Bossa Nova Hostel Reviews

Rua Geraldo Antunes de Vasconcelos 33, Parati, Paraty, Brazil

Great and relaxed atmosphere and a superb and helpful staff. Only the rooms were really hot without aircon!

• 19th Feb 2015

We enjoyed staying here a lot. It is a good hostel to meet fellow travellers and has a well equipped kitchen. Allan, the owner, is very kind and have the answer to all your questions. Breakfast is awesome! Cons: Wifi doesn't work during rush hours and they don't have any luggage storage so you will have to leave your luggage in the bus terminal or pay half day.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Just to clarify: our wifi works very well once we pay for the best service offered in town. However when 30, 40 guests are sharing the signal it will be slower than usual as anywhere. Also we offer this half staying as a good option for our guests. In this case you have payed 20R$ to use all the services (wifi, guest kitchen, shower and your bed) until 11pm. I guess its absolutely fair enough once you left the hostel 12 hours after the checkout time. I believe its reasonable enough. Thank you.

I had an excellent time at this hostel. The owner is a very friendly and trustworthy person and was very genuine with the guests. The atmosphere in the evenings is great! A beautiful girl comes to make the most delicious caiparinhas each night and they were very reasonably priced. She took her time and made each one with love. One evening, several of us sat around playing music and singing and it was absolutely beautiful. I loved my time in Paraty and at this hostel.

Alan, the incredibly friendly host makes you feel right at home, offers you all the info you need to have a great time in Paraty, and genuinely cares about making the guests feel comfortable, relaxed and happy. Far from being a money-making business, the focus was all about creating an enjoyable atmosphere for everyone...I wish all hostels could be like that! I can't wait to come and stay at Bossa Nova again.

Our stay in Paraty was amazing : not only the city and its surroundings are truly beautiful but also we had a great time in Bossa Nova hostel ! Alan, the manager, is now a real friend for us : kind, caring, funny ... We spent days and nights talking with him about Paraty, Brazil and manu other subjects. It was the best way to know deeply the city ! Don't hesitate and seize your opportunity to enhance your stay in Paraty by staying in BN hostel :)

• 12th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Super hostel, very good value, nice atmosphere, both calm and cool. The staff was amazing, very friendly and looking after us. The breakfast was one of the best we had with fresh fruits and all you need...few blocks away from the center, bars and restaurant...overall a very nice experience ! We will come back here if passing by Paraty

Excellent stay at Bossa Nova hostel. The host was very welcoming, and took the time to answer our thousand questions ;) I strongly recommend this hostel for backpackers - you have everything you need to enjoy your stay in Paraty !

• 8th Feb 2015

The hostel is pretty good for what you are paying considering that Paraty is a touristic place and in an expensive country. I stayed in a female bedroom with private bathroom, it is spacy comfortable and there is enough space to put your stuff around. The breakfast is really good (fresh fruits, bread, hot drink, juice) and the manager was really helpful and nice, the kind of person who is always available for anything you need, of course Brazilian. Thanks a lot!!!

Hostel is a bit out of the historic centre but is easily walkable. There is a large supermarket just around the corner.

The staff was really helpfull and nice! We felt like at home :)

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Poland

The hostel isn't that bad. But it's a bit more like a hotel for families. They aren't prepare for backpackers. The rooms have only one fan and no much ventilation, which means it is quite hot. A lot of mosquitoes and the toilets are en-suite, that's fine but there aren't any outside. Only one hammock and in the check out is very strict. You can't leave your bags there. It even says on the rules, there are some lockers in the bus terminal. A good thing, the staff is friendly.

Sorry but something must be wrong. For sure we are prepared to host backpackers once 95% of our guest are backpackers from all over the world. First week of January are the brazilian holidays and its why we had some families here as well. Check our reviews. All our rooms are ensuite and nobody needs an outside bathroom in this case. I believe you dont have enough experience as a backpacker and its why your rate doesnt represent our hostel and quality. I kindly ask to you to read others reviews.

This hostel was absolutely fantastic! The staff are great and full of recommendations of how to spend time in Paraty! The communal area and bar was a great place to meet other travellers. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast in the morning was delicious! Although a 10 minute walk from the centre, its easy to get around Paraty and the hostel is next door to a supermarket. Would definitely recommend The Bosa Nova to those thinking of booking!

• 6th Jan 2015

Lovely place to stay.

Very nice stay at the Bossa Nova Hostel. Familiar atmosphere, the staff tries to help where they can. Nice patio where you have breakfast or a caipi at night and they put very good brazilian music there. We stayed there around New Years Eve, the city is kind of overloaded in that time which leads to water problems. Sometimes we didnt have water in the bathroom, but they have another source so you can take a shower outside. Not the hostel's fault but a structural problem of the city.

I had such a great time at Bossa Nova - the staff was truly warm and welcoming and was full of information. They really made my stay worthwhile and had great recommendations for daily activities. I am so glad to have met the team! Thanks for being so inclusive and welcoming!

A place for baggage would be ideal

I had a wonderful time at the Bossa Nova Hostel! I went with my boyfriend

Good recepcion and great Atmosphere. A relaxing place to stay.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

Nice safe hostel. A little far from the historical center, but close to a big market and the bus station. Alan is a very informative and helpful host. If you are looking for a nice quiet place to relax, then this would work. Not a party hostel. Also seemed to be a lot of rules, including no baggage storage once checked out which is odd and inconvienent. It was very expensive when we stayed, but it could be due to a Brazilian holiday which our dates fell on.But over all it was a nice place

Alan and his mum run a friendly, well-organised and safe hostel. There is a great social area and the rooms were nice. Wifi works well and it's only a short walk into town and to the bus station.