Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I booked this hostel strictly on the positive reviews I read on hostelworld and I was not disappointed. My interaction was mostly with Felipe who was very welcoming and the rest of the staff was great as well. In addition to the great staff, the hostel had a great location (bars & metro) and I really liked the layout which made it easy to meet other people. I also appreciated the high speed Internet and had motivation to wake up early in the mornings due to the fantastic hostel breakfast.

Excellent location for a party weekend in Lapa. The bar is energetic every night and you're guaranteed a party! The staff were great - especially the bar girls, Carol on reception and Felipe in his hat. The 6 bed dorm is much better than the 8 so opt for that one.. Breakfast is also awesome

The best hostel I've stayed in so far, mainly due to the atmosphere, staff and Felipe! It is true what they all say, he is awesome! You won't regret staying here.

• 14th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Amazing hostel, lots of fun and very helpful staff !

• 11th May 2015

Great atmopshere and people, we really enjoyed our time there ! The 6-bed room we splet in was a bit to small for 6 persons and the bathrooms were not very clean but the cleaning was done every day so I think it was juste the people there that were not that clean. Close to the Lapa neighboorhood, this hoste lis well located to go out at night and very close to every buses to visit the city.

Great party atmosphere but at the same time you can get a good nights sleep if you like. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Good location and facilities. Definitely recommend!

A crazy hostel that pulls you in and you do not want to leave. Something is going on every day and you make friends ultra easily here. Great effort by the staff to arrange activities to get everyone out otherwise you're liable to stay at the hostel all night! Much thanks to Filipe for his attentiveness and care.

This is a cheap, conveniently-located party hostel in Lapa. There's always some kind of party, but the music shuts off at 12 out of consideration for sleeping. The staff are friendly and helpful, but the security was not good in my opinion. The lockers were small and anyone can walk into the hostel and unlocked rooms. I preferred my time at the beaches to Lapa, but Books was way cheaper and a good base for Lapa's nightlife.

Books is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The party vibe is great but also not too loud - you can still get a good nights sleep if needed. The staff are always ready to help and most live at the hostel and can give you answers even when they aren't on shift. Don't worry about it being too far from the beach - there are plenty of buses that take about 10 minutes. The owner, Felipe, is a brilliant guy who knows exactly how to run an awesome hostel with a great, happy and friendly atmosphere.

Felipe is a legend! Party hostel! Friendly vibe and staff. A little hard to have that quiet night after a few days of partying :-) Felipe knows everything and is so helpful.

Fantastic and welcoming hostel, definitely the best of our trip

This is as close as I've ever come to hostel perfection! The atmosphere was incredibly conducive to meeting people, the staff all spoke English and were really helpful, the rooms were spacious, the wifi was excellent, the breakfast was good. It is a party hostel, but the bar area closes at 11pm so if you don't want to go out its not too disruptive. My only criticisms would be there are too few bathrooms and although Lapa has great nightlife it's not a particularly nice neighbourhood.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in so farfar. Spending my 3 weeks in Rio here and it never gets old. The staff are great and Felipe makes you feel like home. Awesome experience! Highly recommended!

Hands down the best hostel I stayed at in my month in Brazil. Extended my stay twice up to 10 days it was so fun. There's a party every night if you want it, or if you're too wrecked from last night, just chill until about midnight when things quiet down. Really nice breakfast, staff, open common area, water filter, atmosphere, etc. Would absolutely only stay here if coming back to Rio.

Been all over the world and this was one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Loved it!

Defintily a party hostel :-). Really nice to stay there,

Loved this hostel. Extremely comfortable beds, great breakfast and Felipe is the host with the most. Extremely social and party atmosphere. However bring your earplugs for sleeping.

Just brilliant. Great atmosphere and easy going staff/owner. Would love to go back!

Great hostel, easy to meet new people, secure, clean, good wifi, staff friendly and helpful, lively but considerate for guests who want to sleep by having a curfew for the beer and music about midnight if I remember correctly. Metro connection close, bus even closer, walking distance for nightlife. Overall top hostel and would stay there again if in Rio.

• 7th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel, second time staying here and was amazing as the first! All the staff and Felipe the owner are fab!!

• 2nd Apr 2015