Bothy Hostel Reviews

Puente Grau 306, Arequipa, Peru

Coolest crew of people!

• 27th Sep 2014

The hostal is a great deal for backpackers. Rooms are simple but clean and the rate include breakfast, which can be topped up with tasty extras for little money. The hostal has a great roof terrace from where you can see the city and the sourrounding mountains.

• 13th Aug 2014

Hi Malte, thanks for your reviews, it was a pleasure having you and Judith at Bothy. Safe travels!

The worse hostel during my trip to Peru! The ensuite showers as well as the shared ones were not hot during winter and the bathrooms not really clean. Internet connection isn't really fast. The staff does not speak english (except for one person at daytime) and seems to be confused. The location is pretty good, the beds are spacious and clean, but the hostel is not well managed. As per my experience I would never recommend a stay there as it is not worth it and better accommodation may be found.

Hi there, we are very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at Bothy Hostel. We tried to give you a lot of info on the town, things to do in AQP, asking if everything was ok during your stay, to get a feedback from you, trying to always improve our management and keep our customers happy. We will take into consideration your report and try to do better every day. Safe travels

Just a average hostel, with nice staff

I am having agent stay at Bothy's, 5 nights so far and I will definitely use it as a base for the next week or so of trips and may even consider longer. Great location, very secure, quiet, not crowded, but has great facilitates especially the rooftop and bar. The owner Raoul and his staff have taken great care of me. If you want to also do some Spanish lessons, the teacher that comes in and does lessons on the rooftop is fantastic! !!

• 4th Jun 2014

No decent common areas, making it difficult for solo travellers to meet people. The lady on reception was really lovely and very helpful but the man doing the evening shift (and who was there when I arrived) was very unfriendly and gave scant information about the hostel. Very basic breakfast. Very difficult to get a hot shower. Comfortable beds and spacious lockers. Tours are over-priced- I paid 130 soles elsewhere for a good 3 day tour.