Bonsai Guest House Reviews

1-4-13 Momodani, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

Really good. Staff really welcoming. The bath facilities were great, especially after a long day walking between attractions. The beds were comfortable, really useful having a table right next to the bed. Each guest in the dorm room is given a locker that is a good size and really made me feel safer about leaving my bags during the day. Would highly recommend.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

this is a very tidy and clean hostel, have good staff and good facitilies.

Staff are very nice and friendly. And just a few walk from station.

So easy to get around city with JR Line a minute away. Convenient store and a few places to eat very close. Clean, friendly staff. I would definitely stay there again.

I love staying at Bonsai Guesthouse every time I am in Osaka. There is a great vibe and the owners are present taking care of the details. Super easy to get from Momodani station.

Great location, Lovely staff. I definitely recomend to my friend.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Lovely small modern hostel, but not as small as you might think. There's a nice big lounge with some sort of library, the toilets and bathrooms are nice, soap and shampoo for free! No curfew is also a plus. The only downside is the size of the room, a little bit too small for three persons, but hey it's Japan, what do you expect?

Bonsai Guest House is a great value-for-money guesthouse in Osaka. It is clean, safe, and relatively well-located. Staff are also extremely helpful. My only qualm was that there are no showers located on the second floor.

The hostel was in a very convenient location. The station is only a min away by foot. The staff was friendly and spoke English. My only gripe was that they only had one sink for one room. However, it was clean and quite at night. Great value for what you pay for.

• 31st Oct 2014

Rooms were basic, walls were dirty. Public sinks were never cleaned in 8 days. Floors were dusty in all the structure. Very cheap atmosphere. Staff wasn't really welcoming. Wouldn't reccomend it.

• 22nd Oct 2014

I'm quite satisfied with the location, staff, facilities of Bonsai GuestHouse. Everything was okay besides the bunk bed which creates noises everytime you move on bed. So, it may disturbs other guests while sleeping. Overall, I kinda love the place and I would recommend to my friends if they happen to visit Osaka.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Amazing location! Can just get on the Osaka loop line with your JR pass and never pay for transit! Staff is super friendly! Very intimate common room makes it super easy to meet other people!

There are no lockers inside the room, but is available outside (in front of the desk). The location is not so good, the hostel is near from the JR station (2 minutes walk), but far away from the most important tourist points in Osaka. The atmosphere is good and I made some good friends there. The washroom is on the first floor, but the rooms are on the second (weird!). The hostel is clean and cheap. The bed is not so good, when you move, seems like the bed will break up! Good staff.

Great place love the bonsai garden!! ON THE ROOF!

• 10th Oct 2014

This place is not on the Osaka subway line, but on the JR loop line. So not as convenient It is a bit smaller than I expected. The toilet is not as clean as other places I stayed in Japan. But with the price, still not bad. Staff is friendly.

convenient location right next to the station, and couldn't even hear train noise! Some local food shops/restaurants, however all touristy things are a train ride away and would have been nicer to be walking distance from something.

Great guesthouse if you plan to explore Osaka for a few days. The people were really helpful and friendly, giving me many advices about how to move around and best places to see. There is a very good atmosphere at the lounge, where you relax after a tiring day going from here to there in the city. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Great location, helpful staff, and awesome value! Location is great next to Momodani metro station, which is easy access to Osaka JR and Kansai airport. Staff were very helpful in showing me how to get to tourist sites and restaurants. Best value hostel out of many locations I stayed throughout various cities in Japan.

Only downside about this place was that it was a bit quite. Apart from that, a good hostel with friendly staff.

I really like this hostel. The staff are fantastic, the location is great and it fit my budget perfectly.