Bostel Amsterdamse Bos

Good 2485 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
24th Jul 2017
6.0

I only found out upon arriving that I could check out EARLIEST at 8:30 the next morning. They made me pay a 20 EUR deposit on the key without informing me of this and since I had a flight early the next morning, I could not get my deposit back. They definitely should have made this clear to me as most hostels let you check out earlier.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
21st Jul 2017
4.0

Located about an hour journey away from the city center at the very least. Directions to get to and from the public transport were extremely poor and were given by the manager who seemed to not care about his guests. He was rude and unprofessional. The atmosphere is great and the people staying here were nice, but i would only suggest for family's to stay and not tourists. Overall I was extremely disappointed and I would recommend paying a little extra for somewhere nearer to the city.

• jcpovedag2557
  • Colombia, Male, 18-24
17th Jul 2017
2.3

Esto es lo peor en hostales y queda muy lejos de la ciudad de Amsterdam por favor sacar esto de esta aplicación

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
9th Jul 2017
5.1

Not a good hostel. Bed sheets weren't included and as we were a late check in with reception closed there was no possibility of buying sheets which was disappointing. Communal kitchen was dirty and one member of staff was very unfriendly. However, the woman who served me on my last evening was extremely friendly and kind. As leaving early morning we checked out the evening before and they made us leave the key with them at 8pm and so our chalet was unlocked all night. Not very secure at all.

• Colombia, Mixed Group, 25-30
4th Jul 2017

Is a perfect option if you want enjoy amsterdam and theirs landscapes... The camping is so clean, the atmosphere is amazing, always you can see bunny around of you! Definitely on this place you can relax and spend your vacation :)

• dcolgan471
  • Northern Ireland, Couple, 18-24
4th Jul 2017
3.4

I do not recommend. More for family's than travellers. The added charges for the facilities is crazy, toliet roll, shower use etc. The staff are very unhelpful and rude. They place wasn't very clean and had unusable Wi-Fi in the rooms. The reception and only shop on campus closes at 8 and acceptions are not made, so if you need anything urgently you'll have to borrow. Although simple to get to the centre it's a long journey. 15 minute walk followed by a 30 minute tram ride.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
3rd Jul 2017
4.3

There wasn't any toilet paper, we had to buy it. There wasn't any soap. The kitchen was out of date, and we couldn't light the cooker because there were no matches. The staff were rude. The hostel is definitely more than 30 minutes from Amsterdam. You should check on Google maps before booking because it's more like 50 mins.

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Jun 2017
8.0

Fairly far from the centre of Amsterdam but it is easy to access by public transport. The facilities were clean and secure and there was a very friendly atmosphere.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
29th Jun 2017
7.4

Wifi sucks, it drops out and is really slow

26th Jun 2017
2.9

This "hostel" is more of a campground. They really should give you a notice that there isn't toilet paper anywhere and after arriving while on my period in the middle of the night, I was pretty pissed off that I had to steal someone's toilet paper in order to clean up. The hostel cabins are insecure and there are no lockers. Bathroom and kitchen are not the cleanest. Top bunk hard to get into. Pay for showers and rude staff. My advice: Spend 10€ more to save 8€ on the train.. not worth it.