Bostel Amsterdamse Bos Reviews

Kleine Noorddijk 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location is not very good, because is far from the center, but has bus in front of the entrance, worthy. Bathrooms very good, spacious, clean and bright. The shower is very broad, with large mirror and sockets, the shower box has dividers for your stuff. Difficult thing to find in hostels. In the showers you must pay 10 cents per minute bath, but worthy, because compared to most other hostels the shower is great. Light environment and very beautiful.

receptionists are two-faced. When you come to pay for the stay, they are nice, when I ask them for a little request, they just hung the phone.. TWICE! Do not recommend, this is not hot to make a business.

It took us around 1 1/2 hour to find it (we started at Amsterdam sloterdijk ;)) there were no duvet covers and we had to rent one for 1€ and clean it at he other day for 4:50€. The bungalow was very old in the night

• 10th Apr 2015

The location is very far from center. Its better to live near center paying a bit high rent because paying to metro or bus will cost you more again. The wifi in our camp was not good, couldn't use the internet properly. You have to pay for each and everything you do, you have mattress and a comforter. Those who want to go to center and come back to sleep is very far.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Nepal

Hot water 1€\4 minut, really really far from center, 1h metro

The hotel is located in the outside of amsterdam it takes you 30 min by metro to get to the centrum and 1.5 hr by bike. The price is fare but i recomend to stay in a hostel/hostal close to the centrum

Maybe you should aware the cleanliness of the toilets as we share them. So it becomes smelly. I suggest you provide toilet fragrance ☺️

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

The hostel isn't close to the city center. Despite the cold weather they don't provide basic goods such as heater or hot water.

I wento to amsterdam for the weekend and I didnt line te hostel at all. I das share for one night of heating that i did not use and i went to talk about that con recepción and the guy was so mat at me because it didnt seem fare to me to pay 6 €, so Kick me out of the camping, he was really rude he said he wasnt gonna take my stuff, he das yelling at me so bad. The guy is crazy and he does whatever he wanst because he's the owner. I dont recomend that place at all

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Colombia

Too far from the city

Shouldn't have charged for guests when they want to take a shower. The amount paid for staying in the hostel should be included with free shower. Quite a burden for guests in order to change the coin or taking a shower at the counter which is quite far away from the toilet(especially the one that are far from the reception). Otherwise quite a good area and cool environment to live with. Feel like in a school camping.. =)

The place was ok for the price I paid. The problem is the guy who runs the place is the rudest most arrogant man iv ever had the displeasure of meeting. Very very poor service from him.

• 27th Mar 2015

All encounters we had the personell (except for the hut caretaker) was very unfriendly. For example: We arrived at the hostel and it was dark light outside the hut was broken). Both of us working in an lab, we found a key-switch which we assumed (as normal in labs) was the general switch. After using it, we noticed that the heating was on and turned it off. Next morning they told us we had to pay for heating. Very unaccommodating - even got told to drink less (we have not been drinking at all)!

• 27th Mar 2015

No toilet papers. Even taking a shower in the bathroom was chargeable. Poor Wifi.

• 15th Mar 2015
  • India

Very nice place. But you have to pay for The hot water and we didn't know that :(

Well lets start with the good points: the nature is great, it is a lovely place for camping. They have rabbits all over camping area. Bad points: they have everything for extra-pay (sheets, heating, shower, toilet paper..). The staff is rude and do not solve any extra problems. Wifi connection is low and they have no frige.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Ukraine

Disappointed the closest shower had a "closed for winter " sign on it. Didn't understand why ladies shower in the block wasn't closed too? Particularly as there seemed to be more men staying there than women. Happy with the rest of the service. Will definitely stay again if back in town. Friendly staff, easy to get to city, enjoyed the park location ( be a great spot in the summer)

the camping is in the outskirts of Amsterdam, so definitely not center. It is anyhow very good in terms of value for money. It is reachable with the metro and -even if we got lost in the process- we had a nice walk in the beautiful green surrounding area, that is really quiet and nice. Not for lazy people I would say :P The bungalow is small but confortable and there are cute bunnies in the camping! We'll go there also next times

It is great that it is next to this huge park (Amsterdamse Bos). The cottages are very nice. I would like to suggest you put some sort of carpet for mud at the entrance of the cottages, so we can clean our shoes before entering the room. Otherwise, it gets very dirty inside... But I had a great time.

This place charges extra for EVERYTHING; not even showers or the sheets for your "bed" (thin rubber mattress) are free. We arrived at 8pm and the office was already closed. I knocked on the door and asked if we could still get some sheets, but the guy was very rude and refused our polite request.

• 19th Feb 2015