Borneo Seahare Guesthouse Reviews

No. 1 Wayang Street, Kuching, Sarawak, Kuching, Malaysia

this hostel had changed its name and location between the time we booked and the time we arrived,we had difficulty finding the hostel late at night .It would have been a courtsy to have advised any guests affected.It Advertises a kitchen which is nothing more than a toaster and an electric jug;no means of cooking anything.And to be family friendly as advertised would need to have some means of cooking.And it cant be family friendly and at the same time advertise cheap beer;

This place is clean and great value. It is however right next to an intersection where for some reason the semaphores for pedestrians are making crazy clicking sounds. However, we were tired most of the times and were not bothered too much.

Good wifi, good aircon, free breakfast (toast), great selection of DVD's. Tour company downstairs, so loads of free, local advice on tap! Recently moved to new location (2 weeks) and could have done with a final clean down of everything. Bedroom was clean

Great owners, great location, safe, fun, good breakfast. wifi could be faster/better.

Great hostel to stay at! Very clean, good wifi, a/c, hot showers, nice clean beds and bathrooms. A really great thing is in the the dorm each bed has there own plug which is awesome to charge all your electronics! Amy was awesome at letting you know where to go and see. Always told you the cheapest way to go as well which was awesome for me! A great place to stay in kuching if you are in the area worth staying for a few nights for sure!

The Borneo Seahare Guesthouse is defintely the best backpackers I´ve ever stayed in. I met so many great people here and I enjoyed the time in Kuching so much. (I extended my stay twice) The owner (Greg & Amy) are so friendly, helpful and nice, awesome! Everything was perfect, the bathrooms & bedrooms were clean, the aircon was working and the atmosphere was just great. The best hostel experience in my life so far! I highly recommend this hostel!! I will come back some day!

Amy and Greg are fantastic people running a lovely hostel. I stayed in the dorm which had AC and comfortable beds. The location is great for exploring the city or as a launching point for the national parks. Amy had some great suggestions for eating out and getting around. The common areas are relaxed and have a really homely feel. Everyone was super friendly and welcoming. This was one of my favourite hostels in my whole 10 months of travelling and it was all down to the people.

It was more like staying at your friends' place than at a guesthouse. I liked it a lot.

I booked 3 nights and ended up staying 2 weeks. After months of travel, this was the perfect place to relax. Amy and Greg are amazing. They are one of the reasons I enjoyed my stay in Kuching so much. Their food reccommendations were all fantastic. The facility is clean and comfortable with a free breakfast and a place to watch movies. The location is good, and I think they're moving even closer to the riverfront soon. Will definitely stay again.

Great service provided by Amy! Nice and affordable

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

My stay in Borneo was awsome! Amy and Greg are so great people..the tour with Greg was amazing although it was hard work;) and Amy picked me up from the airport and showed me how I get to all the places I wanted to go to. The atmosphere was like in a shared flat rather than in a hostel, it was very nice and I met so many nice people. The location is good, everything is in walking distance. Thank you so much guys for having me!

We had a nice time. Very friendly folks!!

Amy & Greg are some of the best hosts I have found in all of my travels. One cannot go wrong here

Amazing hostel!!! The hosts Amy and Greg are so welcoming, helpful and kind. I felt I was at home as we could cook ourselves if we wanted, tv and hundreds of films and they would even take us out for a pint to the best places. The best hostel I have stayed in so far by a mile. Thank you guys x

Thank you guys with all good environment!