Boomerang Guesthouse Reviews

Atatürk mah.1047 Skak no 10, Selçuk, Izmir, Selcuk, Turkey

Staff was kind and helpful. They wanted us to relax and enjoy ourselves. 10 bed dorm was comfortable and no bunkbeds. However, they need lockers. Loved the music in the restaurant/common area!

I highly recommend this place!

Amazing hostel. Very welcoming staff who are knowledgeable about the area, and other areas of Turkey too. The only place I'd stay in Selcuk. Made my visit to this bland town (face it, not a lot other than Ephesus) a great memory.

The best place we stayed in Turkey. It is really close to the main bus stop, and a pleasant 3km or so tree lined walk to Ephesus. The family who run the guesthouse were incredibly friendly and accommodating. They even provided a guide book for Ephesus for us to borrow.

The people were friendly and very helpful. I left my phone and they sent it to me.

• 17th May 2014

We had a very good time in the guesthouse. The location is excellent which is just opposite to the bus station. The room is cosy and clean. We have booked on a private room with shared bathroom but the host gave us a private bathroom which is very clean. The breakfast is typical Turkish with tasty apple tea. The garden restaurant next to the guesthouse is also very nice. Staff are friendly. A good place to stay. Highly recommended.

Good. The owner is kind and speak english very well.

Nice location and nice building. Breakfast on the roof top terrace is included. 2 showers in a room of 10 beds

During our stay at Boomerang, me and my friends (group of 7) were very disappointed at the state of the dormitory. There was no heater and the being in the dorm feels like stepping into a freezer. The hot water is timer-based, as in it's not hot 24 hours a day. The staff is nowhere to be seen most of the time. In fact, the time that we actually see him is during our check in, breakfast, and checkout.

Good brekky, weak wifi, cold dorm. Staff were unwilling to provide extra blankets in the basement-located dorm, remarking that we could gather them from other beds if there were beds free.

Look it was ok, but if I had my time again I would go somewhere else. Dorm room was freezing and when we asked for more blankets the guy said to get them off the other beds (which were occupied by other people). I ended up sleeping in my coat. Not enough hot water for everyone. Sheets weren't changed very often. Manager wasn't overly friendly but if asked a direct question (eg where is this?) he would answer. Good location though and good breakfast.

very near with bus station. clean and perfect big dorm. bathroom attached with room. turkish style breakfast. high value for money

Good place to stay ;)

Very big dorm, beautiful building and garden, lovely breakfest! Bathroom ok. Helpful Staff, very friendly. Only negative points: sqeaky bets and very slow Internet. No lockers, but you can put small valuables in Safe at reception.

I wish there were lockers, but otherwise great place to stay. Walking distance to everything, and being across the street from the bus station helps too. Liked the breakfast too.

Staff are top notch here. Breakfast is awesome. The terrace is really nice, and the food is great at the restaurant next door (and we never felt pressured to order anything if we just wanted to hang out for a while). Shower heads in the big dorm could use a bit of a tune up. Very close to Ephesus. I would stay here again.

The staff was incredibly helpful and attentive, the place was clean and the atmosphere was enjoyable. We really enjoyed our time at Boomerang and would definitely go back!

• 12th Oct 2013

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The location was grand and the breakfast a delight.

The dorm room was downstairs in the basement. It was big and clean enough as we're the showers and toilets. The beds we're squeaky, no lock on the door and no lockers but we didn't have any problems with our belongings. Good walking distance to Ephesus about 30-45 min walk, there is a 25 lira entrance fee. Breakfast was sufficient, not buffet. The owner was a bit moody not so friendly sometimes. Wasn't willing to help out when we had problems like with the internet. They didn't reply to emails.

Fantastic guesthouse with a huge spacious dormitory room. Thanks for the vegemite!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7