Bostel Amsterdamse Bos Reviews

Kleine Noorddijk 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent stay to los costa plce despite some distance to downtown

• 22nd Apr 2015

Have to know what you're getting into going in-it is camping. They we charge you for everything from showers to toilet paper. Would have been a much more pleasant experience with better staff

Bus connection was expensive and took a long time. Also the night bus was a long walk to the camping

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

A really pleasant place :-) we've enjoyed the trip.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Nice little area but as a whole the camping site was nothing special, just your average European camping sites. Staff was unfriendly and not cooperative at all. They were however very lenient towards partying. Public transport system nearby is great but the walk to the metro is a bit of a bummer

After reading the reviews I was nervous about meeting the man at reception as he was described as rude. Completely wrong! We were greeted with the warmest welcome I've ever received at a hostel or a hotel for that matter. He was charming and funny and very helpful! The free wifi was great and the kitchen was a lovely place to meet people with pots and pans and plates etc all provided. Extremely clean too. It was lovely to sleep in what was like a Wendy house! Very cute. Lovely with the sun!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

The location is not very good, because is far from the center, but has bus in front of the entrance, worthy. Bathrooms very good, spacious, clean and bright. The shower is very broad, with large mirror and sockets, the shower box has dividers for your stuff. Difficult thing to find in hostels. In the showers you must pay 10 cents per minute bath, but worthy, because compared to most other hostels the shower is great. Light environment and very beautiful.

receptionists are two-faced. When you come to pay for the stay, they are nice, when I ask them for a little request, they just hung the phone.. TWICE! Do not recommend, this is not hot to make a business.

It took us around 1 1/2 hour to find it (we started at Amsterdam sloterdijk ;)) there were no duvet covers and we had to rent one for 1€ and clean it at he other day for 4:50€. The bungalow was very old in the night

• 10th Apr 2015

The location is very far from center. Its better to live near center paying a bit high rent because paying to metro or bus will cost you more again. The wifi in our camp was not good, couldn't use the internet properly. You have to pay for each and everything you do, you have mattress and a comforter. Those who want to go to center and come back to sleep is very far.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Nepal

Hot water 1€\4 minut, really really far from center, 1h metro

The hotel is located in the outside of amsterdam it takes you 30 min by metro to get to the centrum and 1.5 hr by bike. The price is fare but i recomend to stay in a hostel/hostal close to the centrum

We had a fantastic stay in one of the cabins. The public bath houses were always clean and warm (but make sure you bring your own toilet paper). Very close to public transportation, shops, and the airport. Great location. Staff was always super helpful.

• 5th Apr 2015

Maybe you should aware the cleanliness of the toilets as we share them. So it becomes smelly. I suggest you provide toilet fragrance ☺️

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

The hostel isn't close to the city center. Despite the cold weather they don't provide basic goods such as heater or hot water.

I wento to amsterdam for the weekend and I didnt line te hostel at all. I das share for one night of heating that i did not use and i went to talk about that con recepción and the guy was so mat at me because it didnt seem fare to me to pay 6 €, so Kick me out of the camping, he was really rude he said he wasnt gonna take my stuff, he das yelling at me so bad. The guy is crazy and he does whatever he wanst because he's the owner. I dont recomend that place at all

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Colombia

Too far from the city

Shouldn't have charged for guests when they want to take a shower. The amount paid for staying in the hostel should be included with free shower. Quite a burden for guests in order to change the coin or taking a shower at the counter which is quite far away from the toilet(especially the one that are far from the reception). Otherwise quite a good area and cool environment to live with. Feel like in a school camping.. =)

The place was ok for the price I paid. The problem is the guy who runs the place is the rudest most arrogant man iv ever had the displeasure of meeting. Very very poor service from him.

• 27th Mar 2015

All encounters we had the personell (except for the hut caretaker) was very unfriendly. For example: We arrived at the hostel and it was dark light outside the hut was broken). Both of us working in an lab, we found a key-switch which we assumed (as normal in labs) was the general switch. After using it, we noticed that the heating was on and turned it off. Next morning they told us we had to pay for heating. Very unaccommodating - even got told to drink less (we have not been drinking at all)!

• 27th Mar 2015