Bountang Hotel Reviews

Old Market River side Road, Vang Vieng, Laos

Worst hostel we've stayed in thus far. During our stay many items were stolen, as you can't lock doors and lockers not easily accessible. There is no communal area so it's not easy to meet new people. The free breakfast isn't included if you get a bigger dorm room. The beds are rock solid and squeak endlessly through the night. However, the location was good and just outside the hostel is a lovely view.

Good air con in rooms and ensuite bathroom, but not the cleanest bathroom. Beds are squeaky but who cares really. A few minute walk away from the main bit. Only stayed here for one night and then moved to easy go bring it was slightly cheaper but I actually preferred bountang. Good wifi as well and it reaches the rooms. Nice rooftop terrace as well with a good view

No lockers for valuables, I had to wait on the staff to check in, my room was dirty, as was the bathroom. Great location and the breakfast was very good.

I have never been compelled to write a negative review about a hostel until staying at bountang. Made reso in a 5 bed dorm. Show up, they are full, only have 8 bed dorms left. What about the reservation? Ok that's fine I guess. Had heard the problem of staff stealing from you in this town so I probably should not have left money in my bag. Had $100 stolen from my bag and another chap in another room had $160 stolen from him. Please DO NOT leave any money in your room if you decide to stay here.

Horrible hostel. The staff is totally unhelpful. I had multiple things stolen from me also while I was there. Would not go back. There are better cheaper places elsewhere.

I booking 1 room for 5 people and have to paid deposit but when i arrival hotel staff said "that room not available" and them change to another room type. I don't want they do like this. i book a room but they sale my room to other one. >> Feel Bad

Location, staffs & cleanliness are excellent! Somehow, it would be even better if a simple breakfast in included in the price of the room. Hot/boiling water should also be made available in the hostel, without asking us to cross the street to get hot water for our own consumption (to make our own coffee & instant noodles). I'd rate 3.5 star for this hostel :-)

Worst place we stayed on our trip thus far. We arrived to find that there was no room left so we had to be split up. One girl in the dorm and two of us in the guest house. The guesthouse room was shocking with bricked in windows and constant power outages and it smelt like nobody had been in there for years. The staff also tried to charge us extra on check out for using the guesthouse that we never booked in the first place. Don't stay here!

· No blanket on bed when I asked for one I was told that there were none left as there were many guests and was given a dirty duvet cover. · No safe deposit box was available as there are not enough for everyone. Safe is not big enough for a laptop. · My partner and I booked together but we're unable to sleep in the same dorm on the 1st night, on the second night he was transferred down to my dorm whilst we were out. Nothing in particular wrong with the rooms, they were quite nice.

We arrived having booked via hostelworld in advance, and they had overbooked and messed up our reservation. They finally found us two beds in separate areas, but when we told them we were only going to stay one night because of this and asked for the rest of our money back, the manager got extremely aggressive and rude. He ended up walking out on the conversation (with all of our money), then eventually came back and we worked a deal out. The staff at the desk were embarrassed and apologetic.

• 31st Jan 2015

Forst impression was how clean it was. Until I saw the cockroach scurringing in my bathroom. The bunk beds are what you would expect, except they are louder than thunder when you move at night so you can hear everytime someone turns. They are very hard. Needed a Vietnam visa so gave our passports to the staff and paid $85 USD to have them in 3 days. On the third day the guy was in Vientiane with our passports and we had to book another night to wait for him. We should have waited till Vientiane.

Tried to charge us more. Also when we enquired about the free breakfast, we were told they didn't do breakfast (we found out they did on the day we checked out by another guest) Tried to give away other people's beds numerous amounts of time, even at 3am, then leaving the light on when they left the room. One guy on reception was nice, but it was his first day and didn't seem to know much about anything.

this place was good, you get clean beds, nice bathroom with good hot showers. staff are really helpful but there is no commons room so not easy to meet other travellers if your on your own!

Got booked into a private room the first night because their dorms were all taken up. No complaints there as it was lovely! The dorm the second night wasn't the cleanest, but I blame that on Aussies on Aussie day shenanigans... The owners are lovely and super helpful. Location is decent, no common area really but great rooftop view of vv. security was my main concern as they only has small boxes at the front desk? Barely fit anything :/

Perfect location a small walk from the centre of town making it nice and quiet. Delicious breakfast, fantastic staff, great hostel all round

Great place to stay in Vang Vieng. The 5bedroom dorms are much nicer than the larger ones. Location and staff are perfect.

Perfect location and great view with close mountains. We were a bit annoyed when the receptionist (owner?) told us, we booked a normal room but if we want to have the nice view of the mountains we had to pay more. Finally we did not take the expensive room - you can enjoy the view of the mountains from a common balcony anyway. ;) Otherwise nice place with good breakfast so all in all a good choice.

Excellent value for money and most helpful staff. I wwould recommend this to anyone traveling with a limited budget, was genuinely surprised how good it was...

Hostel is a good value but you can find cheaper in town. Same with bus tickets. Upper bunk beds are very squeaky. Tiny safe box is up by computers & reception area (bring own lock), which makes access ackward. Downstairs dorms where warm but the room needed more air circulation to get a good nights sleep.

My stay here at Bountang hotel was really good. The staff was really friendly, especially Michelle. She helped us out a lot, suggesting places to eat, activities, and helped us with direction. Stayed in a 8 person room and it was good. nothing special but you get what you pay for. Anything that was wrong, they fixed right away. Breakfast is included and was always good. Overall, the stay was good! Would stay there again.

View all Vang Vieng Bed and Breakfasts