Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Had the best time ever. By far the best hostel I ever stayed in. All because of the owner Felipe and his amazing staff. For sure coming back there.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Staff were approachable, friendly and helpful. General atmosphere in the hostel was fun - definitely a party hostel. The owner, Felippe, was great. Happy hour drink specials were the best we've seen in Brazil. Breakfast was good.

• 8th Nov 2014

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in, it's a really great place to meet people and common area always had a great atmoshphere! the owner really makes the effort to make you feel at home, he'll help plan your days and takes you out once the hostel bar closes! The bar is cheap, the breakfast is good and most nights they'll make you dinner for under R15. I'd deffinately stay here if I'm in Rio again!

I was travelling alone to Rio and from the first moment I arrived at BOOKS hostel I felt welcome. The hostel is clean and located in a great area in Rio. I always felt safe as a woman! Felipe and his team are lovely people who made my stay unforgettable. It felt like being part of a big family. If you look for a place to have great Caipirinha and party you will love BOOKS hostel. The only thing which i would change is the volumne of the music during dinner time to ensure people can talk ;)

• 4th Nov 2014

I had a really great time for the two days I spent at books hostel. It's located more in Lapa than in Santa Teresa, but if you like to go out at night, it's an awesome location (especially on friday nights). The 2 for 1 happy hour was definitely a great thing that they had. All of the staff were super helpful and gave me good suggestions. I felt safe in the hostel and the beds were fine and the bathrooms were clean. I think this is a great hostel and I would definitely recommend it!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Best hostel I've stayed in by far. Ended up staying a lot longer than planned due to the amazingly welcoming staff and the easy going, fun loving atmosphere. I can't recommend it enough. The only place to stay in Rio.

Very nice place to stay in Rio, breakfast is really good, the place is clean, and the location is great. Staff are very friendly and helpful. They have loud music at night during the weekend, good if you are up for a party, but not so good if you wanna sleep, although I did not have any problems!

Great vibe and friendly staff.

So lively hostel, the staffs were really kind and helpful, mainly Isabel. It's located just some steps from Lapa which is pretty good. The building is a little bit old, but it's not something to care about.

I had a really awesome time there! Definitively a recommendation! :)

Lovely hostel, super helpful staff. We were told not to stay in this area as it was rough but we were absolutely fine - two british girls! Great value too

• 24th Sep 2014

Very good party hostel with own bar and nice staff

Splendid hostel I had a really good time. Great bar and good atmosphere

I've visited a ton of hostels, and never felt like here. The atmosphere is the greatest feature of Books. Staff is always there to help you even more that what you need, making you feel like home, seriously. Already been twice and I'm gonna be back in Rio soon, to stay again. WARNING: Be ready for REAL party, not a quiet grandma-style hostel. Live here and be happy, as they say. Cheers to the books family! See ya soon.

The hostel is definitely for people who came to Rio for partying. Bar and (loud) music till midnight! The kitchen is really poorly equipped, but if you don't want to cook it shouldn't hinder you. Very easy to get to know other, but bc of the size you don't have a real community. Therefore more ruthless behaviour occurs (e.g. packing at 5am instead evening before, changing room in middle of the night)

love this place! its like home away from home with 50 new brothers and sisters!

This is the definition of Hostel! Great atmosphere, staff are your friends, clean, plenty of locker space, breakfast is the best i have had in all of south america. Felipe the owner is a real social character that gets all guests involved. Great place for meeting people, in the heart of lapa, half hour to get to copa and ipa beach, that includes walking and waiting.

Love, love, love this place!!! One of the most fun hostels I have stayed at in the world (and I have stayed at a lot of hostels) Great staff, great location, great breakfast. Highly recommend it

Awesome place to meet people. Would defiantly go back. Close to Lappa street parties. Only down side not many bathrooms

Adorable staff. Nice rooms with several bathrooms. Breakfast is good and the drinks during happy hour even more. Best area to go out in Rio and very close to the citycenter.

« first « Prev 1 2 3