Fabulous 241 Total Reviews
Fabulous 241 Total Reviews
Bossa in Rio Hostel Located at Rua Joaquim Murtinho, 531 - Santa Teresa, , Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro 20241-320 Rua Joaquim Murtinho, 531 - Santa Teresa
86% 241
-22.9166185 -43.1828355
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Mar 2016
6.3

Good place to unwind or relax

• tomprotean8225
  • Hungary, Male, 31-40
22nd Feb 2016

I really enjoyed my short stay at this quality hostel which was spacious, well-equipped, safe and with a copious breakfast! Everything was in perfect working order, fast internet etc. Mattresses were very confortable and of the thick type. There is room and discretion! Location is very good and easy to find, I could take the Selaron steps to get to the hostel if I wanted.

Dear guest, We are glad you enjoyed the time you spent with us! Thank you for being our guest and also thank you for taking the time to share your perception with our futures guests. If you ever need anything from Rio, don´t hesitate to contact us! We hope to host you again in the future. Kind regards, Fernanda Bossa in Rio

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
8th Feb 2016
7.4

It was a good stay. The highlight mostly is the Staff. The girls who are responsible for the front desk are very nice and always ready to help. Treicy proved to be a very good professional always ready to help and provide information about whatever you asked and the same goes for Cici. Both of them were great and very nice to us.

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
4th Feb 2016

If i go back ro rio, i go back to bossa that's for sure!

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
23rd Jan 2016
6.0

This hostel has a good breakfast and good beds, and an amazing shower. But for me it is always very important how is the people working in such places, and in this hostel they are not exactly nice. I felt all the time that I did not exist, or that I was bothering. The rest normal.

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions. We completely agree with you. It is extremely important for a hostel to have friendly employees providing a very good client service. It was with surprise I read you comment. Everybody in our staff is treined to always be nice and also to be prepared to help guests with everything they need. I apologize you didn´t get the attention you deserve. I will keep a closer I to make sure no other guest think this way. When you are in Rio again, please let us know and we will give you an especial discount for your next stay. Kind regards, Fernanda Junqueira Bossa in Rio

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
10th Jan 2016

Helpful and friendly staff, it is a bit of a trial getting from the road to the top of the stairs and then to the top of the house but that is not a surprise, it is advertised in their information. It makes you feel like you have conquered Mount Everest by the time you get there! It is relatively quiet which is a nice escape in a noisy city such as Rio. Not a party hostel but they do have a bar open at night, good location in walking distance from Lapa. I really liked this hostel.

30th Dec 2015
4.9

Hated the location. Would not walk home at night alone. Bums everywhere 2 minutes from the place. Dont stay here as a single female. Only good for a group going down to drink in Lapa There was no atmosphere. Very little area to meet and mingle. Wifi was not great There was never soap in the bathrooms. I also had to personally get toilet paper 2 times. The showers had mold everywhere. The beds were at least quite nice with the curtains.

Dear guest, I´m sorry you didn´t enjoy the days you spent with us. We work hard so our guest can leave the hostel with great memories. At that time, the hostel was fully booked with 55 other people and while everybody was out and celebrating New Year ’s Eve you preferred to stay in alone and go to bed early. You stayed during a very busy time of the year and I apologize about the toilet paper. I respect that you personally didn´t like our location. Fortunately the majority of our guests (including many single women) have a good experience at our hostel. Once again I´m sorry you didn´t have a good time. If you are ever back in Rio and wish to give us another chance, we will work harder to change your perception. Best regards, Bossa in Rio

6th Dec 2015

Nice hostel if you are looking for a quiet place. It's clean, cozy and the staff is great. The kitchen is clean but poorly equipped. Breakfast is very big. Internet is working. Pay attention: you have to climb a long staircase to reach the hostel from its main entrance.