Bothy Hostel

• jessicasharp876141
  • England, All Female Group, 25-30
1st Aug 2017
7.7

We were a bit dubious after receiving an unfriendly welcome from the night staff. However the daytime staff were absolutely lovely and very helpful. The room was nice though the bathroom was a bit run down. The showers were occasionally hot, though at times were the coldest I've had in South America. Breakfast was only a bread roll, but served on a balcony with great views and hammocks.

13th Jul 2017
6.3

Overall nice hostel but room was small and shaped so you hit your head on the door as you walked in. Door only held together by a padlock so bags didn't feel entirely safe. Lacked in social / entertainment side of things.

• Salopian
  • British Indian Ocean Territory, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
7th Jul 2017

One big downside for me is that the hostel doesn't give directions on this page (instead just warning people about taxi drivers), so I e-mailed for some but they didn't reply. I couldn't afford a taxi so I ended up walking for over two hours in the blazing sun, as people on the street sent me backwards and forwards all over the city. Other than that, the hostel is very good, although an evening common area other than the bar would be an improvement, as I couldn't afford to socialize in there.

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2017

Had a wonderful experience staying at Bothy!! The staff is so kind and the place is rad!! A friend and I only planned to stay the night before hiking Colca Canyon but I got sick and ended up staying 3 nights total while my friend did the trek. They were very accommodating and helped me feel comfortable in a new city by myself. Would 10/10 recomend to a friend! Also pro tip: there are 2 wifis depending on where you are in the hostel so it's always strong you just have to be on the right one!

Dear Friend Thank you for your comment, We are very happy that you enjoy your stay at bothy Arequipa. Your comment help and motivate to keep going on. Muchas Gracias por su visita

• Canada, Male, 18-24
4th Jun 2017

Pretty sweet place. The rooftop is completely open and there are five hammocks that we've been hanging out in if we aren't walking around town. Breakfast is included, which is three buns, jam and butter, also tea and coffee. We've been walking to the market at night, grabbing an avocado and a few fruits and eating that with the bread for breakfast, it's pretty convenient. Ping Pong table in the lobby, pool table (although it is in terrible shape). Four washrooms.

Dear my friends, Thank you for your comment, we are very happy that you spend a good time in our hostel. It is a pleasure for us to have you as our guest. Your comment is very beautiful for us, it says exactly who we are. We wish you always the best in your travel. Thank you The Bothy Team

• Germany, Male, 18-24
6th May 2017

Cool Hostel with hot showers, hammocks & table tennis. Very friendly and helpfull staff and definitely worth a stay!

Thank you very much for your comment! The hammock area and table tennis are indeed one of the favorite places of our guests. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Safe Travels!

• Spain, Female, 31-40
30th Apr 2017

Great personal,hot water, lockers and close to Plaza de Armas. Not posible to use kitchen and breakfast was very basic, but my stay was wonderful!

Thank you very much for your comment! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Safe travels!

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

I stayed here after being at wild rover for the weekend as I wanted something a little more chilled. As soon as I arrived the staff were absolutely lovely, so friendly and helpful. There's a cool rooftop with amazing view and really chilled vibe. When I was there the bar and hostel in general were quiet, but was just what I wanted. Security is great- buzzer to get in. Bathrooms could be improved but you get what you would expect for the price and for a couple of nights is perfectly fine.

Thank you very much for your comment! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us in a chilled atmosphere. Have a safe trip!

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Mar 2017

Good location, allows you to walk through the town. Great value as it's so cheap and breakfast is just a little added bonus. I was on the top floor so wasn't too noisy but can imagine on the bottom floor with the bar, it can be quite loud. Hot showers but the bathrooms could do with a clean. Lovely outdoor seating. Staff are friendly and great.

Thank you very much about your comment. We were happy to welcome you as our guest. We are sorry about the inconvenience regarding the bathroom. Our staff is cleaning the bathrooms everyday. If you still find something uncleaned you should say it to the staff so we will clean it. There is only 1 room on the ground floor and the bar closes at least at midnight. So everyone should be able to have a relaxing sleep. Have a nice trip!

2nd Mar 2017

Nice hostel, short walk from the main square, many cheap restaurants around, bar downstairs can be lively but shuts down at midnight, nice rooftop terrace, breakfast is just bread and coffee so not all that substantive. Overall decent place to stay

Thank you very much for your comment about our hostel. We were very happy to have you as our guests! The bar shuts down at midnight as a respect to our guests who want to sleep. There are many tours in Arequipa which leave early in the morning and so some of our guests need some sleep. As you said we are located in the center were there are many bars and discos next to our hostel. There our guests can continue partying as long as they want. We wish you a good time!