Boomerang Hostel Reviews

Lange Leemstraat 95, 200018, Antwerp, Belgium

Very nice and helpful staff, good kitchen. No lockers, charge for the linen and you can't lock your room, rooms are always open. Didn't have any issue with that during my stay though.

I stayed in a 12 dorm and there was no lockers, which I found quite weird. Also when I got to the hostel, I was charged 2,50 euros for bed sheet. I`ve been backpacking for 10 years and that was the first time I`ve ever heard about such a thing, would be better to just include in the price then. The building is very old, so it smells a bit. The toilets sometimes didin`t have toilet paper but the showers are okay.

Good reception and service. Toilets were messy/busy and one of them had no paper. One of the shower doors had no lock. Other than that, no problems whatsoever. :-)

• 19th Dec 2015

Great staff! They were very welcoming and helpful, spoke perfect English and even made a very sympathetic attempt at speaking Spanish! Totally recommend it if you're into meeting new people.

Staff make you fell like home.

There is a new receptionist, he is very friendly and he even speaks very well Dutch, I hope he will stay there for ever.

• 9th Dec 2015

Fantastic place to stay whilst in Antwerp. The warm, cosy atmosphere of the hostel was enhanced by the friendly staff and comforting environment. The living room and kitchen were the hostels best aspects. Beds were standard hostel size and comfort.

First of all it could do with a sign outside..easy to miss, it's fairly noisy, staff downstairs partying, but it does have a homely feel...wifi is good...Unfortunately there are not enough plug sockets, toilets or showers...The whole place needs some TLC as everywhere looks drab and unloved, it's ok for the price but wouldn't choose to stay here again.

The hostel is really nice, I particularly liked the atmosphere, even though the common room is quite small. I think the price was a bit expensive. and it would have been nice to have a pillow.

Very friendly staff and welcoming enviroment. My only problem was I was given a locker that it was in another dorm room.

We enjoyed our stay. Security could be improved, virtually anyone can walk in the building. Kitchen is very dirty and small. But the dorm was nice and quite clean and the place had a good atmosphere.

Very nice place, good people who seem to enjoy what they're doing. It's not far from the center, the kitchen is fine, the beds are ok, the place is clean and the common room is cosy. I only have one suggestion: there should be something in the showers, hooks and / or shelves so that we can bring some belongings inside... There is nothing at all and it's not very convenient! But this is only a detail...

Everything was fine, except for the clean sheets. A bit tricky to find(missing sign, you need to know the number of the street). Atmosphere was great.

Boomerang Hostel is exactly what it says... cosy, everyone is welcome, you get what you pay for, but the building definitely is beautiful with basic beds/bathrooms/kitchen but it's a bargain, so who complains! The hostel manager, I can't think of his name, but he is super friendly, very easy going which when your travelling is what you need, I had to wait about 45 minutes to check in on Saturday night as a few bookings went wrong, but his personality and calmness made it no hassle at all.

I enjoyed my stay at Boomerang hostel.

We had an amazing time in this hostel. The staff were really friendly, the communal rooms were cosy and it was about a ten to fifteen minute walk to both the inner city and the central station. If we ever go to Antwerp again we will be back!

We a awesome stay. I am very happy that I choose this hostel to celabrate my birthday! Staff was very good, and the living room room really is a plus.

• 31st Oct 2015

I hated that we didnt have keys to locker the room, so anybody could enter in any room if they wanted... The bathroom (men and women used) had only 2 showers so it was a little bit disturbing, because everytime there was someone there... I think the location is not that great either, because you have to walk for at least 15 minutes to get to the center and I being a female I didnt feel secured walking in the street where the hostel is, specially at night. I think its not worth it.

The whole hostel had a great atmosphere with amazing staff. While everything was fairly basic, it didn't matter- I spent a very pleasant evening and met some brilliant people.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Staff was friendly except for the girl that checked us in. Would be nice if she smiled more :-) And we couldn't pay by card, only cash. Apart from that, the hostel has a nice atmosphere and toilets were clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4