Bountang Hotel Reviews

Old Market River side Road, Vang Vieng, Laos

There are lockers under the bunks but if you lift the mattress up you can reach between the slats to remove smaller items underneath. There was some confusion as the original Bountang Hotel is across the road from the hostel which has a different name on the sign above, but we were reassured that the 2 properties are combined. There was also confusion over the price we should be paying and the deposit already taken was not deducted. Breakfast is not included at the rate shown. 10 bed dorm not 8.

When we arrived is was a bit confusing because there is just a small sign that says "Bountang Hotel". On the top of the building was a big sign that says "Mountain View Riverside Boutique Hotel". The staff was realy friendly and polite, the room was small but clean and the view from our huge balcony was wonderfull. It's a realy nice place to stay in Lao and we would totally recommend this hotel!

• 10th Nov 2015

While a 100% rating may be excessive I'm hoping to shore up this hotel's rating. The security is a bit nonexistent but the breakfast is nice. The beds are not pillow top hut you're staying in a hostel so lower your expectations. Staff is friendly and facilities were clean. No one tried to rip us off although I'd recommend booking tours elsewhere for better price. Don't take the mushroom shakes or teas in this town they are totally ineffectual and quite stringy.

I had an awful expiernece at this hostel. we informed them what time we were coming and when we arrived there was no one at the front desk and they were sleeping on the floor. then when we checked out they tried to charge me more money even tho there was a receipt that showed how much we had to pay. also, they tried to rip us off when we were booking a bus. one person said one price and then someone else said a higher price. I would not recommend staying here

Meh, served as a base for a couple of days but wasn't really enjoyable. Room was bug ridden and staff didn't really know what was going on or really care. Security consisted of a small box in reception you could lock. Anyone could have gone in the room. The hotel itself is way out from the center of town. Might just have been my experience but there was absolutely no atmosphere at all. No place to chill out. They refused to do my washing because it was too muddy from walking to blue lagoon.

Good location and an amazing view from top floor. Not very social and staff aren't very helpful

Do not stay at Boutang; me & my friend have been backpacking across Asia for over 2 months and haven't been picky about our accommodation, but this place is by far the worst. The 'beds' barely qualify as such - they're tiny, creak at the slightest movement & the sheets hadn't been changed. The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting and there was ZERO security - not even locks on doors. The staff treated us appallingly when we complained, threatening to call the police and telling me to die. Awful.

The front desk staff doesn't speak very good English. Make sure you know exactly how much you should be paying. They tried to overcharge me twice! Great location right in the middle of town.

The most disorganised staff imaginable. They spent half an hour trying to find our booking. Once they finally gave us a room they then asked us to move. Hotel is in an alright location and the rooms are pretty spacioUs and cleaned regularly, however they get dirty very easily. Trying to get information from the front desk is impossible. We were told three different times for our bus to Luang Prabang. Then woken up at 8am to be told it was in half an hour

View all Vang Vieng Bed and Breakfasts