Bostel Amsterdamse Bos Reviews

Kleine Noorddijk 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2097 Total Reviews

Everything is an extra. Extra fees for towels, for sheats, for toilet paper, for having a shower... We book for a double bed ans we get two singles. The place wasn't confy and was very noisy because of the airport.

• 6th Feb 2016

It was perfectly

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a total of 3 nights to celebrate New Years in Amsterdam. We were about a 15-20 minute walk from the nearest metro which took us straight into the center of Amsterdam; by car it was about a 20 minute drive to Amsterdam from Amstelveen.. The location was lovely and quiet for when we wanted time away from the city, yet the city still in close vicinity and easily assessable! The staff was great and overall we were statisfied with our stay!

• 29th Dec 2015

It's good.

Poor, poor, poor !

Really nice camp ground with a nice cabin. Although you do have to pay for everything including toilet paper, showers and even heating. But this wouldn't have been as bad if the owner wasn't so rude. One of the rudest people I've ever encountered. Oh and the kitchen which was supposed to be for us to cook meals in was closed and when I asked about it he got angry and rude. Nice place, I wouldn't stay here again though knowing my money is going to this guy.

Excellent

• 14th Nov 2015

It´s a great place but is difficult to arrive for many turist

The hostel is open 24/7 by foot or bike, and you kind of have to trust your stuff with your roommates, but other than that is is exactly what it says - a bunch of cabins in the woods. Getting to the city is easy if you don't mind walking to the bus station, and staff is very helpful.

• 13th Nov 2015

Very rude and stressed staff. The price isnt cheap, there is nothing included. The room werent clean. Dont recommend !

Hi, it was one of the wonderful stay among my all trips...very nice place, neat, clean and comfort....cheap and beautiful place....transportation is available...

• 7th Nov 2015
  • India

We enjoyed our stay here. The cabin was spacious, clean and cosy. The location was a bit of a pain to get into the city but ok if you were wanting to go into the city and stay there all day. I found it absolutely ridiculous that we were forced to pay for toilet paper to use when our stay was not that cheap in the first place. I think it is cheeky and mean to make someone pay for a necessary item such as that for our stay. Showers and heating were also additional.

Better than we expected, if you do everything like they should be done you don't have problems with staff.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Finland

Reviews here vary tremendously. I guess I am on the 5 star side. I live in Amsterdam myself and this is the perfect basic city getaway. Bang into nature with opportunity for solitude and quietness. And connecting if you like. I had no problems with anyone whatsoever. Well organized, cheap (yes, they keep costs low by making you pay for extra's, that's a low-cost strategy nothing else) and clean. One thing I would prefer to change is not having people smoking weed joints in the breakfast area :)

This place is so lucky that Amaterdam is a wonderful city because other than that, staying here even two days was too long. The owner is incredibly rude, the place itself is dismal. And normally I wouldn't mind a 30 minute commute to the city center but this was too much. If you have the chance of staying anywhere is Amsterdam, save yourself a headache and some time and stay away from here. Otherwise reserve this place as a last resort and minimize your stay.

• 30th Oct 2015

The cabinat we live is very clean and comfortable. We enjoy it very much. The ckiching room is to improve. I will book next time a cab with Cooke possibility.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • China
  • Couple, 41+

Is a normal hostel but you have to pay for everything even toilet paper and showers

While far out of central Amsterdam, this bostel is an incredibly unique experience. We stayed for four nights in a four person Eco lodge cabin. We opted to rent bikes for three days and biked everywhere in Amsterdam. The bike the city center is about 12 km, but everywhere you go is flat so it isn't bad at all. Plus the first half of the ride is through the Bos, which is a beautiful forest. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for an experience they want to remember.

Great night with you but it would have been a little better if we could have got the cabin heating working 😃 Thanks

• 10th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The owner of the hostel was very nasty with us! When we checked we were told we can check out early becuase we had an early flight. The day before our flight we went to reconfirm that with the manager and he yelled at us for asking a simple request, and even threatened to not give us back our deposit! Horrible customer relations! Not only that, this place is a 30 minute walk from the closest metro station, and the metro ride is about an hour to Amsterdam City Centre. Not worth the cheap price.

• 8th Oct 2015