Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

Amazing stay at born free! Kevin the owner was a complete star and assisted us with our travel around the city and anything else we needed. I will definitely be staying again and recommending it to friends.

I really enjoyed my stay here, Kevin is very welcoming and friendly. Really good location, close to Khao San road. There are bikes that you can use for free at the hostel and there is a good common area to just sit and chill if you like. Would definitely stay here again!

It as a nice cozy little hostel just off the main strip of the Kaho San Rd center area. Kevin was a helpful nice guy whos running the place and everything was comfortable.

• 17th Sep 2014

Incredible location, great hostel and the staff is awesome. Kevin cares about making the guests feel comfortable and making sure that they have a good time in Bangkok. Definitely recommend!

I stayed in total 5 night and I really enjoyed it! Both the a/c and the fan room are comfortable and the hostel has a great living room with a lovely atmosphere, ideal to meet and socialize with other backpackers! The staff was very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Totaly worth it!! :D

Nice enough, good staff and location. Things that let it down....no air con during the day, ridiculously tiny bathrooms (if youre tall, find somewhere else), and overpoweringly horrible cat urine smell permeates the hostel, especially in the common room. If you can stand the smell, its quite social in the common room...but i couldnt.

The AC is turned off from 12pm to 16pm. The house's architectural facilities are small, it's true, like many things in Asia, but there are many reviews describing our facilities so a little read would given you a better understanding of what awaits you. As far as cat smell goes, the house is cleaned daily and the cats do linger around in the lounge area and if they do happen to miss the cat litter we always clean up. We are sorry that discouraged you from enjoying your stay.

Awesome! Really nice hostel with great guys! I will stay again there!

Good location. Very close to khao san road but far from the noise. Kevin, the owner, and his girlfriend are very kind. The common area is excelent. The bed is good and there are lockers with a camera in front of it. Bad points: the bathrooms are too small and everything becomes wet after the shower and also there is no hot water but that's ok, as bangkok is extremely hot. Another nas point is that they turn off the air conditioner between 11am and 4pm. I would really recommend that Hostel.

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I would like to correct a little thing though: Check out is at 11.30 -12.00 which means we start cleaning rooms at that time too. The AC is turned off shortly after at 13.00 and stays off as you said until 16.00. It is on for the rest of the day/night however but you have to understand that we must give it some downtime everyday. It is also the time of day when most people are out visiting the city... Wish you a safe trip and thank you for staying with us :)

Really good atmosphere, liked it a lot here! Dorms are really comfortable and spacious, excellent aircon too! Kitchen facilities if you want to cook which is a first of all the places I've stayed in South East Asia to date! Wasanna and Kevin are lovely too and will always have a chat with you or help you out with planning things of you need it. Didn't do the bike tour but heard it's pretty good! Good location and lots of lovely places to eat nearby. Would definitely stay here again. Thumbs up!!

Awesome place! The beds are extremely comfortable with AC set at a good tempeture. Kevin is an awesome person who hangs out in the lobby and chats with everyone giving advice on what to see and where to go. His girlfriend helps out with transport and gives out some really solid deals on getting to the next city. I'm definitely staying here again!

I had a last minute thing with a friend of mine, so I had to cancel my last day. Thought I wouldn't get a refund, but I guess it's okay since it's last minute. But the owner of Born Free is so nice, they refund the last night of my booking, as there's a replacement for me. Definitely recommended for budget traveler who needs a good hostel.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

Location was fine, easy walk to Khaosan Road. My bf and I only stayed here one night, he liked it. Very social environment, they introduced us to other travelers as soon as we came in which was nice. The bathrooms are pretty traditional for Thailand but really cramped and quite hot because they were in an open part of the hostel which also meant there were a good chunk of mosquitos. Beds were very hard, but clean. Downstairs smelled like cat.

The cats are grounded! It's all Peanut's fault.

Stayed here only 1 night, but it seemed a really nice hostel. I loved the atomosphere in the lounge, which is designed really chilled, like from 1001 nights. The bathrooms were a bit small but that is i guess i usual thing in asia. its 10mins far away from Khao San road.

Really nice hostel in a great location. Hostel is on a quiet street but just around the corner there are lots of restaurants. Khao san road is a short stroll away. Lovely staff and very clean comfortable rooms. We met loads of other people here and had great craic drinking beers wih them on the porch. Only minor negatives would be that the kitchen isn't well equipped and the showers/toilets are a bit... odd. Will be staying here again though next time I am in Bangkok.

• 26th Aug 2014

The hostel is about a 15 minute walk from the backpackers area. I only spent one night in the hostel because I didn't really like the backpackers area, it was extremely touristy and far from any mass transportation. There are no keys, therefore anybody can just walk in and out of the building and the rooms. The bathrooms are extremely small. I stayed in the fan dorm, where people kept the balcony doors open allowing mosquitos in the room. The owner was very nice and it was good for socializing.

Thank you for your feedback. I would just like to add that although we do not have the subway nearby, we do have buses, boats, canal transfers etc just around the corner that can bring you anywhere around Bangkok. We do not give keys because we have a night guard who knows who is to come in. Keys and keyguards have proven to be ineffective because guests can just sneak in other friends, we rather rely on our personell and security cameras throughout the house.

A little far away from Khaosan but still good

We only stayed one night at Born Free but it was awesome, the dorm is very nice and the showers are awesome. Very clean and a nice rooftop to chill, also a cool common area to socialise and meet people. When we will ever go back to Bangkok we gonna stay at Bron free again :)

Stayed at the Born Free 4 times during my trip through Asia and absolutely loved it. The location is perfect, situated near Khao San Road but still in a quiet area. Theres plenty of restaurants around, the next pier is in walking distance. The beds are very comfy, everything is clean and they have a very nice common area to relax in the evening and talk to people. Kevin and Wasana are amazing, they will help you with everything you need. I will definitely come back. Thanks for everything!

• 23rd Aug 2014

One of the nicest hostels I ever stayed in! Just two rooms( one with air con, one with fan) , therefore a very cozy and familiar atmosphere. It's in walking distance of kao San, the grand palace and has a bus stop right opposite. Also really nice to just sit outside,drink a beer and share stories with other travelers. The bathrooms are small,but clean. I had an awesome time, thank u Kevin and wasana :)

The owner was super nice right when I walked in. He introduced himself and told me about the place. I liked how they had lockers to fit a small day bad and valuables. The rooms were clean and had fans coming from every angle. In the middle of the night I even got cold from just the fans and no AC. Very close to Kho San Road but a few streets down so you can get a good nights rest. Would stay here again and would recommend again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4