Botel Zebra Reviews

PObox 2430, NL 1000CK, Oosterdok t/o 4, Amsterdam, Netherlands

My friend and I most definitely enjoyed our stay at Botel Zebra! We enjoyed having our own private quarters with a personal shower and toilet. These all gave us a very comfortable stay. Of course, the included breakfasts were a huge bonus for us, as it allowed us to save money and time. Good location also! The payment process was a bit confusing, so I believe that could be improved upon. Thanks for a great stay!

I will admit, I had a place to sleep but that is all. You couldn't use the wifi after 11pm, there's none in the room. It was VERY cold. There's no central heating system, but there is a heater in your room which takes hours to heat the entire room. There was a HORRIBLE smell throughout the room, and everything felt wet. My friend and I couldn't figure out why the room felt so damp. I was beyond ready to go back home. The shower was horribly creepy, I was afraid to use it. DON'T buy this botel.

• 6th Nov 2015

The staff were helpful. The location was different to the directions given when we booked, it was on Pier 5, not 3. When we found it, we were allowed to leave our bags as we were early. The room was very small, with barely enough room to get dressed standing next to the bunk. The windows are small portholes, and the rooms are below the water level, which meant it was cold. The jetty is very noisy, and on a level with the portholes, so people walking all night is very loud. We moved to a hotel.

Good service, nice host. Rooms pretty small, but I guess it's the case with most cabins. Breakfast was decent too, and I would probably return if I had the chance. living on a boat is good fun :)

• 29th Oct 2015
  • Romania

If you packed light, are traveling alone, and are on a tight budget then this is the place for you... otherwise don't waste your time! Space is beyond tiny and even though you get your own bathroom, it runs on a compromised sewage system and you'll hear angry swans squaking at you in the shower. Rooms have a damp, rotting wood smell to them that doesn't go away, the beds are cold w/ small blankets + 1 small towel each. Friendly staff though and the breakfast is decent enough to get you going.

We had a lovely week on Botel Zebra. It's located just far enough away from the city centre to avoid the noise, but is still within walking distance. Very peaceful, friendly staff, an excellent breakfast. Cabin was small but cosy. Would recommend.

• 22nd Sep 2015

Awesome host, chill atmosphere

Botel was in a good location, quiet and comfortable. Although the rooms are not big, they are cozy and I had very good night sleep. Shower was basic but excellent. It provided a good base for exploring Amsterdam and breakfast included :)

Obviously can't say for sure if it was from Amsterdam in general or the boat but my friend and were both covered in bites the day after we left.