Bondi Beachouse YHA Reviews

Corner Fletcher and Dellview Street, Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia

Nice hostel, I stayed here with my wife.ba few negatives though; 1. Inside the hostel is a maze, it is so confusing and very hard to find where things are. 2. No FREE internet, obviously very annoying. And 3. No cutlery (I think you can hire) and limited pots/pans in kitchen. I found myself cutting vegetables with a pocket knife, using the same knife as a fork and using a plastic bag as a plate. Shamefully I also drunk my morning tea from a baked bean tin. I lost a part of myself that day. 7/10

Well the staff are friendly which is good. However, the bed and washroom are horrible. The only thing which is good for the bed is that they provide a quite big locker to store stuff, but you have to have your own lock to secure it. My room is quite smelly which i am disappointed. And the toilet....its not clean enough, luckily the hostel provide 24 hours hot water for shower. The location is quite easy to find and walk around10-15 mins to bondi beach.

Had a great stay! Though not impressed with some of the staff... some acted like we were wasting their time. Though some staff were great. Also did not receive my money back for my returned towel.

• 30th Sep 2014

The hostel is great. But even though all my bags were packed in a corner, nothing on bed (early interview)...because I didn't make 10AM checkout as I should've...that I was charged the full next night. I have been to over 100 hostels and there have been several times where I've missed a checkout time unintentionally and the hostel cares for YOU and doesn't charge you extra (& most certainly not a full night when I had to leave anyways). Backpackers are always on tight budgets. Not impressed.

I stayed at a really nice 8 bed dorm with wooden floors and two big windows and spacious lockers. There were only a few showers/toilets on the floor but it wasn't a problem because the hostel was half empty. The kitchen could have had more pans and other kitchen stuff, it is quite small for a big hostel. The staff was nice and helpful. I would absolutely recommend to stay here if you want to stay outside of the city centre.

Had a great time while I stayed here. Great that they had free snorkel gear and fins as well as bodyboards! The stay was comfortable and even after I checked out they had great secure lockers downstairs to leave my bag in while I was at the beach.