Boomerang Hostel Reviews

Lange Leemstraat 95, 200018, Antwerp, Belgium

It is what it is.

Oh my where should I start??? The staff was friendly and helpfull. BUT they smoked everywhere! The hostel really stinks like hell. I fellt a sleep in a room smelling like an old dirty pub filled with smoke! The bathrooms were horrible, it was hard to lock the doors to the showers and toilets. It was very hard to turn on the light to the male toilet, and impossible to switch the light off. It took like 30 minuttes to get internet connection... The worst hostel I ever stayed in.

Overall nice hostel. Clean bathroom. But only 1 toliet seems not enough. Location is fair because I walk to the hostel from central staion. Nice atmosphere. I live the living room. People are welcomed to use to kitcken. However, the door is quite "noisy" when we close it. I always afriad "waking " others up while opening the door.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

The location is allright, apart from that its a very basic simple hostel obviously focusing on the very low budget market. The toilets are not so clean (door could not be closed), the smell of the sanitary part easily reached the bedroom, the slatteds were not straight anymore. Yet again, 12 euros in Belgium is below the average, so you get what you pay for. 15 minute walk from the central station.

Staying at the Boomerang was a great experience. We only stayed for one night but had a great time. We used some of the complimentary maps from the lobby and also enjoyed the very inexpensive breakfast in the morning. The wifi was a little slow and on our room didn't have many outlets but overall it was still a very enjoyable time.

• 9th Oct 2014

I stayed for one night and it was worth the money. Simple and suitable for cheap short term stay, around 20 minutes by walk to the city centre. Place was clean and staff friendly. I can only recommend the hostel when you visit Antwerp.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Slovakia

The Asian girl that works in the morning is really nice. The breakfast is OK, nothing special. I really liked the atmosphere in this hostel, so quiet. I enjoyed it. I think it has really great value for money. I recommend it.

I had an wonderful time there :)

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Romania

If I had not been so tired when I got there, I might have thought twice, but as it was, I was just glad of the bed. I had to keep all of my valuables on me as I slept. The owner discouraged me from going out after 6 as the shops were closing o_O I passed up on the shower because I was alone and didn't want to leave my stuff alone and had to lift the toilet door into place.

No lockers, few power plugs, very limited bathroom facilities.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Don't pay for bed linens. The beds already have basic linens on them. Other than that they could use better signage out front. But overall cheap and not a bad place to stay.

Pretty basic hostel, good for the cost. Clean rooms and facilities, not super close to the center but a good 20 minute walk. I'd recommend this hostel!

You get what you pay for, right? The showers were good but it was basically a bunch of beds thrown into an old building, hard to find and a walk away from the center of town, especially with a large backpack. It wasn't the cleanest place and they do charge for sheets (contrary to a different comment). It was okay, but if given the choice I probably wouldn't stay there again.

lockers would be appreciated. and something to hang your clean and dry clothes when having a shower.

The only thing that really worth, besides the low price, it was breakfast

• 12th Sep 2014

Justified by the price. not particularly good but good enough for a night.

The staff was just one person that would check every reservation on a piece of paper. Checking in took an eternity. The place was dirty. My sheet had a white stain that I prefer not to think what was it. It is far from the center, so the walk back took a lot of time. On the morning we ran out of hot water, so the shower had to be cold. Wifi had a list of 20 users and password. You should keep trying one until you get one that is vacant, after the 5th try, I gave up and turned on the 3g roaming.

Not really easy to find, but very homey hostel. Cheap beer and near the main spots in Antwerp.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • lucasmdo

Very nice atmosphere, super nice service, beds are not quite comfortable but overall it's a nice hostel, 15 mins walk from the Station.

High speed wifi