Bong House Reviews

1st floor, 117-2, Myeungryun-3ga, Myeungryun-Dong, Jongro-Gu, Seoul, South Korea

A good place to stay.

The first time I visited South Korea I stayed at the Bong House. I am now living in South Korea and have stayed there every time I've gone to Seoul. I've met other people who have stayed there and they have loved it, too.

• 15th Mar 2014

I really love this hostel and the staffs were so helpful. It's hands down the best hostel in Seoul!

This was my first time in Seoul after a few years. Honestly, the hostel was cozy and very friendly. The girl on duty was kind enough to pair me up with other guests to go sight seeing so I wasn't flying solo. For the price, the beds were comfortable and I had a good nights rest. one thing to note is that the bathrooms are prwtty clean, and that's saying a lot for most guesthouses I have been to!

Very good staff especially Layla for waiting for us up to 12 mn! It was a nice and comfortable stay. The only thing I think needs improvement is the water heating system, since it cools up once somebody uses a different bathroom. But overall its homey place and we'll definitely consider staying there again.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Philippines

The loud and obnoxious American/ German girl running the place stayed up and talked to her friend in the communal room till about 1am, about her love life. The walls are thin and everyone had to listen to her bleating on and on. The girl should learn to shut up at a reasonable hour or learn to be professional.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • South Africa

Great location a few streets back from the beach. The private room was immaculate and with great views. The staff were helpfull and friendly. I woudn't hesitate to stay again if I'm in the area.

Lovely staff and friendly place :) Felt very at home, safe and welcome

My second time at Bong House and boy was I dissapointed after such a great experience last stay. Bong Bar has Closed down, such a letdown! worse yet our dingy room smelt terribly of mould and the sink was barely usable as it leaked directly onto the floor, furtthermore our Wifi turnded off 5 times during our stay, staff seemed unconcerned about this. After such a positive experience last time I wil certaintly not stay again!!

This hostel was so awesome, I prolonged my stay there! The staff are incredibly gregarious, friendly and helpful. Whilst Minji took my mate and I out to dinner, Leyla gave me a a crash course in Korean, invited us out to parties with local Koreans, invited us to have tradditional Korean dinners and had even stuck around after work to create an amiable atmosphere. Although the location in Hweywa does mean it takes a while to commute to the buzzing areas, Hweywa has a very homely and cozy feel.

There is no area conducive to meet and interact with other people. I stayed at the basement room which was very dark and the room needed refurbishing.

Thanks Mr Bong and Mindji ! We had a great time in Seoul. Keep up the good work!

Nice place to stay but it takes time to find out the hostel. I will probably stay here again.

My friend and I had a good stay. Location is a bit off the beaten path but it's within easy walking distance of a subway stop and is in a cool university area. We booked a private two-bed room and it was separated from the rest of the hostel which was a surprise but wasn't necessarily bad.

Hostel is so homey, rooms kinda small but not really bad. Breakfast is very basic toast, coffee and tea but that's not relly a big deal. There's hot shower, the place is clean, and the staff is so friendly and nice that they're so patient enough to tell us which places are worth checking out around Seoul. The area is very close to tourist attractions, and added bonus are the string of nice and cozy cafes, restaurants and stores around.

Great hostel, with very friendly staff, excellent location, heaps of cheap bars, coffee shops, night clubs and restaurants close by. Five minute work to the subway station, three minutes to the airport bus stop. I have a private room, large double bed, fantastic heating and wide screen TV, excellent value at $50 Aust. per night. The room was in separate area, away from the main hostel accommodation, which was great for me, but may not suit people who want to mix with other backpackers.