Bountang Hotel Reviews

Old Market River side Road, Vang Vieng, Laos

Skip this hostel if you're planning on staying for more than a night. I booked a bed for 5$(42,500 kip) for one night which includes free breakfast. I extended my stay the next morning, for 2 more nights, thinking that I'm still paying 5$ that includes free breakfast, but after 2 nights I was told I had have to pay for the breakfast because I extended my stay in person and not on Hostelworld.

The was alright, we stayed just two nights. We book a tour and a bus from the hostel but it wasn't great, they hardly speak English and they try to charge you more.. It was just the cheapest at that moment.. If you can, go somewhere else..

The hostel was basic. The staff was friendly but the beds were uncomfortable and security was not very good, as we didn't get a key for the room, so the doors were unlooked the whole time and the street was really dark if you came from the main road.

I didn't come to this place with high expectations because of the bad reviews, but all of this proved to be untrue! Apparently they've made a lot of changes lately. The lockers were as safe as anywhere else, the showers clean and big with hot water, and the staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is also very nice. The only minus for me was that the beds were rock hard.. but that seemed to be standard in Vang Vieng. I would totally recommend this hostel!

There are lockers under the bunks but if you lift the mattress up you can reach between the slats to remove smaller items underneath. There was some confusion as the original Bountang Hotel is across the road from the hostel which has a different name on the sign above, but we were reassured that the 2 properties are combined. There was also confusion over the price we should be paying and the deposit already taken was not deducted. Breakfast is not included at the rate shown. 10 bed dorm not 8.

When we arrived is was a bit confusing because there is just a small sign that says "Bountang Hotel". On the top of the building was a big sign that says "Mountain View Riverside Boutique Hotel". The staff was realy friendly and polite, the room was small but clean and the view from our huge balcony was wonderfull. It's a realy nice place to stay in Lao and we would totally recommend this hotel!

• 10th Nov 2015

While a 100% rating may be excessive I'm hoping to shore up this hotel's rating. The security is a bit nonexistent but the breakfast is nice. The beds are not pillow top hut you're staying in a hostel so lower your expectations. Staff is friendly and facilities were clean. No one tried to rip us off although I'd recommend booking tours elsewhere for better price. Don't take the mushroom shakes or teas in this town they are totally ineffectual and quite stringy.

I had an awful expiernece at this hostel. we informed them what time we were coming and when we arrived there was no one at the front desk and they were sleeping on the floor. then when we checked out they tried to charge me more money even tho there was a receipt that showed how much we had to pay. also, they tried to rip us off when we were booking a bus. one person said one price and then someone else said a higher price. I would not recommend staying here

View all Vang Vieng Bed and Breakfasts