Books Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 10, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great hostel to meet people. Definitely a party hostel so you're never bored. It can get loud pretty much every night. The staff is pretty nice, but one of the restrooms could be a tiny bit cleaner. Overall a very positive experience!

Awesome hostel and one of the best breakfasts Ive seen so far in a hostel.

Great atmosphere, staff are really helpful, give you the low down on where to go etc. Great base from which to explore Rio.

Everything was excellent in Books Hostel! If I ever come back to Río I will definitely come back!

Thanks man! We are really delighted to read this!

It was really nice to spend some time at this awesome hotel! Although the location is not that close from the main places in Rio (Copacabana, Ipanema, Corcovado, etc); the place was really cool, the rooms are all very clean and organized, the staff was very helpful and the bar was just perfect :)

The hostel is very good, rooms are cleaned daily, the beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is great. The hostel owners are always willing to help.The location is perfect for those who like to party, a few meters from all hustle and bustle of Lapa.

I never write reviews but I just gotta point out that Books is THE place to stay in rio. Yes, its a party hostel but its different from other party hostels. There is a really community feel here that makes you feel welcome. ThePerfect size. I came here as a solo traveler and it was extremely easy to meet people. You can chill, you can party (Trust me, you're gonna want to party) and prime location next to the best of lapa. Also shout out to Felipe, he really is as awesome as people says he is.

• 19th Feb 2015

It was a really good place to stay and I recommend it for every people who wants to go to Rio !

• 18th Feb 2015

Absolutely loved my stay at Books. The staff are great, the atmosphere is fun and vivacious and owner Felipe goes above and beyond to help you in any way possible. Would definitely recommend Books to all.

Centrally located hostel within a few walking minutes of the main attractions in Centro and Lapa. Staff and atmosphere are great, though the place draws very young people. Facilities could do with an upgrade, though. Only 2 upstairs bathrooms for 7 or 8 dorms means long waiting times and poor hygienic conditions. One toilet had a broken flush on a semi-permanent basis - really gross!

THE place to stay in Rio! Great atmosphere and Felipe is amazing. He gave us lots of recommendations of things to do whilst we were there and was always up for showing everyone a good night in Lapa. Would 100% stay there again and would recommend anyone wanting to meet new people and have the best time ever to go to Books!

Great party hostel - however I was moved beds halfway through my stay and loads of my things went missing, which none of the staff could help with.

I liked the time what I spent on hostel, it's a nice place to stay and have an excellent breakfast.

Atmosphere is outstanding! Probably the best hostel during my whole south america trip! A blast!!!

• 28th Jan 2015

The staff here are all locals

It's a busy hostel. And yes it's a party hostel. Music on all night long, weird folk hanging around, we found some guys in our room most likely consuming stuff while we were away. So if you are into party

If you are expecting perfectly new, clean and modern place, Books Hostel is not for you. The place is all about amazing atmosphere, friendly staff, nice location and good facilities. The bar is great and Caipirinhas are delicious, especially during happy hours ;). Books Hostel is kind of a legend on backpacker's map of Rio - check Brazilian TV series "Albergue Carioca". I really enjoyed my time there - thanks a lot guys!

It's a pretty cool hostel at a great price for what you get: an all you can eat varied breakfast, spacious air conditioned 10-bed dorm (where the wifi still works & plug sockets near each bed), good facilities and a perfect location right between Santa Teresa & the buzzing nightlife of Lapa plus buses to most tourist points of interest. It's a party hostel but they shut the music off by midnight, then Iago is your go-to-guy for the best spots to hit after (André too if you're into your hip-hop!)

Super cool staff, very good location

I was wondering why people consider it hostel as one of the best. At the first sight, you wonder, but you need to stay there to see it. Don't expect much sleep, even if the rooms have airco and are comfortable, its much better at the bar. Good thing, the music stops at 12. After that, you can go to bed if that's what you want to do. Breakfast is great. Coffee its good compare to the other hostels in Brazil. Bad thing:There aren't many toilets. Perhaps cleaning rota should be more often

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels