Bonsai Guest House Reviews

1-4-13 Momodani, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

Nice hostel, very good location just next to a station which is so handy. Liked the staff, they were very nice. Didn't love the room that much (we couldn't look outside) but it was allright. All the facilities were there, value for your money, we had a nice stayAnd the atmosphere was ok but I would recommand to change the lounge a bit to make it more comfy and relaxing! For example a couch and more little tables instead of one big table. Now it's not really inviting to sit there, sorry!

Should have hot water from the common sink.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

It's one of the worst hostel we have book in our 15 days trip. The towels smell bad, the room was very small. There isn't enoguh space for 6 person's luggage. And our room wasn't totally separated from the next one, they were connected through the window! Lockers are in the 2nd floor, there isn't any at our floor; that is very unconfortable. There were 6 rooms, and just 2 showers and 2 restrooms. It's too near to the train station, you can ear trains arriving.

Awesome hostel, like most in Japan. Clean, comfortable and welcoming. The common area is especially great in this hostel and we made many new friends, so would be great for a solo traveller. The staff were very friendly and helpful and more than happy to suggest places to go/eat if you are unsure. Location is right in the centre but the loop train is only a 1 minute walk away. The only downside for us was that our room was the bottom corner dorm and felt a bit damp, but a very minor issue.

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights. The staff was friendly and allowed us to check in past regular check in time, though I did e-mail ahead of time to ask if it was okay. The location is great because it is a busy area, but not the busiest place in Osaka, so it isn't crazy. You can reach anyplace in the city from the subway or JR loop line. The hostel is not exaggerating that they are very very near the JR loop line Momodani station. The room is quite small, but adequate.

I'll be back 👍

Nice location within 2 mins walk from Momodani Station and nice stuffs speaking English and always helpful!

I really like this hostel. Of all the hotels and hostels i have gone to in japan, this was the best. I really liked the atmosphere and the staff, especially the one who look after me, told me all the famous places to go to and also where to eat and how to take the train to the airport. If i travel myself again sometime in the fuure i will definately go here again. Highly recommended.

• 25th Feb 2015

Was a little bit older and certainly had a lived in feel. But the staff were super helpful and it is right near the Osaka loop line, which is very accessible to all areas of Osaka. I recommend staying here.

It was very, very clean and had great facilities, especially for the price. The staff were very welcoming and spoke great English. It is very close to the loopline station. If you are planning to take the subway around Osaka, you will have to transfer, but it is not a difficult transfer so it was still very convenient. I would stay here again.

The staff were kind, polite and spoke great English. I felt really welcomed even though I only stayed for one night.

• 15th Feb 2015

In a very good location, staff are very friendly and can help you. Hostel isn't huge only 2 stories.

Stuff are very friendly and room is also clean. The best part is that Bonsai really close to the subway. There some shops nearby, it's very convenient.

Charming, quiet area, simple and clean with friendly staff and a nice common room stocked with books including travel guides if you need 'em. Didn't actually make it up to see the bonsai garden as it was our first stop in Japan and we spent most of the time out and about, so can't comment on that. Thanks!

We were a bit disappointed when we arrived. the dorms were really crowded as was the whole hostel, there were no locks on the rooms (only central lockers in the common room) and the kitchen was tiny. But the place grew on us! Great location. Really central. Lovely helpful staff. I didn't like all the rules though- only one shower you could use any time of day. And you weren't allowed to use the hairdryers between 12-8am which sucks when you have long hair.

Small house no more than 100 steps from train platform to room. Great people and beautiful mural on the stairs as you walk up.

It's a good hostel right next to a train station. My only complaint would be that the receptions had no idea where I could find parking. (The lost nearby was full.) But since most travelers in Japan do not drive, this should not bother anyone. (Actually, even if you do drive, this would be just a minor annoyance. There is a park nearby and a lot next to the park with 700JYN/Day parking. We found by just driving around the neighborhood.)

private twin had a very big bed below with toilets and showers immediately outside the room. very clean and big warm shower rooms, 100 steps to hostel from momodani station is correct. convenience stores, a deli, 100¥ shop just outside. downside is no central heating in corridors and tap water is really cold in winter

Really good. Staff really welcoming. The bath facilities were great, especially after a long day walking between attractions. The beds were comfortable, really useful having a table right next to the bed. Each guest in the dorm room is given a locker that is a good size and really made me feel safer about leaving my bags during the day. Would highly recommend.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

this is a very tidy and clean hostel, have good staff and good facitilies.