Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Always a fun place to stay with a great breakfast

Felipe made us feel welcome immediately as we walked through the door. We stayed in a spacious 10 bed dorm room which had good locking facilities for your things and clean bed linen. The atmosphere during the day is chilled and the outside seating area is a good place to made friends. The atmosphere at night is lively with the happy hour bar running from 7pm-11pm. We had a great time at books and are planning on returning. We have recommended books hostel to fellow travellers visiting Rio.

Great hostel. El captain took us to a football game ( hope you got the ten Rial you lent me back?), organised a party in the flavella etc. Awesome time!

Great hostel. Good atmosphere. Felipe is a great guy.

Book's Hostel will stay the BEST hostel in RIO! We were Tree french girl , and we passed twice time in 2 months of travel in Brasil it was AWESOME. The Staff and the ambiance was very good Every night you can have fun in Rio and the rooms are very cool but if you want to sleep it's not possible :) KISS to the staff ;)

• 11th Aug 2015

I had a fantastic time here, the staff were great and the atmosphere was excellent. Definitely recommend!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Great place to stay and party in Rio - cheap but still a good and clean hostel. Staff where friendly but perhaps not all the most knowledgeable about the city

After staying at wild rover in bolivia and mill house in buenos aires i had high expectations for the staff. Some were nice but the others were just rude and so up themselves (aussie guy Jarryd)!!! hostels are meant to be social and fun and people just cliqued up- especially the staff.. they should have been more friendly. location is amazing but when the bar closes they should organise transport to the club better.

Very nice party hostel

Great hostel if you are in your early 20s and love to party. Im not so I didnt get the best experience. Average breakfast, really clean facilities, nice and helpfull staff. Not in the best location A little bit expensive.

AMAAAAZZIIINGGG! From Bruno's kind greeting and helpful information to Maude's amazing caipirinhas and bartending service. Breakfast was awesome, bar was awesome. There are a lot of bathrooms which are cleaned daily, bed sheets were provided, great environment, awesome music. The staff were not only there to help but to chat and become good friends. Books really set the bar for all my other hostel experiences. It was truly amazing and I thank you all for making it all possible. Coming back!

Fun hostel for a young solo traveller looking to meet people. Not the place to stay if you're looking for quiet or want to relax. Good location for Lapa nightlife. Great happy hour drink deals starting at 7pm everyday. Extremely helpful staff that can share the best attractions and options to get there. I stayed six nights--perfect for what I was looking for.

If you want a party hostel with fun people, staff and a friendly atmosphere, look no further. Lapa is a cool area in Rio, and it's not too much of a trek to get to the beach if you're ok with a subway or bus ride. The dorms could use an upgrade with new sheets, mattresses and bathrooms could be a little cleaner, but no surprises for this kind of hostel. Had a lot more fun here than another place I stayed in near copa beach.

Really loved this hostel. It had great people and a nice party atmosphere

Estuve un fin de semana y Sencillamente fue un lugar increíble música ambiente tragos etc perfecto para darle inicio a la vida nocturna en lapa... Y por supuesto está muy cerca de algunos sitios turísticos en río....

Amazing time a books, great place to start my trip!

I had a great stay here. The atmosphere was excellent and we'll facilitated by the staff. Very much a party hostel!

• 30th Jun 2015

If u wanna party youve got the right place,happy hour rules -2 caprinyas for 6 real bargin!! Staff r cool too

pERFECT PLACE FOR PARTYING but i think the other facilities are lacking, the hostel looks nothing like the photos on hostelworld, the place has been completely re done since the photos were taken. i had a problem with the hot water and the water cut out on me in a shower once. the whole place is cramped and small, you need to expand. the only reason for this hostel is to party, which i did, hard, so im not complaining but i think with all the money you must be making you can afford to upkeep it

A no holds barred party hostel, amazing atmosphere and if your inclination is to party in Lapa, then this is the place for you. Facilities are very average and the place isnt that clean, but it is what it is. I specifically wanted to party that weekend in Lapa, so I had a blast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4