Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

Our stay was so nice! We arrived before check in time but we could hang out and shower there before we were shown our room. :) the owner took us for a soccer game against the local thai and we had some beers afterwards. The little hangout spot in front of the entrance was a nice meeting place and so was the lobby. The bathrooms were clean, as were the bedrooms! The location was perfect, about 10 minutes from khao san by foot so no disturbing noises or whatsoever when you wanted to sleep :)

• 2nd Jul 2015

Fan room: fans really close to the upper beds, noisy and not regulable Buts in the main room

- There are fans between all the beds ceiling mounted and they can be switched on and off, not sure what you mean about no buttons to regulate them? You can regulate the speed from 1 - 3 with 1 being less noisy and less strong. All these fans are relatively new so I doubt we will find less noisier ones (?) - We do have an AC room too if that is an issue to you...

Great atmosphere and ambience. Staff were very friendly and the whole place had a good vibe. Good facilities and location, all in all perfect for backpackers who want to see Bangkok.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel was beyond perfect thanks to its amazing location, security and staff. Perfect chill out common area to relax but only less than ten minute walk to the crazy Khoa San. I would definately stay here again!!

I can't say one possible thing bad with this place! Highly recommend

• 17th Jun 2015

Made to feel welcome from the minute we walked in the owners are so helpful and friendly cant wait to go back there and stay soon ! They offer free bikes to go see the city, saftey lockers its a 5 min walk to koh san road couldnt ask for a better stay ! Thanks guys

Clean, friendly staff, good atmosphere. A bit of a walk to Koh San Road but not too bad. The owners tried to overcharge us for some treks and trips so I would recommend booking elsewhere

Thanx for the feedback...If we "tried" to over charge you we would ask for double or triple the net price. 10$ more is not excessive but we usually also give you all other options such as booking the tickets at the train station, the trek on sight, the accommodation when you get there etc etc. Then again it depends to whom you compare it to since there are so many services, tours and agents around. Doing it yourself is more time consuming but way cheaper. Wish you a safe trip :)

Kevin and his wife are amazing and generous. You can tell they really love what they do. Great location, great service, and an awesome atmosphere and people. Totally recommend.

Pleasant hostel, nice owner and quite close to khao san plus some other attractions. AC room is a must, fan room is simply too hot. Nice atmosphere and communal areas.

• 9th Jun 2015

We really loved our stay here! The owner Kevin is really kind. When I arrived at bangkok airport my backpack smelled really bad, which it didn't before (smelled like cat urine!). He cleaned it for me and now it smells perfect again! The hostel has a great atmosphere! And the rooms are clean. When I come back to bangkok I Will stay here again for sure!

• 7th Jun 2015

Born Free Hostel is by far the best place I've ever stayed.This was my first time travelling to BKKand honestly,a huge part of the brilliant time i had in BKK was because of my unforgettable experience at Born Free. My hosts, Kevin and Wasana, are the kindest, coolest and most helpful people. Kevin's a really cool guy, very approachable and I had a great time playing the guitar with him and talking to him about a variety of stuff. Felt at home and welcome.Place of choice to stay in BKK. Cheers

• 6th Jun 2015
  • India

Friendly staff! All welcoming just an overall fantastic experience!! :)

• 3rd Jun 2015

Location is really good-lots of nice little restaurants and street vendors nearby and Khao San Road is just a ten minute walk. The owners of the hostel are lovely and Kevin was really good for getting travellers to mix with each other.

Nice clean hostel. Very helpful staff. Assisted me when my bus to koh samui never showed up. Nice common areas.

Best hostel in Bangkok! Everything is perfect but booking with the travel agency I cannot recommend. They tell you things about only a few seats left and very good companies but in the end you'll end up in the same busses like everyone else does even when they booked just a couple of hours ago. The prices are much higher, so don't use the agency! But stay in the hostel ;)

Good stay, nice sitting areas, very clean, good stuff and Kevin, the owner, Is a sound guy! Definitely recommend staying there.

Amazing place! I'd never know that I can feel so good and comfortable while sleeping in a dormroom. NEVER. But this place is unusual, like home. I hope I'll be able to come back one day :)

• 24th May 2015
  • Poland

The hostel was nice - clean rooms, very spacious dorms and quite a good location. The owner was not particularly welcoming, however, and made me feel quite uncomfortable by continually letting himself into the dorm, as well as allowing his long-hired cats to roam in the dorms. Note that air-con is NOT 24 hours. In truth, there are better places to stay in this area - I wouldn't recommend this hostel.

Located just a 5 minute walk from Kohsan Road (the main tourist strip), this hostel manages to dilute some of the madness of Bangkok. The owners are a lovely, friendly couple and when my friend lost his phone, Kevin went above and beyond by going through a few hours of cctv and writing a report of it to try and establish where he had left it. I would definitely stay here again and fully intend to.

Kevin is a great host, very friendly and personable. Madly in love with the resident kitties! AC room was clean and cold, but crowded. The beds are squashed up next to each other long-ways so you're essentially sleeping in a double bed with the person in the bunk next to you except for a thin bamboo curtain in between . AC turns off during the day. Close to Khao San Road, but it is a walk. Atmosphere seemed quiet, though I wasn't there long enough.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4