Boomerang Hostel Reviews

Lange Leemstraat 95, 200018, Antwerp, Belgium

it is perfectly fine for one night and for so little money you can't and don't expect too much

Super kind people there! The place is not very nice but, for what we pay is perfect!!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Got bed bugs here!!!! About the only hostel in Antwerp but be careful cause you'll be itching!! Plus they didn't even give us a map

Well, first impact was devastating. It is all but a clean, aseptic hotel-like place. Quite far a walk from the center, even more distant from central station. These being all the cons, when the shock is gone you'll appreciate the friendliness of the staff, the common room from the 70's, the stories of other backpackers who like you chose this place because it was the cheapest. You get far more than you pay for. It felt like a family and I ended up missing the place when I was gone.

Things I liked are: cheap, nice atmosphere, staff nice and helpful and breakfast cheap and good :) Things I didn't like are: far away from the centre and that is not clean in general. The common area is nice but they haven't properly cleaned it in years. There's dust everywhere and everything just looks super dirty, like they only sweep it quickly from time to time but not seriously clean AT ALL, same thing with duvets, pillows and showers!! They were terribly dirty the whole time I was there.

Very Basic. Get what you paid for. A bed and a roof. Spend the little extra and go to a hostel closer to the centre and that actually has soap in the toilets, adequate lights in the showers and that doesn't charge you €2.50 for sheets

We loved our stay here and would definitely stay again. It's walking distance from all the main attractions and central station, the internet works very well and the bedrooms are fine. We stayed in a 12 people feminine dorm and didn't have major problems with any noise or safety. All the staff were very nice and ready to help and the breakfast is amazing, especially considering its price! There's no need to be afraid because of the price, you get more than what you pay for. Super recommended!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

bit difficult for me to find this hostel, in fact this hostel is soo far away by foot from lang leemstraat tram station. they have standard facilities, but one thing that make me not comfortable is the toilet (in 2nd floor), the door is broken, i almost got locked inside. i tried for about more than 10 mins to open the door from inside. indeed its really scary being locked in a such small toilet. But beside that, everything went well, i like the staff, she is very nice and helpful!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

Very nice and cosy hostel, friendly and social place

The common area was very nice and it was easy to meet people. The rooms were normal but clean. I have no negative comments, but it was remarkable either. I didn't take the breakfast, but it was very extensive for 2.5 euros.

I was worried when I read past reviews but I actually had a great time! Amazing value for money, relaxed vibe, great location and all the facilities you need. The 12 bed dorm was not noisy or crowded and the staff were helpful and friendly. I'd go back!

In general this hostel is good, but you have to pay 2,50 euros for the linen, and the bed is not comfy at all. The relaxed ambience of the lounge is something you rarely find in other hostels.

Would definitely recommend. Excellent value for money, friendly and accommodating staff.

Good to sleep in

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

I don't know what all the bad ratings are for. Originally going in, my friends and I were skeptical due to the reviews however we had a great time ! The staff were lovely, the place was clean. There aren't individual lockers, however everything that needs to be kept safe can be kept in a large locker room which only staff have access to. The crowd of people and the ambiance of the hostel as a whole was amazing !

• 24th Jul 2014

If you have a problem with smoke, this might not be the place for you, as the smoking area is between reception and the door, but if that's not a problem for you Boomerang is a pretty cozy place with lots of comfy couches in the reception area/ common room.

the female dorm was clean and nice

This place was very...rustic; but I met up with a lot of cool people and ultimately just needed a bed and a roof over my head. Nice bathrooms, comfortable beds, and a nice communal chill area.

Not the best stay, but you get what you pay for! Could only survived 1 night!

It's great place for travelers who don't want to spend a lot. I was there for four days and felt safe but you don't have anywhere secure to put your valuables besides a communal room that can only be opened by staff. About a 15 minute walk from the central station. Overall a decent experience with this place.

• 17th Jul 2014