Bountang Hotel Reviews

Old Market River side Road, Vang Vieng, Laos

Staff were rude, got asked to move rooms, beds were rubbish. No atmosphere

• 20th Jul 2014

Would stay here again. Just wish there was a social area. Staff were friendly.

For the price you really cannot moan. You get exactly what you pay for, a basic place to sleep and dump bags. I'd avoid e washing service, they gave it back to us 24 hours later still wet because it rained and expected payment. It was so cheap I couldn't be bothered with the argument and had a bus to catch! The toilets are smelly and everything could use a clean. Location is superb.

I don't rate this guesthouse very highly. We only stayed here for 2 nights then moved to another guesthouse for the rest of our stay in Vang vieng which was much nicer for a fraction of the cost. Staff were friendly though and the place was clean.

Good beds, quiet area, great location. There's no view when you stay in the dorms. Dorms have airco and fan, and private bathroom. Free computer and internet access. Sweet owners and staff. Security is oke, but the keys have to be left in a bowl behind the desk and anyone who needs his/her key grabs it out of there, as so anyone could grab your key and enter your room. Keep your important belongings in a locker (bring your own lock).

The owner was very attentive and helpful. I get to know the places to go, map, a few computers for internet surfing. They also make arrangements for transportation. I felt very hospitable staying here. It is in the middle of all the exciting places (1-3 minutes walk to the nearest friends/family guy restaurant place next to the fat monkeys bar, along the otherside restaurant. It is away from the noisy area, just at the end of the road/corner.

good location, close to everything but at the calm end of the road. dorm is more like a hotel room with 4 single beds,tv, balcony and own bathroom. there are better accommodations when it comes to atmosphere but just for sleeping it's more than ok!

The owner is really sweet. The location is perfect, but we didn't have water sometimes and the door was quite hard to lock in the bathroom. The dorm is really spacious! I would stay here again.

During two days of my stay there wasn't any water in the daytime on my floor, but I don't know if I had just bad luck or if it happens often. Had to go to the shower and toilet downstairs. I stayed in a female dorm, which was luxurious with very comfortable beds, a balcony and a tv.

Good location with friendly staff and nice views. Quite peaceful at night but not far from the centre. Male dorm room is quite large with en suite bathroom and a balcony for sunrise enjoying. The corridor is large and always kept clean. I really recommend this place for its great value. Anyway, the map on the website seems to be misleading towards the opposite direction.

It's a nice hostel, lacks of character and energy, but the view from my room was breath taking. Internet was working, the room was clean. The staff was nice, but if you search for something that feels like home, this is not the place. I've been there just 1 night and it was fine, generally average.

This place was great, however, we paid for a private room for three days and had no running water.

Nice location just down the road from the busy pubs far enough for peace but close enough to walk up in a matter of minutes. Great view from the balcony to the river and mountains. Water tended to go off most days, the staff put this down to the local water board, bit annoying but not the end of the world as it came back on in time.

The dorm beds are super comfortable and specious. Hostel staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough to help. Perfect location, short walk to bars but still in quiet area. Only thing lacking is a communal area.

• 30th Jan 2014

BounTang was a nice hotel that is in a great location near bars, restaurants, and the street life of Vang Vieng. The young guy that runs the place is nice but needs more experience. My 5 bed dorm room only had 2 keys for 5 people so they need to stay on top of keys, several times I scaled the balcony because the door was locked. The bathroom was dirty with lots of ants, like way too many ants. The beds are auper comfy and you can't beat the balcony view and price for a nice sleep.

View all Vang Vieng Bed and Breakfasts