Bonsai Guest House Reviews

1-4-13 Momodani, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

Friendly staff, clean, great location. A1

• 8th Feb 2016

This was a pretty standard Hostel. This place is good for a 1 night stay in the city but I wouldn't stay long term. It was clean enough and the staff were very friendly. It was February and the rooms were very cold although they do give you a very warm duvet to cover up with so sleeping was fine. It's very easy to find from the momondani station.

Loved staying here! Hospitable staff, beautifully comfortable rooms, and a great location. Its right next to a train station on the loop line, this means easy access to anywhere you need to go. The neighborhood around it has got a couple great little cafes and resaraunts as well.

Nice hostel to stay at in Osaka

Quiet little hostel. It's in a nice residential area but the JR line is really close by so it's easy to reach everything. The staff were adorable and very helpful, giving us the perfect welcome to Japan!

I was so amazed by Bonzai Guesthouse when I arrived there, Staff were helpful and the guesthouse was clean and quiet. Excellent place for backpacker stay.

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

The staff really make this hostel. They are friendly, super helpful and quite accomodating. One of them even helped me do my laundry and let me hang it on the porch overnight. The hostel is family owned and quite quiet, which was a really nice change of pace. A great small hostel. On the downside the hostel is very drafty. If you are visiting during the winter it might be a good idea to bring a robe or something. I found the room was quite warm, but the walk to the shower could be freezing.

Cool place. Easy to access and near food from the Momodani station on he Osaka Loop. Really cool staff and happy to chat and help out when they can.

Need a couch and need to put the TV back

I liked this hostel very much. Location is very convenient and the staff is helpful and nice. Would choose it again when going back to Osaka.

• 28th Dec 2015

I travelled with a female friend. Location was very convenient. 2 minutes walk from Momodani Station (JR). Generally, there was only one or two staff member who would run the hostel from the help desk/common area. The atmosphere was excellent with a truly homely feeling, which is my preference. The only real complaint I have is that there was barely any space to put our luggage in the 6-person dorm which was something of an inconvenience. The hostel Wi-Fi was pretty good.

Really lovely and kind staff. So easy to get to and from. Was perfect for what we needed, we stayed one night whilst visiting a friend so we didn't spend much time in the hostel. From what we did experience it was great, very clean.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Right next to the station!

Amazing place! Megumi was so nice!

• Malaysia

Very friendly atmosphere and staff

Great experience

• 17th Dec 2015

Very solid hostel. Clean and fairly nice rooms with curtains, sockets, lights. The neighbourhood is a brisk 10min walk to some of the action. Found it had main to families cooking dinner and what not. Certainly didn't attract a social crowd.

The stay is awesome & friendly reception.... Although we are not in the hostel most of the time but they are helpful to direct us...

Great little hostel, could not recommend more highly.

Great hostel, and great location!

• 1st Dec 2015