Boomerang Hostel Reviews

Lange Leemstraat 95, 200018, Antwerp, Belgium

I got bug bight during both nights of stay at bloomerang. They really need to do some serious cleaning or st least use some insecticide!

You get what you pay for. If low pricing is your priority and you only need a place to sleep, consider Boomerang.

Atmosphere

Very different to any other hostel ive stayed in, more like a big house, good use of kitchen, rooms are big, matresses lityle worn. Most people are on laptops/tablets, hard 2strike conversation, none the less oportunkty is there when people wanna talk.

The hostel is very cheap and that is what one should expect from the facilities. 12 beds rooms did not have the lockers nor the doors could be closed. Breakfast however was nicely served in a common room. The hostel provides wifi, but in a very sophisticated way, one must choose a login and password from the list and try, if nobody has chosen that one, you will succeed. The hostel suits best for large groups.

Amazing staff, very friendly and felt good to stay there.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Bedbugs :(

• 25th Oct 2014

Stayed for two nights. It was great if you don't have high expectations. Bathrooms were clean and beds were comfy

The woman who ran the hostel was very rude, and the communal area felt like it was her living room rather than a hostel living space. The only security you get for your luggage is in a small cleaning closet that is kept under lock and key...but you can only get to your luggage with the mean woman standing over your shoulder literally rushes you to get your stuff. direct quote 'you take too long.' no locks on the doors and while showering she opened the bathroom door just to see what we were doin

It is what it is.

Oh my where should I start??? The staff was friendly and helpfull. BUT they smoked everywhere! The hostel really stinks like hell. I fellt a sleep in a room smelling like an old dirty pub filled with smoke! The bathrooms were horrible, it was hard to lock the doors to the showers and toilets. It was very hard to turn on the light to the male toilet, and impossible to switch the light off. It took like 30 minuttes to get internet connection... The worst hostel I ever stayed in.

Overall nice hostel. Clean bathroom. But only 1 toliet seems not enough. Location is fair because I walk to the hostel from central staion. Nice atmosphere. I live the living room. People are welcomed to use to kitcken. However, the door is quite "noisy" when we close it. I always afriad "waking " others up while opening the door.

The location is allright, apart from that its a very basic simple hostel obviously focusing on the very low budget market. The toilets are not so clean (door could not be closed), the smell of the sanitary part easily reached the bedroom, the slatteds were not straight anymore. Yet again, 12 euros in Belgium is below the average, so you get what you pay for. 15 minute walk from the central station.

I guess for Antwerp it was a good price for what we got. I'm not horribly picky though. The main hang out room was nice but the people didn't seem very interested in socializing so it was a bit awkward. That does just depend on the crowd I suppose. Overall it offered a place to sleep and shower and that's really all we needed. The breakfast for an additional 2.50€ was nice, offering toast and different spreads, cereals and milk, water, tea and coffee, and maybe some juice.

• 10th Oct 2014

Staying at the Boomerang was a great experience. We only stayed for one night but had a great time. We used some of the complimentary maps from the lobby and also enjoyed the very inexpensive breakfast in the morning. The wifi was a little slow and on our room didn't have many outlets but overall it was still a very enjoyable time.

• 9th Oct 2014

I stayed for one night and it was worth the money. Simple and suitable for cheap short term stay, around 20 minutes by walk to the city centre. Place was clean and staff friendly. I can only recommend the hostel when you visit Antwerp.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Slovakia

The Asian girl that works in the morning is really nice. The breakfast is OK, nothing special. I really liked the atmosphere in this hostel, so quiet. I enjoyed it. I think it has really great value for money. I recommend it.

I had an wonderful time there :)

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Romania

If I had not been so tired when I got there, I might have thought twice, but as it was, I was just glad of the bed. I had to keep all of my valuables on me as I slept. The owner discouraged me from going out after 6 as the shops were closing o_O I passed up on the shower because I was alone and didn't want to leave my stuff alone and had to lift the toilet door into place.

No lockers, few power plugs, very limited bathroom facilities.

• 17th Sep 2014