Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

Nice hostel that feels like home during traveling. I've been here 3 times now and the atmosphere is getting better and better. At night a security guy keeps everything safe. Worth every penny

I had a fantastic stay, again, and what an absolutely lovely addition to the team jo is!!

It feels like home. Great people and really nice staff. Never had a hostel so clean. They help you everything where the can. And ask you to go out with them as well. It's near koh san road only 5 minutes walk. I really loved it there. I travel already 11 months. This was the nicest hostel!

• 13th Nov 2014

Very personable helpful and a great atmosphere. Kevin and his girlfriend wasana doing a great job making you feel at home. Even as an "older person" it was very comfortable

• 11th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Born Free Hostel. Bikes to use, a kitchen, friendly staff... Great!

Good beds, good location (less than 10 minute walk to Khao San Road). Lots of places to hang out around the hostel, although it was so hot that the air conditioned rooms were preferable. Lockers, outlets and reading lights for every bed which was very handy. They offer travel as well, we found it to be over priced (overnight bus for 800-900 Baht, we found it down the road for 400). Staff were nice enough, a little abrasive, but nothing that would have ruined our stay. Definitely a good deal.

Thank you for a constructive feedback. I encourage you to read this article and/or google bus scams in Thailand regarding theft, accidents and generally unpleasant long bus rides from cheaper bus companies I am not sure which one ends up being more costly :) 400THB and possibly having your bag emptied out or a more comfortable ride with nothing missing in the end of the journey? Thank you for staying with us :D

It was a very familiar stay at free born hostel. Kevin and his girlfriend arrange everything you want. The location is quite good in the old part of the city. Every time you enter the hostel someone is playing guitar or music is played. I'll definitely come back!

• 9th Nov 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Kevin is really nice to give advice on where to go and how to get there. Location is great! Bathroom is tiny but was clean. Beds were clean as well. I'd come back here.

Loved this hostel! It's an awesome value and very clean and well cared for. Owner Kevin and his girlfriend Wasana are extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely check out Kevin's night time bike tour through Bangkok.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Great staff, so friendly and helpful. The location is great too. Really nice atmosphere in the hostel, have met some lovely people here.

The staff were absolutely amazing! Considerate, approachable and inviting. The locationis walking distance to everything but far enough away to be quiet. It was clean and had all the amenities i needed. I dont have a single complaint. I will be back, and have already recommended it to fellow travellers!

• 6th Nov 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here, Kevin and Wasana were helpful, and the common area was really good for meeting other travelers. It's on a quiet street but near all the action. I liked that they made sure guests kept the noise down after 11pm. Not many negatives but as others mentioned the bathroom/shower is small and a bit awkward! Also I'm glad I was in a bottom bunk with bamboo curtain separating me from the person next to me, the top bunks didn't have this and were quite close together.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Thank you so much for your lovely and constructive comments. Just to add a little thing, the mattrasses at the bottom and at the top in the AC dorm have an equal distance one from another. The only difference is that the bottom row has, as you mentioned, a bamboo divider. Due to the flow of the aircon it is not possible to add these dividers at the top and therefor we will always try and put single travellers at the bottom and couples at the top :) but it does not always work out that way :D

Just nice

This was the second time I stay at Born Free Hostel. Stayed in the fan dorm which is perfect with ceiling fans and private fans attached to your bed. Security is good since there is always someone checking entries at the front desk and lockers are available. Kevin, the French, English and German speaking hostel manager is very friendly and helpful. The large common area is nice to meet fellow travellers. Location is in a quite alley way 5-10min walk to Kho San road. Bicycle available for free

I really the hostel design and the atmosphere there. Kelvin was very nice, funny and helpful for my stay in Bangkok.I have met a lot of nice friends from all over world too. I really love and definitely will stay there again if I travel to Bangkok.

Brilliant area a short walk from kao san road and buses and boats into other areas of the city, you can walk to the palace from here too. New and comfy beds, and the air con room nice and cool and bug free. The best thing though is the atmosphere; kevin makes sure everyone is happy and its very inclusive.

loved the place for its vibe. The common area is a shade from the Bangkok heat,

• 31st Oct 2014
  • India

Really nice place,comfy ,clean clean and fraendly .nothing much to say. Kevin and his girlfriend are such cool people always ready to answer to all the question came out in from Your mind.they got two hostal on the same street which are preatty much the same. GraziE Andrea.

• 28th Oct 2014

The hostel is well located near Khao San Road and within easy walking distance of most everything that a backpacker could want to see, do, or need. There are two cats who run the show and the humans Keven and Wasana are lucky enough to be allowed to live in and take care of the hostel for the furry friends. But in all sincerity I feel fortunate enough to have stayed here. The community room at the bottom is great for meeting new people and the place stays immaculate and clean. Will come back!

• 23rd Oct 2014

I want more fish! Yours, Peanut

This was a great hostel conveniently located near to Khao San Road, lots of restaurants and 10 minutes walk from the pier for the river buses. Kevin the owner was very friendly and welcoming, and was always there to help with information and requests. The common area is very big and comfortable and it is easy to meet other travellers. There are personal lockers for storing valuables. I stayed here 3 times during my travels around Thailand and would definitely stay here again when I return.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5