Born Free Hostel Reviews

Samsen Soi 6 (Soi Woraphong), Bangkok, Thailand

Kevin is a great host, very friendly and personable. Madly in love with the resident kitties! AC room was clean and cold, but crowded. The beds are squashed up next to each other long-ways so you're essentially sleeping in a double bed with the person in the bunk next to you except for a thin bamboo curtain in between . AC turns off during the day. Close to Khao San Road, but it is a walk. Atmosphere seemed quiet, though I wasn't there long enough.

The staff here is great and super helpful! the hostel is also big on telling tourists about animal cruelty scams and tours to avoid and how to avoid tuk tuk scams. it's a great place to hang out and meet people and a close walk to Khao San Road.

Great location, walking distance to most of the big sites. Far enough to not get the noise from Khaosan Rd, but close enough to be there in 10 minutes. Great staff, very helpful. Free bike rental was really nice for getting to some of the further sites. Great community spaces, makes it easy to meet people. Didn't get the AC room, but the fans were adequate at night. Wifi worked in the rooms. Would definitely stay again.

It is a good place, I miss a better ambient in the common area.

The hostel is reaaly nice. There is alot of food there. The hostel is clean, aircon is very cool. Bed is comfortable. Kevin is really very kind. He is vwry helpful person. He lend us bycicle so we can get around the hostel area. I would like to come bock if i visit bangkok next time.

• 12th May 2015
  • Indonesia

helpful staff, not too far away from khoa San road. I'd stay again.

I love the warm feel of the place; I think the decorations are beautiful, relaxing and I felt very comfortable! The staff here is definitely very nice especially the guy who woke up to let me in at almost 2 AM THANK YOU! The taxi found this place very easily with the directions on here (I paid ~ 320 bahts from the airport). Kevin is also great; he responds quickly to email and is more than willing to help answer any questions. It was my first time in a hostel and i like that it felt like home.

Amazing place, and the price couldn't be better for the quality of the hostel and it's location. The hostel had a great atmosphere and Kevin was always there to help out with whatever is guests needed. Thanks for the great time and see you again soon!

Great hostel. Enjoyed my stay.

Good location. Good Aircon. Great owners who were friendly and offered to do some group activities whilst I was there.

Really nice hostel. Great staff, very helpful. Good wifi. Excellent rooms with privacy and A/C. No complaints.

There is probably no better place to stay in Bangkok! Everything was perfect, the people were all super nice and I never slept better during my journey! 😊 Once there you shouldn't miss the mountainbike tour and see bangkok at night from a different perspective!

Kevin has definitely figured out this hostel thing. I felt very welcomed in the almost family-like atmosphere. I would highly recommend it. In fact, I stayed there twice while travelling. They even have bikes for guests to use while staying there. Good people. Good times.

Nice little clean hostel with a warm athmosphere. Staff is very helpful and helps single travellers not to feel alone.

• 28th Mar 2015

Great hostel with excellent atmosphere. Bathrooms are tiny and could use an upgrade.

• 28th Mar 2015

Thank you for the feedback. The bathrooms are indeed getting an upgrade now in April and should be completed by the beginning of May. After the renovations they should be more spacious, comfortable and easier to clean. The current bathrooms came with this 'old' house and are harder to get used to, especially for first time travelers but we knew from day one they will need a revamp sooner or later. :) Thank you for staying with us.

nice decorations of the hostel,perfect location,and the boss is quite pleasant~

It was my first backpacker hostel experience, and it really has set a high standard for other hostel. What's amazing about this hostel: 1. 7-10 minute walk to Khao San area. 2. Nice staff. Thank you Kevin. 3. The lobby atmosphere is nice, a really good spot to read book. 4. The bed and room was clean and cool

They have fantastic staff working at this property, and the rooms are great. The bathroom facilities are a little less impressive, though I've found that to be universal among a lot of hostels in Asia.

Wasn't very clean (bathroms - if you can call them that... pretty much a 1m x 1m area where the shower/toilet/basin all crams into it, you have to put all your shower items on the toilet, oh and theres no hot water in the showers) the beds were all crammed together, one of the staff members was sleeping half the time and slightly grumpy, the owners were lovely though. There were lockers (small ones) but you don't get an area to put your backpack, so they all just lay around on the floor.

We are in the process of renovating the bathrooms, they will be more spacious after the upgrade. We don't advertise hot water so please care to read our facilities :) Lockers fit a day pack and the most important things. Luckily we have never had to deal with kleptomaniac backpackers and hopefully it stays that way. Bare in mind that we have 24h staff, cctv on all floors and the door i locked at night with the "grumpy" staff watching the door!! :P

This was my first hostel experience in Asia and I was pleasantly surprised. My friend and I stayed in the fan room and felt it was enough. Our location was great! Just a five minute walk to Khao San and many street vendors selling cheap food. The staff was very attentive and always happy to help us and answer our questions including crossing the border to Cambodia. The only thing we did not like were the toilet facilities as the shower and toilet were so close together and felt very cramped.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4