Bounce Sydney Reviews

Next to Central Station, 28 Chalmers St, Sydney, Australia

Good, clean place to stay. Big kitchen and chill out area. Rooms were nice with good security.

Had a great time at Bounce! It's the cleanest hostel I've ever been to and in a great location. Special shout out to Kosta, he went the extra mile to make sure we felt welcomed and nights out with him were a blast! ;)

• 17th Jun 2014

A great hostel in a great location in Sydney with friendly and well educated staff

Clean and nice modern hostel, great bathrooms, a nice kitchen and lounge area on the roof with great views of Sydney and a comfy tv lounge. Location is right next to central station but if you prefer walking over public transit it is a bit of a trek to get to the opera house and waterfront area. Loved the hostel though and would defnintely stay again.

Clean facilities with a fun staff and a great group of guests. Kitchen and Lounge close at midnight. I wish the price was lower and it definitely affected the length of my stay. However, I was very happy with the cleanliness, company, and comfort level.

• 14th Jun 2014

Had some amazing times at bounce, love the place.

Bounce definitely is an award winning hostel for a reason. Everything about my stay at Bounce was satisfying. It's very safe and secure, which is a very important aspect for me personally. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful whenever I needed assistance. The facilities were outstanding and the place was spotlessly clean. It's also in a perfect location! I am so happy I made the decision to stay at Bounce, and if I return to Sudney I will definitely be staying here again!

• 14th Jun 2014

A bit on the pricey side, but if you want a great and comfortable hostel, you can't do better. Nice beds, large lockers with two plugs inside, reading lamp, clean bathrooms, nice kitchen and rooftop and nice people. It is a bit weird to need a security card to get in the bathrooms and at least 1/2 hour free Internet per day would be appreciated at this price.

2 showers per floor of this hostel (which houses 160 guests). That's not enough frankly. Location wise, Bounce benefits a lot, British tourists really avail of it's proximity to a few of the local clubs selling cheap booze. Makes for a boozy atmosphere, and a bit of a mucky kitchen to be honest. Staff are nice. Wifi, isn't fabulous (it's Australia) but at least it's available. Again, Bounce's rating and people's overall experience is probably shaped greatly by it's convenient Central location.

Second stay at Bounce in one trip to Australia... That's got to say something about the place. The staff are incredible - really attentive and great fun! Bounce is more like a family than just a hostel! As soon as I'm back in Sydney, I'll 100% be going back to Bounce!

Bounce was amazing! Right across the street from Central Station so you can get pretty much anywhere you want to go very easily. Very clean, with large lockers in the room (with outlets inside!)... all you need is your own lock! Staff was very helpful, especially when I asked about night life... they actually had tickets to an event in the city that we got for free just for staying there (a $20 value per person) and they were quick to recommend things to do in the area! LOVED my stay!!!

• 6th Jun 2014

Wifi = expensive. Otherwise a pretty nice hostel!

Mathilda and Theresa was doing an awesome job!! And are really good at cooking meatballs!

A good place for backpackers with limited budget and willing to meet friends. The only thing is the location which is far from most of the places of interest in Sydney, i.e., Opera House, Harbour Bridge, The Rocks, etc.

I have stayed in a lot of hostels of Sydney, but Bounce is just the best. The staff is really nice and I had a great time there.

• 5th Jun 2014

The hostel is very clean and the kitchen is really big I can always find somewhere to cook. The wifi plays up in certain parts of the building and is very expensive. The nights out with the staff are really good! Especially trademark Tuesdays! The staff are really friendly, kosta who works at bounce took us out on a few nights, he's really friendly and talks to everyone and has a good laugh with us all. Kosta also helped me during the day with some helpful information about trips and days out in

this is best hostel ever i've ever been. it is so comfortable to stay at bounce sydney. i like it and definitely i wanna be there again in the future. plus the manager and staff in bounce sydney are being so considerate. and they are also understanding whenever i lost my wallet and they allow me to delay the payment regarding to such a horrid tragedy that happens to me. THANK YOU BOUNCE SYDNEY. I LOVE IT A LOT :*

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

I enjoyed my stay here. Staff was great and helpful. Dorm rooms were spacious and it is very close to the train station. I would definitely stay here again.

This is definitely the most overrated hostel I've ever stayed in. I think the only reason for the high ratings must be due to the apparent party vibe of the hostel. If you're like me, visiting Sydney mainly for the sights of the city rather than spending your time partying every night, look somewhere else! I experienced drunk people returning to the room every night (not quietly!), vomiting in the shower, and laying flat out wasted on the bathroom floor. Staff are OK, but some a bit arrogant.

+great location!! +super clean!! +/- staff was friendly except from a couple of people which didn't seem to be keep on their job and they've given you the feeling that you're not that welcome *it was quiet noisy over the first three nights on the first floor.i decided to add another night and i've got a room on the third floor which was awesome! nothing to complain about though cause you're right next to central station! how ever... if you need a place to stay in sydney BOUNCE ;)