Bothy Backpaker Hostel Reviews

Giron Iquitos 136, Getting there: Iquitos with Pardo St, Puno, Peru

This place cheap and was good for the one night we stayed in puno. The lady running the place was lovely and helpful. The breakfast is good. However the place does look like it needs renovation.

Good Hostel and really good attention. I arrived at 5 am and they let me use the room before check in time. The breakfast was excellent too.

Nice family run hostel in Puno! Kitchen was a little messy and showers could be better, but really good breakfast and free muña-tea!

We stayed in the Bothy Hostel for 1 night as part of our visit to lake Titicaca. The hostel itself was clean and, although basic, perfectly adequately appointed. The included breakfast was excellent. What really impressed us was the service given by the extremely friendly family running the hostel. They arranged a very well priced tour of the lake for us, and saved us from being ripped off by local tour companies. They were happy to store our bags whilst we were away overnight on the tour.

• 11th Sep 2014

It is a simple family owned place. Is very clean, has great breakfast, confortable beds. But again is simple. Nothing fancy and not a party place. A little outside the downtown, but walking distance. The bathrooms im the first floor have no privacy at all, but is manageable.

locate at far end from pier and bus terminal; when the woman in the reception know I joined the island tour from other agent and not buy bus ticket form them, she look unhappy, they don't have curfew notice but locked up the door when I came back form dinner before 11pm in an cold rainy night, they definite know I was out because I came with bike which is place in front of their reception, I ride it to dinner. That night I had to find my way to sleep. Not speak english when I ask them next day

This is a really basic hostel. Construction going on means lots of noise during the day and sometimes early in the morning. The little boy playing his recorder at the crack of dawn isn't ideal either. Rooms are cold but they provide extra blankets. The family that run it are really nice and we booked the speed boat tour to the islands with them which was very good. Wifi worked fine and the breakfast was good for the price of the room. The shower is cold and the bathroom not particularly nice.

The friendly staff at the Hostel made my stay!

• 27th Aug 2014

Nice family-run hostel, movie room and good wifi amd computers. The building is under construction (i think) and it's quite out in the open, so it gets cold at night!

The staff here have by far been the best I've experienced in South America. They even went as far as to accompany me to the bus terminal to navigate a complex situation with the buses. Would have been sick in Puno without them. Breakfast was the best so far in SA as well. Most hostels provide bread and tea. At bothy Puno I r avocado, meat, cheese, yogurt and juice. Amazing! Can't recommend this place enough.

The family running this place are really kind and nice. Breakfast is also nice. They kept my bag while I was travelling. Sadly, it is under renovation (so a bit noisy and dirty) the shower on my floor didnt work and it was really cold (they provided me with extra blankets though) Im sure that, as soon as the works are over, it will be a really nice place!

This hostel is slightly off the main area in punoo.but only ten minswalk to main square. Hostel is great value for money. They strive to provide maximum comfort for the guests. Will definitely stay there again

A simple and small hostel. But with great soul and heart. I was ill here and the woman who owned the place to care of me so well! She makes the place great! I really recommend!

Bothy had great accommodations for my 1 night stay in Puno. As a family-run operation, the atmosphere was not as 'party' as others I've stayed, but with just three other travelers in my dorm were friendly we had a semi-private room. Puno was very cold in July, but Jaime provided plenty of blankets to keep me warm throughout the night. He offered coca tea and muna freely when I said I felt a little light-headed. Best hostel breakfast I had in Peru, hands-down.

• 4th Jul 2014

Awesome, superfriendly staff and very good breakfast! Fast internet. Showers are a little bit sneaky.

This hostel is a realy nice place to stay. It is situated about three blocks from the main square. The rooms are clean, as are the bathrooms with warm water. Breakfast is included and is good, with juice and fruit. WiFi is quite fast. The owners were really kind and helpfull, really sweet people, that made our stay in Bothy really nice. Do not let the distance from the center be a point, a stay in this friendly hostel is worth the short walk.

I absolutely loved my stay at Bothy. We arrived in the early hours of the morning, and although the dorm wasn't ready, staff put us into a triple room, where they then let us stay, without charging any more than dorm price!!! The staff were so helpful and can book buses for you. Wifi was excellent, and I was able to Skype easily. Nice kitchen and tv room.Breakfast was also great, with cheese, ham, avocado and juice as well as usual bread jam and coffee/tea. Only 5 mins walk from the centre.