Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Location is pretty alright as it is close to the nightlife area and takes around 5 minutes to walk to the metro. Breakfast is good as there is a variety of fruits and food to choose from. However, if you are not interested in partying, this hostel might not be the place to stay at. They start blasting music until 11pm or so. Had a bad experience on the 1st day - I arrived at 2pm and the person who was supposed to check out was still lying in bed and I heard other customers suffered the situation

The staff here are amazingly helpful and the atmosphere is great. If you don't want to party with the rest of the hostel every night just put in your ear plugs! Happy hour 2 for 1 drinks was great. They make the best caiprihinas!

I LOVE BOOKS HOSTEL. I came for 2 days and stayed for over a week. This is one of the best if not the best hostel I've stayed at in all my travels, the staff are amazing and make you feel like part of the family (Felipe and Drew I love you guys!), caprihinas are the best, happy hour every day, always something to do day or night, good location in Lapa for street parties and bars...but also perfect if you wanna go 20 mins to the beach and sleep all day. Wish I never had to leave! :-)

Books is definitely a hostel for people who are willing to accept they will get no sleep for a few days :D The staff is fantastic and muticultural, which in my opinion is the best thing about the place. If you're the kind of person who likes your space, peace and quiet - then Books is not really for you. My advice: soak in the atmosphere for a few days at this awesome hostel and then go recover at a more secluded spot. The location is perfect! You are within walking distance to great attractions

It's really the people here that make this hostel. The staff are lots of fun and create a very social environment for all the guests. It's a little bit far from the beaches, but the proximity to Lapa made up for it. Being in Lapa, it's easy to walk to the best nightlife Rio has to offer.

Couldn't have wished for a better stay in Rio. The staff were fantastic, so helpful and friendly. Really made you feel welcome! Will reccomend books to everyone I meet. I can't wait to come back!

Good hostel if you want to make party. Everyday cocktails and happy hour (very delicious, BIG THANKS to Drew and George ;) ) a lot of people from England, so you can speak english without problems. Just one crazy chicken (woman) at the breakfast watching you all time :/ Breakfast was very delicious and yummy! very good fruits and toasts. Improvement recommendations: very loudly place, could be more quiet.Staff has very poor information about the city (no city maps etc.)

After reading the reviews I was expecting the hostel to be pretty awesome and I wasn't left disappointed :) The location is great - 20 minutes walk to the nearest beach, easy to catch a cab or a bus. The staff was really nice and helpful. Rooms have fans and AC so it's pretty comfortable to sleep (stayed in 10 bed dorm). The only bad thing about that place that you will end up liking it so much you'll feel down when leaving it.

Very good caipirihnas and nice bar.

Such am amazing atmosphere with great staff and drinks. Facilities were great and even the beds were nice. We had a wonderful time!

• 29th Apr 2014

If you´re up for a party in Rio then this hostel is the one!! I had such a great time exploring Rio from here, easy to get to beaches, Centro, and the Lapa street parties! The staff really helped me out when I arrived with no luggage or money due to incompetance of the bank & airline (shouts to Camilla & Drew) and I will return one day for sure! Cheers to the Books family!!! :)

• 28th Apr 2014

Absolutely GREAT staff. Friendly atmosphere. Wonderful happy hour (Daily). Will absolutely come back every time I come to Rio. Would definitely recommend. Great location.

1 2 3 Next » last »