Bonsai Guest House Reviews

1-4-13 Momodani, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

Best localization ever. Nive and confortable hostel with very friendly and helpful staff.

A nice hostel. Is far away from the main attractions of Osaka, although very close to a train station. They do have security lockers, but no monitored storage for your larger suitcase/backpack. A small but atmospheric common room.

Excellent place!! The owner is very kind and even gave us some suggestions to other towns around Kanazawa. The facilities were neat and clean, excellent guest house!!!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Ecuador

Really great stay here. The hostel was a one minute walk from a JR station, which was great, but a little out of the way. Really great staff, beautiful bonsai collection, clean, good beds, great internet, spacious! Loved it

Rooms are cramp. Mattresses were placed on the floor instead of beds which makes it less hygienic. Also, the walls are thin so you can hear people talking and using the toilet outside.

This was a nice hostel in an area with a few different restaurants. The bunk beds were incredibly shaky and slightly uncomfortable.

Staff was great and super helpful. Showers, dorm and common are were all clean. The hostel is really quiet as Momodoni is a little on the outskirts. Plus side is the hostel is literally right around the corner from the JR station.

Friendly staff, convenient location

Less than 5 min walk from JR station and surrounding with convenience shop & reasonable price restaurants. Room crowded with 6 metal double bunk beds but love the kitchen facilities & common room. Good for a night before you get into the return flight.

It was my second time there, I still liked it!

Good hospitality and good location near a JR station. As a suggestion for the hostel, this was the only hostel-type facility that we visited that did not at least provide an option for use of towels (for a small fee). Our stay there was the only place we needed to use the towels we brought -- during a 3 week period. This is not a criticism, but just a suggestion that might be appreciated by other guests in the future.

• 11th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Really considerate and nice staff

We stayed at Bonsai guesthouse as a couple in a nice private room which had a double bunk bed and it was nice and comfortable. The staff here were very fun and were always happy to help and willingly to share their sightseeing advice, especially Megumi who even took us out to karaoke on her night off. Location is super convenient too especially since we held a JR pass, the train is 80m walk away. I'd recommend Bonsai guesthouse to anyone. Hope you are well Megumi, thanks again :)

• 19th Apr 2014

kindly staff, clean room, and excellent location.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Nice to stay at Bonsai overall, the staff is very helpful and location is just perfect very near to JR station. The common room is also nice, but bed in dormitory with 6 bed is too narrow.

This is a regular hostel! No negative points about it. Positive would be that they have duvets and night lamps for each bed.

This is one of the loveliest hostel I've ever stayed. It's not too big, but small enough to be comfortable and pleasant. My heartfelt gratitude to both Megumi-san and Yuki-san who have been so friendly and helpful during my stay in Japan. Thank you for the hospitality, the friendly advice, and your friendship! Keep up the good work and I'll be sure to return the next time I'm back in Osaka!

Location was perfect! Guest House owners were friendly too. Room was clean. Bathrooms and Toilets were clean too. They have this subway map which was perfect, I took it with me and use it for the rest of my trip, was very helpful!! Will stay again :)

due to flight delay and traffice accident, our check-in time is after 11 in the night. Thanks for the host still awake and anwser my ring. ^_^

The lack of a suitable number of showers (shared) was a bit of a problem for me, but the place was tidy and appeared secure and close to the train station. You get the option of wearing hakatas used mainly for the bathhouse at the hotel! Overall, i would go back.