Borneo Seahare Guesthouse Reviews

No. 1 Wayang Street, Kuching, Sarawak, Kuching, Malaysia

Saying that this hostel was "like a home away from home" wouldn't be doing it justice. I had an amazing time in Kuching and a relaxing place to come home to, mostly thanks to Calum and Georgie and their awesome advice. They even took us out for dinner a few times and taught me how to beat them at Monopoly cards ;) Definitely would recommend staying here if you want a hassle free experience in Kuching.

This hostel is like a home away from home, relaxed vibe, clean, nice people and a great location! Most of the people I met there had stayed longer than they expected! It will be my first choice if I return to Kuching!

Absolutely dissatisfied, the whole place smelled like cigarette smoke, the showers are tiny and basically right above the toilet seats. No kitchen facilities. Worst night in Kuching, never going back there. Don't choose this hostel.

Hi, I can only apologies for the smell of cigarettes during your stay, I was very shocked to find out that people had been smoking upstairs as we operate a stricked NO SMOKING policy inside the hostel. I was not around on the dates that you were here and the smoker had already left by the time I had returned. Once again very sorry and we wish you all the best.

Awesome place! I would go there again!

Hi, thanks for the great review, it was a great pleasure to meet you and we wish you all the best for the future. Calum, Georgie, Ben and Syeda

there was this one guy there that kept talking about how he dressed his cat up as a baby... but otherwise it was a great place !

Hi, thanks for the great review, sincere apologies about the guy dressing his cat up like a baby... each to their own I guess..! ;-)

I have traveled to dozens of countries (there's only about 197 in all) and this was my favorite hostel. Great location, good amenities and facilities and just a lot of character. I came to Kuching and it rained everyday but honestly was happy just chilling at this place. The place is also currently staffed by two expats, Georgie aka giggles and fun is absolutely lovely. And her boyfriend, Calum, can lay bricks and blow darts. It's not to be missed. STAY HERE.

Hi, thanks for the awesome review! it was a real pleasure to have met you and I will pass on your lovely comments to Calum and Georgie. We wish you happy travels wherever they may take you!

This place is such a great hostel. It has a much different feel than other hostels, much more like a friend's place to hangout. But what really makes this hostel is the two working here: Calum and Georgie. These are the two best hostel workers I have ever met and maybe even the two best people ever! Make sure they take you out to Top Spot for seafood. Also challenge Calum to a game of blow darts. Even though he isn't very tough competition haha.

Hi, thanks for the great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here and I will pass on your very kind comments to Calum and Georgie, Im sure they will be very happy! All the best for the rest of your travels!

I had a good time at the Seahare.They had a bike retal place right below them. The common area was a relaxed space good to meet people. The place was clean. It was a good stay.

Totally enjoyed the four days at Borneo Seahare...great place where one can just chill out in the common area after a day out (or recovering from a long night of drinking!). Atmosphere was fantastic among fellow travellers...will definitely head back there again!

Arrived late (plane delay) after warning by email and even then received an excellent reception and information on the things we wanted to do the day after. The room with the double bed had airco and fan and windows that open. Bed is comfortable enough, showers/toilets are clean.

Really great place with wonderful staff. A good place to meet others to explore the city with. Clean and tidy with a cool outdoor area. Would highly reccomend.

Not very clean hostel and no atmosphere, but English Ben is helpful and he let me stay in the hostel after check out because my bus left late in the afternoon.