Boomerang Guesthouse Reviews

Atatürk mah.1047 Skak no 10, Selçuk, Izmir, Selcuk, Turkey

I had a nice stay at Boomerang. I was the only guest (it was low season) and the owners were very helpful with arranging a tour, advising on transport and what to see in the area. It's in a perfect spot. The breakfast was also very good.

Staff was very nice and very helpful. Good breakfast included in price (bread, coffee/tea, milk, jam and butter, tomato, cucumber, egg, cheese). There is a restaurant at hotel. No kitchen, but electric kettle and fridge in room. Bus from Denizli-Selcuk (bus company Pamukkale) 31 tl (3 hours) or take train 15.5 tl. Train from Selcuk to Izmir airport (4.25 tl, 55 minutes). Train station is 10 minutes walking from hotel. Bus station is less than 5 minutes walking.

Really lovely stay!! The room was comfortable, clean, and the host owner/manager was very helpful in giving me recommendations on how to get to Bodrum after Selcuk, and on what to see in town! :)

Not a hostel - the dorm was closed a few months ago. But they let me stay in a triple room for the same fee. Let me checkin early for a small fee (5tl). Breakfast is amazing. Really really good. 5 min walking from the train station, walking distance from Ephesus. Family-owned with a very nice staff.

Great hostel. Wonderful staff!

i got a 2 twin-bed room with my friend. bathroom was large and clean. room was big enough for the two of us. owner was extremely nice and helpful with arranging an Ephesus tour. the attached restaurant/patio is great for hanging out as well. the breakfast is definitely better than most places i've been to.

The manager is responsible and patiently explain the facilities they offer. I am happy with my stay there. I would recommend this place to my friends.

Boomerang guest house was great. The room was really spacious and beds comfortable. There is no designated chill out area but they had no problems with us spending time in the restaurant garden. Breakfast was fantastic and staff were very helpful.

Very strategic location. Comfortable hostel. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Most of all,we love the chinese cuisine there very much.

Lovely little guesthouse with terrific and very hard-working owners. There were only a couple of us in the big shared room in the basement in off season so it felt spacious. Only concern is lack of a lock on the basement door. Breakfasts were perfect, eating in the patio in evenings was lovely too. Stayed an extra night. Was able to walk to Ephesus from there quite easily 45 min walk) and bus station is 5mins away, so a very good base to work from.

• 21st Oct 2015

Just a great find - this is how you run a hostel. Everything you need, good information, friendly staff, very communal and clean and great.

had a great time staying here and would definitely stay again. it would be nice to have lockers though. (big ones)

Amazing staff make this a wonderful place to stay, even going so far as to drop several of the guests at the top gate of Ephesus, saving a taxi trip. The garden restaurant is very peaceful and the food is decent and well-priced. Absolutely no complaints from me in regards to my stay.

Boomerang is in a terrific position - ideal for town, transport and the sites but just one street back so you are away from noise. It has a lovely, relaxing garden to enjoy a drink after a hard day's tourism. It is run by a Turkish/Australian/Chinese couple who are very kind and attentive. They really look after their guests and provide lots of inside information without any hard sell. This is a real home away from home. We enjoyed our stay at Boomerang.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendliest staff who made us feel welcome straight away! We were given tea, a map, wifi and anything else we needed. Although we stayed in a dorm of 12, it was spacious and we each had a single bed rather than a bunk, which was very comfortable. The location was perfect with the bus station, town, and the ruins all within walking distance. A filling included Turkish breakfast was enjoyed and a nice break from the usual bread & jam. Would stay here again!

The room in the basement felt so moist and have a weird smell bec of small windows. It was difficult to stay in the basement especially if you can sense spirits. Upstairs for a private room, the room was small and the bathroom was separate from the room. They offer a transport to the airport for $50 (TL 150) but I felt like I can find a cheaper taxi to go to the airport, i felt like the owner got offended when I said i may find a cheaper one but I decided to accept the offer. He said taxi is 175

The inside is plain, but it's very clean. The outside was beautiful. The restaurant and staff are absolutely fantastic. If you are looking for a clean and inexpensive place to stay... this place is wonderful!

Family owned. GREAT place to stay! Great people, both family and staff are very friendly and cool. Right across the street from the bus station that brings you into town. It's basically across the street from the train that takes you to the Izmir airport too. Also it seems to be the only place to get Chinese food in the region, which is a plus if you've had your fill of kebab. The restaurant is very ethnic and cool too. I'll stay here again.

This is a very well run family business. They know the meaning of customer service. They are centrally located right in town and very close to the bus station.. The garden setting where you can relax and eat is the best. I would whole heartedly recommend Boomerang John Wirth Bendigo Australia

It was a very pleasant short stay

• 6th Sep 2015