Bothy Backpaker Hostel Reviews

Giron Iquitos 136, Getting there: Iquitos with Pardo St, Puno, Peru

Nice family-run hostel, movie room and good wifi amd computers. The building is under construction (i think) and it's quite out in the open, so it gets cold at night!

The staff here have by far been the best I've experienced in South America. They even went as far as to accompany me to the bus terminal to navigate a complex situation with the buses. Would have been sick in Puno without them. Breakfast was the best so far in SA as well. Most hostels provide bread and tea. At bothy Puno I r avocado, meat, cheese, yogurt and juice. Amazing! Can't recommend this place enough.

The family running this place are really kind and nice. Breakfast is also nice. They kept my bag while I was travelling. Sadly, it is under renovation (so a bit noisy and dirty) the shower on my floor didnt work and it was really cold (they provided me with extra blankets though) Im sure that, as soon as the works are over, it will be a really nice place!

This hostel is slightly off the main area in punoo.but only ten minswalk to main square. Hostel is great value for money. They strive to provide maximum comfort for the guests. Will definitely stay there again

A simple and small hostel. But with great soul and heart. I was ill here and the woman who owned the place to care of me so well! She makes the place great! I really recommend!

Bothy had great accommodations for my 1 night stay in Puno. As a family-run operation, the atmosphere was not as 'party' as others I've stayed, but with just three other travelers in my dorm were friendly we had a semi-private room. Puno was very cold in July, but Jaime provided plenty of blankets to keep me warm throughout the night. He offered coca tea and muna freely when I said I felt a little light-headed. Best hostel breakfast I had in Peru, hands-down.

• 4th Jul 2014

Awesome, superfriendly staff and very good breakfast! Fast internet. Showers are a little bit sneaky.

This hostel is a realy nice place to stay. It is situated about three blocks from the main square. The rooms are clean, as are the bathrooms with warm water. Breakfast is included and is good, with juice and fruit. WiFi is quite fast. The owners were really kind and helpfull, really sweet people, that made our stay in Bothy really nice. Do not let the distance from the center be a point, a stay in this friendly hostel is worth the short walk.

I absolutely loved my stay at Bothy. We arrived in the early hours of the morning, and although the dorm wasn't ready, staff put us into a triple room, where they then let us stay, without charging any more than dorm price!!! The staff were so helpful and can book buses for you. Wifi was excellent, and I was able to Skype easily. Nice kitchen and tv room.Breakfast was also great, with cheese, ham, avocado and juice as well as usual bread jam and coffee/tea. Only 5 mins walk from the centre.

I was only here for one night between buses. I was welcomed on arrival with hot tea (perfect for the cold Puno weather!) and the staff were very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was early (from 6am) which is perfect when you have an early morning bus to catch! Beds were comfortable and there was a portable heater placed in the room to keep the room warm. Staff were alwats around, and called me a taxi for me to get back to the bus terminal in the morning. Wish I could have stayed longer.

First of all I would like to say that the family who runs the hostel is extremely nice. They had free tea and brought some home made soup around. I think that had to do with the fact that they had some renovations done on the hostel. I arrived at a construction site pretty much. The windows were open due to stuff that had to be moved and it was cold! The bathroom downstairs had warm water and looked very clean. My room had pretty much no curtains so I woke up at sunrise! An ok hostel overall

Great hostel for budget travellers. The showers were really hot which is great because Puno is freezing cold! Great breakfast included. Friendly, hospitable staff. Not that far from the main square, only a 10 minute walk.

From outside was quite scary actually. Security is fine but when i arrive was raining at they took a while to open the door so all my bags get wet. Showers and toilets are the same, i mean no separation. Water was cold. They also didnt respect the deposit i made before by hostel world, I mean i have to pay the same ammount that if i didnt reserve. Beware also about the tours are way cheaper outside. Good things: Cheap, and rooms are spacious.

It was pretty quiet when we visited, no one else was staying here and there was no bar. Breakfast was on the top terrace in a shed like room with some bread, cheese and ham on the side. Ok I guess. Hostel is under construction but the rooms and bathrooms are pretty basic and could do with an update.

Very out of the way so pretty quiet while we were there - although very nice to have eggs cooked for us at breakfast before our trip to the islands. The double room was really nice but the dorm room beds were pretty uncomfortable. Mixed opinions!

Small but nice and quiet Hostel, I felt at home, close to the main street (5 min.), they offer different tours to Lake Titicaca and bus tickets. Cheap price with good service. I met other friends. Good terrace, hot water in shower at any time, I would definitely recommend Bothy is cheap.

• 25th Mar 2014

Bothy was well and the staff were helpful and friendly. They have a Travel Shop there which is a lot cheaper and you can book all tours directly through them. hostel with terrace and hammocks, good matress, social area to meet people. Hot water in the shower. Clean bathroom. Clean kitchen . no city noise. Common room with hot and free tea or cofee. I recommend this hostel to all ages.

• 25th Mar 2014

This is a very basic hostel but fine if you're only staying one night as most do. No plugs in the rooms and cold showers. Had wifi but slow. They have bread and jam from 6am which is good if you have an early bus

The shower was a pipe coming out of the wall. No shower head. The bathroom was a dirty mess. Hot water was almost non existing, when it rained, the water was everywhere. The bed was extremeley uncomfortable. The breakfast was only average. It just didnt seem like it was worth what I paid.