Bong House Reviews

1st floor, 117-2, Myeungryun-3ga, Myeungryun-Dong, Jongro-Gu, Seoul, South Korea

Not the worst hostel, but our experience was not great. They got our room wrong then asked us to pay more, before realising their mistake, then in the morning they were having a re-modelling of their kitchen so we were woken by loud noises. Also the shower/toilet/sink is in the same 2m X 2m room which the lady called "standard". It was not standard and I would be unlikely to stay there again. The location is very good though

A++; excellent value. I have been to this hostel several times over the years, and have always been very satisfied. I strongly recommend it.

We loved Minji who was very kind and nice to us. Thanks to the friendly people at Bong House, we had a great time:)

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Staff were nice an helpful. Place could be cleaner and bathrooms updated

first ever stay in a hostel, absolutely loved it, I took a private room and it was amazing, just a matress on the floor and a window but it really was amazing. Staff were very friendly and the people I met there were outgoing and good fun

I have stayed in many hostels in Seoul in the last 8 months and of all the private quarters I've booked (taken to mean either as single or twin room), this is the one I liked the most. Save for the lack of tv (even the old box type would be fine for me) which is really more of an amenity than a necessity, it was all in all a very pleasant stay. If the guesthouse's single private room were just a little bit more cheap and the opportunity presents itself, I would love to stay here again.

The shower/toilet situation was really not ideal (showering almost on top of the toilet, making everything wet and smelling bad), though that might be the norm in Seoul. Very hard mattresses. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and helpful, though, and the area around it has a lot of restaurants and bars and interesting things.

I spent a wonderful few days staying in a 4 bed dorm. It was pleasant and relaxing. The hostel is in a wonderful location with cheap restaurants and pubs practically next door, but you can also cook your own food if you want to. Nice.

I had the best time ever at Bong House! It's my second visit there and I love it more this time. The staff was awesome ! They really do their best to help everybody. It's 100% sure that next time I'll go in Korea... Bong House would be my place! can't wait to go back!

I hope the pillows are much bigger

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Philippines

the staff was nice and fine but the place was just so dirty. we are expected to take our shoes off but the floors were filthy. i mean for the price it was fine but honestly i couldn't wait to leave. i have stayed in other hotels in seoul and by far this was the worst one. location was great and easy to get to but it was jsut so dirty

Best Hostel in Seoul so far.

• 14th Apr 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Located in a vibrant district. Spacious room. Great place overall.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

A good place to stay.

The best thing about Bong House was the atmosphere created by the staff. Layla went over and above to give us a true experience of Seoul. Recommending good restaurants, nightspots, and even taking us out to meet local people and go on a night out. She made sure everyone felt welcome and that everyone was having a good time. I could not recommend Bong House highly enough, purely on the commitment and enthusiasm of the staff.

The first time I visited South Korea I stayed at the Bong House. I am now living in South Korea and have stayed there every time I've gone to Seoul. I've met other people who have stayed there and they have loved it, too.