Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Books hostel has a great location , good staff and good people around the world. The breakfest is really rich, the bar is not expensive and the honers are really take care of the clients,

Nice peopel,very close to bus station,definetely a party hostel(great caipis)!

The down stairs common areas had a good social atmosphere and the bar staff whip up awesome cocktails, the location is great being in the heart of lively Lapa and provides plenty of night life options. The dorms have lockers however there are no locks on any of the rooms, the room I stayed in was extremely noisy as the fan sounded like it was about to fall off the ceiling it was also very dirty with a stale smell as were the bathrooms which also had no hot water. Definitely not a great stay.

Sorry for that, I'm sure we will work hard to fix it. The fan was fixed, it broked in carival and was hard to find someone to find. About locks, we do not like to lock door of the rooms. I will double check the cleaner to understand what is happening. Thanks for the review.

This is by far THE BEST hostel I have ever stayed in! This review is a bit late and so I've stayed in a fair few hostels on my journey and I can safely say that Books hostel wipes the floor with every other hostel i've been in. The family atmosphere is like no other Ive experienced and the owner Felipe is one of the most kind, considerate and fun loving people ive met. It has a great vibe whether you want to chill or party with perfect facilities for both. Dont think twice, book Books!

Books hostel is a place you will always remember. Located very well in Lapa, has a great atmosphere and the breakfast is really good! Our room had no AC so it wasnt simple to sleep.. But overall- was really good! Recomended!

For next summer we will have AC in all the rooms, I hope! The heat in Rio is not human! Glad you had a good time, and hope you are back one day to see improvements. Your review, as all the reviews, is very important to us!

Great party hostel, great breakfast! Great location close to lapa arches and the metro! Laundry service was a bit weird, we were told we couldn't do laundry cause too many people were staying in the hostel, but there was a laundromat close enough it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

Eden, stoped again to do laundru. Recomending the self laundry place. We only have one machine and we need to use it at least twice a day. We will use it for emergencies, when we need to make an effort for people, but not as a regular service.

Need to put locks on the doors! The hostel was robbed during my stay..

I arrived at Books early in the morning and right away I met ppl to talk to. The staff is very helpful and nice. It's a party hostel (exactly what I was looking for) so there's always ppl hanging out. The staff are always inviting the guest out to party with them. You can bring your own alcohol to hostel as well. Overall a great place with great ppl. Next time I'm in Rio I will stay at books again

• 4th Mar 2014

Thanks Sir! We will looking forward to it!

Booked a 6-bed dorm, was given a bed in a 4-bed room, very pleased with that - thanks2 the owner Felipe. The horror was: on 7 Mar. 14 the Receptionist Teresa let in 2 un-registered male and showed 1 of them around my room! I caught the 2men minutes after they broke my suitcase lock at about 2:10pm. Why Teresa allowed them hanging around inside the hostel I'd never know - they had no luggage!! These Evils are out to ruin traveller's trips, I'd urge the Owner to install Lock to every room!!

In all my travels around the world I can honestly say this is the best hostel I've ever stayed at..not only for the party atmosphere, constant cleaning by wonderful staff, but also because of the most amazing owner Felipe who is always going out of his way to make sure everything you want or need is provided! We had such a wonderful time over carnaval

I honestly can't rate this hostel highly enough, I was supposed to stay for a week during carnival because I heard it has a great party atmosphere but ended up staying a whole month! It's in Lapa which has a reputation for being a bit scabby but considering the cheap price it's a gorgeous, quirky little hostel with great facilities (and great breakfast!), it's fastidiously cleaned and the lovely staff are so friendly and knowledgeable about all things Rio-related it feels like a home from home.

Such an amazing breakfast! Lovely friendly staff. Our room didnt have air con and it was rediculously hot!

Perfect hostel for carnival! Feline, the owner, is around often and a great guide, taking us to some if the blocko's. I can't imagine ever going anywhere else for carnival! Good bar and common areas- good for making friends. Spacious dormitory with large lockers. Shower facilities and kitchen facilities are basic but clean and in good working order. Not all staff are clued up about the hostel and touristy stuff but Felipe knows all and there's a tourist info 2 mins down the road. Love this place

If you want to stay at a party Hostel, this is the place to be! The staff is awesome and everyone hangs out together and goes out as one group

Books hostel is one of the best hostels I've stayed at! Great atmosphere, friendly staff and a cool host. During Carnival people were coming from other hostels to party there. I don't think Carnival would have been half as much fun if we hadn't stayed at Books.

• 22nd Feb 2014

An amazing hostel with great staff and great vibes!

• 22nd Feb 2014

Can't speak highly enough of the place. If you're reading this review and want a lively hostel, stay in books. It's the best hostel I've ever been to. Simple as that.

Loved every minute at books! If you want a party hostel then stay here, the staff are amazing and we've been back since just to see them and party more :)

• 15th Feb 2014

I had an awesome time here. The hostel is located in the best neighborhood in Rio (Lapa) if you want to party. Felipe is an amazing host and the bar is great. I stayed there for 6 nights, wished I would've stayed longer.

By far my favourite hostel in Brazil. Amazing atmosphere, a cheap bar, super location (especially for the weekend). They even organised a samba jam/party one evening - a memorable night. Staff helpful and always willing to point out the best parties, spots in rio that are a little off the beaten track.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels