Bounce Sydney Reviews

Next to Central Station, 28 Chalmers St, Sydney, Australia

Bounce was really clean, lots of room in the dorm with big lockers, and great kitchen/lounge area upstairs. Atmosphere wise this wasn't my favourite place as there seemed to be a lot of people that had been there for a while, but there was room for everyone and it's near the greyhound stop.

Great Hostel for Sydney located right by Central Station and 15 min walk from central Quay Opera house and bridge climb. Very hotel like and you have to pay for Wi Fi and Internet which is irritating considering the hostel is expensive

CJ and Sam were so, so helpful and friendly - cheers guys!

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Great spot. One of the nicest hostels I've been too. Only qualm was there were a lot of people there who were there long term so those people were a bit clique-y. Overall a great hostel.

Best hostel of the five I stayed at while in Sydney. Very good.

Wonderful experience in a private room.

• 26th Feb 2014

I always stay here when I come to sydney, great facilities and close to everything!

• 25th Feb 2014

This is a big and well equipped downtown hostel in a perfect location. Nice employees. Very new and clean. They do a lot to make you feel comfortable and generating a nice atmosphere BUT because this hostel is very big, it is anonymous and I didn't like the atmosphere at all. One exmaple: My food was stolen during eating... many people stay in there who aren't real backpackers and don't know how to behave.

I haven't stayed in a hostel for year. Thought this place was perfect.

• 21st Feb 2014

Good experience - location is fantastic. Right next to Central station so you can easily access the city and wider areas such as the blue mountains. The dorm, toilets and communal areas were always clean. I would recommend this to travellers, couples, families as it caters for everyone.

• 19th Feb 2014

Big, modern, clean, secure hostel with impeccable facilities. CJ, Kosta, Taylor and the rest of the Bounce crew were so genuinely friendly and helpful. Far beyond merely working their jobs, they made an effort to get to know guests and invite them to sample the local nightlife. The only complaint I can make is the long-term guests (often on working holiday visas) can seem tight and hard to socialize with at first. This made going to the 4th floor common area uncomfortable sometimes.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Clean, good atmosphere, easy to meet people, great location. The staff is very helpful and they make you feel like home. Especially Kosta in the reception is such a cool guy and makes sure everyone has a great time. I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Finland

A nice place but not for me. Lacking a bit of character and soul as it's very new and modern inside. Good for meeting a young crowd of people if that's what you're after.

Pretty expensive but very clean and tidy. Amazing rooftop area.

Their age limit is 35, which I did not notice when I booked online. They were gracious enough to let me stay anyway.

Great place for the whole family!

Bounce I by far the best hostel I've stayed in since I've been travelling Oz the past year and half. I've used loads of hostels in Sydney but none of them compare to Bounce. All the staff are friendly and very helpfull.. Great atmosfare in the hostel especially if your alone traveller as there is organised events for each night of the week from bar crawls to rooftop BBQs. The rooftop has an amazing views overlooking Sydney's CBD. It is one of the dearer hostels but you get what you pay for ;-)

• 9th Feb 2014

Several thoughts: Staff - Your staff were generally friendly helpful. However, I was frustrated by one individuals poor grasp of English. This would not be a huge problem except she could not understand how we wanted to pay and eventually got it wrong. This despite us explaining multiple times. Nothing personal was just frustrating.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel, rooms and shared facilities are very clean. The staff is always very friendly and helpful.

I have stayed in many hostels for the last year and a half but, Bounce has been the best! Great location, extremely clean. The staff are so friendly and make you feel welcome the moment you walk in. The roof top is a great place to meet people. I made so many friends that I will keep for life when I stayed last year and again this year. They put nights on every weekday, which is also a great opportunity to meet people. Expensive but, worth every penny! I have no complaints!!

• 29th Jan 2014