Bostel Amsterdamse Bos Reviews

Kleine Noorddijk 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

这是我住过的最差的地方,定了两晚上只住了一晚就走了,受不了,没有一点可取之处!!!

I would not recommend this hostel to anyone! It is far from the city center, a hassle to reach, they don't provide toilet paper, showers cost money and the water pressure is horrible. Wifi doesn't work in rooms. When we arrived at 8pm there was no one to check us in. There was a note that our cabin would be open. There was no way to lock it because we had no key. So all night my sister and I were uneasy knowing our door was open. Overall horrible experience. No savings paying 10 euro per bus.

• 20th Jul 2014

We had a very nice stay in Camping Bos! It is about one hour far from the city centre of Amsterdam but I recommend this camping for a nice holiday in the nature for a very cheap price :-) We really enjoyed it!

• 18th Jul 2014

Even hotshowers toilet papers was priced. Wtf!

Lovely place to stay if you don't mind travelling into Amsterdam.

• 11th Jul 2014

Many additional charges that were not stated on the website. Wifi was very poor. Was a lovely setting just seemed that they were trying to make as much money as possible.

• 5th Jul 2014

The camping is over 1 hour from the city centre (40mn with the metro+25mn to walk) if you are not willing to pay 5€ for a one way bus ticket. It is written that it takes about 25mn of metro and 15mn on foot but it is not the case. The wifi is said to be available on the whole campside but it didn't work except in front of the reception. You have to pay to have warm water (1€ for 6minutes!) & the showers were clean the first day but disguting the next day! But the cabin is nice at least.

• 4th Jul 2014

I liked it, It was as described and it was nice as whole

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Bulgaria

This Hostel/camping is far from the center and it looks like a Sims village. The shower cost you 1€. The only good things is the way by bike to the center because you ride throught the Bos parc.

The hostel has a very nice atmosphere in the middle of the Amsterdamse Bos, the cabins are pretty and simple but it is really far from the center of Amsterdam(15min to the closest metro station and 24stops to get to central station). Another problem is that the bathrooms are out of the cabins and the water is really really cold, forcing you to pay for 6 minutes of hot water(1euro). Wifi didn't work in our rooms but it probably work on some others. Despite all that I would stay there again.

I believe that the main service of this place is not a hostel service. They have a huge space and differents kind of accommodations. The kitchen is huge but is not so organized, looks like a big refectory. The bathrooms and showers usually clean. But you need to pay to get hot water from the showers. The staff is ok. The 4 bed dorm has just one socket to connect electronics, it is very difficult if you imagine that each person has at a least one cellphone to recharge.

For travellers looking to explore the centrer alot Amsterdamse Bos is probably not the best place to stay. Travelling by bus or tram is easy but expensive and prices on the site are misleading. What eles is misleading is the checking in and out of the hostle on the site as we were told we would be allowed access aftrer 10 at night but 2 of our other party were told different upon arrival and were initially not allowed access. It is a shame that such a nice camp site has such rude staff.

• 25th Jun 2014

The main guy at the desk was the most awful disgusting man I have ever met, he had no way with people or how to run a buisiness instead of us being right he was always right, it ruined my stay and I will never go back

• 25th Jun 2014

Staff were terribly rude and impatient, however it's a great place to stay and a lotta fun to cycle everywhere! Beds comfy and such

• 24th Jun 2014

Extremely far away from city centre, need to walk for at least half an hour after getting off the metro, full of insects in rooms and kitchen, need to pay for hot water for shower, reception closes at 9pm which is too early. Choose this hostel if you want to have an unhappy experience in your trip.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Nasty attention of the staff. The guy in the reception asked me to pay an extra day if I was in the installation before 3:00 pm.

Mixed opinion. Guy who owned the place had strange humour and very hot and cold, dont rub him up wrong. It takes a lot more effort to get in and out of Amsterdam than it says on the website. Once you work it out its not too bad, I suggest buying a 24 hour ticket and leaving from spinnerij metro station. You have to buy toilet rolls (50c) and 6mins in the shower is €1! Other than that its very cheap, very pretty, very clean and a lovely setting to chow some fungi! If you hire a bike it is

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Wales

Was pretty far away from city. Took about 40 minutes to get to center city. But site itself was great.

Firstly, the man in reception wasn't kind. And what is more, there were white worms in cabin. I'm not happy at all.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I didn't expect a palace, but this place was awful. I arrived late and the cabin was open, because the reception was already closed. So, there were no sheets, no towels and what really freaked me out - no toilet paper. I mean, okay, it's part a hostel, part a camping, but no sheets and no toilet paper?! I couldn't get much sleep, because the staff came twice before 10 - once they wanted an ID-card, which I understood and an hour later, they wanted from us to pay.

• 17th Jun 2014