Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

Great atmosphere and perfect location if you want to experience the madness around khao San road AND want to have the possibility to lay back in a very decent hostel with a 10 min walk to khao San

• 28th Feb 2015

The place is nice and clean with a great atmosphere. The lobby also works as a common area where you can hang out with other guests. They sell beer at a pretty good price (50bht for a large Chang), so be prepared to be hungover. In general a nice place, but the 10 bed-dorm rooms are not really my thing; too much noise.

Nice and cozy hostel in an actual Thai house. Great atmosphere and space to relax.

• 25th Feb 2015

The fan room it's really good, it's not that warm, but it can use better pillows.

Very friendly and helpful staff, owner of the place speaks about five different languages, so I noticed this made it very comfortable and easy to communicate with the guests. I will stay here again :)

• 20th Feb 2015

Best Hostel for this Price. The owner is really nice and will be there for You and all your uestions!. theres nice lodge to have a nap or reed a book. also its not far from Khoachan road, and there are lots of shops, other hostels, and restaurents in the neighbour hood. will come back definitely

• 19th Feb 2015

Hy, it was clean, quiet and 10 minutes from the Khao San Street! Always friendly stuff!

Great place. Really lovely interior. Great management. Too near Khaosan road and the foreigner neighborhood for my tastes, but then, isn't every hostel in Bangkok? Could use some maps/travel information/directions to sites and transit hubs posted somewhere in the building.

you,s are great keep doing what your doing! Terry

Overall great hostel. However the showers do let it down. A tiny space to shower with sharp edged tiles which i cut my toe on.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for the kind feedback K. I saw the tile you mentioned, something must have dropped on the edge and splintered it. We are fixing all bathrooms during the April month where we will close for about 20days to undertake the renovations. After that there will be more space, both visually and physically. Thank you for staying with us.

The workers ate very friendly. The main guy worker know his way around Bangkok, and will be able to tell you how t get to the place you wanna go. My only issue I had was the cleanliness of the bathrooms.

• 3rd Feb 2015

Thank you for the feedback C. The bathrooms are being fixed during the April month where we will close for about 20days to undertake the renovations. It has been long over due but we never found the right moment to close :) Thank you for staying with us.

We really enjoyed our short stay. The staff were extremely helpful in every way, making us feel right at home. It's quiet and relaxing place to return to after the busyness of Bangkok city.

Great location as walking distance to everything but still in quiet area. Wife of owner very knowledgable and helpful if you need help planning your trip! Chilled vibe nice stay :)

Brilliant Hostel in the Samsen area. Just outside the hub of the Kao san road area. In the Samsen area you got cheaper restaurants and bars. The hostel itself it's great runs by a Swiss owner very helpfull with everything. Rooms are clean and everything is well arranged if you want do some activities or tickets for the train and bus.

It was my 3th visit at Born free hostel and I will come back always and always.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

Excellent service, very helpful i felt really good. Very good location, and they also have a bike to borrow to their customers.

A great basic hostel with everything you need/want. The staff are great and really care about your safety and enjoyment of Bangkok. The location is great, walking diatance to the sights and Khao San but far enough away to get a good nights sleep. I really enjoyed my time here and will be back again! Thank You

Five stars all around. One of the best hostels in Bangkok, if not the world. The extra mile that is taken by owners Kevin and Wasana are what make this place not just a hostel, but a home away from home. This is my fourth time staying here and will continue to do so when staying in Bangkok.

I liked that the website showed roughly how much the taxi from the airport was, it was only off by a euro or so. Nice touch. The staff is super friendly and some of the best people I have met on my journeys. They urged me to smile which is so appropriate in Smiling Thailand. Also great location, clean rooms, good showers and most of all a great atmosphere where I quickly made many friends. Would definitely come back and I've recommended the hostel many times already.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Best hostel we've stayed at in Thailand! Very good placement, great atmosphere, and very helpful staff! We'll be staying here again in April!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5