Bossa in Rio Hostel Reviews

Rua Joaquim Murtinho, 531 - Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Best staff in South America. Really liked this place

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Israel

cant be better!! they are in full details!

We were robbed by knife 20m from the hotel so the area is unsafe. The guy guessed the spot we were robbed at so its happened before and he didnt bother to tell us. He was then rude and confrontational and offered one pot noodle on credit only 'out of courtesy' but we could have no more (we would pay at check out) even though we had no cards or money on us. We moved the next day and were refused a discount of one night. Much safer to stay in ipanema/any other hostel. #worsthostelever

Very nice hostel , clean and good atmosphere

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Quite a small hostel with a nice atmosphere,guests are very friendly and talkative. Clean and good internet connection.

A great great hostel that I can only recommend when you want to see Rio from a different side!

• 18th Jul 2013

The location of this hostel is perfect for nightlife in Rio. It's a really charming venue that has great views of the city. The staff is accommodating, too. The only downside to this hostel is the higher price, but I'd say it is worth the extra bucks.

This is the best Hostel I ever stayed at amongs many.

Very clean and with good facilities.

It is in the central region, the few minutes to Lapa where there are several bars for fun. For the region of beaches is necessary to take subway or bus, but easy access. The rooms and bathrooms are cleaned daily. Highlighting the great staff, attentive to resolve their issues and initiate Happy Hour! Feel at home in this hostel!

a really lovely spacious hostel. friendly, helpful staff. loved the area -lots of beautiful buildings, and great bars and restaurants- although sometimes seemed a bit dodgy heading down towards lapa from here.

I was paid for service *cancel booking* $2, but I couldn't cancel my order in the hostel. Personal make a strange claim.. I believe that's girl pretty good, but she speak english too sloppy. Atmosphere seems to be friendly but it is realy clear that it is not truly nevermore (

• 12th Apr 2013
  • Russia

a really really nice and cosy place. little monkeys are jumping in the trees. its the perfect stay to explore santa theresa and lapa...

From arriving at the hostel to leaving we really enjoyed every minute spent there. It was very clean and the atmosphere was friendly and ejoyable. The staff were all helpful and knowledgable about the local area. If I was to return to Rio I would 100% stay here. The only negative was the local area in Lapa at night was slightly dodgy but that is no reflection on the hostel.

The hostel is really clean and new, the atmosphere is great, it's very nicely decorated, it has good music, you can hang out in the common areas which are comfy and you can feel at home. You get free water and coffee 24/7, breakfast is abundant and tasty, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I got the feeling that the neighbourhood was sort of dangerous at night but it's just a feeling, nothing happened to me, and it's really close to all the clubs and nightlife in Lapa. Excellent overall

Very recomendable hostel. Everything was fine, very clean, very helpful people. Just in Santa Teresa, so you need to climb from and to Lapa if dont have a car.

It is a quite nice hotel near Lapa this Suites can be noisy as there just above the hostel bar and the doors slam very loudly in the morning.

Very good hostel close to the lapa nightlife. Only downside to the hostel is the steep climb up the hill to reach it and the exuberance of stairways inside the grounds of the hostel. But the view certainly makes up for it. Staff is very helpfull and the bunkbeds are what bunkbeds should be like.Excellent option if you want to be close to the nightlife and don't mind training your legs.

I was disappointed with the manners of a particular staff. The hostel had an empty and cold feeling; staff could have been more upbeat and helpful. Breakfast was limited. I was booked into a 4-bed dorm when all the beds were taken/had dirty sheets on them still. But the worst thing I felt, when I say goodbye on leaving the hostel, your staff should have the manners to respond back and say goodbye and offer to help with bags when I am struggling. Not just sit silent. That is just RUDE!

Dear guest, We are surprised to hear your comments. This is the first time we got a complain about our staff and breakfast. To provide great service is very important to us, and I apologize to you that you left with the feeling our service wasn´t great. We offer to all of our guest a complete Brazilian buffet breakfast (and our guests can eat as much as they want). It includes bread, butter, jam, cheese, ham, fruits, honey, coffee, tea, milk, cereal, cookies and cake. We take comments very seriously and one of our main goals it to provide excelent service to our guest. I hope you can stay with us another time and give us an opportunity to change your perceptions about Bossa in Rio, since what you have experienced seems to be very different from what the other guests do. Kind regards, Fernanda Junqueira Bossa in Rio - Manager

Bossa in Rio hostel is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at. Its very clean and modern with a relaxing atmosphere. The staff are quite friendly and helpful too. We couldnt find heaps of things to do in the Santa Teresa area but its a good base if you want to check out Lapa and Centro.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6