Bossa in Rio Hostel Reviews

Rua Joaquim Murtinho, 531 - Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Thanks to all the team of Bossa in Rio Hostel. We have loved our stay there, and it's due mostly to your kindness and your open-mind. Thank you again and keep on listening to good music and have good DVD on the place ... We also enjoyed very much the breakfast and the caïpirinhas at happy hour... And we don't forget Tapioca : say hello to him !! Anne and Rafaël (from France)

• 16th Feb 2015

The aircon and breakfast were fantastic and all the staff were wonderful! I loved it here! The location is beautiful and was perfect for me. I felt safe in this neighbourhood.

Best staff in South America. Really liked this place

cant be better!! they are in full details!

We were robbed by knife 20m from the hotel so the area is unsafe. The guy guessed the spot we were robbed at so its happened before and he didnt bother to tell us. He was then rude and confrontational and offered one pot noodle on credit only 'out of courtesy' but we could have no more (we would pay at check out) even though we had no cards or money on us. We moved the next day and were refused a discount of one night. Much safer to stay in ipanema/any other hostel. #worsthostelever

Very nice hostel , clean and good atmosphere

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Quite a small hostel with a nice atmosphere,guests are very friendly and talkative. Clean and good internet connection.

A great great hostel that I can only recommend when you want to see Rio from a different side!

• 18th Jul 2013

The location of this hostel is perfect for nightlife in Rio. It's a really charming venue that has great views of the city. The staff is accommodating, too. The only downside to this hostel is the higher price, but I'd say it is worth the extra bucks.

This is the best Hostel I ever stayed at amongs many.

Very clean and with good facilities.

It is in the central region, the few minutes to Lapa where there are several bars for fun. For the region of beaches is necessary to take subway or bus, but easy access. The rooms and bathrooms are cleaned daily. Highlighting the great staff, attentive to resolve their issues and initiate Happy Hour! Feel at home in this hostel!

a really lovely spacious hostel. friendly, helpful staff. loved the area -lots of beautiful buildings, and great bars and restaurants- although sometimes seemed a bit dodgy heading down towards lapa from here.

I was paid for service *cancel booking* $2, but I couldn't cancel my order in the hostel. Personal make a strange claim.. I believe that's girl pretty good, but she speak english too sloppy. Atmosphere seems to be friendly but it is realy clear that it is not truly nevermore (

• 12th Apr 2013
  • Russia

a really really nice and cosy place. little monkeys are jumping in the trees. its the perfect stay to explore santa theresa and lapa...

From arriving at the hostel to leaving we really enjoyed every minute spent there. It was very clean and the atmosphere was friendly and ejoyable. The staff were all helpful and knowledgable about the local area. If I was to return to Rio I would 100% stay here. The only negative was the local area in Lapa at night was slightly dodgy but that is no reflection on the hostel.

The hostel is really clean and new, the atmosphere is great, it's very nicely decorated, it has good music, you can hang out in the common areas which are comfy and you can feel at home. You get free water and coffee 24/7, breakfast is abundant and tasty, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I got the feeling that the neighbourhood was sort of dangerous at night but it's just a feeling, nothing happened to me, and it's really close to all the clubs and nightlife in Lapa. Excellent overall

Very recomendable hostel. Everything was fine, very clean, very helpful people. Just in Santa Teresa, so you need to climb from and to Lapa if dont have a car.

It is a quite nice hotel near Lapa this Suites can be noisy as there just above the hostel bar and the doors slam very loudly in the morning.

Very good hostel close to the lapa nightlife. Only downside to the hostel is the steep climb up the hill to reach it and the exuberance of stairways inside the grounds of the hostel. But the view certainly makes up for it. Staff is very helpfull and the bunkbeds are what bunkbeds should be like.Excellent option if you want to be close to the nightlife and don't mind training your legs.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6