Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

I had a great time at Born Free. Kevin was fantastic and helpful. I recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Bangkok!

Born Free is a good starting hostel for a trip in Thailand. We met other travellers that we continued on to Chiang Mai with. I was very disappointed by one thing: they highly recommend you book buses/tours through their travel company, claiming many tourists get ripped off on private charters. Their prices are 200 b higher than those found on khao San, but they assure you that it's worth it for security. We were on the SAME BUS as those that booked on khao San. Guess we know who got ripped off.

There are many bus companies leaving from Khao San. Some being even 300THB cheaper. It also depends on wether these other people booked it directly through their bus company desk or through a travel agent. The higher price is mainly due to the fact that you get picked up from the hostel plus the agent price on top. One thing is for sure however, if something did happen to you or your stuff, we would follow through with complaints, Kao San wouldn't even remember you booked it there!

A small but great hostel. The owners made us feel at home for the first time in months.

Great atmosphere to hang around, listen to music, meet people and the best for me: using their bicicles to ride around the neighbour.

I've stayed here twice now and I will definitely be coming back again. Kevin is awesome and will help you with anything. It's about a ten minute walk from Khao San which is perfect with lots of food carts along the way. The lounge area makes it easy to meet other travellers and go out together at night.

The place is great , Kevin the owner is all day long there and is really helpfull . The dormitories have space enough to fell confortable . Have a chill out area on the ground floor quite cool for relax and meet another backpackers . I really recomend this hostel you'll feel like home ;)

Really great staff.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Allybaba

Love born free! This place is a great place to be in bangkok, great atmosphere, awesome staff!! Stayed here both times I was in bangkok!

Great hostel, and cheap to boot.

Amazing stay at born free! Kevin the owner was a complete star and assisted us with our travel around the city and anything else we needed. I will definitely be staying again and recommending it to friends.

I really enjoyed my stay here, Kevin is very welcoming and friendly. Really good location, close to Khao San road. There are bikes that you can use for free at the hostel and there is a good common area to just sit and chill if you like. Would definitely stay here again!

Perfect place to stay and enjoy Bangkok:)

It as a nice cozy little hostel just off the main strip of the Kaho San Rd center area. Kevin was a helpful nice guy whos running the place and everything was comfortable.

• 17th Sep 2014

Incredible location, great hostel and the staff is awesome. Kevin cares about making the guests feel comfortable and making sure that they have a good time in Bangkok. Definitely recommend!

I stayed in total 5 night and I really enjoyed it! Both the a/c and the fan room are comfortable and the hostel has a great living room with a lovely atmosphere, ideal to meet and socialize with other backpackers! The staff was very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Totaly worth it!! :D

Nice enough, good staff and location. Things that let it down....no air con during the day, ridiculously tiny bathrooms (if youre tall, find somewhere else), and overpoweringly horrible cat urine smell permeates the hostel, especially in the common room. If you can stand the smell, its quite social in the common room...but i couldnt.

The AC is turned off from 12pm to 16pm. The house's architectural facilities are small, it's true, like many things in Asia, but there are many reviews describing our facilities so a little read would given you a better understanding of what awaits you. As far as cat smell goes, the house is cleaned daily and the cats do linger around in the lounge area and if they do happen to miss the cat litter we always clean up. We are sorry that discouraged you from enjoying your stay.

Awesome! Really nice hostel with great guys! I will stay again there!

Good location. Very close to khao san road but far from the noise. Kevin, the owner, and his girlfriend are very kind. The common area is excelent. The bed is good and there are lockers with a camera in front of it. Bad points: the bathrooms are too small and everything becomes wet after the shower and also there is no hot water but that's ok, as bangkok is extremely hot. Another nas point is that they turn off the air conditioner between 11am and 4pm. I would really recommend that Hostel.

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I would like to correct a little thing though: Check out is at 11.30 -12.00 which means we start cleaning rooms at that time too. The AC is turned off shortly after at 13.00 and stays off as you said until 16.00. It is on for the rest of the day/night however but you have to understand that we must give it some downtime everyday. It is also the time of day when most people are out visiting the city... Wish you a safe trip and thank you for staying with us :)

Really good atmosphere, liked it a lot here! Dorms are really comfortable and spacious, excellent aircon too! Kitchen facilities if you want to cook which is a first of all the places I've stayed in South East Asia to date! Wasanna and Kevin are lovely too and will always have a chat with you or help you out with planning things of you need it. Didn't do the bike tour but heard it's pretty good! Good location and lots of lovely places to eat nearby. Would definitely stay here again. Thumbs up!!

Awesome place! The beds are extremely comfortable with AC set at a good tempeture. Kevin is an awesome person who hangs out in the lobby and chats with everyone giving advice on what to see and where to go. His girlfriend helps out with transport and gives out some really solid deals on getting to the next city. I'm definitely staying here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4