8.8
Fabulous 832 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 832 Total Reviews
Born Free Hostel Located at Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), , Bangkok.
Thailand
Bangkok 10200 Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong)
88% 832
13.7643492 100.5000114
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 18-24
18th May 2016

This was an absolutely fantastic hostel to stay at. Born Free was the first stop on my SE Asia trip and it certainly spoiled me. It's located at the perfect distance from Khao San. More than that, it had a great atmosphere that allowed me to take a break from the hot sun without feeling like I was wasting mh time; the type of people to stay here were always fun to talk to and I made plenty of friends. The best parts, however, is the owner Kevin and the manager Sam. They both are awesome!

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy your trip started off with good memories :) Hope to see you again soon Z and next time we shall play the real 5v5 street soccer!

• Canada, Male, 25-30
17th May 2016

The atmosphere of the hostel is so awesome. While there owner took some of the hostel guests to play football against locals. He also provides bike rides across Bangkok at night and organizes spa days. The facilities at the hostel are perfect. Showers are clean. Rooms are perfect and with plenty of space. 2 lounge/chill areas to meet other people. If that's not enough this hostel has very fast internet (10+ Mbps speed). Definitely stay here!! P.S They have 2 super fluffy adorable cats

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
7th May 2016
7.4

Not a bad hostel, near enough to all the action but tucked away down a quiet street. Staff quite friendly and helpful too

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
6th May 2016
8.0

Cute hostel just far enough away from the main party area that it is quiet but not too far from the action (4 minute walk). Staff were SO friendly and helpful. Definitely get AC room not fan room! Not the most social hostel but very relaxed.

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Apr 2016

I had a great time at Born Free, Kevin was very welcoming from the start and was always up for getting guests involved with various activities, which makes it easier to meet others from the hostel. All areas are clean and well laid out. I can't say much for a party atmosphere but I wasn't looking for that, I was looking for a chilled out vibe and that's certainly what I got. Location is a short walk from Khao San if you want a party. Overall very clean. I stayed in the AC room. Thank again guys!

Thank you for this review. We are glad you enjoyed yourself. This hostel has a more chilled vibe to it, you are right. We do sometimes get so many people down in the lounge area that get a long well and then music gets turned up though. We are all for a good atmosphere but we also like to respect those in the house and around the house that are looking to relax. It really depends on what kind of guests arrive...Thank you for staying with us again Wish you a safe trip in Asia.

• annadempsey
  • New Zealand, Female, 25-30
28th Apr 2016

Perfect location. The owner was very good with recommendation of transport and things to do. Would stay here again. Get room with ac

• England, Male, 25-30
28th Apr 2016

This was my first experience in a hostel. I didn't really know what to expect and I was travelling alone. I was greeted there by the manager Sam, who is so friendly and knowledgable, he is always trying to help you. A couple of nights later I met the owner Kevin, who is a really nice guy. He goes out of his way to invite people out with him, so I went to the cinema and the market with him and some other lads, which enabled me to meet people and hang with them for the rest of my trip to Bangkok.

25th Apr 2016

I enjoyed a very nice stay here, thank you. Staff and management were helpful, engaging, and a good laugh too. The public areas were comfortable, and coffee, tea, beer etc right on hand either in-hostel or at the little cafe directly in front of Born Free. Air con in the dorm was spot on btw! Also, the minibus booking they made for me was cheap, comfortable and got me to my next destination just as I wanted. All round, a real pleasure, and I hope I see you again soon :-)

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016

The hostel is in a good location without being on Khao San rd. The day manager and the hostel owner were really accommodating, friendly and helpful, only setback was the guy that worked nights was a bit awkward and less friendly, but not a biggie. Make sure you book the aircon room, really enjoyed our stay!

22nd Apr 2016
7.1

The hostel is not too bad but there are a couple of things ( simple ones) that make the stay a little less pleasurable. First the lack of AC in some of the dorms is a bit annoying but fans are an imperfect substitute. Second is that the staff is a bit cluless about recomendations and finally is that the hostel is a bit boring.

Hey there and thank you for your feedback. We offered you the AC dorm on arrival because it is the hottest month of the year but you wanted to save money so you stayed in the fan dorm. You stayed a total of two nights here and the only ever question you asked a staff member is where to buy milk from? I am pretty sure they managed to answer you that only question :D About the hostel being boring, well what to say, sometimes it is lively sometimes it is a little quiet but it also depends on who stays here. Some people want action some people want to read a book! You for instance spent a lot of time in the room. We asked you to come with us for a 5v5 football match against the locals and you preferred to go drinking. The day after we asked you to come with us to the JJ Green night market and again you declined. Either way we wish you an enjoyable trip around SE Asia.