Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Awesome hostel and one of the best breakfasts Ive seen so far in a hostel.

Great atmosphere, staff are really helpful, give you the low down on where to go etc. Great base from which to explore Rio.

Everything was excellent in Books Hostel! If I ever come back to Río I will definitely come back!

Thanks man! We are really delighted to read this!

It was really nice to spend some time at this awesome hotel! Although the location is not that close from the main places in Rio (Copacabana, Ipanema, Corcovado, etc); the place was really cool, the rooms are all very clean and organized, the staff was very helpful and the bar was just perfect :)

The hostel is very good, rooms are cleaned daily, the beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is great. The hostel owners are always willing to help.The location is perfect for those who like to party, a few meters from all hustle and bustle of Lapa.

I never write reviews but I just gotta point out that Books is THE place to stay in rio. Yes, its a party hostel but its different from other party hostels. There is a really community feel here that makes you feel welcome. ThePerfect size. I came here as a solo traveler and it was extremely easy to meet people. You can chill, you can party (Trust me, you're gonna want to party) and prime location next to the best of lapa. Also shout out to Felipe, he really is as awesome as people says he is.

• 19th Feb 2015

It was a really good place to stay and I recommend it for every people who wants to go to Rio !

• 18th Feb 2015

Absolutely loved my stay at Books. The staff are great, the atmosphere is fun and vivacious and owner Felipe goes above and beyond to help you in any way possible. Would definitely recommend Books to all.

Centrally located hostel within a few walking minutes of the main attractions in Centro and Lapa. Staff and atmosphere are great, though the place draws very young people. Facilities could do with an upgrade, though. Only 2 upstairs bathrooms for 7 or 8 dorms means long waiting times and poor hygienic conditions. One toilet had a broken flush on a semi-permanent basis - really gross!

THE place to stay in Rio! Great atmosphere and Felipe is amazing. He gave us lots of recommendations of things to do whilst we were there and was always up for showing everyone a good night in Lapa. Would 100% stay there again and would recommend anyone wanting to meet new people and have the best time ever to go to Books!

Great party hostel - however I was moved beds halfway through my stay and loads of my things went missing, which none of the staff could help with.

I liked the time what I spent on hostel, it's a nice place to stay and have an excellent breakfast.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »