Bothy Hostel Reviews

Puente Grau 306, Arequipa, Peru

The twin room was incredibly loud as there were only shutters to keep out the noise of the main road. Hardly slept because of the constant noise!

the only problem was the showers, the temperature varied too much and didnt get hot enough

Looks great online. In person: disgusting. We stayed 1 night and went elsewhere. The beds/sheets did not look/feel clean, (I slept in a sleeping bag instead), my mattress was a "princess Diana special edition" mattress- I shudder to think how old it was (certainly not comfortable). The bathrooms/showers were moldy, looked unclean, and there was no toilet paper provided. No lockers for belongings in rooms or locks on room doors. The hostel was also LOUD all night long. Overall: just don't do it.

• 20th Jul 2015

Sadly, no pool. Security is just a staff member opening door, they don't check anything. Lockers were not secure. The bar was great though! Pool and beer pong were awesome and bartender was fun! Great selection of tea with the free bread for breakfast.

Great location. The hostel is cute and they've got a different game night every night. Highly recommend

About 4 blocks from Plaza Meyor, clean rooms and facilities. I booked a 2 day Colca Canyon trek through them, and it turned out well! They helped me change my reservation and held my bags. However, I tried 2 showers at two different times and they were freezing and you have to pay for laundry and breakfast, which is from 8-12. Not expensive but other hostels do for free. Decent for price, though.

Hola, Thank you very much for your comment. Definitely it help to us. But please We do have lots of sign in the hostel that breakfast is included everyday and it is bassic from 8 am until 12 pm . We do not charge for it! Bread te coffe milk and mermelate We do offer also same extras where people has to pay it! Laundry service is is not free. Our apologize is you havent had hot shower. We will work in it! Thanks for your visit!

It was an average stay. Positives - The staff were super friendly and knowledgeable, it was located in a nice area walking distance to everything, good wifi, great outside area with hammocks. Negatives - the hostel lacked atmosphere, there isn´t really a common area to meet people there, also no pool despite there being a picture on this site, you can´t use the kitchen (staff allowed only). It is a place to chill out rather than party as it is very quiet.