Boomerang Hostel Reviews

Lange Leemstraat 95, 200018, Antwerp, Belgium

You can only pay cash upon arrival which seems a bit dodgy. There were no locks on doors in rooms or the entrance so anyone can just walk in. The wifi only worked downstairs. There's no elevators so if you have a big luggage, and your room in on the 5th floor, it's a proper workout.

Probably the strangest hostel I've been too. Staff was very nice and there was a full kitchen to use. Only one bathroom and 3 shower stalls per floor & there was no security whatsoever. Anyone could walk in. The commons area was very comfortable. Wifi was free. Breakfast was cheap but still not worth the money. Good if you need a place to crash for a few nights.

Overall, I have a poor impression of this hostel. Positives: common area, kitchen and a comfortable bed. Negatives: It didn't feel safe! (nothing was ever locked- not even the front door). The hostel has a sewage problem so the entire downstairs smelled of raw sewage. The showers were dirty and there was only one toilet for men- the queue was so long, I was never able to use it! I would not recommend that people stay here unless they really can't afford anything else.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I've never been to a cozy and lovely hostel like this! The hosts were amazing and I had a really good time in Antwerp!

No keys to the hostel, to the room, to any of the lockers... So not sure how secure it is, also the bathrooms reaked of egg yolks or something but this was made up for by the staff and common area. The woman staff was forgetful and made me come down twice to get sheets (which aren't included), but the two guys I met were amazing and super helpful about what to do in Antwerp and when wishing me on my way.

only two toilets one for male and one for female in entire building, washrooms condition was horrible. Sheets were not clean. Only sockets to charge mobile or laptop in the room of eight person. Breakfast is really really poor.

• 12th Aug 2015

Perfectly acceptable no-frills hostel. Not many plugs in the room (only 1 in a 12+ bed room) but plenty in the common room. Kitchen was useful, staff and guests did smoke in the lobby but couldn't really smell it on the second floor rooms.

Atmosphere was fantastic. Facilities and security was extremely ordinary. Luckily it was cheap so overall i'd recommend staying here.

It was my second stay in this hostel. I simply loved the athmosphere in the common room during my first stay thatswhy I came back. However, during my second stay I made another experience with the easy going atmosphere in this hostel. My dorm and my bed where shown to me by hostel staff. So I took that bed. In the middle of the night I have been woken up by another traveller shouting at me that I am sleeping in his bed. So hostel staff mixed up bookings and had more guests than free beds.

Wanna save? It's perfect, you get what you've paid for. 1 wc :/ and 3 showers :) per floor not "super clean". Clean sheets but someone had hard time (or hard "period" if you get the meaning) on my bed, there was a nice spot on my mattress, flipped it over and... huge spot D: The common room at ground floor is cool though and people is nice. Little money and a lot of guts? it's your hostel!

At 2am in the morning I stumbled into the hostel, then up the stairs and then into my dorm room but at no time did I need to open a door. Also this became more disconcerting when I was told that they didn’t have keys for any of the lockers in the room. If your in Antwerp for a good time then this is a good place to stay, provided you don’t have any bags or important documents and you have organised the exact change to pay for your room, (no card and hardly have any change).

I think they need more organisation in the hostel but it's a nice place to stay.

the atmosphere the price perfeeeect!

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Morocco

Excellent hostel for the price! Breakfast was only 2.50 extra and it was great! Great hostel feel to this place, would recommend for anyone visiting on a budget

I only stayed one night but enjoyed the atmosphere, the park nearby is cool and it's an easy city to get around. Staff were helpful although the woman on the desk seemed fed up. She should smile more :D

Great value and kind staff in a nice building. Front door and rooms always unlocked but lockers were available.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A good place whoch gives you the value for its money

Anna at reception was very kind and helpful. I've never been to a hostel where the staff show you the room and offer to help carry your bags up the stairs. The service is what one gets in a hotel. Enjoyed my time there and would definitely stay there again.

Staff were really friendly, great location-easy to travel round. Has a kitchen and hobs you can use!

The vibe and staff really made this hostel. The 12 bed room I was in was very squishy and you weren't given a key to lock the door also the toilets ran out of toilet paper pretty quickly. The showers were fine and stayed warm. Otherwise the kitchen was handy, common room welcoming, and the lovely lady who worked way too much really brings the rating up. I would stay here again for sure.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6