Borders Beyond Reviews

8 Nixon St Ponsonby Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

A really good place, and the owner is (French) Clermontois! Really clean (a good point for a backpacker), not so far from the city center.

The directions given to me were totally incorrect but once I found it it was a good hostel.

The walk in to the City needs 35 minutes. No 10 minutes like in the describtion.

Hi, according to most maps we are part of the CBD. But to avoid any misunderstanding :according to google map: We are 3mn from Ponsonby or K'road, 13mn from the top of Queen street, 35mn from Britomart and 20 mn from Aotea Square.

Everything here is for an enjoyable stay at Border's Beyond. The hostel is very clean, the atmosphere very friendly, very open and multicultural of course (and that's a good point for me!). The staff take very good care of us and are full of good information for your visit or to find a job. The hostel is located about 5-10min walk from the city center, quiet enough to not be disturbed by traffic noises during the night (not trivial). Anyway, I definitely recommend it.

• 17th Feb 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The kitchen is big and well equipped. However, a lot of the guest seem to be long-term residents so the rooms are a bit of a chaos, with their possesions and clothes lying around everywhere. I also had the bad luck of staying in a mixed dorm with a very heavy snorer keeping me up half the night. If you want to take day tours I'd recommend a hostel closer to the center on Queen Str. or you have to walk 15 min in the early morning to get picked up.

Very nice backpacker! The staff is amazing and the atmosphere awesome! I first booked for one week and I am still here two months later! :) The backpacker is very well located (close to Ponsonby Rd, K Rd and the CBD), friendly and clean. Excellent place to stay!

Awesome! The whole hostel feels like a family probably because of the cosy living/kitchen/lounge space, hygiene is very acceptable for the rates I'm paying, and it's close enough to interesting spots in auckland!

terima kasih

Borders Beyond is a lovely little place with good location, friendly staff and great atmosphere! It was the first place I stayed in in New Zealand and I couldn't have chosen a better place to begin my Working Holiday adventure over here. I received so much help, support and warmth during my first weeks and it only took a few days until I felt like I was part of a fantastic community! 5 stars for my second home :)

• 9th Jan 2014

Great backpacker ! Very welcoming, and very good advising from the manager David ! spend good time there :)

• 6th Nov 2013

I first book 3 nights and 15 days later I'm still there :-) Borders Beyond is a really great hostel when you arrived in Auckland. The manager is really kind and helpfull (moreover he's French which might be very helpfull when your english is not that good :-) ) I really recommanded this hostel, it´s like living with a lot of roomates in a friendly atmosphere and then it's hard to leave ! Thanks a lot to all the staff, you're amazing ! I think I'll be back again before leaving New Zealand :-)

• 20th Oct 2013