Boomerang Hotel Reviews

Mohamed Farid Street, Luxor, Luxor, Egypt

Amazing hostel! I've travelled almost 50 countries and Egyptian people are my least favourite people, unfortunately the majority I met were aggressive, lazy and lacking common sense! Fortunately this hostel is run by an amazing Australian lady who did a perfect job at running the hostel! Thanks for having me ,amazing breakfast, tours and environment :)

Doubt i could recommend this place too highly. The staff were excellent and immediately helpful with maps and advice. The breakfast was great value for money and certainly the best one i had in all the places i stayed. I would definitely stay here again if i went back, one to note, if you do book and dow load directions it seemed that the bob Marley and boomerang hostel were the same thing - follow the massive sign posts they've put up from the train st.

I had a very pleasant stay at Boomerang Hotel! After some bad experiences in Cairo and Aswan, I felt really fine at the hotel. Location is great, Mia and her husband are very kind and attentive, room and bathroom are spacious and always clean and breakfast (just 15 EGP) is very good. They also arrange tours to the West and East Bank for a fair price and the hotel has a nice rooftop for a beer at the end of the day, with free wifi throughout the building.

Speaking for our whole group we can say our stay @ Boomerang was perfect, starting with the very beginning when we felt really well attended by the owner, to the great ambient @ the roof, friendly and helpful staff and perfect location, totally recommended

Excellent place. Boomerang is one of the best budget options you can find. It is obvious that a lot of care is put into keeping Boomerang nice. Rooms are tidy, facilities are clean and well kept. The daily breakfast is great. The staff are friendly and straightforward. There is really nothing negative to say about this place. It raises the standard for budget/backpacker/hostel options in Egypt. Volunteer at the hostel in exchange for a hot air balloon ride at dawn? my idea. ;)

• 1st Dec 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Its SUPER clean and my room had its own balcony, it was awesome. The roof top too is awesome and a great place to meet people. Honestly, this is the first review I've ever taken the time to write about somewhere I've stayed and its because this place deserves it. And Mia, the owner from Australia is awesome, she can organize any trips you want to make and doesn't try and rip you off, which is a refreshing change in Egypt.

• 26th Nov 2014

Excellent hostel!! 5 stars! Mia and Mohammed were fantastic hosts with their warm hospitality helpfulness and honest recommendations. The hostel is extremely clean, organized and most importantly, peaceful! The rooftop garden provides a little piece of heaven where you can relax, have a drink and meet other travelers. The breakfast is bountiful and the wifi is fast. All in all, don't be surprise if you happen to stay longer than you intended too. Best hostel I stayed at in a long time!!

The service was great, the staff was helpful with the local tour and all information. The rooms were nice, good breakfast included, and the place is super near to the train station

Boomerang is in the same building as the Bob Marley. Boomerang has a very nice roof top, where you can hang out with the guests, swap stories and eat dinner. Don't forget to book the hot air balloon ride. it's the cheapest you can find in Luxor. It's close to Luxor Temple, train station, supermarkets and restaurants. There's a night club adjacent to the hostel.

Excellent hostel right near the train station. Great roof top terrace to chill out over a beer after a hot day touring the sights. Easy to meet fellow travellers. Mohammed and Mia do a superb free pick up service from the bus or train station. Top value. Thanks

• 13th Nov 2014

Great hostel! Staff are extremely helpful,Very clean, confortable beds, lockers, and very cheap! The price of the tours wich are organiised by the hostels are fair, no need to bargain. Water (3 EGP) and Breakfast (10 EGP) are also very cheap The staff is very friendly. The rooftop garden really makes the difference : it s very nice to chill there after the hassle you can experience in the city.

• 12th Nov 2014

By far the best place I stayed in Egypt- price, atmosphere, tours, breakfast, the whole package. Can't recommend enough. Omar was the main man running things and he made everything smooth and easy. Definitely visit!

• 9th Nov 2014

One of the best I have stayed in.

BOB MARLEY HTL & boomerang is the cheapest & cleanest ever. Great tours & guides, brilliant breakfast!! I t first went to the wrong HTL beware bob marley has moved to a better place. New ppl try to keep old bob marley location be careful bob marley is near the train station not on TV st.

Great little hostel. Very friendly, informative, helpful.

Great breakfast, convenient location and superior attention to cleanliness. You're sure to feel at home right from the start.

• 1st Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in by far. It's owned and run by an Australian woman which really shows in the level of cleanliness of the rooms and facilities. Spotlessly clean, beds are like new, air con, secure. The rooftop bar is so nice to relax in. Right in the center of town so perfect location. Price is unbelievably cheap for what it is. Highly recommend. I was tempted to stay longer in Luxor just to enjoy the hostel a little longer.

I have spent a excellent week in a very friendly atmosphere. I liked very much that the place was clean and the staff was helpful. The place is very near to the train station but It took me a little to find it when i arrived in Luxor because Google Maps points other street in that area.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Romania

A fantastic hostel - spotlessly clean, nice rooms, great breakfast, unlimited hot water, and the staff incredibly helpful. I also booked my tours through the hostel, and they were all well-organized and very reasonably priced. I was very happy with everything, and will definitely stay again if I travel to iuxor again.

• 20th Sep 2014

I have traveled about 35 countries all over the world, but seriously this is my best hostel of all. everything is clean spotlessly, the bed is comfy, breakfast is very nice, and the staff is funny! I wish I could stay there longer!! Thank you !! :)