Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I've stayed at Books before and it was one of my favorite hostels ever, but this time I was a little disappointed. I remember the hostel being cleaner, and this time the bathrooms were very dirty, full of garbage and, sometimes, unfunctional. It was also kinda odd that the staff, at least when I arrived, didn't speak portuguese at all! Lucky me that I speak and understand a little english... I really like the place, but can't deny the disappointment this time.

Sad to leave. Had such a great time, staff were all awesome, and met some cool people. Happy hour every night.

• 26th Mar 2015

We stayed at Books Hostel for one Week. The room was nice and tidy and there was enough space for everyone. We had such an amazing time at Bookshostel - The bar team was very friendly and made good Caipirinhas :-) The staff is very helpful and friendly as well - they really want that you have a good time. There could be more showers & toilets at the Hostel and the bar should been open longer. Cheers David & Jan

This is party hostel, so it is not for everyone (including me). I would recommend this place for people in their early 20s who have fun getting drunk and prefer socializing with an anglosaxon crowd

I loved this hostel! It's really fun and social. It's in Lapa and in a great place for party and the touristy stuff. The staff and owner are all awesome and helpful. Breakfast was pretty good and the social areas really get people to mingle. Thanks peeps! Loved it!

This was hands down, the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The only reason I took a point off for atmosphere is because if you aren't into the crazy party atmosphere, Books may not be for you.

• 18th Mar 2015

Fantastic place. Would definitely stay there again.

Books hostel was one of the best hostels Ive stayed at, in Brazil or any of the 15+ countries that Ive stayed at hostels in. The atmosphere is incredible, cool people always around..happy hour at the bar starts at 7 and usually the whole hostel is there to socialize and party. The staff is the best part: Felipe, the owner is super nice, helpful, and knowledgeable, and the other staff members are just as awesome. They make you feel absolutely at home and welcome. Couldnt recommend it more!!

Thanks a lot!

This was a GREAT hostel! I traveled to Brazil alone and found many friends at Books because the staff is so welcoming and intentionally creates an atmosphere of 'home'. They celebrate happy hour together, go out together in the evening, and offer lots of suggestions of places to go and things to do. They were knowledgeable about everything and that local knowledge is exactly what made my trip so spectacular!

Awesome hostel and one of the best breakfasts Ive seen so far in a hostel.

Great atmosphere, staff are really helpful, give you the low down on where to go etc. Great base from which to explore Rio.

Everything was excellent in Books Hostel! If I ever come back to Río I will definitely come back!

Thanks man! We are really delighted to read this!

It was really nice to spend some time at this awesome hotel! Although the location is not that close from the main places in Rio (Copacabana, Ipanema, Corcovado, etc); the place was really cool, the rooms are all very clean and organized, the staff was very helpful and the bar was just perfect :)

• 21st Feb 2015
  • mollymellado95
  • Peru

I never write reviews but I just gotta point out that Books is THE place to stay in rio. Yes, its a party hostel but its different from other party hostels. There is a really community feel here that makes you feel welcome. ThePerfect size. I came here as a solo traveler and it was extremely easy to meet people. You can chill, you can party (Trust me, you're gonna want to party) and prime location next to the best of lapa. Also shout out to Felipe, he really is as awesome as people says he is.

• 19th Feb 2015

It was a really good place to stay and I recommend it for every people who wants to go to Rio !

• 18th Feb 2015

Absolutely loved my stay at Books. The staff are great, the atmosphere is fun and vivacious and owner Felipe goes above and beyond to help you in any way possible. Would definitely recommend Books to all.

• 12th Feb 2015

Centrally located hostel within a few walking minutes of the main attractions in Centro and Lapa. Staff and atmosphere are great, though the place draws very young people. Facilities could do with an upgrade, though. Only 2 upstairs bathrooms for 7 or 8 dorms means long waiting times and poor hygienic conditions. One toilet had a broken flush on a semi-permanent basis - really gross!

THE place to stay in Rio! Great atmosphere and Felipe is amazing. He gave us lots of recommendations of things to do whilst we were there and was always up for showing everyone a good night in Lapa. Would 100% stay there again and would recommend anyone wanting to meet new people and have the best time ever to go to Books!

Great party hostel - however I was moved beds halfway through my stay and loads of my things went missing, which none of the staff could help with.

I liked the time what I spent on hostel, it's a nice place to stay and have an excellent breakfast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3