Borneo Seahare Guesthouse Reviews

No. 1 Wayang Street, Kuching, Sarawak, Kuching, Malaysia

the family that runs this place is awesome. the vibe is super low key and in a great neighborhood. loved the open patio section of the place and the room was simple and sweet. plenty of showers for the amount of guests. would recommend.

• 19th Sep 2014

A really wonderful stay! I would recommend it! Atmosphere is great, tropical-like, with an inner small garden. Run by a British guy which makes u feel really confortable! Tour operator and laundry self service downstairs. And it's full of young people so perfect place to meet new guys! An advice: ask for the "shack", a great pub where u can meet even more people and gain cheap European beers just 150m far from here in jalan carpenter.

Very well located, just few steps from the waterfront and bus stop to Bako. Owner and staff most helpful, kind, nice....really, felt like home to us. Would I recommend it??? ABSOLUTELY! We booked a double room, which was upstairs. As I remember it, there were actually 4 double rooms, so, it's not a huge hostel, downstairs it had a dorm, didn't see it but met people who stayed there and said it was fine. The bathroom was shared, nice hot shower and always pristine! Thanks for everything guys!

Good hostel in the center of kuching. The owner and people from the tour office downstairs are really kind and helpful. Tour office can provide you with all the info you need. Location excellent near Old China town, only bad thing is an annoying traffic light which makes noise during the night. Luckily not really noisy enough to keep us awake.

• 18th Aug 2014

Really enjoyed staying here. We ended up staying for 5 nights for various reasons, but it was worth it and we really loved staying here. Showers are great, staff are very friendly and knowledgeable, good location. Wifi was a bit slow at times but that's not the worst thing in the world. Highly recommended!

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Croatia

A small hostel in a great location. The best thing about this place is the staff, full of knowledge and eager to ensure that their guests have the best possible experience in Kuching. I have spent a lot of time travelling and I always forget to leave a review, but I really enjoyed my time here and I'm sure that you will too.

• 29th Jul 2014

this hostel had changed its name and location between the time we booked and the time we arrived,we had difficulty finding the hostel late at night .It would have been a courtsy to have advised any guests affected.It Advertises a kitchen which is nothing more than a toaster and an electric jug;no means of cooking anything.And to be family friendly as advertised would need to have some means of cooking.And it cant be family friendly and at the same time advertise cheap beer;

This place is clean and great value. It is however right next to an intersection where for some reason the semaphores for pedestrians are making crazy clicking sounds. However, we were tired most of the times and were not bothered too much.

Good wifi, good aircon, free breakfast (toast), great selection of DVD's. Tour company downstairs, so loads of free, local advice on tap! Recently moved to new location (2 weeks) and could have done with a final clean down of everything. Bedroom was clean

Great owners, great location, safe, fun, good breakfast. wifi could be faster/better.

Great hostel to stay at! Very clean, good wifi, a/c, hot showers, nice clean beds and bathrooms. A really great thing is in the the dorm each bed has there own plug which is awesome to charge all your electronics! Amy was awesome at letting you know where to go and see. Always told you the cheapest way to go as well which was awesome for me! A great place to stay in kuching if you are in the area worth staying for a few nights for sure!

The Borneo Seahare Guesthouse is defintely the best backpackers I´ve ever stayed in. I met so many great people here and I enjoyed the time in Kuching so much. (I extended my stay twice) The owner (Greg & Amy) are so friendly, helpful and nice, awesome! Everything was perfect, the bathrooms & bedrooms were clean, the aircon was working and the atmosphere was just great. The best hostel experience in my life so far! I highly recommend this hostel!! I will come back some day!

Amy and Greg are fantastic people running a lovely hostel. I stayed in the dorm which had AC and comfortable beds. The location is great for exploring the city or as a launching point for the national parks. Amy had some great suggestions for eating out and getting around. The common areas are relaxed and have a really homely feel. Everyone was super friendly and welcoming. This was one of my favourite hostels in my whole 10 months of travelling and it was all down to the people.

It was more like staying at your friends' place than at a guesthouse. I liked it a lot.