Bounce Sydney Reviews

Next to Central Station, 28 Chalmers St, Sydney, Australia

Great place. Great atmosphere. Clean and nice beds. Good social atmosphere and vibe and everyone socialised and got on great. I've stayed in other hostels in Sydney and, considering this hostel is the same price as most of those, it's like paying to stay in a 5* for exactly the same price as a 3* hostel. Don't waste your time in the other places, just book here because trust me, it's the best Sydney has to offer.

Probably the best rating ive ever given a hostel. I booked for 3 but seated for 9 nifhts. Good value for Sydney. Lovely staff, so so clean. Great roof top terrace with theme nights where you can easily meet people. It's a massive hostel so it could have felt unfriendly but didn't. Only bad point - wi-fi is not free. I know this is an ozzy thing but its about time they came into this century!!!

Good comfortable beds. Clean facilities Helpful staff, amazing common area, outdoor terrace with a view of Sydney, stunning. Short walk to most places to visit. Across road from central station. Would highly recommend and would stay again.

I loved my stay here! It's the best Hostel I've been to so far. Loved the fourth floor veranda overlooking the city. Also, enjoyed the spotless facilities and professional staff that still know how to have a good time. Location is next to Central station. This place is on my list for next visit. Highly, highly recommend!

Sydney is an expensive place, and for an extra $7 over the average price of the older, roach covered places, I would pay $37 a night for a dorm bed again! This is a big place, but the rooms are newer, clean, have nice lockers, bed lamps, personal power jacks, and a sweet rooftop, outdoor terrace located just outside the kitchen. The hostel is directly across from the train station and in a fairly central part of the city. I would recommend and stay again for a short stay!

The hostel was really nice, excellent cleanliness, location and activities to be done during the nights. The only thing that I did not like is that there isn't free wifi... Maybe the free wifi could be related with the days that each one is going to stay, because I don't think it's fair that someone who is going to stay 1 week receives the same free wifi than someone who is going to stay for just 1 day.

• 16th Apr 2014

The hostel was clean, modern and the staff were friendly. Would definitely come back!! The rooftop terrace is for sure the highlight of the hostel.

• 16th Apr 2014

An excellent hostel with standout features such as high quality matresses, large lockers with shelves and secure charging and good social areas. Even sharing my room with yet another group of idiots who thought loud conversations at 4am and 9am was acceptable didn't ruin it.

Big place, very clean and comfortable, friendly people

I had a blast at Bounce and wish I could have stayed longer! There were great social events daily. The staff were great, especially Kosta, who made me feel welcome and always entertained :) Bounce is in the perfect location, the beds were comfy and I also liked that there were big lockers with power outlets inside. I will definitely be back!!!

• 10th Apr 2014

Really good hostel for travellers. Perfect location beside Sydney Central. Super clean and huge common area - great way to meet people!!!! Definitely will recommend and stay here again when I return to Sydney!! It is a little pricey - but one of the better hostels in the city!!

Great place to stay while in Sydney. I would love to come back!

Really nice hostel. I stayed in a 6 person dorm and there was lots of space. I liked putting a tag on my bed so that other people knew I was sleeping there, made picking a bed easier. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The deals on food they have on certain nights (like $2 burger) is great value for money. It overlooks the central train station so is excellent for people requiring an early train to the airport. Overall, this hostel was more like a hotel and was one of my best stays.

This hostel was perfect for my boyfriend and I. The close convenience of the train station and key bus lines made travel very easy. Tons of neighborhood restaurants and bars in the area - a nice change from going out closer to the harbor and the city's main attractions. While the rooms are minimalistic, they are clean/well kept. Had fresh towels every day but wish they changed the sheets. Impressed with the large restaurant-like kitchen and series of refrigerators. Would definitely recommend!

• 5th Apr 2014

Very nice hostel, friendly staff, could do with a spring clean once in a while! Nice big rooms with lockers. Only bad point about the hostel is the wifi, it's very expensive and never worked in my room. Overall great hostel that we kept extending our stay :)

Everything was perfect!

We had a very pleasant stay at our accommodation, we will recommend it to others.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A very good hostel, but not that cheap. Spacious rooms with air conditioning and huge lockers with power plugs, perfect. Very clean as well and easy to get there. Had a good atmosphere at the common area, so easy to meet people. Mixed age of people, when I was there, which was really good. The only complaint, no free wifi.

Excellent location- right by Central Station so convenient to airport and trains. A bit of a walk to the main area of George Street, but the free 555 bus does stop right by Railway Square, which is about 5 minutes from Bounce. Also very close to Chinatown which is great for finding cheap, good food. Staff was okay, able to answer all questions. Good facilities- kitchen, and communal bathrooms were kept spotless and cleaned several times a day. 7 person dorm was cramped but huge lockers.

This place was very clean, had comfortable beds, and was well-located, but the staff was pretty rude, and WOW do they really nickel and dime you for everything. $5 for a towel! $5 for a locker lock, $15 for 2 days of wifi?! It was ridiculous. Yeah, the upstairs area was nice, but it closes at 10pm. You weren't allowed to be in common areas past a certain hour (even quietly) and you needed your key card to swipe into the elevator, bathrooms etc. Everything about this place was a hassle. OVERRATED