Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

It is a great place to stay, great location, very clean and secure. The owners are very friendly and helpful. No doubt about it is worthy to stay there.

It was really nice staying one night for my transit at Bangkok. Wasana and Kevin were really helpful and friendly. Definitely recommended!

Great value for money! very kind and helpful owners and staffs. Comfortable bed. Good location and close to nice little restaurant with reasonable prices. Great hostel to stay in Bangkok!

It was my first time visiting Thailand, and this was the first hostel I have ever stayed in my life. This place is great for first time backpackers, and the lounge area helps people to interact and become friends. Although the washrooms were a bit dirty, and the mattresses were really firm, I enjoyed my time at this hostel, and I really liked how helpful the owner and crew were with any questions, comments or concern

This hostel is in a good location if you want to party on Koh San rd, but kind of difficult to get elsewhere in bangkok from there. The staff were super accomodating, friendly and helpful and you could tell that they sincerely have travellers' best interests at heart, and will go out of their way in order to help you with anything.

Not the greatest hostel I've stayed at but does the job. Good location, close to Khaosan Road. Manager, Emma, is great to talk to about the ins and out of Bangkok; definitely worth a chat with her. The bathrooms are pretty average and if you have a choice, book the room with aircon. Sleeping in a room with just fans is not a pleasant experience.

Best hostel I've stayed at, everyone was very helpful and friendly. Love this place!

Lovely couple who run the hostel - they'll help with all travel needs etc and giving suggestions of where to go. Great location - very near to Khao San Road but far away enough that you're not surrounded by noisy tourists all the time. The downstairs area was nice for chilling and meeting new people. I stayed in the fan room and wa perfectly comfortable without AC. Toilets/showers are cramped and floor always soaking as it's a wet-room style room, but otherwise I had a great stay here.

Empty toilet bins more often ... They get full the minute you empty them. Or buy bigger ones.

Great location, rooms not too hot ( have own personal fan); however, the bathrooms were not ideal. There was no space what so ever, and it was uncomfortable.

It's a nice hostel in a decent location, not too far from the Khao San area. The staff are really helpful and will do anything they can for you. Would recommend it.

Loved my stay here. Great communal atmosphere, and very clean. The only problems I noticed were translation related with the night-time staff member.

Very clean, but you get what you pay for.

Real nice hostel with a friendly atmosphere and 2 cute cats. Great atmopshere and helpful staff. The hostel is located quite near the Kaoh san road and within walking distance of most of the real famous temples. The commonroom area/entrence is a real nice place to meet people. Negative, the toilets is not that practical beacuse the floor is always wet when there is no seperate showering stalls.

As our first stop in Bangkok this place was awesome :) the atmosphere was really nice and the area to socialise downstairs is really cool. The 12 bed dorm was good and it was such good value for money. The staff were super friendly and the hostel is in a good area and getting to khao san road is an easy walk!

nice place

Wonderful staff, very helpful and so kind. An amazing stay. You have a fan room, and an AC room. Clean and confortable. Great location, next to most important places. The common area is quiet, full of fans, and nice to meet other people. The owners, Kevin and Wasana, are always available, and give you good tips. They help you to organize day trips, to get train/bus tickets, to do visits. Welcome district with many 7/11 (small supermarkets) restaurants and bars. Excellent money for value ;-)

I like this familary Hostel. Even i stay in Bangkok ,I try to get a bed there. The facilities have thai standart, means, you have hot water in the hot season and cold in the cold season. But it´s clean and if I want more I book a 4 star hotel ;-) Thank u Wasana and Kevin.

The staff, notably Wasana and Kevin, were extremely friendly and helpful, and available at all hours. The beds were comfy, the air con fantastic, the showers fine, the lockers in full working order (nb own padlock needed). The wifi was fast, the communal area clean and welcoming and a great atmosphere. The staff helped me plan my following week and a half, booking everything on my behalf including buses, transfers to and from hostels, flights and an elephant trek! Thoroughly recommend it :)

Clean, safe and comfortable. Staff are very helpful - do be sure to listen to their advice on Bangkok's many tourist scams. I made good use of their travel agency service and was pleased with the results.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4