Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Love, love, love this place!!! One of the most fun hostels I have stayed at in the world (and I have stayed at a lot of hostels) Great staff, great location, great breakfast. Highly recommend it

Awesome place to meet people. Would defiantly go back. Close to Lappa street parties. Only down side not many bathrooms

Adorable staff. Nice rooms with several bathrooms. Breakfast is good and the drinks during happy hour even more. Best area to go out in Rio and very close to the citycenter.

They nicest staff I ever met on my trip, but the location was not mine. I wanna stay next to the beach in Rio and that's fare away from here, but if you on a small budget it is a maybe a good option.

Books hostel has a really cool vibe, and is perfectly situated in Lapa. The nice shared area, happy hour, and the friendliness of the staff give it a very homely vibe. The only downside which is feel must be said was that my bed had bed bugs, which bit me to pieces. The staff responded well, allowing me to move beds, and discounting my stay. The room I was in did not feel that clean either, but that is hard to achieve in a room full of 8 backpackers!

Books hostel has an incredible atmosphere and is a guaranteed the most fun you'll have in Rio. Crazy and committed staff will make sure that you'll enjoy your stay whether you want to chill by the bar all day or do some sight-seeing. Side note: Books is the ONLY hostel in Rio to offer tours to Cat Park, an incredibly life changing sight - some say it's even better than Igazu Falls. in addition the breakfast is BEST, worth waking up for even if you have the world's worst hangover and it's CLEAN!

• 9th Aug 2014

the staff were not from brazil, so they had little or no knowledge about the city, they were not really bothered half of the time, they seemed drunk. the hostel owner was pretty cool though.

1 2 3 Next » last »