Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

Lovely place to stay! Great staff! Within easy walking distance of alot of the major bangkok sites and khao san road! Definitely stay there again!

• 26th Aug 2015

Great place to stay, very helpful staff and superb location close to the Khao Ssng Street. Really enjoyed the stay!

We mistakenly booked a fan romm instead of aircon but it turned out ok as normally aircon dorm room is too cold for me. They equipped a fan or minifan for each bed with switch within reach. Location was perfect, 5-min walk to Khaosan Road, 3km to Grand Palace and various places for Thai food lover within walking distance.

One of my favourite hostels and one I have returned to on 3 separate occasions. Really chilled atmosphere, very cheap and only 5 min walk from Koh San road. They make sure to enforce the house rules so that it remains a relaxed place away from the craziness of Bangkok. You can also book very cheap travel deals through the owner. Highly recommend.

Short but nice stay, the staff is really friendly and helpful. Also te location is perfect (near Khaosan str.), especially for such a low price stay.

i spent a good time in this hostel! bangkok by bicycle is beautiful and here is free for guest. nice staf, good atmosphere and good people, what else?

Good location and really nice dorm room - no safe though for valuables. Everywhere was clean and appeared to be well kept. The communal area was really chilled and a nice space to hang out in between sight seeing and escaping the heat of the city!

Just stayed here as a stop over before heading down South, staff were really friendly and it's near to Kaoh San Road but also far enough away to avoid the crowds and the noise. Would stay again

Good clean beds, showers alright but no hot water. Will probably stay there again! Really appreciate the free bikes ! (will be nice to have more info about the city when we check in)

Pretty good hostel, my only complaint would be that the common room was very dark for most of the day.

I had a great experience at the hostel. The staff was friendly and had lots of knowledge about bus routes, cheap options of travelling etc. Moreover, I really liked the atmosphere as there was always chilled music in the 'lobby' (dont know how else i can call it) and it was nice just to sit down and read a book or enjoy a moment of resting. Beds were clean as well as showers. All in all, a good experience and theres nothing I can complain about. :)

• 30th Jul 2015

Great place to stay. I only had one night here on my way home, and the staff were very helpful. I didn't have much time, but I wish I could have done one of the bike tours they offered. I don't know much of what is nearby, so can't comment too much on location. Walking distance to Kah Saon Road, and a bus stop that can take you anywhere. 150 baht tuk-tuk to MBK, Siam Square and the BTS. Great hostel, very clean, social and friendly, without being crazy.

It's okay... The staff are great. Helpful & welcoming. I was asked if I would mind swapping beds after the first night and I didn't mind this. However, when I got to my bed I found someone sleeping in it & the nightguard was clueless at what to do. He seemed to think I wanted to change beds despite me repeating that I was the one asked to move. Plus what separates you from the stranger sleeping next to you is only a thin mat. If the person next to you snored, you're screwed.

Amazing vibe in this small and cosy hostel, I stongly recommend it for your stay in Bangkok.The location is great full of bars, restaurants and backpackers but without the noise of Khaosan rd. Mattresses are a bit uncomfortable but nice staff and good background music compensate.

Location is good, it's a clean place, the staff speak good English. Aspects to improve: the hostel lacks proper information about how to move around Bangkok. They should have a map of the area nearby the hostel and how to get to the attractions. Information about how to move from the hostel to other places such as the airports and Ayutthaya is also insufficient.

Great location and value for money. Very chill and friendly place.

Only one room with aircon, the other room had fans only. Decent location close to kao san road. Some of the guests were extremely loud in the middle of the night, but it's not really the hostel owner's fault if people are obnoxious.

Nice, clean, cozy and welcoming athmosphere!

Loved this hostel! Was great location and the guys who worked there were amazing! We'll be coming back and would recommend to anyone else!

Clean rooms, chill atmosphere. 10 minute walk to Khao San Road. Staff members are friendly and speak English well. No air con in air con room from 12:00 noon to 4pm for "environment"--gets pretty uncomfortably hot as there are no fans, either. Would have been nice to know ahead of time. Otherwise, a nice place. Bunks are side-by-side making two singles into doubles (great for couples like me and my wife). Loved the atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4