Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

one of the best hostels!!! the atmosphere there was so good, nothing else didnt matter to me anymore.I made friends from the moment i got in. all the people that work there were travelers, so they really understand you, and they were trying to make everybody happy and feel at home. it is also very clean (toilets and showers), very good breakfast too! the location is perfect! the hostel is in the center of clubs and restaurants era!! Highly recommended!!!

Really nice place to be. Right in the center of Lapa, where you can find everything you want (literally). Great staff and very welcoming guests.

Books was by far the best hostel I've ever been. Felipe is awesome and he always find another awesome people to work with him! The staff is always really helpful and polite, the location is great, just on the corner of Lapa, which is one of the nicest neighborhoods to party in the city. And they also have parties in the hostel pretty much everyday. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is really good! I've been in Books 3 time already and always recommend it to everyone!

Thanks! You are always welcome and hope to see you again in the future!

Books hostel has a great location , good staff and good people around the world. The breakfest is really rich, the bar is not expensive and the honers are really take care of the clients,

Nice peopel,very close to bus station,definetely a party hostel(great caipis)!

The down stairs common areas had a good social atmosphere and the bar staff whip up awesome cocktails, the location is great being in the heart of lively Lapa and provides plenty of night life options. The dorms have lockers however there are no locks on any of the rooms, the room I stayed in was extremely noisy as the fan sounded like it was about to fall off the ceiling it was also very dirty with a stale smell as were the bathrooms which also had no hot water. Definitely not a great stay.

Sorry for that, I'm sure we will work hard to fix it. The fan was fixed, it broked in carival and was hard to find someone to find. About locks, we do not like to lock door of the rooms. I will double check the cleaner to understand what is happening. Thanks for the review.

This is by far THE BEST hostel I have ever stayed in! This review is a bit late and so I've stayed in a fair few hostels on my journey and I can safely say that Books hostel wipes the floor with every other hostel i've been in. The family atmosphere is like no other Ive experienced and the owner Felipe is one of the most kind, considerate and fun loving people ive met. It has a great vibe whether you want to chill or party with perfect facilities for both. Dont think twice, book Books!

Books hostel is a place you will always remember. Located very well in Lapa, has a great atmosphere and the breakfast is really good! Our room had no AC so it wasnt simple to sleep.. But overall- was really good! Recomended!

For next summer we will have AC in all the rooms, I hope! The heat in Rio is not human! Glad you had a good time, and hope you are back one day to see improvements. Your review, as all the reviews, is very important to us!

Great party hostel, great breakfast! Great location close to lapa arches and the metro! Laundry service was a bit weird, we were told we couldn't do laundry cause too many people were staying in the hostel, but there was a laundromat close enough it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

Eden, stoped again to do laundru. Recomending the self laundry place. We only have one machine and we need to use it at least twice a day. We will use it for emergencies, when we need to make an effort for people, but not as a regular service.

Need to put locks on the doors! The hostel was robbed during my stay..

I arrived at Books early in the morning and right away I met ppl to talk to. The staff is very helpful and nice. It's a party hostel (exactly what I was looking for) so there's always ppl hanging out. The staff are always inviting the guest out to party with them. You can bring your own alcohol to hostel as well. Overall a great place with great ppl. Next time I'm in Rio I will stay at books again

• 4th Mar 2014

Thanks Sir! We will looking forward to it!

1 2 3 Next » last »