Borneo Seahare Guesthouse Reviews

No. 1 Wayang Street, Kuching, Sarawak, Kuching, Malaysia

I had a good time at the Seahare.They had a bike retal place right below them. The common area was a relaxed space good to meet people. The place was clean. It was a good stay.

Totally enjoyed the four days at Borneo Seahare...great place where one can just chill out in the common area after a day out (or recovering from a long night of drinking!). Atmosphere was fantastic among fellow travellers...will definitely head back there again!

Arrived late (plane delay) after warning by email and even then received an excellent reception and information on the things we wanted to do the day after. The room with the double bed had airco and fan and windows that open. Bed is comfortable enough, showers/toilets are clean.

Really great place with wonderful staff. A good place to meet others to explore the city with. Clean and tidy with a cool outdoor area. Would highly reccomend.

Not very clean hostel and no atmosphere, but English Ben is helpful and he let me stay in the hostel after check out because my bus left late in the afternoon.

the family that runs this place is awesome. the vibe is super low key and in a great neighborhood. loved the open patio section of the place and the room was simple and sweet. plenty of showers for the amount of guests. would recommend.

• 19th Sep 2014

Stayed at Borneo Seahare for two nights (after booking only one). Absolutely loved the decor, and the atmosphere was very sociable. The open patio at the rear is a highlight and definitely worth a visit. The owner, Ben, was fantastic and knew the city inside out. We even ended up spending an afternoon sharing a drink with him after we'd left the hostel. Would thoroughly recommend the place!

A really wonderful stay! I would recommend it! Atmosphere is great, tropical-like, with an inner small garden. Run by a British guy which makes u feel really confortable! Tour operator and laundry self service downstairs. And it's full of young people so perfect place to meet new guys! An advice: ask for the "shack", a great pub where u can meet even more people and gain cheap European beers just 150m far from here in jalan carpenter.

Very well located, just few steps from the waterfront and bus stop to Bako. Owner and staff most helpful, kind, nice....really, felt like home to us. Would I recommend it??? ABSOLUTELY! We booked a double room, which was upstairs. As I remember it, there were actually 4 double rooms, so, it's not a huge hostel, downstairs it had a dorm, didn't see it but met people who stayed there and said it was fine. The bathroom was shared, nice hot shower and always pristine! Thanks for everything guys!

Good hostel in the center of kuching. The owner and people from the tour office downstairs are really kind and helpful. Tour office can provide you with all the info you need. Location excellent near Old China town, only bad thing is an annoying traffic light which makes noise during the night. Luckily not really noisy enough to keep us awake.

• 18th Aug 2014

Really enjoyed staying here. We ended up staying for 5 nights for various reasons, but it was worth it and we really loved staying here. Showers are great, staff are very friendly and knowledgeable, good location. Wifi was a bit slow at times but that's not the worst thing in the world. Highly recommended!

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Croatia

A small hostel in a great location. The best thing about this place is the staff, full of knowledge and eager to ensure that their guests have the best possible experience in Kuching. I have spent a lot of time travelling and I always forget to leave a review, but I really enjoyed my time here and I'm sure that you will too.

• 29th Jul 2014

this hostel had changed its name and location between the time we booked and the time we arrived,we had difficulty finding the hostel late at night .It would have been a courtsy to have advised any guests affected.It Advertises a kitchen which is nothing more than a toaster and an electric jug;no means of cooking anything.And to be family friendly as advertised would need to have some means of cooking.And it cant be family friendly and at the same time advertise cheap beer;