Books Rehab Hostel Reviews

Rua Marcilio Dias, 388, Arraial do Cabo, Brazil

I really enjoyed my staying at Books, lovely place to relax and also meet new people, we'd had dinner everybody together during the nights I've been there and was great, I could try traditional dishes from Israel and Mexico! I recommend this hostel for everybody who wants to have a good time, have a good breakfast and also a comfortable house. The staff is amazing because made me feel at my place, hope see u again guys.

• 12th Jun 2015

The best hostel experience that I've had in years. It's minutes walking from the main beaches and Alex, the owner, has a good vibe! The beer is at a fair price and the rooms are great! I booked for two nights but had to return the next day, and Alex was totally understanding. I have some more days in my life to be spent in Arraial do Cabo. The next time I return to this city, I'll stay in this hostel for sure!

Owner puts a lot of effort into making this place amazing. Very clean.

Hands down best hostel I've stayed at in over 6 months. Amazing people working there, so friendly and helpful, great garden and terrace, bbq available, hammocks, really comfy beds, best breakfast ever (granola, fruit, bread, cake, ham and cheese, toastie machine, mate and coffee) super chilled and laid back. Walking distance to all the beautiful beaches. This was the best place I've stayed in for a very long time! Loved it so much

Loved this place! The staff makes it-- they are always organizing activities for the group, like boat parties and such! Arraial do Cabo is a beautiful place, perfect for some R&R (especially if you're coming from the Books Hostel in Rio). Still, the atmosphere is much different at Books Rehab-- very chilled- out, definitely not a "party hostel", since Arraial's nightlife is quite limited. Only was able to stay for two nights but would return to this hostel at the first chance! Ate a proxima!

Books Rehab has been my favourite hostel yet. The staff are all very warm, welcoming and helpful. They are a bunch of rad units. Everybody i spoke to who stayed here stayed longer than they had planned. Really good common area and good vibe of people who are staying. It's a very communal hostel that works more like a close sharehouse and has a family feel

• 23rd Mar 2015

Truly awesome place. My favorite hostel in Brazil so far. Very chilled atmosphere and very nice people. The owners do everything they can to make you happy. I especially loved the barbeques that everyone is hostel enjoyed together. Perfect location too. Walking distance from everything you need. Ended up staying twice as long as planned. Would come back any time!

Okay -- you HAVE to stay here. My friend and I were debating where to go and read all these reviews about Bruno and Alex and were like.. "really? is it that good?". Well I'm here to tell you that YES, YES it is! :) They're so cool and treat you like friends/family. Try to get there for the BBQ night, the food was incredible and I'm a vegetarian and they still catered to me and made incredible food. The next night was a boat party for sunset- DO THIS. :) Strong wifi, great Breakfast!!! I miss it!

Sensacional....da pra ficar tão a vontade que parece que estamos em casa. Alex e Bruno são ótimos!!! Amazing...its so chill, seems like home. Alex and Bruno are great people!!!

Home away from home...literally Greated with open arms by the amazing Alex and Bruno, these guys truly make u feel so welcome and at home that it feels like you have known them forever. They create an awesome chilled and and friendly atmosphere, loved the "family" bbq they host for all the hostel, boat party they organize and chill time in the comfy hammocks. Location is perfect, the boys will always point u in the right direction, nothing is too much. Will definitely be back to stay again

• 28th Feb 2015

I had a wonderful time at Books Rehab! This is a very beautiful, clean and organized hostel and the owners Bruno and Alex are the nicest people you can meet. They, along with the staff and all the people staying there even made a barbecue on my birthday and I couldn't have felt more welcomed. The hostel is a 20-minute walk from the bus station and very close to the best part of Arraial: the stunning beaches. I wish I could stay longer and hope to come back one day!

• 23rd Feb 2015

Dear Alexi, Bruno, Brenda, Agostina and gatito. Loved every second at Rehab. Was exactly what was needed. This hostel is genuinely beautiful and the beaches breathtaking. The barbecues were amazing and the company was even better. All I can say is, see you in a couple of months because I will be back. Big love to the Books Rehab family. xx

Books Rehab is heaven on earth! Such a chilled and relaxing spot, where it is almost impossible to not feel at home. Alex and Bruno are the best! A perfect place to have a nice barbecue, relax at the beach, drink a beer at the poolparty and just enjoy life!

We stayed here for two night and it was definitely awesome. We arrived quite early and we were offered a breakfest. The two guys helped us planning our days and bought sunbrellas for us as it was really hot. In the evening, they served us an unforgettable fish. The hostel is clean, really comfortable and cheap. I absolutely recommend it if you decide to stay in Arraial do Cabo.

• 20th Feb 2015

I really liked this hostel, so much so that I would spend less time in Rio just to have more time here. Atmosphere is fun and chill, yummy asados on some evenings, within walking distance to some of Brazil's most amazing beaches. Alex and Bruno will tell you about the best beaches. The hostel itself is like a large house or cottage, clean rooms, very clean bathrooms and great showers (big plus!) and good hammocks on the porch. Highly recommend staying here!

For sure that was the most amusing hostel I have been!! The owners here make u feel like home.. They are so friendly funny and nice.... Was such a great experience. Was everything just perfect! The house is great... Very clean and comfortable!!! I"ve made such a great friends here.. And for sure I will come back soon!!! The days I spent on the hostel were much much better than what I expected! Everything just perfect!!!

• 13th Feb 2015

Alex and Bruno are the best. this place is soooo homey and they are lots of fun! Beds are so clean. Showers are clean but the water is weak when it comes out. Kitchen is somewhat clean. There are two computers that residents are able to use.

Lovely people, breathtaking beaches! The perfect escape from bustling Rio yet to be discovered by too many tourists, Arraial do Cabo is a Brazilian gem.

• 9th Feb 2015

Very nice place very to stay . Great location to reach the beach by walk , very good value for money. Stuff is very welcoming and helpful also organising amazing activities and giving really good tips on how to move around . definitely recommend it !!!!

Books rehab is not really a hostel, more like a home. Both Alex and Bruno are great, so relaxed and really helpful. The place is a little out of the way but the people more than make up for it.

View all Arraial do Cabo Hostels