Boomerang Hotel Reviews

Mohamed Farid Street, Luxor, Luxor, Egypt

Excellent hostel with everything you need. The sign posts are great but when you stay at Boomerang you really need to know that Boomerang and Bob Marley are the same place. We didn't. The overloud Aussie (we are from Australia too) that runs the place is just too loud. Her argument with her husband was just annoying otherwise excellent place with brilliant tours (to West Bank)

Thank you for the review. The "argument" that you speak of was after you checked in during the day. My husband & I arguing with a taxi driver trying to scam more money from some of our guests. We apologise if us fighting for our guests rights disturbed you & that you think Im loud, however, in a country where tourists are seen only as $$ sometimes one needs to be loud to get a point accross & defend unaware tourists. Our reputation is we fight for our guests rights & always will.

perfect i wanted to live here for a month

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Stayed two nights at the Boomerang hostel. Mia, the owner, is a personable and very cool Italian -Aussie lady. She was very helpful. The rooms were spartan but clean. The hostel also organize various daily tour. I did the West Bank tour and it was better than going by myself.

This hostel was the best thing in Egypt. It was literally the only place I could go and not be harassed for money. The signs to the Boomerang Bob Marley hostel begin from the train station and lead right to building, so a map or directions aren't necessary. The rooftop is very relaxed, and the drinks/breakfast/water are well priced. The place is cleaned daily, and is kept secure with a manned desk. The hostess was very helpful with her advice, and helped me save a lot of money.

Great hostel with really helpful staff, really easy to book tours and some great tips of what to see and do in Luxor

Boomerang hostel was an absolute Oasis in Luxor. After a days of being constantly hustled by vendors on the street the Boomerang was the perfect place to come back to relax and feel like you're away from it all. Mia and Mohammed were fantastic and super helpful. The tours they provide at the hostel and great value and they do their best to make sure everything is the best value for money available.

Clean room and Kind staff Roof Bar is Exellent

Hidden gem in the centre of Luxor. Very near to the train station, the owner was kind and helpful, really enjoyed my stay here.

Could sounds strange when everyone write it was a nice place but... It 's. I stand 3 nights there during new year eve and it was nice. It 's very clean and the breakfast on the roof top is perfect. And the staff on the hostel is very very friendly !!! And it 's cheap

Best place I've stayed in in all of Egypt. The people running this hostel really know what they are doing. Everything you need is provided. The rooftop terrace is fantastic. There you'll have breakfast in the morning and drinks in the evening. The atmosphere is as it should be in a hostel. Got to know a lot of travellers that I met up with later in other cities throughout Egypt.

Amazing hostel! I've travelled almost 50 countries and Egyptian people are my least favourite people, unfortunately the majority I met were aggressive, lazy and lacking common sense! Fortunately this hostel is run by an amazing Australian lady who did a perfect job at running the hostel! Thanks for having me ,amazing breakfast, tours and environment :)

Doubt i could recommend this place too highly. The staff were excellent and immediately helpful with maps and advice. The breakfast was great value for money and certainly the best one i had in all the places i stayed. I would definitely stay here again if i went back, one to note, if you do book and dow load directions it seemed that the bob Marley and boomerang hostel were the same thing - follow the massive sign posts they've put up from the train st.

I had a very pleasant stay at Boomerang Hotel! After some bad experiences in Cairo and Aswan, I felt really fine at the hotel. Location is great, Mia and her husband are very kind and attentive, room and bathroom are spacious and always clean and breakfast (just 15 EGP) is very good. They also arrange tours to the West and East Bank for a fair price and the hotel has a nice rooftop for a beer at the end of the day, with free wifi throughout the building.

Speaking for our whole group we can say our stay @ Boomerang was perfect, starting with the very beginning when we felt really well attended by the owner, to the great ambient @ the roof, friendly and helpful staff and perfect location, totally recommended

Excellent place. Boomerang is one of the best budget options you can find. It is obvious that a lot of care is put into keeping Boomerang nice. Rooms are tidy, facilities are clean and well kept. The daily breakfast is great. The staff are friendly and straightforward. There is really nothing negative to say about this place. It raises the standard for budget/backpacker/hostel options in Egypt. Volunteer at the hostel in exchange for a hot air balloon ride at dawn? my idea. ;)

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Its SUPER clean and my room had its own balcony, it was awesome. The roof top too is awesome and a great place to meet people. Honestly, this is the first review I've ever taken the time to write about somewhere I've stayed and its because this place deserves it. And Mia, the owner from Australia is awesome, she can organize any trips you want to make and doesn't try and rip you off, which is a refreshing change in Egypt.

• 26th Nov 2014

Excellent hostel!! 5 stars! Mia and Mohammed were fantastic hosts with their warm hospitality helpfulness and honest recommendations. The hostel is extremely clean, organized and most importantly, peaceful! The rooftop garden provides a little piece of heaven where you can relax, have a drink and meet other travelers. The breakfast is bountiful and the wifi is fast. All in all, don't be surprise if you happen to stay longer than you intended too. Best hostel I stayed at in a long time!!

The service was great, the staff was helpful with the local tour and all information. The rooms were nice, good breakfast included, and the place is super near to the train station

Boomerang is in the same building as the Bob Marley. Boomerang has a very nice roof top, where you can hang out with the guests, swap stories and eat dinner. Don't forget to book the hot air balloon ride. it's the cheapest you can find in Luxor. It's close to Luxor Temple, train station, supermarkets and restaurants. There's a night club adjacent to the hostel.

Excellent hostel right near the train station. Great roof top terrace to chill out over a beer after a hot day touring the sights. Easy to meet fellow travellers. Mohammed and Mia do a superb free pick up service from the bus or train station. Top value. Thanks

• 13th Nov 2014