Books Rehab Hostel Reviews

Rua Marcilio Dias, 388, Arraial do Cabo, Brazil

The hostel wasn't quite what I was expecting. I was hoping for a quiet place to enjoy the beach but it was a bit was a bit of a party hostel. The main issue was that the dorm I was in was next to the common area so it was very noisy at night. The hosts were nice but too laid back for my liking. When I arrivedarrived I had tobadk several times for a map and information. I had laundry done while I stayed but it was given back to me damp.

Absolutely love Books Rehab. Alex and Bruno are great hosts and continuously go out of their way to accomodate all guests to the best of their ability. Rooms and bathrooms are always clean and facilities are great and always working. The breakfast is the best I've had on my trip so far and they even offer eggs (crazy for a hostel!). Most guests eat together on one big table at night which creates a great atmosphere of getting to know each other and making friends from all over the world.

Incredible!!! Location is fantastic, pristine beaches everywhere. Staff probably the best reason of this hostel Alex,Bruno and Carolina are really hospitable and full of life. Atmosphere in the hostel is one of a kind everyone knows each other by name and the language barrier is easily jumped over. Can't recommend it highly enough

Mega pad,mega staff & proper rehab after crazyness of books lapa

Very good hostel!! It feels like a home. The host is very nice, the kitchen has all what you need and the breakfast is super complete

The music in the lounge area is rather too loud and makes it difficult to rest during the day.

excellent hostel with great staff.

• 29th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed my staying at Books, lovely place to relax and also meet new people, we'd had dinner everybody together during the nights I've been there and was great, I could try traditional dishes from Israel and Mexico! I recommend this hostel for everybody who wants to have a good time, have a good breakfast and also a comfortable house. The staff is amazing because made me feel at my place, hope see u again guys.

• 12th Jun 2015

The best hostel experience that I've had in years. It's minutes walking from the main beaches and Alex, the owner, has a good vibe! The beer is at a fair price and the rooms are great! I booked for two nights but had to return the next day, and Alex was totally understanding. I have some more days in my life to be spent in Arraial do Cabo. The next time I return to this city, I'll stay in this hostel for sure!

Owner puts a lot of effort into making this place amazing. Very clean.

Hands down best hostel I've stayed at in over 6 months. Amazing people working there, so friendly and helpful, great garden and terrace, bbq available, hammocks, really comfy beds, best breakfast ever (granola, fruit, bread, cake, ham and cheese, toastie machine, mate and coffee) super chilled and laid back. Walking distance to all the beautiful beaches. This was the best place I've stayed in for a very long time! Loved it so much

Loved this place! The staff makes it-- they are always organizing activities for the group, like boat parties and such! Arraial do Cabo is a beautiful place, perfect for some R&R (especially if you're coming from the Books Hostel in Rio). Still, the atmosphere is much different at Books Rehab-- very chilled- out, definitely not a "party hostel", since Arraial's nightlife is quite limited. Only was able to stay for two nights but would return to this hostel at the first chance! Ate a proxima!

Books Rehab has been my favourite hostel yet. The staff are all very warm, welcoming and helpful. They are a bunch of rad units. Everybody i spoke to who stayed here stayed longer than they had planned. Really good common area and good vibe of people who are staying. It's a very communal hostel that works more like a close sharehouse and has a family feel

• 23rd Mar 2015

Truly awesome place. My favorite hostel in Brazil so far. Very chilled atmosphere and very nice people. The owners do everything they can to make you happy. I especially loved the barbeques that everyone is hostel enjoyed together. Perfect location too. Walking distance from everything you need. Ended up staying twice as long as planned. Would come back any time!

Okay -- you HAVE to stay here. My friend and I were debating where to go and read all these reviews about Bruno and Alex and were like.. "really? is it that good?". Well I'm here to tell you that YES, YES it is! :) They're so cool and treat you like friends/family. Try to get there for the BBQ night, the food was incredible and I'm a vegetarian and they still catered to me and made incredible food. The next night was a boat party for sunset- DO THIS. :) Strong wifi, great Breakfast!!! I miss it!

Sensacional....da pra ficar tão a vontade que parece que estamos em casa. Alex e Bruno são ótimos!!! Amazing...its so chill, seems like home. Alex and Bruno are great people!!!

Home away from home...literally Greated with open arms by the amazing Alex and Bruno, these guys truly make u feel so welcome and at home that it feels like you have known them forever. They create an awesome chilled and and friendly atmosphere, loved the "family" bbq they host for all the hostel, boat party they organize and chill time in the comfy hammocks. Location is perfect, the boys will always point u in the right direction, nothing is too much. Will definitely be back to stay again

• 28th Feb 2015

I had a wonderful time at Books Rehab! This is a very beautiful, clean and organized hostel and the owners Bruno and Alex are the nicest people you can meet. They, along with the staff and all the people staying there even made a barbecue on my birthday and I couldn't have felt more welcomed. The hostel is a 20-minute walk from the bus station and very close to the best part of Arraial: the stunning beaches. I wish I could stay longer and hope to come back one day!

Dear Alexi, Bruno, Brenda, Agostina and gatito. Loved every second at Rehab. Was exactly what was needed. This hostel is genuinely beautiful and the beaches breathtaking. The barbecues were amazing and the company was even better. All I can say is, see you in a couple of months because I will be back. Big love to the Books Rehab family. xx

Books Rehab is heaven on earth! Such a chilled and relaxing spot, where it is almost impossible to not feel at home. Alex and Bruno are the best! A perfect place to have a nice barbecue, relax at the beach, drink a beer at the poolparty and just enjoy life!

View all Arraial do Cabo Hostels