Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Wow. It was my 3rd stay at Books and I can't get enough of the place. They put on such an effort for the World Cup so there was a real buzz about the place but you could still have cosy chats with the staff over breakfast, or share a meal with everyone in the hostel. No where else in the WORLD has the atmosphere that Books creates. What would I change? I would have more control over the music haha :)

The best stay i ever had. Helpful staff, good location next to street bars in lapa. Was ace!

Pros:Great &English speaking staff(Nina rocks!), good breakfast,central location,relatively clean comparing to the number of guests during the world cup(despite of 2 times of water and internet outage). Cons:This is a party hostel, there is a very loud bar@ground floor,book a 2nd floor room&bring your best ear plugs. Loads of mosquito around,just don't open the windows! The district is a middle class&young people party area.It is dirty &smells urine. Your room is exposed, bring your lockers!

What a place! Had travelled for 6 months and spent my last 2 weeks at books and it was easily the best 2 weeks. The atmosphere there was superb and the staff were brilliant, they all went out of their way to make sure you had a good time. And Phillipe, what a legend, what a beard!

Best place I've ever stayed at in all my travels. Thank you so much for making my World Cup experience so so so awesome.

Me and a friend stayed here for a week - loved it! We miss it already! Xx

• 30th Jun 2014

One of the best all around hostels I have stayed in. Definitely a party hostel and the staff was amazing, will miss Felipe, Steff, and Nina for sure.

If you're in Rio to meet fun people and party, this is the absolutely the perfect place (if you want a chiller, mellower vibe... it's not for you). Awesome location for nightlife in Lapa and a short walk (8 min?) to the Metro. And the staff was always super friendly and helpful.

1 2 3 Next » last »