Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

The staff at the hostel were amazing with giving us helpful information on how to take local transit and use the waterways to save money. The atmosphere was great and when we arrived at 7 am and couldn't check in till 1pm they let us store our bags for free and use everything in the hostel minus a bed, even wifi. It's close to the main roads but far enough that it is quiet at night. Will definitely return the next time we are in Bangkok!

• 12th Dec 2014

The staff here were amazing, very helpful and accommodating. The rooms were nice with decent beds, personal lights and plugs in for each bed and working AC in the 12 person dorm. Bathrooms were very clean, but the showers were pretty small and a bit strangely placed always making the bathroom floor soaking wet all over. Good location and overall great stay. If you are looking to use the kitchen that is the only downside as it's a mess and there isn't much refrigeration space.

Brilliant little hostel, really chilled out. Staff were great and in a good location. Would highly recommend! Excellent value for money.

The staff at born free were excellent! Really laid back chilled out atmosphere and wassana was a big help in sorting out the next part of my journey! Defo be back

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Born free is a really good hostel, I can't think of anything negative about this place. Staff is very nice and helpful, good atmosphere and easy to meet new friends.

Nice, chilled-out hostel, not far from Khao San Road. Dorms with aircon and confortable beds. The top bunk beds are very close (almost joined), but the owners always try to put couples there, and solo travellers on the bottom bunks (which are separated). The atmosphere is relaxed and sociable, and staff is very friendly and helpful. The day I checked out they let me chill there and use the shower before leaving, very appreciated!

The staff were friendly, the cats were nice. This was a nice place nto stay im bangkok. A little out of the way of khao san road so that's a plus. thanks for having me born free!

The rooms are super clean and well air conditioned. Beds are comfortable, although I will note the pillow was a little weird but still decent. They offer free bikes that you can use which is nice. Solid 1km walk to Khao San road so it's a little out of the party atmosphere although there is still lots of place to drink and hang out in the hostel. Staff are very friendly. Showers can feel a little cramped but still good and clean! Overall a good choice!

Thank you for the constructive feedback. It is well appreciated. I would like to note that you are almost right with the 1km but its a little less, 750m or a 10min walk. Which makes no difference regarding the party scene really, its still far enough not to hear everyone shouting all night long :) but as you mentioned you can hang around our neighborhood which has tons of food stores, bars, restaurants... Thank you for staying with us and wish you a safe journey.

The hostel had a nice kitchen and a fridge available. Friendly service and also many activities are organized. Multi-talent owner who speak many languages! Overall an easy and positive experience :)

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Finland

Kevin and Emma were great hosts. The hostel was clean, orderly, and had a very chill and relaxed vibe, which was great! Location was awesome - not too close to the hustle bustle, but within walking distance to many great sites,Beds had a small fan each which was very thoughtful and showers come equipped with soap and shampoo. Very detail-oriented :) Thanks for a great time!!

Thanks guys

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Spain

Nice hostel that feels like home during traveling. I've been here 3 times now and the atmosphere is getting better and better. At night a security guy keeps everything safe. Worth every penny

Best in Bangkok, location just a short walk from Koh San road, but far enough away to get a good night's sleep! Only place I've stayed where soap n shampoo are offered, lovely touch! Very clean and all staff friendly and helpful with any trouble or booking trips etc. Great value for money, would definitely use again.

I had a fantastic stay, again, and what an absolutely lovely addition to the team jo is!!

great value, great staff, great location. I will definitely be staying here again.

It feels like home. Great people and really nice staff. Never had a hostel so clean. They help you everything where the can. And ask you to go out with them as well. It's near koh san road only 5 minutes walk. I really loved it there. I travel already 11 months. This was the nicest hostel!

• 13th Nov 2014

Very personable helpful and a great atmosphere. Kevin and his girlfriend wasana doing a great job making you feel at home. Even as an "older person" it was very comfortable

• 11th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Born Free Hostel. Bikes to use, a kitchen, friendly staff... Great!

Good beds, good location (less than 10 minute walk to Khao San Road). Lots of places to hang out around the hostel, although it was so hot that the air conditioned rooms were preferable. Lockers, outlets and reading lights for every bed which was very handy. They offer travel as well, we found it to be over priced (overnight bus for 800-900 Baht, we found it down the road for 400). Staff were nice enough, a little abrasive, but nothing that would have ruined our stay. Definitely a good deal.

Thank you for a constructive feedback. I encourage you to read this article and/or google bus scams in Thailand regarding theft, accidents and generally unpleasant long bus rides from cheaper bus companies I am not sure which one ends up being more costly :) 400THB and possibly having your bag emptied out or a more comfortable ride with nothing missing in the end of the journey? Thank you for staying with us :D

It was a very familiar stay at free born hostel. Kevin and his girlfriend arrange everything you want. The location is quite good in the old part of the city. Every time you enter the hostel someone is playing guitar or music is played. I'll definitely come back!

• 9th Nov 2014