Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The place is great and so the atmosphere. Lapa is the most beautiful area in Rio. Also I have to say that the owner is very sweet and friendly and he try to help in everything! Great Hostel!

• 17th Oct 2013
  • Spain

I loved my stay! Every single person I met there was nothing but nice to me-it's been a week since I left Rio, and I still can't stop thinking of Rio and Books! I met so many wonderfulpeople from there, and made so many lasting friendships! Books itself is awesome, very clean place, and very.comfy pillows! That was one of the things I missed the most throughout my trip :) if ur destination is Rio, Books is definitely the hostel you would want to.stay at :)

• 17th Oct 2013

This is a great hostel, very close to Lapa and the beautiful Santa Teresa. What makes this hostel great is the staff, Phillipe and staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Yes, this hostel likes to party, if you are one to be in bed early, than think twice about coming to Books, because happy hour starts at 7pm and music usually stops by 11pm to midnight. Definitley give this place a try.

An excellent, very relaxing and easy going hostel highly recommend it. Met some lovely people, staff were helpful and friendly. Cheat caprinhas on happy hour and a fab breakfast.

Great people. Very helpful and excellent english-speaking staff and very cool looking hostel!

Had a really good stay at books. It's a fun lively place it be at. Phillpe and Alex were always on had to give advise tips with any questions we had for the them. Location is great especially for Friday night Lapa street party.

Best hostel we have stayed at in the past 6 months of travel! The Books Family are amazing. Such a cool vibe, friendly and helpful staff, really comfortable beds, yum breakfast and caprianhas (also with happy hour!). Lapa is a great neighbourhood too!

Meant to stay 3 nights ended up staying 11. Loved the hostel and especially the hostel staff! Hostel was kept clean and tidy throughout the day and the staff made a real effort to make us feel comfortable and at home. Dorm rooms were spacious (stayed in 4 and 8 bed), bathrooms were clean and had hot water. Great bar atmosphere in the evening. Don´t be put off by the hostel being in Lapa as it is close to all bus lines to beaches and tourist attractions - felt extremely safe there. Love books!

Books is an awesome place to stay. Situated in the ever exciting area of Lapa, you can find something to do every evening, and the guys at the Hostel keep a daily board of good things to do too. Everyone who works there is awesome, friendly, helpful and happy to serve you a delicious Caipirinha after a long day, before a long night. Happy hour between 7-8 for 2-4-1 too makes everything great. The rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Excellent.

Really good hostel, right in the middle of Lapa meaning that you are right in the middle of the street parties and the bars in a really vibrant and fun area of Rio. The best thing about this hostel is that the bar is very cheap, and everybody can socialise and meet new people, which is great for going out etc. I would definately recommend this to solo travellers.

Good price for what they offer. Very close to many restaurants and bars/clubs. Theres a bar inside the hostel and facilities are good. Breakfast is also good. Recommend it.

This was the first stop on a 4 month trip around south American and we couldn't have had a better start. The staff are amazing! So helpful and make everyone feel so welcome, more like a home than a hostel. A very relaxed atmosphere, and plenty of opportunity for experiencing the nightlife (there was something organised by the staff every day). The breakfast was also really good, plenty of fresh fruit, coffee, cereals and toasties.

I stayed in many hostels so far and it's the first time i meet people from hostel and even start travelling with them! In Books, people call each other "darling" and everyone is having fun! Can you imagine all of the hostel is going to night club together? It happens in Books :) At first, i booked for 2 days, but i loved the hostel so much that i stayed 8 days! Staff is so cool and helpful. Location is perfect, 5-10 mins far away from the center. Andre is the man! - and VIVA LA BOSS!

A perfect place to stay if you are a solo backpacker or traveling in a group. The hostel is always full of cool, friendly people from all over the world, starting with the staff who are awesome. The daily happy hour is awesome and makes everyone really happy! The atmosphere of the hostel is very good, day or night, the location is perfect for going out and there is quick access to transport anywhere in Rio. The only missing thing... A HAMMOCK! A truly special place :) Thanks Books family!

• 25th Sep 2013
  • Portugal

Staying at Books made my 2 weeks in Rio! The staff and owner were all extremely helpful and personable. By the time I left I felt like I was saying goodbye to friends. The atmosphere is extremely chill during the day, and every night from 7-8 there's a happy hour. The location right between Lapa and Santa Teresa was perfect because anything I needed (bars, metro, food, etc) was never more than a 10 minute walk. I'm so glad I stayed at books and I'll absolutely go back next time I'm in Rio!

• 25th Sep 2013

Friendly atmosphere, a lot of young and interesting people, perfect, cooperative team, good breakfast, nearly everything included, clean rooms, veeery good caipirinhas,... ;) We had a great time and found more than we expected. I'm sure we will come again! :)

• 23rd Sep 2013

Very good and a nice place to stay, staff is very helpfull and the breakfast is amazing. Stay here to have a good place to go by foot to all the Lapa parties :)

*A really fun hostel I'm terms of meeting people to go with at night. * The staff were very helpful when it came to recommending things to do, places to go etc. especially when it can to finding out which bus to take all over Rio.

I stayed in Books Hostel for 3 days qbefore I left RIo, all I can say is I wish I had of found this hostel sooner as I would have stayed much longer! Book is by far the best hostel I've stayed in so far in my travels around South America, the atmosphere is excellent, the staff are so friendly and helpful, I felt right at home and happy there! The hostel is located in Lap which is a great location for sight seeing and going out, I would highly recommend Books to anyone!

Awesome for meeting people and having a good time

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels