Borneo Seahare Guesthouse Reviews

No. 1 Wayang Street, Kuching, Sarawak, Kuching, Malaysia

The hostel is quite small but size doesn't matter :) Hostel staff is very helpful before & during our stay. Comfy bed, pleasant atmosphere & great location, what else you are looking for a hostel anyway. If you are staying in the mixed dorm, please bring your ear plug and maybe sleep masks as it can be quite noisy early in the morning due to the location is too close to the main road.

I loved this hostel! The beds are comfortable and the pillows are defiantly firm as stated on their sight!! They have such friendly staff who are willing to go out of the way to help, not only with booking tours but also taking us places to eat for lunch and showing us the local foods to try. Great location, easy to walk most places. Awesome chill out room with comfy couches making it easy to meet people :) thanks Kelly, Nik, laurel and Khairol

• 12th Aug 2015

Nice clean hostel, well decorated, helpful staff. Was in town for a music festival and the hostel was the perfect base to spend the nights. To the hotel staff: thank you for having us, and if anything I would suggest turning the AC a bit lower at night and maybe add a few more options to the breakfast. Thoroughly appreciated my stay

We fid have some trouble with our booking. We booked a double room. However we got informed by the staff that the room was already reserved but we could stay for one night. When we arrived the staff told us that people who were previously staying in our room decided to stay one more night. So they had no room for us and we got transferred to another hostel and stayed in a dorm. Its a nice place and everybody was very friendly but the booking process was extremely chaotic

The staff made this hostel. It wa homely and cosey.

Awesome helpful staff

• 17th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

The beds are superb, but the fan in the dorm makes so much noise that sleeping is very difficult...

Had to ask for toilet paper EVERY day, one morning there was no breakfast, which sucked since we had to leave early for a park like a lot of other people. Tours are expensive, and even though they claimed to give a big share to the locals in the visited villages, we found out first hand, that it was not true. They also sold us a tour where it turned out that the program for the second day would never happen, and when we got back, they just said 'oh sorry' and smiled, we had already paid.

Great bunch of people working there. Always friendly and willing to help. The rooms are clean and the vibe of the place is simply magical.

• 25th Jun 2015

Staff was very friendly, and the facilities were fantastic. Thanks for a wonderful stay

This place is awesome, I spent a week here and it's the perfect place to chill, i felt really comfortable and at home from the moment I walked in. The location is perfect, close to the river, shops, bars and restaraunts 👍

• 6th May 2015

Saying that this hostel was "like a home away from home" wouldn't be doing it justice. I had an amazing time in Kuching and a relaxing place to come home to, mostly thanks to Calum and Georgie and their awesome advice. They even took us out for dinner a few times and taught me how to beat them at Monopoly cards ;) Definitely would recommend staying here if you want a hassle free experience in Kuching.

This hostel is like a home away from home, relaxed vibe, clean, nice people and a great location! Most of the people I met there had stayed longer than they expected! It will be my first choice if I return to Kuching!