Bountang Hotel Reviews

Old Market River side Road, Vang Vieng, Laos

good location, close to everything but at the calm end of the road. dorm is more like a hotel room with 4 single beds,tv, balcony and own bathroom. there are better accommodations when it comes to atmosphere but just for sleeping it's more than ok!

The owner is really sweet. The location is perfect, but we didn't have water sometimes and the door was quite hard to lock in the bathroom. The dorm is really spacious! I would stay here again.

During two days of my stay there wasn't any water in the daytime on my floor, but I don't know if I had just bad luck or if it happens often. Had to go to the shower and toilet downstairs. I stayed in a female dorm, which was luxurious with very comfortable beds, a balcony and a tv.

Good location with friendly staff and nice views. Quite peaceful at night but not far from the centre. Male dorm room is quite large with en suite bathroom and a balcony for sunrise enjoying. The corridor is large and always kept clean. I really recommend this place for its great value. Anyway, the map on the website seems to be misleading towards the opposite direction.

It's a nice hostel, lacks of character and energy, but the view from my room was breath taking. Internet was working, the room was clean. The staff was nice, but if you search for something that feels like home, this is not the place. I've been there just 1 night and it was fine, generally average.

This place was great, however, we paid for a private room for three days and had no running water.

Nice location just down the road from the busy pubs far enough for peace but close enough to walk up in a matter of minutes. Great view from the balcony to the river and mountains. Water tended to go off most days, the staff put this down to the local water board, bit annoying but not the end of the world as it came back on in time.

The dorm beds are super comfortable and specious. Hostel staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough to help. Perfect location, short walk to bars but still in quiet area. Only thing lacking is a communal area.

• 30th Jan 2014

BounTang was a nice hotel that is in a great location near bars, restaurants, and the street life of Vang Vieng. The young guy that runs the place is nice but needs more experience. My 5 bed dorm room only had 2 keys for 5 people so they need to stay on top of keys, several times I scaled the balcony because the door was locked. The bathroom was dirty with lots of ants, like way too many ants. The beds are auper comfy and you can't beat the balcony view and price for a nice sleep.

the hostel was ok.. bathrooms where dirty and it smells horrible.. but the view was nice!

Desk was often left unattended so anyone could have walked in but the town seemed very safe. Big comfy beds with tv's In every room, balcony s with awesome views a massive highlight. No real communal area though.

I had a good stay here. Staff are friendly:-)

We stayed here for a couple of nights and really loved it! Staff are so friendly and welcoming. Rooms clean and tidy and an AMAZING view from the balcony. It was SO CHEAP and included breakfast. Great time, also an adorable baby :)

• 24th Nov 2013

I can not say so much about the quality. The place was clean and had a nice view. BUT: They asked me to leave after a few hours.

View all Vang Vieng Bed and Breakfasts