9.3
Superb 2,474 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 2,474 Total Reviews
Bounce Sydney Located at Next to Central Station, 28 Chalmers St, , Sydney.
Australia
Sydney nsw 2010 Next to Central Station, 28 Chalmers St
93% 2474
-33.8847742 151.2072372
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
18th Sep 2016

Stayed here for a week with my friend in one of the private rooms, it was really nice had everything you need. Had some trouble connecting to the Internet which was sorted immediately. The only down side is that it's quite far out, but I would definitely stay here again.

13th Sep 2016

Bounce was amazing! Friendly staff, fun events planned every night, clean environment, and fast wifi. I'll be back for sure!

• England, Male, 25-30
11th Sep 2016

A very positive experience, The staff are very friendly and accommodating and the communal area on the top floor is great for meeting new people. The rooms are very tidy and feel secure with lockers provided and locks being purchasable downstairs at reception. The location is perfect, right next to central station and on the edge of the CBD, great cafe's and bar's nearby. The view from the rooftop is also incredible. I'd definitely recommend Bounce to people visiting Sydney.

8th Sep 2016

I only stayed for one night but based on my short time here it was good. The hostel and facilities were very nice. My only complaint was that when I checked in I didn't really feel greeted or welcomed as other hostels. I didn't get an explanation of where things were, when check out was, or much info in general about the hostel. Also, late at night you're not allowed to sit in the hallway, even quietly. I didn't know where I could go to use my laptop and the staff just told me to move. Oh well.

8th Sep 2016

The location was great, really easy to get around Sydney since it's literally next to the central train station. This place is HUGE which made it kind of hard to meet people since the common areas were always packed. Security lockers were very big. Only two showers and two sinks per floor is definitely not enough. There would be lines in the morning of people waiting to shower or wash their face. It felt like almost everything cost extra - towels, wifi, padlocks, laundry, etc.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We value all guest feedback- both positive and negative- as it allows us to know what we are doing right and which areas have room for improvement. We are classed as a large hostel and usually the communal areas being full means it is easy to meet people! If you ever feel unsure about introducing yourself to others feel free to approach our staff and will be more than happy to take you under our wing and make sure you are involved in the social atmosphere of Bounce. As for the showers there are 2 male and 2 female on each level. There are also dorm rooms that have their own private bathroom so it may seem like there are more people sharing the communal bathrooms than there actually is. We do charge for some extras but do also provide some free extras such as laundry powder, internet (on our PCs) and alcohol on our event nights. Thanks again for your time and perhaps we will see you if you come back to Sydney. Cheers!

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Sep 2016
7.7

The location is great and very central... Very friendly staff and clean facilities. The only few things that bothered me was wifi was not free and the plug in the room was not near a mirror.. There was no plugs near my bed so charging my phone was abit annoying!

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our wifi is paid as it is expensive for us to run if we want to provide i decent, unlimited connection that is available throughout the entire hostel- because of this- and also because we provide free internet on our level 3 PCs- we think the price is quite fair. We do not have plugs by the beds as we have them in the lockers meaning guests are able to charge their valuable securely whilst asleep or not in the room :) Thanks again for your time and all the best with the rest of your travels! Cheers

4th Sep 2016

This is the best hostel I have stayed at thus far. Was here for 4 nights, and I didn't want to leave. This place looks fairly new, and appears to be built to be social and outgoing. Awesome location right next to Central train station, which is only a few stops from SYD airport. Sydney train system is great. Staff is awesome and they party and go out with you. My only negative is no free wifi, but you can purchase it or use free computers in a common area. Made good friends here, would return!

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We always love to hear when guests really enjoy their stay with us and take part in our weekly events. Thank you for all of your positive feedback about our facilities and our staff :) We do have to charge for wifi as it is expensive for us to run if we want to provide a decent connection that is accessible throughout the entire hostel, but there is free internet on our PCs on level 3 to try to compensate for this :) Thanks again for leaving us a review and we hope you can come and stay again some time. Cheers!

• England, Male, 18-24
31st Aug 2016

Always a pleasure staying at Bounce! Best hostel in Sydney by far. Wanted to stay longer but fully booked. Kerry and co are awesome that help you out with any questions, even navigating the technical walk to another hostel! Cheers, Aaron

Hey there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear when guests think we are the best hostel in all of Sydney! We will pass on your compliments to our staff :) Thanks again and we hope to see you if you come back to Sydney. Cheers!

30th Aug 2016

Very clean and secure hostel in excellent central location. Beds were comfy and rooms had ac. Cultivated a fun atmosphere. Must pay for Wi-Fi or use public computers.

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at Bounce! We are so glad to see you have us all 10/10 scores and that you felt the hostel was clean and safe with a fun atmosphere :) We hope that you will come and stay again if you are ever back in Sydney. Cheers

• Canada, Female, 25-30
30th Aug 2016
7.7

I thought the rooms were great. The bathrooms were cleans. The only thing I didn't like was the atmosphere and the vibe. There are some folks who live there who walk around like they own the place and overall I didn't find the staff super helpful or friendly if you weren't one of the long termers. But the actual facilities were awesome.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all guest feedback both the positive and not so positive as it allows us to work on any flaws that we may have. We are glad to hear that you found our facilities clean and useful but It's a shame to hear that you didn't find our atmosphere to be up to its usual standard. Guests do tend to stay for longer over the colder months but we always encourage our longtermers to be inclusive of everybody. It's quite a shock to hear that you felt our staff were more friendly toward them than to other guests as most of our reviews talk about how friendly our staff are to everyone.We will pass your feedback onto our staff and longtermers and perhaps if you come and stay again we can restore your faith in us as a social and friendly hostel. Cheers