeze in.

Clean rooms and a great rooftop. Liked that you got you'r own plate etc. Staff friendly and beautiful view. Would stay there again if i visit Bondi.

It was a pretty good hostel. Old, but has a great view from the upstairs balcony. Wasn't impressed that WiFi isn't included in the price. I would have expected breakfast to be included too. It's not as close to Bondi Beach as I expected. More-so Tamarama and Bronte, but can't really complain. The guys that stayed in my room, 3 of them were trumpet snorers, so over the 4 days, i barely got 1 full-night's sleep. Not the best hostel I've stayed in, not the worst either.

Amazing location with a stellar view of the beach. Just off the main road and has a bus stop right next to it. The main level restroom was a bit gross, but you have to expect such things may be encountered at a hostel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Enjoyed the games and beach gear for hire. Was MUCH quieter than i expected, which was just aces! I will definitely be returning here in the future. Only thing was the power outlets were above the door. Why?!?! It's utterly useless up there

• 20th Nov 2014

Unfortunately my image of hostels has been tainted by amazing hostels from Europe, so this hostel is a bit of a let down because of that. Upsides - huge kitchen and cooking area, but room (private bunk) was very noisy and very basic - just a bed and a cupboard. The location is great - on a bus route and walking distance to the beach so great hostel anyway.

Good YHA. But the locker for storing luggage costs me 3 AUD per 6 hours (auto machine). In addition , the locker locates at B1. If you have heavy luggage, this takes some effort. Location is good, taking a walk 10~ 15 mins to Bondi beach. Location is near bus #381 stop, easy to take the bus back to City Center/ Bondi Junction. Check out time is 10AM, backpackers should be aware of that.

Nice hostel, I stayed here with my wife.ba few negatives though; 1. Inside the hostel is a maze, it is so confusing and very hard to find where things are. 2. No FREE internet, obviously very annoying. And 3. No cutlery (I think you can hire) and limited pots/pans in kitchen. I found myself cutting vegetables with a pocket knife, using the same knife as a fork and using a plastic bag as a plate. Shamefully I also drunk my morning tea from a baked bean tin. I lost a part of myself that day. 7/10

I was really disappointed by this place. Expensive wifi, one plug in a dormitory of 6 people, having to pay to use a whole cutlery set when I just want a teaspoon to stir my tea. Millions of signs everywhere with rules on them. Feels quite dated and not much of a good social atmosphere. Not close enough to the beach to make up for these points