Boomerang Hotel Reviews

Mohamed Farid Street, Luxor, Luxor, Egypt

I never expected such quality for the low price I pay. breakfast only 10 Egyptian pounds and was so much food. tours so cheap 35 to west bank and balloon was 220!! staff very friendly anything I need help with they help Also have chinese writing for us!! very much thank you

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

The location is really good it's closer of train station, market, banks and 10 min walk to luxor temple. The breakfast served on hostel was great, the bed was confortable and the room very clean.

Cheap rooms.. the cheapest being 25le!! breakfast is eggs, beef, chicken, pancakes, salads, coffee, tea, juice and fruit.... all for only 10le!! the tour to the west bank is only 35le balloon for 220le!!! you could not ask for better or cheaper. Roof top you can relax on with music playing constantly.. peace The only issue is watch out or those at the train station.. so annoying

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Austria

Mia, the owner, is the best. Amazing customer experience..Great location, close to Luxor temple, and the nile. Really clean, great roof. Always plan the activities through Mia, she has contacts which can save you tons of money instead of booking activities through somewhere else.

Excellent hostel right near the train station. Great roof top terrace to chill out over a beer after a hot day touring the sights. Easy to meet fellow travellers. Mohammed and Mia do a superb free pick up service from the bus or train station. Top value.

Excellent location, very friendly staff, clean, secure. Everything was wonderful. I highly recommend this place.

The Hostel is a 10-15 min straight walk from Luxor Temple (You follow one road all the way).I stayed in a dorm room which was clean & presentable with great working AC.They have a roof terrace which is nice for chilling out, free breakfast & cheap tours; I payed £6 (UK) for a 5 hour tour of the Valley of the Kings (excluding ticket price), which is value for money.The wifi was also super & computers are available if you haven't brought your laptop or android etc.Definitely stay here!

Thanks for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed it here and we are also happy that we got to share a 21st with you. All the best in the future

The best place in all of Egypt. I stayed in Alexandria, and Cairo, which the hostels had very bad staff. So, I was not expecting anything better here in Luxur, but to my surprise it was the best place. The Staff is really outstanding, they did not overcharge me for anything not even water. For tours we got charge a lot less than other people that were on the same tour. The rooms are so, so clean and have AC, and a balcony. The location is fantastic too! Walking distance from everything!!

Thank you for your nice review. We appreciate it and are happy you enjoyed yoru time with us

Fantastic, Mia and staff so welcoming and helpful. Mia organised a car and driver for us, plus airport transfer. She packed a breakfast pack for us for our early morning start to the Valley of the Kings etc. Room was comfortable and clean, bathroom, breakfast and reception spotless. I would recommend the Boomerang. Thanks

Ladies, Thank you for the lovely review. We really appreciate it. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here.

Wow! This was an amazing hostel, steps away from the train station and near the VERY tasty Sofra restaurant. The tour they set us up on to see Valley of the Kings was incredible and with a very reputable (written up in Lonely Planet) guide Aladdin! The facilities are out of this world and they keep it super clean. The rooftop bar is a much needed escape from the tourism hungry people of Luxor.

Thanks for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed the tour and we are especially happy that you enjoyed the roof. happy travel

Fantastic hostel, with a great atmosphere, security (main door locked), a very helpful staff and great facilities (roof terrace, wifi at every floor, 3 computers). The hotel propose tours with good prices (west bank, banana island, Denderah...). I highly recommend it! Only "problem": the "shared bathroom" rooms have no A/C, only the ensuite rooms has it. After a night of no sleeping because of the heat, I asked to change room and got one with A/C. Be careful when you book!

Thank you for the review. We are happy that you like the place and we are very happy that you allowed us to upgrade you to an Aircon room. The only rooms without air con are the single rooms-fan only. or dorm-fan only these are the cheapest rooms. We offer single and dorm rooms with Aircon. Please ensure you are booking the correct room.

