Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I arrived at Books early in the morning and right away I met ppl to talk to. The staff is very helpful and nice. It's a party hostel (exactly what I was looking for) so there's always ppl hanging out. The staff are always inviting the guest out to party with them. You can bring your own alcohol to hostel as well. Overall a great place with great ppl. Next time I'm in Rio I will stay at books again

• 4th Mar 2014

Thanks Sir! We will looking forward to it!

Booked a 6-bed dorm, was given a bed in a 4-bed room, very pleased with that - thanks2 the owner Felipe. The horror was: on 7 Mar. 14 the Receptionist Teresa let in 2 un-registered male and showed 1 of them around my room! I caught the 2men minutes after they broke my suitcase lock at about 2:10pm. Why Teresa allowed them hanging around inside the hostel I'd never know - they had no luggage!! These Evils are out to ruin traveller's trips, I'd urge the Owner to install Lock to every room!!

In all my travels around the world I can honestly say this is the best hostel I've ever stayed at..not only for the party atmosphere, constant cleaning by wonderful staff, but also because of the most amazing owner Felipe who is always going out of his way to make sure everything you want or need is provided! We had such a wonderful time over carnaval

I honestly can't rate this hostel highly enough, I was supposed to stay for a week during carnival because I heard it has a great party atmosphere but ended up staying a whole month! It's in Lapa which has a reputation for being a bit scabby but considering the cheap price it's a gorgeous, quirky little hostel with great facilities (and great breakfast!), it's fastidiously cleaned and the lovely staff are so friendly and knowledgeable about all things Rio-related it feels like a home from home.

Such an amazing breakfast! Lovely friendly staff. Our room didnt have air con and it was rediculously hot!

Perfect hostel for carnival! Feline, the owner, is around often and a great guide, taking us to some if the blocko's. I can't imagine ever going anywhere else for carnival! Good bar and common areas- good for making friends. Spacious dormitory with large lockers. Shower facilities and kitchen facilities are basic but clean and in good working order. Not all staff are clued up about the hostel and touristy stuff but Felipe knows all and there's a tourist info 2 mins down the road. Love this place

If you want to stay at a party Hostel, this is the place to be! The staff is awesome and everyone hangs out together and goes out as one group

Books hostel is one of the best hostels I've stayed at! Great atmosphere, friendly staff and a cool host. During Carnival people were coming from other hostels to party there. I don't think Carnival would have been half as much fun if we hadn't stayed at Books.

• 22nd Feb 2014

An amazing hostel with great staff and great vibes!

• 22nd Feb 2014

Can't speak highly enough of the place. If you're reading this review and want a lively hostel, stay in books. It's the best hostel I've ever been to. Simple as that.

Loved every minute at books! If you want a party hostel then stay here, the staff are amazing and we've been back since just to see them and party more :)

• 15th Feb 2014

I had an awesome time here. The hostel is located in the best neighborhood in Rio (Lapa) if you want to party. Felipe is an amazing host and the bar is great. I stayed there for 6 nights, wished I would've stayed longer.

By far my favourite hostel in Brazil. Amazing atmosphere, a cheap bar, super location (especially for the weekend). They even organised a samba jam/party one evening - a memorable night. Staff helpful and always willing to point out the best parties, spots in rio that are a little off the beaten track.

Great vibes, great staff, great breakfast, great wifi. Only downside was many of the toilets and showers barely functioned.

Ok. I am working to fix it! It is better now but for the world cup we will be ready. Don't ever feel reviews are not helpfull to us, we are just mixing. If you see pictures from what it was, and what it became, you would see that we put a lot of effort/money and we will do it until we find this place serving very well it purpose!

It´s party every night, so noise. Washrooom is not enough if there´s full people. otherwise, Clean linen & location is easy to take the bus & metro.

Book´s Hostel is my new family in Brazil, where we met the coolest guest of our trip and have the best parties in Rio. perfect location to stay close of the parties avoiding the need of transport by night. So good to meet the owner and fell like is not just a bussiness- Captain Felipe, we love you and are coming back.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Good place to meet ppl! also nice that they stop the music at 00.00 so you can have a sleep. staff are excellent! bathrooms are very basic. I would recommend this place!

We will come back! :D Flush on 2 toilets on level 2 could work better :P

fantastic hostel with very good atmosphere, very nice bar area with amazing grafitti.

We spent three nights in this hostel and we were impressed with the rudeness and lack of support from staff of the hostel. Besides that, the atmosphere is depressive and non-inviting. Overall the hostel is fine, but it promises much more than what it can offer, including rooms with inadequate air conditioning.

Sir, the staff was not good and was replaced. Not worries about it. About being non-inviting, it is a personal judgement, and I think it shouldn't be written here, considering that it is difficult to messure how wright or wrong it is, and reviews, in general, should be something more general, that people could messure or see when they come.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels