Boomerang Hostel Reviews

Lange Leemstraat 95, 200018, Antwerp, Belgium

it's not the best hostel I have stayed in but at 10 euro's a night it is great. The staff were helpful and friendly. It's only a 10 minute walk from central station and it has a fantastic common area which is great to meet people. The only things that let it down were the lack of places to charge electricals (none in the rooms at all, only the common area) and no lockers.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Scotland

Bit of confusion over our reservation, after that was soted the place was excellent and really enjoyed my stay.

• 23rd May 2015

good money-value balance! Showers and rooms look like you expect it for the money, but good and cheap breakfast, very friendly staff and awesome reception/ living room to meet up with new people.

Most of the things were just badly organized; no lockers available in the rooms, no locks for the rooms themselves, all the power outlets were inconveniently situated in one corner of the room etc. Overall OK for the price, but definitely not the best hostel I’ve been to!

It wasn't clear the price still to pay after I'd pay you. Can you explain it to me please?

• 22nd May 2015

Really friendly and helpful staff! Couldn't have make it to our bus station without their help. While the bathroom is not very pleasant to use but everywhere was clean. Bed was a little too soft but for the price we paid it was quite worth it. Probably the cheapest in town. We stayed on a Monday night so the hostel was really quiet.

The hostel has a nice environment! The bedroom was fine not too big but not too small. The showers had no hangers and no place to put our clothes so that was a bit weird. The breakfast was really good but not enough space for everyone to sit. No keys which made me feel a bit unsafe and the lockers in the room did not work... A bit out of the city center but perfectly doable by foot!

The lugagge room was not available the exact day we needed it.

Nice hostel but you had a book of different wifi usernames and passwords that you constantly had to put in. And if someone was already using that one you just had to pick and choose randomly. No lockers or room locks either

Honestly, the common areas are dirty and messy. Smoking is allowed in entrance hall, so you get passivate smoking all the time and tobacco smells everywhere. Good things are, that rooms were clean and beds good. Atmosphere is friendly and that make it is easy to make new friends in living room. Hostell is also near centrum. There is no keys to the rooms, doors are always open but the main door is always closed.

Friendly staff, cosy atmosphere, clean, good location - walking distance from city centre and station

• 15th May 2015

the common room with a ceiling heigt of five metres with stucco and curbed illumination as well as cosy sofas and longe music is very special. I loved the atmosphere. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The air in the dorms have been sticky. You are unable to open the windows widely. Furtermore, lockes were out of order.

You get what you paid for. It's the cheapest hostel in Antwerp then do not have many expectations from this place. It's ok if you are in a hurry and want a place to stay one night

For the price it was a good place to stay, the only problems I had was there was only one outlet for a room of 12 and the walls were paper thin so it was a little hard to sleep. But overall I was happy with my stay, the staff were friendly and the washrooms and showers were clean!

• 13th May 2015

Cheap place. A bit far out from the city. No locks on room door. Friendly staff. Don't expect anything fancy.

An average hostel about 15mins walk from Antwerpen Centraal. The staff are very friendly, hospitable and accessible, the wi-fi was good, the rooms, bathrooms and toilets are all fairly clean. My gripes were that we weren't able to use the room lockers and there are no locks on dorm doors. There was, however, a baggage store room that is only accessible through staff. Bad powerpoint to bed ratio, and all inconveniently located by a lock-less door. All in all it was ok value for money.

Rubbish! They don't wash the bed sheets. Not enough power points. Very dirty all over the hostel.

Very good value for money. Good location, friendly staff. Great that we could stay in one room as a group

• 1st May 2015

The hostel is 15 mins from the central train station, in a quiet neighbourhood. The room and bathroom were clean, new toilets, showers, and beds. I liked the mattress 'cos it was nice and firm. The lady working there was very friendly and there if I needed anything which was great. The rooms don't have lockers but there is a locker room which can be used daily and for free. All in all it was a good stay. I also liked the fact that it wasn't expensive.

Clean and very friendly hostel, quite central, walking distance from the main train station, free wi-fi. Clean toilets, powerful and hot showers (it would be nice to have at least one hook in the shower cubicle, though). I was surprised rooms haven't a lock but nothing of my stuff went missing. A breakfast was available for 2.50 euro but I didn't use this service nor the kitchen so I don't know how they were.

« first « Prev 1 2 3