Omar, the guy running the front desk, is perhaps the best hotel staff I have come across in all my travels. His interests were aligned with our interests - he helped us get cheap food and told us the best way to travel to Karnak. He was attentive and great. This hotel is also excellent. One of the cleanest Ive ever stayed in. Fantastic roof top area to chill out and good breakfast. EXCELLENT value for money. I don't know why you would stay anywhere else in Luxor.

Thank you for your review. We are always glad to hear that our staff are very helpful. Thanks again for the great review

Great beds, very comfortable, the staff is friendly and helps organizing trips

Thank you for the review. All the best for the future travels

Don't worry for half day trip to West Bank as the staff will offer you immediately after checking in and they will tell you what time to wake up, take shower, have breakfast and leave. The driver of the airport transport may also tell you his car is not allowed to pass through the guard, but you may find out that he just wants to save LE5 and you have to walk a distance with your backpack.

Thank you for your review. We advise you what time the tour is departing so that you do not hold up other, we apologise if it bothered you that we wish ALL our guests to enjoy their tours and experiences with us. The drivers we provide from the hotel must all give me ( MIA, owner) the airport tickets when they return. In future it may be better when I offer you a driver, to take it thus avoiding an awkward situation. We advise and assist guests as much as we can, it is your right to take our advice or to leave it. Inshallah future travel will be better as you may take advice offered.

We stayed there for around one week. It was really nice, especially the breaketfast. The loacation is in the city center Although it was a little bit noisy, it is very convienvient. Nice and worthy!

• 6th Apr 2013
  • China

Thank you for the review. Happy you liked the hotel. In this weather Egypt comes to life at night. The day is too hot for children to play so out they come when the sun is cooler.

This is a great hostel located just a few minutes from the town center. The staff, especially Omar, are very helpful and will arrange tours, cars, etc. for you, plus they'll make sure you don't get scammed or hassled by your tour operators. The dorm was perfectly fine with decent showers. The rooftop was an awesome place to lounge and meet others in the evening. Breakfast is 15LE ($2.50USd) and definitely worth it, and the West Bank tour for 65LE is a great deal and worth doing.

Thank you for your review we appreciate the time.

One of my favourite hostels in Egypt. Looks kind of dingy from the outside, but friendly helpful staff, lovely room, amazon buffet breakfast an a beatiful rooftop terrace where you can chill out and drink/smoke. They let me leave my stuff there and use all the facilities after checkout an before my train.

Thanks for the review. Looks dingy?!?! The outside of the building has creeping plants with flowers to the first floor. The signs are new And the building is covered in small green stones. The building has been refurbished on the outside unlike most buildings within luxor. We are very happy you liked our service here and we welcome your return

Everything was perfect!

thank you!!!

Wow! 11/10! Safe, Secure, Clean. Central but quiet enough to sleep. Beautiful simple atmospheric balconied rooms. Only 10 minutes from station, Nile & Luxor Museum. Outstanding breakfast. 2minutes from ‘Sofra’ ~ Luxor’s best restaurant. Superb Hot showers and roof chillout space. Cheery affable helpful staff (Omar & Mohamed 'Thank You!'). My Mum would have stopped worrying if she’d have seen it ~ Brilliant Place! And Egypt dear Egypt THANK YOU. Your sights, sounds, stories & people thrilled me.

Thank you for the great review. It was great to have you the first time.. and great when you came back! Also I appreciate the emails you sent. They were very heartwarming and filled me with pride.

Oasis in the desert.. this is the best hostel I ever stayed. For 15 LE you get a great breakfast, buffet with cereal, yoghurt, jam, fruit, juice, lot of jam...panqueque or omelette. They have a roof when you can finish a very tiring journey with an excellent very cold beer or shisha, the perfect place to met people. Everithing is very clean (strange in Egipt) and youy have lots of bathroom to choose. I really want to thanks boomerang hostel, Omar and staff for making my stay in Luxor so pleasant

You are very welcome as is your review. We have now added 2 outdoor air-conditioners to the roof for added comfort.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7