Books Rehab Hostel Reviews

Rua Marcilio Dias, 388, Arraial do Cabo, Brazil

This is not a hostel, this is a friends house!. Alex and Carol are like a old friends! The hostel is small, but what else would you like in this paradise?. The atmosphere is awesome, close to the beaches, in a quiet town. The breakfast is simple but perfect. The atmosphere is awesome. basically is a family. Thanks Alex for you hospitality, your are doing a great job with your hostel.

This hostel has probably the strongest personality I have encountered so far. Alex and Carolina turned this place into a yard of happiness with an unprecedented warm and welcoming attitude you will hardly find anywhere else, not only in Arrial do Cabo,... anywhere. The stay has been exceptional: I would rather describe it to sharing good times with friends than being at a hostel. That said, it cannot get any better.

Alex and Carol were great hosts! Carol took time to explain the map of the city and which beaches to go. Alex was the life of the party. I couldn't have wished for a better experience and would highly recommend staying there.

• 13th Aug 2015

Best hostel we have stayed in ever! Books rehab is more of a home than a hostel! The staff, house and atmosphere are just spot on! The breakfast is amazing (they offer cook your own eggs!) and at night everyone hangs out together as a family! Thank you Alex and Carol for being the best hosts and friends, and making our time in Arraial so special!

Definitely one of the best hotels that I have booked ever! The Staff (Alex) was just great and we (me and my girlfriend) felt like we was at a best friend's house. The hostel is a very nice house...all new. The bathrooms was ever clean and the atmosphere was very nice!

• 1st Aug 2015

The hostel wasn't quite what I was expecting. I was hoping for a quiet place to enjoy the beach but it was a bit was a bit of a party hostel. The main issue was that the dorm I was in was next to the common area so it was very noisy at night. The hosts were nice but too laid back for my liking. When I arrivedarrived I had tobadk several times for a map and information. I had laundry done while I stayed but it was given back to me damp.

Absolutely love Books Rehab. Alex and Bruno are great hosts and continuously go out of their way to accomodate all guests to the best of their ability. Rooms and bathrooms are always clean and facilities are great and always working. The breakfast is the best I've had on my trip so far and they even offer eggs (crazy for a hostel!). Most guests eat together on one big table at night which creates a great atmosphere of getting to know each other and making friends from all over the world.

Incredible!!! Location is fantastic, pristine beaches everywhere. Staff probably the best reason of this hostel Alex,Bruno and Carolina are really hospitable and full of life. Atmosphere in the hostel is one of a kind everyone knows each other by name and the language barrier is easily jumped over. Can't recommend it highly enough

Mega pad,mega staff & proper rehab after crazyness of books lapa

Very good hostel!! It feels like a home. The host is very nice, the kitchen has all what you need and the breakfast is super complete

The music in the lounge area is rather too loud and makes it difficult to rest during the day.

excellent hostel with great staff.

• 29th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed my staying at Books, lovely place to relax and also meet new people, we'd had dinner everybody together during the nights I've been there and was great, I could try traditional dishes from Israel and Mexico! I recommend this hostel for everybody who wants to have a good time, have a good breakfast and also a comfortable house. The staff is amazing because made me feel at my place, hope see u again guys.

• 12th Jun 2015

The best hostel experience that I've had in years. It's minutes walking from the main beaches and Alex, the owner, has a good vibe! The beer is at a fair price and the rooms are great! I booked for two nights but had to return the next day, and Alex was totally understanding. I have some more days in my life to be spent in Arraial do Cabo. The next time I return to this city, I'll stay in this hostel for sure!

Owner puts a lot of effort into making this place amazing. Very clean.

Hands down best hostel I've stayed at in over 6 months. Amazing people working there, so friendly and helpful, great garden and terrace, bbq available, hammocks, really comfy beds, best breakfast ever (granola, fruit, bread, cake, ham and cheese, toastie machine, mate and coffee) super chilled and laid back. Walking distance to all the beautiful beaches. This was the best place I've stayed in for a very long time! Loved it so much

Loved this place! The staff makes it-- they are always organizing activities for the group, like boat parties and such! Arraial do Cabo is a beautiful place, perfect for some R&R (especially if you're coming from the Books Hostel in Rio). Still, the atmosphere is much different at Books Rehab-- very chilled- out, definitely not a "party hostel", since Arraial's nightlife is quite limited. Only was able to stay for two nights but would return to this hostel at the first chance! Ate a proxima!

Books Rehab has been my favourite hostel yet. The staff are all very warm, welcoming and helpful. They are a bunch of rad units. Everybody i spoke to who stayed here stayed longer than they had planned. Really good common area and good vibe of people who are staying. It's a very communal hostel that works more like a close sharehouse and has a family feel

• 23rd Mar 2015

Truly awesome place. My favorite hostel in Brazil so far. Very chilled atmosphere and very nice people. The owners do everything they can to make you happy. I especially loved the barbeques that everyone is hostel enjoyed together. Perfect location too. Walking distance from everything you need. Ended up staying twice as long as planned. Would come back any time!

Okay -- you HAVE to stay here. My friend and I were debating where to go and read all these reviews about Bruno and Alex and were like.. "really? is it that good?". Well I'm here to tell you that YES, YES it is! :) They're so cool and treat you like friends/family. Try to get there for the BBQ night, the food was incredible and I'm a vegetarian and they still catered to me and made incredible food. The next night was a boat party for sunset- DO THIS. :) Strong wifi, great Breakfast!!! I miss it!

View all Arraial do Cabo Hostels