Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Staff were approachable, friendly and helpful. General atmosphere in the hostel was fun - definitely a party hostel. The owner, Felippe, was great. Happy hour drink specials were the best we've seen in Brazil. Breakfast was good.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in, it's a really great place to meet people and common area always had a great atmoshphere! the owner really makes the effort to make you feel at home, he'll help plan your days and takes you out once the hostel bar closes! The bar is cheap, the breakfast is good and most nights they'll make you dinner for under R15. I'd deffinately stay here if I'm in Rio again!

awesome hostel, the place was set up to party and u can easily walk home from all the clubs in lapa. the dude who runs the place is a legend and the drinks at the bar are cheap!

Great hostel! I felt so welcome there, great atmosphere and place for meeting other travelers. Practically, the hostel is in a good location (near the train), clean, lockers available and good breakfast. They also have a good bar for socializing. But the thing that really makes this hostel great is Felipe and the staff! You can tell when a hostel is run by people that are passionate about people and travelling. There needs to be more hostels like this in the world. I'm definitely going back!

AMAZING HOSTEL! Great atmosphere, staff, happy hour, breakfast. Also has netflix and a good common room, which came in great handy for me, as I sprained my foot and couldn't walk for 4 days. Thanks so much to Felipe and all the staff for helping me out..Taking me to the hospital, bringing me food, ice and crutches.They went above and beyond for me. The hostel bar is a great way to meet people, and the staff can point you in the right direction for partying after. Definitely stay here!!

• 4th Nov 2014

I was travelling alone to Rio and from the first moment I arrived at BOOKS hostel I felt welcome. The hostel is clean and located in a great area in Rio. I always felt safe as a woman! Felipe and his team are lovely people who made my stay unforgettable. It felt like being part of a big family. If you look for a place to have great Caipirinha and party you will love BOOKS hostel. The only thing which i would change is the volumne of the music during dinner time to ensure people can talk ;)

Amazing place to stay! The friendliest staff I've experienced on my trip and a really welcoming atmosphere. Awesome location, great atmosphere and cheap bar top this place off. Felipe has done an incredible job with place and has made sure the place has anything and everything a good hostel needs. Extended my stay two extra nights. Highly recommend it.

• 1st Nov 2014

I had a really great time for the two days I spent at books hostel. It's located more in Lapa than in Santa Teresa, but if you like to go out at night, it's an awesome location (especially on friday nights). The 2 for 1 happy hour was definitely a great thing that they had. All of the staff were super helpful and gave me good suggestions. I felt safe in the hostel and the beds were fine and the bathrooms were clean. I think this is a great hostel and I would definitely recommend it!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Best hostel I've stayed in by far. Ended up staying a lot longer than planned due to the amazingly welcoming staff and the easy going, fun loving atmosphere. I can't recommend it enough. The only place to stay in Rio.

Very nice place to stay in Rio, breakfast is really good, the place is clean, and the location is great. Staff are very friendly and helpful. They have loud music at night during the weekend, good if you are up for a party, but not so good if you wanna sleep, although I did not have any problems!

Great vibe and friendly staff.

So lively hostel, the staffs were really kind and helpful, mainly Isabel. It's located just some steps from Lapa which is pretty good. The building is a little bit old, but it's not something to care about.

I had a really awesome time there! Definitively a recommendation! :)

1 2 3 Next » last »