Bostel Amsterdamse Bos Reviews

Kleine Noorddijk 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2097 Total Reviews

The cabin we were staying in smelt damp and wasn't very nice. The area itself looks to have some lovely walks but the atmosphere of the campsite made is not want to hang around. Although it comes across as cheap by the time you have bought all the essentials (bed sheets, loo roll, coins for hot showers) it actually comes more expensive than most of the hostels.

• 5th Oct 2015

The worst place we have stayed in our past two years of travelling. highly unrecommend. The facilities are dirty, the kitchen was disgusting, it was a 30 minute walk to a tram which takes another 30 minutes to get into town, I saw dead rabbits around the campsite, absolutely no security or staff after 6, and the worst staff I have ever met. A horrible man runs this place who I saw shout and swear at multiple guest including us. The whole place has an unfriendly atmosphere. Do not stay here.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

This is a wonderful camping site , with cabins for rent and parking for motorhomes. if you are looking for this type of place (I was) - it is great! peaceful, green, clean, beautiful, and located in a good place. Staff were very nice. notice - if you want heating and you arrive late, you should ask in advance. Absolutely lovely!

The supermarket didn't have any fresh food when I arrived at 5pm and there aren't any restaurants nearby so I ended up not eating on the night I stayed there. It was my fault for not being more prepared, but I knew there was a supermarket and I expected there to be more of a selection. The setting was beautiful, the ecolodge was spacious and comfortable and I would definitely go back (and take my own food!), however I think it is more set up for families and groups than single backpackers

• 26th Sep 2015

Not a great place. Have to pay for everything like shower, bedding, toilet paper. Very far from central, takes up to 2 hours on bus/tram or sometimes both depending on time of day.

• 24th Sep 2015

The atmosphere was not very welcoming. My room had very bad air (also after leaving the door open) and a strange smell. Plus, it It was an ok place. A little too far out in my opinion, but as it is also a campsite, I guess that's fine.

It was ok, no complaint

Its lucky Amsterdam is a beautiful place to visit because that's pretty much the only benefit to this hostel. The male staff member in particular (middle aged) was unbelievably rude and unhelpful. The showers were terrible even though you payed (it only lasts 6 mins and no pressure) The wifi is terrible, and he said "it works best in the kitchen"..it doesn't, and there is no one even in the kitchen it's scary. too expensive to get into the city so may aswel just stay in there for a more $ hostel

Owner is brusque, but if you follow the rules he's pleasant enough. Location is very near the airport so if you need to stay overnight and head out to a flight, the bus goes from very nearby right to the airport. Metro is a bit of a walk but takes you straight to town. Cabins are quaint and cozy. There are bunnies all over the yard. You can rent bikes there. Only one downside - there is no toilet paper anywhere in the bathroom and nowhere to get any if you don't have it with you, and no warning

You got to know what your getting into. Yes it is far away from the city (but its also wicked easy to find), yes it basic (borderline camping) , but know this and you'll have a great time. The cheapest place near Amsterdam, would stay again 100%!

• 18th Sep 2015

We stayed in Hiker's cabin for 2 days.The location is nice,calm in the forest. I recommend to reach to this location from Schiphol station.Take bus 199(5€ ticket) and it's hardly 30mins direct journey.The staff were nice and helpful but I faced little problem to book bicycle, If you have booking for four people then you can rent bicycle for four people only and not less than that..it's strange rule.Toilets were clean.The shop is good for daily supplies.Overall it more a camping loc. than hostel.

• 12th Sep 2015
  • India

The whole camping park experience is amazing. We stayed in a bungalow in a "neighbourhood". The fields are amazing, with little bunnies jumping around the gardens. The bad thing is the showers are a bit far from the houses, but the 1€ we spend to have hot water is worth it, and the showers are good and comfortable. It s s bit far from the city, but the way from the station to the hostel is very pleasant and safe. I will definitly be coming back, whenever I go to amsterdam again.

I booked this hostel for me and a friend of mine for three days on a bike-tour as we were stuck in rainy weather when we came to Amsterdam. We transported our luggage 3 floors in the elvator and then had to go another up the stairs I opened the door and there it was: another dozen of stairs. As we managed to go up there with our luggage we saw, that the 8-person-mixed-dorm i booked was made to a 9-person-mixed-dorm with something like a camp bed. The bath smelled badly of urine and was unclean..

• 2nd Sep 2015

Beautifully situated, well organized, quality of food store and facilities exellent for good price.Thank you I enjoyed my stay.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

Amsterdamse bos… STAY AWAY. YOU ARE BETTER OFF SLEEPING ROUGH FOR THE NIGHT. Firstly.. if you expect a dirty accommodation in the middle of nowhere, with nothing included you’ve stumbled on the right lodge. We travelled by over ground train from the airport and it took the best bit of 45 minutes and conveniently followed by a followed by a 45 minute bus ride…Hardly close to the city centre. Take a look at the map, it’s nowhere near the city centre. After the exhausting bus ride expect to walk

• 25th Aug 2015

One nice young staff member, location terrible and were optimistic in how long it took to get to Amsterdam centre, coffee was like a shot and toilets were worse than the battle of the Somme

Amsterdamse Bos is a great camping site to visit Amsterdam from if you're willing to spend a little money and time on public transport. Takes roughly one hour to get from the camping to the Central station (20 minutes walking to the metro stop + 30 minutes on the metro itself). The showers and toilets are not integrated in the bungalows but rather in a separate building, but still close enough to not be annoying. If hostels in the city are too expensive for you, this place is a viable choice.

Staff were dismissive, our cabin was very nice but we found that the toilet blocks and showers were disgusting. However, the kitchen was very good and had everything you'd need to cook a meal. Main complaint is that there are lots of hidden costs, for example, you have to pay for toilet roll, heating, bedding, and when we asked if there was drinking water, the receptionist told us we had to buy it from the shop.

Way too expensive for what you get, but it was still a nice experience. You do pay for showers €1 = 6 minutes. Sheets are not included but there are blankets and pillows so if you have a sleeping bag it's comfortable. The kitchen area is gross as are the bathrooms (bring toilet paper). But it was very quiet and you can take the metro straight out. If they had charged less they would have had full ratings.

no bed sheet ........