Bountang Hotel Reviews

Old Market River side Road, Vang Vieng, Laos

this place was good, you get clean beds, nice bathroom with good hot showers. staff are really helpful but there is no commons room so not easy to meet other travellers if your on your own!

Perfect location a small walk from the centre of town making it nice and quiet. Delicious breakfast, fantastic staff, great hostel all round

• 24th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Excellent value for money and most helpful staff. I wwould recommend this to anyone traveling with a limited budget, was genuinely surprised how good it was...

Hostel is a good value but you can find cheaper in town. Same with bus tickets. Upper bunk beds are very squeaky. Tiny safe box is up by computers & reception area (bring own lock), which makes access ackward. Downstairs dorms where warm but the room needed more air circulation to get a good nights sleep.

My stay here at Bountang hotel was really good. The staff was really friendly, especially Michelle. She helped us out a lot, suggesting places to eat, activities, and helped us with direction. Stayed in a 8 person room and it was good. nothing special but you get what you pay for. Anything that was wrong, they fixed right away. Breakfast is included and was always good. Overall, the stay was good! Would stay there again.

I can't say a lot about the place except that it's pretty ugly looking, because they were booked although stating otherwise online. The guy then tried to trick me into paying twice the regular price at another place, which ended up being really good by the way. So, rated F for simply disgusting costumer treatment!

the room was clean, the staff very friendly an bathroom, and very good, very close to everything

This hostel serves its purpose well, good to get a free breakfast and good wifi everywhere. Staff is nice and helpful but could speak English a little better. The only complaint is that the doors to the rooms are not locked, and they don't have enough keys for every person. There are lockers by the front desk but you have to bring your own padlock and they ado not fit a whole lot.

We had booked into a dorm but asked if they had any private rooms, we asked how much and he told us twice it was the same price so we had the private room. When we went to pay it was actually double the price, and he just laughed at us.

I really behind them when you say When you want to change my own room it clear to your own room and the price you agreed with me about the price, the room you just have to add up to 60,000 people, and you were one room with nice

More charger sockets by beds! :) but Heidi is lovely

Most comfortable bed ive slept in on my travels to date. The view from the room is incredible. Its located 3 min walk from main strip and tubing. For the price i paid for the room i have no complaints, would deffo reccommend the hostel

Good location. Not very social. Good value.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice free breakfast!

Lovely staff. Good location. Electricity blew a few times though

• 19th Oct 2014

Very kind, helpful staff. They also sell transportation tickets at very competitive prices and do an excellent job with laundry. The view from the fourth floor balcony is jaw dropping.

Excellent price!! Decent breakfast and close too everything that you need, would definitely stay again staff were friendly and helpful!!

• 23rd Sep 2014

My owner, thank you reduce your time to comment useful at our hotel during your holiday thank you

The very best part of the hotel is the hotel staff. The front staff greeted us upon our return each day and treated us like we were family.

I am the owner of the hotel, on behalf of the entire staff felt you had your positive review of your stay at our hotel

It was so lovely to stay. Room and toilet were clean, staffs were nice and friendly. Good location. I really enjoyed staying here.

Hostel was really good. Cheap dorm with airco, nice staff. A 15 min walk to the night market and city center. You can also rent bikes at the hostel and go to the center or the swimming pool. Or take a tuktuk ofcourse. You can arrange buses to Vang Vieng and other places through the hostel for a reasonable price. Breakfast was good.

It's cheap but doesn't worth to stay here. The lack of service, responsability and safety is terrible. My friends

I am the owner, as you write your comment I see a lack of objectivity, and that day I was directly check that your room stay with you and check out on time that in only one room and I told her you are sorry and I want you to change your room into the next room for everything I had to clean the that I turn to no one else in the room, and board was close attention, as you wrote dishonesty

View all Vang Vieng Bed and Breakfasts