Borgo Antico Reviews

Via Di Lucignano 405, Monteroni D'Arbia, Siena, Tuscany, Italy

No Rating

Georgious place.

Acceuil excellent. hotel très bien situé pour des circuits à Sienne et dans sa région sud.

They were not even there when I showed up. Very unprofessional. Stay somewhere else.

AMAZING! Although it is not located in Siena, the countryside was very pretty. We were not aware that Monteroni was a 15 minute drive away from Siena but it was well worth it. The hotel is owned by a very nice family. There are Couch buses that leave outside the hotel to Siena every half hour. The family drove us into town and even took us to dinner. The breakfast was also good. I would love to go back!

I would highly recommend this hotel!! It is gorgeous inside and everybody is very nice and helpful. The food at the restaurant is wonderful!!! I ended up extending my stay three more days. The only downfall is if you are confined to bus transportation. It would be easier to stay at this hotel if you have a car. If not, make sure your train arrives in Siena before 4:45 as the next bus doesn't leave until 8:20. The bus system is really screwed up around Siena. When buying a bus ticket in the train station, ask for one to Monteroni (sometimes it's 1.30, sometimes its 1.70). Take the blue bus that says "Montalcino", the bus ride is about 30-40 minutes, watch for a streetsign as you come out of a roundabout that says "Lucignano D'Arbia" and the next stop will be yours. You have to walk up to the front of the bus if you want the driver to stop. But the hotel is right across the street. It is, however, a great location if you want to see some of the smaller cities down south of Siena.

Fantastic meals at their on-site family restaurant. Excellently run establishment.

If you want to see Siena, don't stay here unless you have a car. At certain times buses don't come here during the day and night. I got dropped off 2km from this hotel in the middle of the night. The hotel is very nice but when it says "12km" away it takes about 30 min. to drive it because the streets are all curved and velocity stays below 40mph.

Beautiful surroundings, very peaceful. The staff are lovely and very helpful. There is a distance to Siena (12 kms) but you are fortunate because there is a bus stop right infront of the hotel. It would be most suitable, i you had a car. I would come back for sure!

Good place to stay on if you have a car and want to drive around in south Toscany.

My experience at Borgo Antica was truly a joy. After realizing that I was staying 12km outside of the city of Sienna, I was a little disappointed. However, I went anyways and how glad I am that I did! This "hotel" is actually situated on top a hill in the beautiful country side of Sienna. I was surprised to find out that this is actually a castle! It is managed by a wonderful couple and gives each visitor a mom and pop feel that the city cannot compare to. If you do not mind taking a 5 minute bus ride to and from the city or are looking for a quite, secluded get away this is the place! This is a guaranteed winner!

• 17th Jul 2005
  • Antarctica

We found the Borgo Antico Hotel and restaurant, just outside Siena, to be delightful. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a "Tuscany" experience.

Long way out of Siena, so best to have a car,as buses are infrequent

This was the nicest room we had on the entire journey, it was also the best meal we has as well. we are travelling on bicycles, so the location was somewhat isolated, 20 kms south of siena.otherwise FANTASTIC!

• 9th Jun 2005

This was a beautiful place to stay, about 12 km from Siena, but only if you have a car. Busses were not convient and directions on the website were not good enough. We had to stop and ask for directions twice. But the service was amazing, the restaurant served fabulous food and all for a good price!