Bothy Hostel Reviews

Puente Grau 306, Arequipa, Peru

Just a average hostel, with nice staff

I am having agent stay at Bothy's, 5 nights so far and I will definitely use it as a base for the next week or so of trips and may even consider longer. Great location, very secure, quiet, not crowded, but has great facilitates especially the rooftop and bar. The owner Raoul and his staff have taken great care of me. If you want to also do some Spanish lessons, the teacher that comes in and does lessons on the rooftop is fantastic! !!

• 4th Jun 2014

No decent common areas, making it difficult for solo travellers to meet people. The lady on reception was really lovely and very helpful but the man doing the evening shift (and who was there when I arrived) was very unfriendly and gave scant information about the hostel. Very basic breakfast. Very difficult to get a hot shower. Comfortable beds and spacious lockers. Tours are over-priced- I paid 130 soles elsewhere for a good 3 day tour.

Such a cool hostel! Besides the helpful staff, it has a terrace with hammocks, cozy rooms and a very good wi-fi. The security measures are great for the downtown area. Breakfast is only OK, but it's possible to order some other types of food at an extra cost. Showers are unpredictable, so it depends on your luck to have a hot or freezing bath. Other than that, enjoy the bar with a pool table (and other fun games that the bartender provides) and play with the cute little dog!

We really liked this hostel. Roxana was a very friendly and helpful member of staff who helped us when we needed her Spanish speaking abilities in the local restaurant!! It has clean bathrooms but mats could do with being changed as they are fake grass and so can't be washed!rooftop terrace has great views of Volcano Misti. Breakfast is tea,coffee,bread with jam but you can order eggs etc. Beds a little 'springy' but warm and generally comfy. Big lockers too.Quirky bar with drink offers & games.

Fantastic hostel, good staff, nice small dorm rooms and great value, would definitely recommend.

A solid bet for any traveler. While the place has a funny layout over a number floors, it does provide plenty of room for people to relax. A good WiFi connection. I stayed in a four-bed dorm with basic en suite (and hot water) and good, lockable storage options. You can also leave you electronics to charge in safe deposit boxes at reception. Stayed one night but would go back again.

nice hostel with roof top terrace and all you need.

Very nice and friendly place. Great roof top breakfast place with the view of the volcanos. Staff very friendly and helpful rooms are nice and cosy, would not hessitate to recommend this hostel.

I had an amazing time. The staff was warm and friendly. Especially one of the reception girls named Roxanne. She was so helpful and took the time to figure out what I needed...all with a smile. Thanks guys!! I will surely return

• 20th Apr 2014

Great hostel with a nice terrace where you have breakfast. Also a very cool bar. I arrived in the middle of the night and was offered the couch in the bar for free. Also the staff is amazing, especially Roxanna. Always smiling and in a good mood. She was very helpful and patient explaing me all the details of the different tours the hostel offers.

One of the most horrible places I stayed during my travels. Staff very disorganized, chaotic. Rooms scary looking, one of them that was offered to us with broken window. Smell in the hostel very moldy, mildew like... I felt like my health, sanity and safety was in jeopardy. Stayed only one night (out of two or more planned).

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

The staff do try, but slow and disorganised mattress poor it's a bit of a Warren. If you want a party hostel there is better. If you want a clean quite. Place to chill out look elsewhere. I have stayed in over 200 hostel in the last 3 years and only given 5 or 6 poor reviews and normally not that fussy

Dear John Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your comments very much. Good to know our faults as hostel. staff working in our hostel is new. That hope in future They performed a very fast service to all our clients.We will take immediate action Concerning to all your comments to improve. Your comment is positive for us! Greetings: Shantall

Positives - Nice hostel, good location, great lockers with power points, free luggage storage when we went to Colca Canyon, friendly staff, gorgeous little puppy to play with. Negatives - despite a solar hot water system the showers were more often cold than hot (but good pressure when hot), no top sheet on beds and duvet covers not washed regularly (this could be easily fixed by using top sheets! ) Overall we liked this hostel.

A VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF. .. THERE WAS A STRIKE BLOCKING ALL BUSES FROM LEAVING AREQUIPE SO I HAD TO STAY EXTRA NIGHTS. tHE STAFF WAS VERY HELPFUL IN GETTING INFORMATION TO ME ABOUT THE BUS RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS.. MY BUS WAS CANCELLEED A FEW NIGHT AND THEY LET ME STAY WELL AFTER CHECKOUT TIME TO FIND OUT ABOUT MORE CANCELLATIONS. SAVED ME MANY TRIPS TO AND FRO THE BUS TERMINAL SAVING ME MONEY ON TAXIS . GREAT PLACE

Very helpfull, friendly and english speaking staff!

Perfect hostel with great vibe, extremely friendly and helpful staff and comfortable, clean and spacious bedrooms and bathrooms. We were very happy and impressed with our 3 nights there. My only negative is that the showers hot water was very temperamental I managed to have 1 decent hot shower. The other times were freezing cold and we followed the instructions of waiting 2 minutes.

Lovely staff, fantastic stay. 100% recommended.