Borneo Backpackers Reviews

No. 24 Lorong Dewan, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

To increase the water flow especially at Toilet (Cistern) due to low speed of water. Waste cannot flush out if insufficient water.

All the comman areas were very clean but the place was ridden with bed bugs. When i complained about being eaten alive the staff became very rude and basically just told me to leave. An awful first few days in Borneo due to Borneo Backpackers. Do NOT stay here!!!!

“I had originally reserved two nights at this hostel but checked out in the middle of the night (2am) my first night there because the beds were full of bed bugs! The girl on the bottom bed of the bunk woke me up she was scratching so much and we looked at her bed, it was swarming with bed bugs, killed 8. Then I saw them in my bed. The first clue should have been the missing mattress from one of the beds in the room. Told the staff we wanted to leave and they immediately refunded the full money.

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels