Bothy Backpaker Hostel Reviews

Giron Iquitos 136, Getting there: Iquitos with Pardo St, Puno, Peru

Hostel is OK. It is really cold. Beds are hard. Everything looks a bit dodgy. Internet is good though. Family is nice.

Breakfast was served late, and there were no pancakes on either of our 2 days staying there. Also, the hot water in the shower ended after 10 minutes. Not very cozy, as the entire place needs a good refurbishing, and the rooms were also really cold. Also, there weren't any outputs in our rooms, which is quite impractical for a group of backpackers who need to charge their electrical devices.

Not a fancy hostel, but the staff are very nice,welcoming, and helpful which make one of the best stay in a hostel in Peru. The building is really clean, just a bit of renovation work at the moment but it is not a bother. I guess when this renovation work will be done it is gonna be perfect. Highly recommend it

• 28th Dec 2014

This place cheap and was good for the one night we stayed in puno. The lady running the place was lovely and helpful. The breakfast is good. However the place does look like it needs renovation.

Good Hostel and really good attention. I arrived at 5 am and they let me use the room before check in time. The breakfast was excellent too.

Nice family run hostel in Puno! Kitchen was a little messy and showers could be better, but really good breakfast and free muña-tea!

We stayed in the Bothy Hostel for 1 night as part of our visit to lake Titicaca. The hostel itself was clean and, although basic, perfectly adequately appointed. The included breakfast was excellent. What really impressed us was the service given by the extremely friendly family running the hostel. They arranged a very well priced tour of the lake for us, and saved us from being ripped off by local tour companies. They were happy to store our bags whilst we were away overnight on the tour.

• 11th Sep 2014

It is a simple family owned place. Is very clean, has great breakfast, confortable beds. But again is simple. Nothing fancy and not a party place. A little outside the downtown, but walking distance. The bathrooms im the first floor have no privacy at all, but is manageable.

locate at far end from pier and bus terminal; when the woman in the reception know I joined the island tour from other agent and not buy bus ticket form them, she look unhappy, they don't have curfew notice but locked up the door when I came back form dinner before 11pm in an cold rainy night, they definite know I was out because I came with bike which is place in front of their reception, I ride it to dinner. That night I had to find my way to sleep. Not speak english when I ask them next day

This is a really basic hostel. Construction going on means lots of noise during the day and sometimes early in the morning. The little boy playing his recorder at the crack of dawn isn't ideal either. Rooms are cold but they provide extra blankets. The family that run it are really nice and we booked the speed boat tour to the islands with them which was very good. Wifi worked fine and the breakfast was good for the price of the room. The shower is cold and the bathroom not particularly nice.

The friendly staff at the Hostel made my stay!

• 27th Aug 2014

Nice family-run hostel, movie room and good wifi amd computers. The building is under construction (i think) and it's quite out in the open, so it gets cold at night!