Borders Beyond Reviews

8 Nixon St Ponsonby Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Borders Beyond looked to me a Home right after I first stepped into the kitchen/living room, where other people where living their stay as house mates. It does not feel to be in a pack and go, fast and busy place, it got atmosphere!!It is not a huge hostel, therefore allows for quiet living. David, the owner, is super nice and helpful, making is very easy to arrive to a totally new place and settle down as if having been there all the time. Definetely the place I'd call Home in Auckland.

It was our first hostel here in new zealand. the hostel has a great location, but in my mind it wasn't a good atmosphere for me. To much party, open discussions, a to small kitchen and a '50 cent shower'! the community area is to little and dorms are directly next to the community area. The room arrangement/layout and the rooms self is not really good and not really well conceived. But the staff were really nice and helpful. it was okay but not really good!

• 28th Mar 2014

A really good place, and the owner is (French) Clermontois! Really clean (a good point for a backpacker), not so far from the city center.

The directions given to me were totally incorrect but once I found it it was a good hostel.

The walk in to the City needs 35 minutes. No 10 minutes like in the describtion.

Hi, according to most maps we are part of the CBD. But to avoid any misunderstanding :according to google map: We are 3mn from Ponsonby or K'road, 13mn from the top of Queen street, 35mn from Britomart and 20 mn from Aotea Square.

Everything here is for an enjoyable stay at Border's Beyond. The hostel is very clean, the atmosphere very friendly, very open and multicultural of course (and that's a good point for me!). The staff take very good care of us and are full of good information for your visit or to find a job. The hostel is located about 5-10min walk from the city center, quiet enough to not be disturbed by traffic noises during the night (not trivial). Anyway, I definitely recommend it.

• 17th Feb 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The kitchen is big and well equipped. However, a lot of the guest seem to be long-term residents so the rooms are a bit of a chaos, with their possesions and clothes lying around everywhere. I also had the bad luck of staying in a mixed dorm with a very heavy snorer keeping me up half the night. If you want to take day tours I'd recommend a hostel closer to the center on Queen Str. or you have to walk 15 min in the early morning to get picked up.