Bonsai Guest House Reviews

1-4-13 Momodani, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

The hostel was clean and a good place to come home to each night. The bathrooms were good and plenty of power points. Only downside was that there wasnt much of a common area for getting to know other guests. There was a kitchen overlooking a dinning table in the room with reception. Not too much of an issue and wouldn't prevent me from staying again, but just something to keep on mind if you're looking to meet people.

• 13th May 2015

I liked the place but the shower rule was not being protectee.. i think it would havr been better to set last time at 12:30 so that noone tries to sneak into downstairs shower at 2am

• 7th May 2015

I really had a great time! Its located near the station, perfect for a visitor with a JRPass and lots of restaurants and shops nearby. The staffs are helpful and super sweet. The place is kept clean. Really great value, i'll recommand it to my friends!

Bonsai Guesthouse was fantastic! Small hostel, with plenty of space, right next to the train station, you have access to all of Osaka from there. Really enjoyed my stay.

Great hostel with comfortable beds and friendly staff Would highly recommend this hostel and wouldn't hesitate to return.

Nicely located, right next to the train station and within a station away from the city circle. Excellent staffs, very helpful!

Overall we were disappointed with how dirty things felt over a week's stay. Smelly bathrooms and showers, and a lot of noise in the hallways that echoed everywhere late night. We could literally hear people throwing up and going to the bathroom. It's well known the people in your immediate area make or break a stay, so perhaps we just came through with a bummer crowd, but we hoped for nicer accommodations. That being said, the location is great right at Momodani—a huge perk.

Nice hostel, very good location just next to a station which is so handy. Liked the staff, they were very nice. Didn't love the room that much (we couldn't look outside) but it was allright. All the facilities were there, value for your money, we had a nice stayAnd the atmosphere was ok but I would recommand to change the lounge a bit to make it more comfy and relaxing! For example a couch and more little tables instead of one big table. Now it's not really inviting to sit there, sorry!

Should have hot water from the common sink.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Perfect for what we needed and ideally located next to the station. Was a little tricky to find the first time, but after that was a doddle. Good value for money. It's a nice little hostel - not a hotel - so gave us a roof, a bed, hot showers and all the help we could want. Even laundry - which is washed and dried for ¥500. The staff were especially helpful when I was expecting some important post regarding our car hire. Good value!

• 29th Mar 2015

It's one of the worst hostel we have book in our 15 days trip. The towels smell bad, the room was very small. There isn't enoguh space for 6 person's luggage. And our room wasn't totally separated from the next one, they were connected through the window! Lockers are in the 2nd floor, there isn't any at our floor; that is very unconfortable. There were 6 rooms, and just 2 showers and 2 restrooms. It's too near to the train station, you can ear trains arriving.

Awesome hostel, like most in Japan. Clean, comfortable and welcoming. The common area is especially great in this hostel and we made many new friends, so would be great for a solo traveller. The staff were very friendly and helpful and more than happy to suggest places to go/eat if you are unsure. Location is right in the centre but the loop train is only a 1 minute walk away. The only downside for us was that our room was the bottom corner dorm and felt a bit damp, but a very minor issue.

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights. The staff was friendly and allowed us to check in past regular check in time, though I did e-mail ahead of time to ask if it was okay. The location is great because it is a busy area, but not the busiest place in Osaka, so it isn't crazy. You can reach anyplace in the city from the subway or JR loop line. The hostel is not exaggerating that they are very very near the JR loop line Momodani station. The room is quite small, but adequate.

I'll be back 👍

Nice location within 2 mins walk from Momodani Station and nice stuffs speaking English and always helpful!

I really like this hostel. Of all the hotels and hostels i have gone to in japan, this was the best. I really liked the atmosphere and the staff, especially the one who look after me, told me all the famous places to go to and also where to eat and how to take the train to the airport. If i travel myself again sometime in the fuure i will definately go here again. Highly recommended.

• 25th Feb 2015

Was a little bit older and certainly had a lived in feel. But the staff were super helpful and it is right near the Osaka loop line, which is very accessible to all areas of Osaka. I recommend staying here.

It was very, very clean and had great facilities, especially for the price. The staff were very welcoming and spoke great English. It is very close to the loopline station. If you are planning to take the subway around Osaka, you will have to transfer, but it is not a difficult transfer so it was still very convenient. I would stay here again.

The staff were kind, polite and spoke great English. I felt really welcomed even though I only stayed for one night.

In a very good location, staff are very friendly and can help you. Hostel isn't huge only 2 stories.