Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

A very good hostel to stay when you're visiting Bangkok. Staff were really friendly too!

Had a great stay, all the staff are super helpful and friendly, and great to go to for any travel advice! was really good, not far from Khao San but still quiet inside. Great place to meet other backpackers too.

My second stay at this hostel, was very nice again. The hostel is not too big so you soon get to know the others, it's close to Khaosan and the tourist stuff but still quiet.

great vibe & helpfull staff! beds & pillows a little to hard for comfort..

Within walking distance to Kao San road. In a quiet location, heaps of street food nearby. Good for meeting other solo travellers. Small hostel. Dorms are well cooled and clean.

Nice design. Simple and clean. Good location.

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • Sweden

Laid back, chilled atmosphere maybe a bit quiet if you're after something more lively... V clean, nicely done bedroom, we would recommend the air conditioned room. The beds were laid out as two bunks right next to each other with just a blind to put down for privacy so a little like sharing a double bed - I wouldn't want to be next to someone I didn't know! The staff were friendly and let us leave our bags there after checkout and even use the first floor chill out area and showers.

The sheets smell so good! Great location and helpful staff. Really clean and close enough to the sights and must-dos of BKK.

Good ambiance in the common area, harder to meet people if travel alone. Friendly staff. Rock hard pillows.

My favorite hostel in Bangkok, one which I recommend to everyone I hear are traveling to Bangkok and don't like the city. It made really appreciate the BKK life.

It's my favorite hostel in Bangkok. It's close to the backpacker scene but also not in a loud area. The borne free is perfect for chilling and a good place to feel me home! The stuff is very friendly and the owners too.

Very good hostel. The staff give you bicycle for free. Is fantastic to move in Bangkok. Carlo from Rome.

I had a great stay at Born Free, the staff were very friendly and very helpful! I would definitely stay here again

• 11th Jan 2016

Nice hostel, peaceful location close to the action with nice restaurants on nearby roads. I didn't find the mattress comfortable & the bunk beds were very close together - otherwise the facilities were good, ticked the basic boxes. Good value compared to other hostels in the area. The staff were nice & the communal areas have potential for atmosphere. On lockers - I found neither of my of padlocks, used in lots of other hostels, were too small. Don't know if I was just being a bit dim, though...

Great time at Born Free! The staff were very friendly and helpful and the facilities were always super clean. The Wifi was really good as well. In general it's a pretty quiet hostel but if you are looking to have a quiet hangout close to the business of Kao San this is definitely the place.

For ever and ever

Very nice hostel!! I recomoend going there!

• 8th Jan 2016

The bathrooms were always wet. The dorm has a few fans going in the bedroom, but the wifi was good.

Excellent location, clean and nice. Stayed in dorm with 12 beds, small but max privacy as it can be. Owner and staff were great and helpful. Lockers are a bit small so you can't lock your big backpack. But overall excellent stay for backpackers. Definitely would recommend.

The hostel was in a good location and the staff were very friendly. The shower/toilet facilities were not that flash though.

• 2nd Jan 2016