Boomerang Guesthouse Reviews

Atatürk mah.1047 Skak no 10, Selçuk, Izmir, Selcuk, Turkey

We only stayed here for a single night, using Selcuk as a base to see Ephesus, but could easily have stayed longer. The family who run Boomerang could not have been more helpful or friendly. The dorm room does the job perfectly well without being luxurious, but the garden restaurant and bar is an oasis. Fantastic space to escape the heat, eat delicious home cooked food and meet fellow travellers. Highly recommended.

Atmosphere in restaurant is nice. Dorm has 2bathroom n clean but there is no locker.

The staff here are wonderful and the showers in the dorm are wonderful! I would definitely go back!

Staff was kind and helpful. They wanted us to relax and enjoy ourselves. 10 bed dorm was comfortable and no bunkbeds. However, they need lockers. Loved the music in the restaurant/common area!

Great Hostel! Great restaurant! It is a family business, and the atmosphere is very nice! Would definitely stay there again!

A very cute guesthouse. Nominally a hostel- just a big dorm in the basement, which is great. The room was nice, not too crowded feeling despite the number of bed. Clean bathrooms. They added an attached restaurant and the owner spend most of the time there, so heads up if not at the front desk. But can hang out there and it is a great place. Probably 2 minutes from bus station and 5 from the train station (though Selcuk is tiny anyways). Very relaxing and good atmosphere.

I highly recommend this place!

Amazing hostel. Very welcoming staff who are knowledgeable about the area, and other areas of Turkey too. The only place I'd stay in Selcuk. Made my visit to this bland town (face it, not a lot other than Ephesus) a great memory.

The best place we stayed in Turkey. It is really close to the main bus stop, and a pleasant 3km or so tree lined walk to Ephesus. The family who run the guesthouse were incredibly friendly and accommodating. They even provided a guide book for Ephesus for us to borrow.

The people were friendly and very helpful. I left my phone and they sent it to me.

• 17th May 2014

We had a very good time in the guesthouse. The location is excellent which is just opposite to the bus station. The room is cosy and clean. We have booked on a private room with shared bathroom but the host gave us a private bathroom which is very clean. The breakfast is typical Turkish with tasty apple tea. The garden restaurant next to the guesthouse is also very nice. Staff are friendly. A good place to stay. Highly recommended.

Good. The owner is kind and speak english very well.

Nice location and nice building. Breakfast on the roof top terrace is included. 2 showers in a room of 10 beds

During our stay at Boomerang, me and my friends (group of 7) were very disappointed at the state of the dormitory. There was no heater and the being in the dorm feels like stepping into a freezer. The hot water is timer-based, as in it's not hot 24 hours a day. The staff is nowhere to be seen most of the time. In fact, the time that we actually see him is during our check in, breakfast, and checkout.

Good brekky, weak wifi, cold dorm. Staff were unwilling to provide extra blankets in the basement-located dorm, remarking that we could gather them from other beds if there were beds free.

Look it was ok, but if I had my time again I would go somewhere else. Dorm room was freezing and when we asked for more blankets the guy said to get them off the other beds (which were occupied by other people). I ended up sleeping in my coat. Not enough hot water for everyone. Sheets weren't changed very often. Manager wasn't overly friendly but if asked a direct question (eg where is this?) he would answer. Good location though and good breakfast.

very near with bus station. clean and perfect big dorm. bathroom attached with room. turkish style breakfast. high value for money

Good place to stay ;)

Very big dorm, beautiful building and garden, lovely breakfest! Bathroom ok. Helpful Staff, very friendly. Only negative points: sqeaky bets and very slow Internet. No lockers, but you can put small valuables in Safe at reception.

I wish there were lockers, but otherwise great place to stay. Walking distance to everything, and being across the street from the bus station helps too. Liked the breakfast too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7