Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

I love the warm feel of the place; I think the decorations are beautiful, relaxing and I felt very comfortable! The staff here is definitely very nice especially the guy who woke up to let me in at almost 2 AM THANK YOU! The taxi found this place very easily with the directions on here (I paid ~ 320 bahts from the airport). Kevin is also great; he responds quickly to email and is more than willing to help answer any questions. It was my first time in a hostel and i like that it felt like home.

Amazing place, and the price couldn't be better for the quality of the hostel and it's location. The hostel had a great atmosphere and Kevin was always there to help out with whatever is guests needed. Thanks for the great time and see you again soon!

Great hostel. Enjoyed my stay.

• 9th Apr 2015

Really nice hostel. Great staff, very helpful. Good wifi. Excellent rooms with privacy and A/C. No complaints.

There is probably no better place to stay in Bangkok! Everything was perfect, the people were all super nice and I never slept better during my journey! 😊 Once there you shouldn't miss the mountainbike tour and see bangkok at night from a different perspective!

Kevin has definitely figured out this hostel thing. I felt very welcomed in the almost family-like atmosphere. I would highly recommend it. In fact, I stayed there twice while travelling. They even have bikes for guests to use while staying there. Good people. Good times.

Nice little clean hostel with a warm athmosphere. Staff is very helpful and helps single travellers not to feel alone.

• 28th Mar 2015

Great hostel with excellent atmosphere. Bathrooms are tiny and could use an upgrade.

• 28th Mar 2015

Thank you for the feedback. The bathrooms are indeed getting an upgrade now in April and should be completed by the beginning of May. After the renovations they should be more spacious, comfortable and easier to clean. The current bathrooms came with this 'old' house and are harder to get used to, especially for first time travelers but we knew from day one they will need a revamp sooner or later. :) Thank you for staying with us.

nice decorations of the hostel,perfect location,and the boss is quite pleasant~

It was my first backpacker hostel experience, and it really has set a high standard for other hostel. What's amazing about this hostel: 1. 7-10 minute walk to Khao San area. 2. Nice staff. Thank you Kevin. 3. The lobby atmosphere is nice, a really good spot to read book. 4. The bed and room was clean and cool

They have fantastic staff working at this property, and the rooms are great. The bathroom facilities are a little less impressive, though I've found that to be universal among a lot of hostels in Asia.

Wasn't very clean (bathroms - if you can call them that... pretty much a 1m x 1m area where the shower/toilet/basin all crams into it, you have to put all your shower items on the toilet, oh and theres no hot water in the showers) the beds were all crammed together, one of the staff members was sleeping half the time and slightly grumpy, the owners were lovely though. There were lockers (small ones) but you don't get an area to put your backpack, so they all just lay around on the floor.

We are in the process of renovating the bathrooms, they will be more spacious after the upgrade. We don't advertise hot water so please care to read our facilities :) Lockers fit a day pack and the most important things. Luckily we have never had to deal with kleptomaniac backpackers and hopefully it stays that way. Bare in mind that we have 24h staff, cctv on all floors and the door i locked at night with the "grumpy" staff watching the door!! :P

This was my first hostel experience in Asia and I was pleasantly surprised. My friend and I stayed in the fan room and felt it was enough. Our location was great! Just a five minute walk to Khao San and many street vendors selling cheap food. The staff was very attentive and always happy to help us and answer our questions including crossing the border to Cambodia. The only thing we did not like were the toilet facilities as the shower and toilet were so close together and felt very cramped.

This hostel is in an excellent location with a great group of people staffing it. It was pretty quiet while I was there and the cats are a nice touch. Be aware that the bathrooms are very small and can require some serious yoga-like skills to use if you're a bigger guy or gal. But that being said, they were kept clean and there were enough of them. Beds are decently comfortable and clean.

The owner is really cool guy

AWESOME hostel and Kevin is the best really. Nothing to complain about really. Will always go there when Im in Thailand. Thanks! Sam

• 15th Mar 2015

Great value for money considering other hostels in the area can go for way more! Loved the location - 10 min walk to khao san, which is nice if you're looking for a quieter place to sleep. I didn't think it was a party hostel, which was nice, but it also didn't lack atmosphere. Good atmosphere, possible to meet others! Owners are very helpful and nice. Bathrooms are awkward, but they're being redone in April. No locks on main door, but it wasn't a problem.

Such a great, chilled out hostel. The staff are able to offer so much knowledge and advice, there are activities every night including football vs the locals and cycling. Cheap beer downstairs in the really comfortable common area, and an all-round welcoming and friendly atmosphere, will be staying again when I return to Bangkok.

Only stopped for one night and was a good hostel for a short stay. Good location, friendly staff. Only thing was I was unaware when I booked that my room was fan not aircon. Also pillows were extremely hard. Otherwise did the job well!

Really nice hostel, relaxed and quiet atmosphere and amazing staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5