Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

The information given on cost by taxi to get to this hostel isn't clearly communicated. That was just the beginning of the issues I faced with my one night at Born Free. The toilets were dirty. I arrived after 1am and the guy at the desk notice I wasn't smiling. He proceeded to antagonize me about that. Was not a happy bunny. This place is disgusting. I barely slept as my room was too close to the street with a "sheet" that barely covered my legs.

Good location near transport and koh san rd. Nice chill out area. Kevin the owner is very helpful. There are lockers for your valuables. Showers are cold and a bit of a squeeze. Not the liveliest hostel but had a good stay and it's good value for money.

A fantastic hostel for a short or longer stay. Kevin and the team are really nice and helpful with everything. The lounge areas are heavenly with all the pillows and matresses, really good music creating a chilled out ambience. Would absolutely go again!

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Great hostel. Close t kkoh san road but far enough that it's not Too loud. Really nice hang out area on the mail floor with couches, perfect for relaxing.

Nice atmosphere ☺ the owner was really nice as well. Rooms where big and didnt feel cramped. And even though its fans the rooms are really well ventilated with four powerful fans on the ceiling and then every lower bunk having a personal clip on fan as well. My only wish is that it had hot showers but I know that's not always possible in Thailand.

It suited us well and we enjoyed our stay.

it's very good days that stayed in this hostel. I liked it very much. The house owner is a very good man, funny and kind. Bed is also clean and confort. The price is definitely worth to spend.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • China

Born free was my first dormitory experience. I usually choose bungalows while traveling but this place kinda made me realise how much fun a dorm can be. It had more than I expected, personal fan, clean sheets, enough space between you and the others, very clean, very safe and although the showers are a bit funny I still liked them ^.^ the hosts are amazing and the overall vibe is just perfect. So I would strongly recommend this place PS. Yep you can take the books to the bed :p

• 30th Dec 2014
  • India

Always such a pleasure to come back to born free! Definitely my home away from home:)

Thank you so much born free :) best hostel ever! Great vibe, awesome people and very nice location - very easy to find and perfect to go kaosan road. I will absolutely revisit this hostel again!

Nice friendly little hostel, Kevin and the team are really accomodating and provide great advice and help for their guests. The dorms are nice and the chill out area is good with cheap beers available. Showers are cold, however this was quite refreshing in the Bangkok heat.

The staff is very friendly and the lounge nice to hang out and get to talk with many people. The shower and toilets are clean, but very small and only cold water. Beds are ok, but you're very close to each other and my neighbor was snoring really loud

excellent clean hostel in nice area close to koh san road this hostel has clean ac dorm room & fan room excellent chill out ares cheap beer travel agency in hostel very friendly staff helpful in many way bike tours are a must with owner

The staff at the hostel were amazing with giving us helpful information on how to take local transit and use the waterways to save money. The atmosphere was great and when we arrived at 7 am and couldn't check in till 1pm they let us store our bags for free and use everything in the hostel minus a bed, even wifi. It's close to the main roads but far enough that it is quiet at night. Will definitely return the next time we are in Bangkok!

• 12th Dec 2014

The staff here were amazing, very helpful and accommodating. The rooms were nice with decent beds, personal lights and plugs in for each bed and working AC in the 12 person dorm. Bathrooms were very clean, but the showers were pretty small and a bit strangely placed always making the bathroom floor soaking wet all over. Good location and overall great stay. If you are looking to use the kitchen that is the only downside as it's a mess and there isn't much refrigeration space.

Maybe just one more sink

• 11th Dec 2014

Brilliant little hostel, really chilled out. Staff were great and in a good location. Would highly recommend! Excellent value for money.

The staff at born free were excellent! Really laid back chilled out atmosphere and wassana was a big help in sorting out the next part of my journey! Defo be back

Born free is a really good hostel, I can't think of anything negative about this place. Staff is very nice and helpful, good atmosphere and easy to meet new friends.

Nice, chilled-out hostel, not far from Khao San Road. Dorms with aircon and confortable beds. The top bunk beds are very close (almost joined), but the owners always try to put couples there, and solo travellers on the bottom bunks (which are separated). The atmosphere is relaxed and sociable, and staff is very friendly and helpful. The day I checked out they let me chill there and use the shower before leaving, very appreciated!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5