Bonsai Guest House Reviews

1-4-13 Momodani, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

It was very, very clean and had great facilities, especially for the price. The staff were very welcoming and spoke great English. It is very close to the loopline station. If you are planning to take the subway around Osaka, you will have to transfer, but it is not a difficult transfer so it was still very convenient. I would stay here again.

The staff were kind, polite and spoke great English. I felt really welcomed even though I only stayed for one night.

• 15th Feb 2015

In a very good location, staff are very friendly and can help you. Hostel isn't huge only 2 stories.

Stuff are very friendly and room is also clean. The best part is that Bonsai really close to the subway. There some shops nearby, it's very convenient.

Charming, quiet area, simple and clean with friendly staff and a nice common room stocked with books including travel guides if you need 'em. Didn't actually make it up to see the bonsai garden as it was our first stop in Japan and we spent most of the time out and about, so can't comment on that. Thanks!

We were a bit disappointed when we arrived. the dorms were really crowded as was the whole hostel, there were no locks on the rooms (only central lockers in the common room) and the kitchen was tiny. But the place grew on us! Great location. Really central. Lovely helpful staff. I didn't like all the rules though- only one shower you could use any time of day. And you weren't allowed to use the hairdryers between 12-8am which sucks when you have long hair.

Small house no more than 100 steps from train platform to room. Great people and beautiful mural on the stairs as you walk up.

It's a good hostel right next to a train station. My only complaint would be that the receptions had no idea where I could find parking. (The lost nearby was full.) But since most travelers in Japan do not drive, this should not bother anyone. (Actually, even if you do drive, this would be just a minor annoyance. There is a park nearby and a lot next to the park with 700JYN/Day parking. We found by just driving around the neighborhood.)

private twin had a very big bed below with toilets and showers immediately outside the room. very clean and big warm shower rooms, 100 steps to hostel from momodani station is correct. convenience stores, a deli, 100¥ shop just outside. downside is no central heating in corridors and tap water is really cold in winter

Really good. Staff really welcoming. The bath facilities were great, especially after a long day walking between attractions. The beds were comfortable, really useful having a table right next to the bed. Each guest in the dorm room is given a locker that is a good size and really made me feel safer about leaving my bags during the day. Would highly recommend.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

this is a very tidy and clean hostel, have good staff and good facitilies.

Staff are very nice and friendly. And just a few walk from station.

I visited Japan for a vacation with my family and I am absolutely thrilled and satisfied by the friendliness, hospitality, and conscientiousness shown by Marii-san and Megumi-san. The hostel is clean and secure, located conveniently next to the station and the atmosphere is very welcoming. I look forward to returning here again next time. Arigatou gozaimasu!

So easy to get around city with JR Line a minute away. Convenient store and a few places to eat very close. Clean, friendly staff. I would definitely stay there again.

I love staying at Bonsai Guesthouse every time I am in Osaka. There is a great vibe and the owners are present taking care of the details. Super easy to get from Momodani station.

Great location, Lovely staff. I definitely recomend to my friend.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Lovely small modern hostel, but not as small as you might think. There's a nice big lounge with some sort of library, the toilets and bathrooms are nice, soap and shampoo for free! No curfew is also a plus. The only downside is the size of the room, a little bit too small for three persons, but hey it's Japan, what do you expect?

Bonsai Guest House is a great value-for-money guesthouse in Osaka. It is clean, safe, and relatively well-located. Staff are also extremely helpful. My only qualm was that there are no showers located on the second floor.

The hostel was in a very convenient location. The station is only a min away by foot. The staff was friendly and spoke English. My only gripe was that they only had one sink for one room. However, it was clean and quite at night. Great value for what you pay for.

• 31st Oct 2014

Rooms were basic, walls were dirty. Public sinks were never cleaned in 8 days. Floors were dusty in all the structure. Very cheap atmosphere. Staff wasn't really welcoming. Wouldn't reccomend it.

• 22nd Oct 2014