Borneo Backpackers Reviews

No. 24 Lorong Dewan, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

To increase the water flow especially at Toilet (Cistern) due to low speed of water. Waste cannot flush out if insufficient water.

All the comman areas were very clean but the place was ridden with bed bugs. When i complained about being eaten alive the staff became very rude and basically just told me to leave. An awful first few days in Borneo due to Borneo Backpackers. Do NOT stay here!!!!

“I had originally reserved two nights at this hostel but checked out in the middle of the night (2am) my first night there because the beds were full of bed bugs! The girl on the bottom bed of the bunk woke me up she was scratching so much and we looked at her bed, it was swarming with bed bugs, killed 8. Then I saw them in my bed. The first clue should have been the missing mattress from one of the beds in the room. Told the staff we wanted to leave and they immediately refunded the full money.

i got bitten by bed bugs, i moved and got bitten some more. the place smells quite a bit of urine. its cheap and the locations good but you feel a bit dirty staying there

• 4th Feb 2014

Staff were helpful when asked and could speak English. There seemed to be lack of information freely given but this could have been because we were new to travelling.

Staff were useless, showed us and told us nothing about the facilities etc. when i asked in the morning what time breakfast finished, the girl snapped and said checkout was 11am and we had to be out by 11. The owner was some what helpful tho when contacting the airline about my lost luggage. poor enough hostel, poor facilities, would not go back.

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels