Bonsai Guest House Reviews

1-4-13 Momodani, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

We were a bit disappointed when we arrived. the dorms were really crowded as was the whole hostel, there were no locks on the rooms (only central lockers in the common room) and the kitchen was tiny. But the place grew on us! Great location. Really central. Lovely helpful staff. I didn't like all the rules though- only one shower you could use any time of day. And you weren't allowed to use the hairdryers between 12-8am which sucks when you have long hair.

Small house no more than 100 steps from train platform to room. Great people and beautiful mural on the stairs as you walk up.

It's a good hostel right next to a train station. My only complaint would be that the receptions had no idea where I could find parking. (The lost nearby was full.) But since most travelers in Japan do not drive, this should not bother anyone. (Actually, even if you do drive, this would be just a minor annoyance. There is a park nearby and a lot next to the park with 700JYN/Day parking. We found by just driving around the neighborhood.)

private twin had a very big bed below with toilets and showers immediately outside the room. very clean and big warm shower rooms, 100 steps to hostel from momodani station is correct. convenience stores, a deli, 100¥ shop just outside. downside is no central heating in corridors and tap water is really cold in winter

Really good. Staff really welcoming. The bath facilities were great, especially after a long day walking between attractions. The beds were comfortable, really useful having a table right next to the bed. Each guest in the dorm room is given a locker that is a good size and really made me feel safer about leaving my bags during the day. Would highly recommend.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

this is a very tidy and clean hostel, have good staff and good facitilies.

Staff are very nice and friendly. And just a few walk from station.

I visited Japan for a vacation with my family and I am absolutely thrilled and satisfied by the friendliness, hospitality, and conscientiousness shown by Marii-san and Megumi-san. The hostel is clean and secure, located conveniently next to the station and the atmosphere is very welcoming. I look forward to returning here again next time. Arigatou gozaimasu!

So easy to get around city with JR Line a minute away. Convenient store and a few places to eat very close. Clean, friendly staff. I would definitely stay there again.

I love staying at Bonsai Guesthouse every time I am in Osaka. There is a great vibe and the owners are present taking care of the details. Super easy to get from Momodani station.

Great location, Lovely staff. I definitely recomend to my friend.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Lovely small modern hostel, but not as small as you might think. There's a nice big lounge with some sort of library, the toilets and bathrooms are nice, soap and shampoo for free! No curfew is also a plus. The only downside is the size of the room, a little bit too small for three persons, but hey it's Japan, what do you expect?

Bonsai Guest House is a great value-for-money guesthouse in Osaka. It is clean, safe, and relatively well-located. Staff are also extremely helpful. My only qualm was that there are no showers located on the second floor.

The hostel was in a very convenient location. The station is only a min away by foot. The staff was friendly and spoke English. My only gripe was that they only had one sink for one room. However, it was clean and quite at night. Great value for what you pay for.

• 31st Oct 2014

Rooms were basic, walls were dirty. Public sinks were never cleaned in 8 days. Floors were dusty in all the structure. Very cheap atmosphere. Staff wasn't really welcoming. Wouldn't reccomend it.

• 22nd Oct 2014

I'm quite satisfied with the location, staff, facilities of Bonsai GuestHouse. Everything was okay besides the bunk bed which creates noises everytime you move on bed. So, it may disturbs other guests while sleeping. Overall, I kinda love the place and I would recommend to my friends if they happen to visit Osaka.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Amazing location! Can just get on the Osaka loop line with your JR pass and never pay for transit! Staff is super friendly! Very intimate common room makes it super easy to meet other people!

There are no lockers inside the room, but is available outside (in front of the desk). The location is not so good, the hostel is near from the JR station (2 minutes walk), but far away from the most important tourist points in Osaka. The atmosphere is good and I made some good friends there. The washroom is on the first floor, but the rooms are on the second (weird!). The hostel is clean and cheap. The bed is not so good, when you move, seems like the bed will break up! Good staff.

Great place love the bonsai garden!! ON THE ROOF!

• 10th Oct 2014

This place is not on the Osaka subway line, but on the JR loop line. So not as convenient It is a bit smaller than I expected. The toilet is not as clean as other places I stayed in Japan. But with the price, still not bad. Staff is friendly.