Bothy Backpaker Hostel Reviews

Giron Iquitos 136, Getting there: Iquitos with Pardo St, Puno, Peru

Very out of the way so pretty quiet while we were there - although very nice to have eggs cooked for us at breakfast before our trip to the islands. The double room was really nice but the dorm room beds were pretty uncomfortable. Mixed opinions!

Small but nice and quiet Hostel, I felt at home, close to the main street (5 min.), they offer different tours to Lake Titicaca and bus tickets. Cheap price with good service. I met other friends. Good terrace, hot water in shower at any time, I would definitely recommend Bothy is cheap.

• 25th Mar 2014

Bothy was well and the staff were helpful and friendly. They have a Travel Shop there which is a lot cheaper and you can book all tours directly through them. hostel with terrace and hammocks, good matress, social area to meet people. Hot water in the shower. Clean bathroom. Clean kitchen . no city noise. Common room with hot and free tea or cofee. I recommend this hostel to all ages.

• 25th Mar 2014

This is a very basic hostel but fine if you're only staying one night as most do. No plugs in the rooms and cold showers. Had wifi but slow. They have bread and jam from 6am which is good if you have an early bus

The shower was a pipe coming out of the wall. No shower head. The bathroom was a dirty mess. Hot water was almost non existing, when it rained, the water was everywhere. The bed was extremeley uncomfortable. The breakfast was only average. It just didnt seem like it was worth what I paid.

Bathroom very dirty, without soap. Boring "common area" no good atmosphere. No bar. Boring place to stay. But good value for money.

Very pleasant stay. Recommended.

Staff here were really helpful, with good English. Loved the rooftop bar. Not really a party hostel, which may be a good thing sometimes, if you have to get up early for colca canyon. The water wasn't always hot and appeared to be better in the ensuing rooms.

Only a few minutes walk from the pedestrianised Lima street with its shops and restaurants this hostel is really central. They can arrange everything here for you from bus tickets to Cusco to tours of the floating islands and overnight stays on the other Peruvian islands. Brekkie includes cheese and ham!! A great place to stay in Puno

This hostel is nice enough for the price, we stayed in the private room. The staff are friendly and are happy to help you out when needed.

Good place, no complaints. The staff is very helpful and very flexible when making and changing reservations. They let me check in at 5 am when I got there and sleep in a bed.

no running water for 2 days. couldnt flush or take showers. im not to complain if the water isnt hot enough, there was NO WATER. bring your own toilet paper if you didnt know already in Peru and Bolivia

Well, security only exists if you have your own lock. I had stayed there, made a reservation, and then when I showed up, they had lost it!! so, ok, I did get a private room like I requested, but I had to wait a day or two till empty. The bathrooms are really awful...several times,the toilets were clogged and no one did anything! Breakfast is only for early birds too

Nice Hostel, I met new people, the Bothy Staff very friendly, they offer differents tours to Lake Titicaca and bus ticket at Cheap Prices. excellent service, nice experience. I recommend this hostel.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Eevery thing was excellent. good hostel and cheap.

• 23rd Jan 2014

A very cheap Hostel with really helpful staff. Breakfast was great and there are hot showers. Good location. They have a travel service there which IS A LOT CHEAPER and good services. you can book all tours directly through them. The Hostel was very enjoyable. hostel with terrace and hammocks, social area to meet people. We stayed for 4 nights and really enjoyed it.

• 21st Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nothing like its sister hostel in Arequipa. Showers outside were cold and everything gets wet. Kitchen was not clean and small. Staff were ok but when we experienced problems with a tour they put us on they dealt with it very badly. We went on a tour of the islands on lake Titicaca and spent one night on the floating islands, this part of the tour was through the hostel and not an outside company. This section was terrible and we were very disappointed by this tourist trap.

For me was nice hostel, homey and quite. It's like staying in someone house. People are nice and like minded, good place to meet other travellers. always the staffs are useful with all info you need for the Tours. Common Area with hot and free tea or cofee all day and Hot water in the showers all the time. Beds have good matress, IS CHEAP STAY HERE.

• 10th Jan 2014

No breakfast on the second day. They kept promising us it was coming but it never did. Meant to be served at 6.10 but we left at 7.00 for our bus. One of the staff members decided to have an argument at 5am with her friend waking everyone up. Our private room wasnt so private, the door had a 20cm gap under it which meant we heard everything when people were on the computers outside Place isn't great but isn't the worst either - think it was spoilt by the one member of staff on our last day!

Loved staying at this hostel. Plus: Computers with fast internet and hot drinks free, place quiet for stay. and good mattress, equiped kitchen to use, Travel shop safe and cheap.

• 3rd Jan 2014