Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

Born Free hostel is clean, fun, friendly and chilled out. We stayed three nights and it was a great way to start in Bangkok!

I had a great time at Born Free. Kevin was fantastic and helpful. I recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Bangkok!

Wonderful place! Ask the owner to do the night bike ride! It's absolutely worth it and amazing to see the city at night!

A small but great hostel. The owners made us feel at home for the first time in months.

Great atmosphere to hang around, listen to music, meet people and the best for me: using their bicicles to ride around the neighbour.

I've stayed here twice now and I will definitely be coming back again. Kevin is awesome and will help you with anything. It's about a ten minute walk from Khao San which is perfect with lots of food carts along the way. The lounge area makes it easy to meet other travellers and go out together at night.

The positive: Clean, great dorms, great common room and atmosphere. The negative: 1) The design of the bathroom is very poor. Simple things such as shaving, brushing your teeth and taking a shower become a bit of a hassle. 2) Not enough information about area. At first I spoke to Kevin's (owner) assistant who was useless. Kevin has a lot of information, but it's not readily available. He only seems to provide when you ask specifics. If Kevin made these improvements he would get 100%.

The place is great , Kevin the owner is all day long there and is really helpfull . The dormitories have space enough to fell confortable . Have a chill out area on the ground floor quite cool for relax and meet another backpackers . I really recomend this hostel you'll feel like home ;)

Really great staff.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Allybaba

Love born free! This place is a great place to be in bangkok, great atmosphere, awesome staff!! Stayed here both times I was in bangkok!

Great hostel, and cheap to boot.

Amazing stay at born free! Kevin the owner was a complete star and assisted us with our travel around the city and anything else we needed. I will definitely be staying again and recommending it to friends.

I really enjoyed my stay here, Kevin is very welcoming and friendly. Really good location, close to Khao San road. There are bikes that you can use for free at the hostel and there is a good common area to just sit and chill if you like. Would definitely stay here again!

Perfect place to stay and enjoy Bangkok:)

It as a nice cozy little hostel just off the main strip of the Kaho San Rd center area. Kevin was a helpful nice guy whos running the place and everything was comfortable.

• 17th Sep 2014

Incredible location, great hostel and the staff is awesome. Kevin cares about making the guests feel comfortable and making sure that they have a good time in Bangkok. Definitely recommend!

I stayed in total 5 night and I really enjoyed it! Both the a/c and the fan room are comfortable and the hostel has a great living room with a lovely atmosphere, ideal to meet and socialize with other backpackers! The staff was very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Totaly worth it!! :D

Nice enough, good staff and location. Things that let it down....no air con during the day, ridiculously tiny bathrooms (if youre tall, find somewhere else), and overpoweringly horrible cat urine smell permeates the hostel, especially in the common room. If you can stand the smell, its quite social in the common room...but i couldnt.

The AC is turned off from 12pm to 16pm. The house's architectural facilities are small, it's true, like many things in Asia, but there are many reviews describing our facilities so a little read would given you a better understanding of what awaits you. As far as cat smell goes, the house is cleaned daily and the cats do linger around in the lounge area and if they do happen to miss the cat litter we always clean up. We are sorry that discouraged you from enjoying your stay.

Awesome! Really nice hostel with great guys! I will stay again there!

Good location. Very close to khao san road but far from the noise. Kevin, the owner, and his girlfriend are very kind. The common area is excelent. The bed is good and there are lockers with a camera in front of it. Bad points: the bathrooms are too small and everything becomes wet after the shower and also there is no hot water but that's ok, as bangkok is extremely hot. Another nas point is that they turn off the air conditioner between 11am and 4pm. I would really recommend that Hostel.

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I would like to correct a little thing though: Check out is at 11.30 -12.00 which means we start cleaning rooms at that time too. The AC is turned off shortly after at 13.00 and stays off as you said until 16.00. It is on for the rest of the day/night however but you have to understand that we must give it some downtime everyday. It is also the time of day when most people are out visiting the city... Wish you a safe trip and thank you for staying with us :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4