Borneo Seahare Guesthouse Reviews

No. 1 Wayang Street, Kuching, Sarawak, Kuching, Malaysia

The staff made this hostel. It wa homely and cosey.

• 26th Jul 2015

Awesome helpful staff

• 17th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

The beds are superb, but the fan in the dorm makes so much noise that sleeping is very difficult...

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Had to ask for toilet paper EVERY day, one morning there was no breakfast, which sucked since we had to leave early for a park like a lot of other people. Tours are expensive, and even though they claimed to give a big share to the locals in the visited villages, we found out first hand, that it was not true. They also sold us a tour where it turned out that the program for the second day would never happen, and when we got back, they just said 'oh sorry' and smiled, we had already paid.

Great bunch of people working there. Always friendly and willing to help. The rooms are clean and the vibe of the place is simply magical.

• 25th Jun 2015

Staff was very friendly, and the facilities were fantastic. Thanks for a wonderful stay

This place is awesome, I spent a week here and it's the perfect place to chill, i felt really comfortable and at home from the moment I walked in. The location is perfect, close to the river, shops, bars and restaraunts 👍

• 6th May 2015

Saying that this hostel was "like a home away from home" wouldn't be doing it justice. I had an amazing time in Kuching and a relaxing place to come home to, mostly thanks to Calum and Georgie and their awesome advice. They even took us out for dinner a few times and taught me how to beat them at Monopoly cards ;) Definitely would recommend staying here if you want a hassle free experience in Kuching.

This hostel is like a home away from home, relaxed vibe, clean, nice people and a great location! Most of the people I met there had stayed longer than they expected! It will be my first choice if I return to Kuching!

Absolutely dissatisfied, the whole place smelled like cigarette smoke, the showers are tiny and basically right above the toilet seats. No kitchen facilities. Worst night in Kuching, never going back there. Don't choose this hostel.

Hi, I can only apologies for the smell of cigarettes during your stay, I was very shocked to find out that people had been smoking upstairs as we operate a stricked NO SMOKING policy inside the hostel. I was not around on the dates that you were here and the smoker had already left by the time I had returned. Once again very sorry and we wish you all the best.

Awesome place! I would go there again!

Hi, thanks for the great review, it was a great pleasure to meet you and we wish you all the best for the future. Calum, Georgie, Ben and Syeda