Bonsai Guest House Reviews

1-4-13 Momodani, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

kindly staff, clean room, and excellent location.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Nice to stay at Bonsai overall, the staff is very helpful and location is just perfect very near to JR station. The common room is also nice, but bed in dormitory with 6 bed is too narrow.

This is a regular hostel! No negative points about it. Positive would be that they have duvets and night lamps for each bed.

This is one of the loveliest hostel I've ever stayed. It's not too big, but small enough to be comfortable and pleasant. My heartfelt gratitude to both Megumi-san and Yuki-san who have been so friendly and helpful during my stay in Japan. Thank you for the hospitality, the friendly advice, and your friendship! Keep up the good work and I'll be sure to return the next time I'm back in Osaka!

Location was perfect! Guest House owners were friendly too. Room was clean. Bathrooms and Toilets were clean too. They have this subway map which was perfect, I took it with me and use it for the rest of my trip, was very helpful!! Will stay again :)

due to flight delay and traffice accident, our check-in time is after 11 in the night. Thanks for the host still awake and anwser my ring. ^_^

The lack of a suitable number of showers (shared) was a bit of a problem for me, but the place was tidy and appeared secure and close to the train station. You get the option of wearing hakatas used mainly for the bathhouse at the hotel! Overall, i would go back.

• 31st Mar 2014

The location is excellent, literally 100 steps walking from momodani JR station. No need to worry for long walking after chilling out with Osaka. The room and facility are decent. Consider to stay again in this hostel someday if I travel again to Osaka

Very close to the momodani station which made it very convenient to get to. Dorms are a bit small compared to the norm, but the lounge space is nice and comfortable.

The location is right next to a station so it's pretty much perfect. There are shops nearby as well for when we needed something to eat during the night. The staff were very friendly and so were the other people that stayed there.

It'd be good if there's hot water in the sink too. :)

A million thanks to all the friendly staffs that helped & chatted with me.

Second time we have stayed here. Location is literally 1 min walk from the station which is great. Showers and toilets are VERY clean! Great price for an actual queen sized bed compared to many of the other hostels in Osaka advertising king singles for couples. Only thing I don't like is the number of little rules posted up on the walls around the hostel. Maybe they could be re-worded to sound less negative and strict!

Stayed here one night. Excellent location right on a JR line but other than that it left a lot to be decided. I was in the room next to the kitchen and the walls did nothing to stop the noise. Not the best beds. Kitchen looked well equipped for cooking your own food though.

Loved this hostel! Fantastic location, not even two minutes from a JR station and the staff were fantastic!!! One of the workers kept check in open for us for THREE additional hours since our flight into Osaka was so late. She checked us in at midnight, then still took the time to highlight my map for the following day. They also allowed me to use their phone for a very long time, as I played phone tag with the airline who lost my suitcase. The kitchen is very nice, and the garden is beautiful!

A great hostel. We spent our first night in Japan here and loved it. Right next to the train station so it was supper easy to find as well as leave from for a day of exploring. Tonnes of restaurants around as well as convenience stores. Very quiet to spite being so close to the track. Free WiFi which was nice and fast as well. The twin private room comes with nothing more than a bunk bed and aircon (what more do you need). Showers and toilets are in the hall outside - all works fine and clean.

The hostel was really nice. In a great location which is so easy to find from the airport. I went in the winter but the down duvets and heating were great. It felt really homely.

Staff was friendly, convenient location really close to train station. Clean.

This is my favorite hostel! Very clean, very friendly staff, and very close to the station! Definitely a recommendation! ;)

REALLY close to station, but if you get private rooms below you hardly hear the trains, great staff n people that run it, very helpful w recommendations n where to go. Would live here if possible.