8.2
Fabulous 328 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 328 Total Reviews
Bothy Hostel Located at Puente Grau 306, , Arequipa.
Peru
Arequipa Arequipa Puente Grau 306
82% 328
-16.3939928 -71.5353512
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 31-40
22nd Aug 2016
8.0

Nice location but the place could be cleaner. The bathroom was often dirty and without toilet paper.

• Austria, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016

Nice Hostel, I would stay there again!

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
11th Aug 2016
7.1

It's good if you´re looking for a party hostel and the location is perfect. Every night there´s a different theme at the hostel bar (but you won´t always get the theme that´s described e.g. 90´s party without 90´s music). The hostel staff is young and welcoming, they invited us to join them to a bar but if you are planning to do activities such as Colca Cañon, which are quite exhausting and starting early in the morning, we wouldn´t recommend you to stay here unless you have a deep sleep :P

29th Jul 2016
7.1

Bothy was a ton of fun, the bar is a great place to meet people, Marco was a blast. Only downside, they said 24 hour reception but when I got there off of the night bus there was no one at the desk, luckily someone was leaving as I got there to let me in, but I had to wait an hour in reception for someone to arrive to check me in. BUT! Great rooftop area, and super friendly staff, lots of organized events for meeting people!

Dear Friend Thank you very much for your visit to our hostel Arequipa, Thank you for your comment and apologize for things that did not work well during your stay . we will correct what happened ! we wish you a very good trip

28th Jul 2016
7.1

Nice hotel and good breakfast. But i arrived at 3am and they did not have a bed for me even after I reserved and sent an email checking that it would be ok if I turned up late. The receptionist made up a bed for me, but the room wasn't clean as the guests had just left. Otherwise, it's a great place.

Dear Friend Thank you very much for your visit to our hostel Arequipa, Thanks for your comment. As you may know , for now it is high season and we are glad we have helped to have the bed as soon as possible . we apologize if you hope maybe clean the room early. But also we can not disturb other customers while resting early! Our sincere apologies ! Have a ncie trip

19th Jul 2016
8.0

I have a love/hate relationship with Bothy. Most of the staff is extremely friendly...however, the main fellow (whose name i'm forgetting) is very reluctant to help. Of course, if you can get him to be nice to you, he is actually very knowledgable and helpful. Hot water only half of the time. Location is not perfect, but certainly not awful. Bar is not very busy, but solid effort. Roof terrace is quite nice. Not sure I'd recommend but wasn't the worst place I've stayed.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2016

They have good dorms, the female dorm being bigger than the rest. There were problems with the hostel being over booked when I was there and there were spaces but the staff said the hostel was fully booked. The basic breakfast was good with tea, coffee and bread with jam. Then you can buy additional breakfasts but I think these are overpriced. The staff are pretty helpful and will help with onward travel when they are able to.

• jocelynebrisson77170
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
14th Jul 2016

Good hostel. Staff let me check-in even though I arrived at 5am. Very close to the main plaza. The terrace gives a nice view of the city. I didn't like that the doors to the rooms don't have keys... I had a bartender walk into my room at 5:30am 😟

14th Jul 2016
7.7

This hostel was nice, but I did not like they did not give anyone keys. This forced us to have people leave the door cracked when they left or to be alert enough to hear late night knocking when they returned. It was inconvenient and made the hostel/room feel unsafe.

• Belgium, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Jul 2016
8.0

Good value for money. - breakfast is only bread, jam, coffee and tee. You have to pay for the rest. - it's cheaper when you book on HW ! Good location and nice rooftop!