Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Really loved this hostel. It had great people and a nice party atmosphere

Estuve un fin de semana y Sencillamente fue un lugar increíble música ambiente tragos etc perfecto para darle inicio a la vida nocturna en lapa... Y por supuesto está muy cerca de algunos sitios turísticos en río....

Amazing time a books, great place to start my trip!

I had a great stay here. The atmosphere was excellent and we'll facilitated by the staff. Very much a party hostel!

• 30th Jun 2015

If u wanna party youve got the right place,happy hour rules -2 caprinyas for 6 real bargin!! Staff r cool too

pERFECT PLACE FOR PARTYING but i think the other facilities are lacking, the hostel looks nothing like the photos on hostelworld, the place has been completely re done since the photos were taken. i had a problem with the hot water and the water cut out on me in a shower once. the whole place is cramped and small, you need to expand. the only reason for this hostel is to party, which i did, hard, so im not complaining but i think with all the money you must be making you can afford to upkeep it

A no holds barred party hostel, amazing atmosphere and if your inclination is to party in Lapa, then this is the place for you. Facilities are very average and the place isnt that clean, but it is what it is. I specifically wanted to party that weekend in Lapa, so I had a blast.

I stayed here only because I wanted to be close to the Saturday night party in Lapa. It was good for that since it is really close. Otherwise I wouldn't stay here, it is definitely a party hostel with really young vibe and if that's your thing, then cool, have fun. If not, it will be hard to sleep and the facilities are just ok. The breakfast was good but similar to other hostels in Brazil. Staff was great.

Good place in Lapa. Nice breakfast.

If you are young, and if you like to party most of the nights with loud music and meet many people, this is your place. If you like to stay somewhere quite and relax in Rio, this is not your place.

Top class hostel. Has everything you want for a good time. Full of backpackers

100%. one of the best hostels we have stayed in in South America. Atmosphere is second to none. I would call this a party hostel, with music going until the early hours, so be wary if you want a quiet nights sleep. Can't recommend enough, definite recommend.

Location is the greatest for weekend nights in Lapa. The party starts at the hostel. The atmosphere is always buzzing. The rooms are spacious and breakfast is one of the best. Recommend highly!

Felipe is awesome, parties are insane, facilities are great. There's no point staying anywhere else - it doesn't get better than Books

Party hostel

I booked this hostel strictly on the positive reviews I read on hostelworld and I was not disappointed. My interaction was mostly with Felipe who was very welcoming and the rest of the staff was great as well. In addition to the great staff, the hostel had a great location (bars & metro) and I really liked the layout which made it easy to meet other people. I also appreciated the high speed Internet and had motivation to wake up early in the mornings due to the fantastic hostel breakfast.

Excellent location for a party weekend in Lapa. The bar is energetic every night and you're guaranteed a party! The staff were great - especially the bar girls, Carol on reception and Felipe in his hat. The 6 bed dorm is much better than the 8 so opt for that one.. Breakfast is also awesome

Books hostel is amazing, originally planned to stay 3 days but stayed two weeks! the staff are the best of any hostel we have experienced, excellent management and great atmosphere. Didn't want to leave

• 14th May 2015

The best hostel I've stayed in so far, mainly due to the atmosphere, staff and Felipe! It is true what they all say, he is awesome! You won't regret staying here.

• 14th May 2015
  • New Zealand

If you come to Rio, go stay at Books! Awesome staff, awesome location, awesome hostel. There is no better place. Trust me!

• 13th May 2015