Bountang Hotel Reviews

Old Market River side Road, Vang Vieng, Laos

Meh, served as a base for a couple of days but wasn't really enjoyable. Room was bug ridden and staff didn't really know what was going on or really care. Security consisted of a small box in reception you could lock. Anyone could have gone in the room. The hotel itself is way out from the center of town. Might just have been my experience but there was absolutely no atmosphere at all. No place to chill out. They refused to do my washing because it was too muddy from walking to blue lagoon.

Good location and an amazing view from top floor. Not very social and staff aren't very helpful

Do not stay at Boutang; me & my friend have been backpacking across Asia for over 2 months and haven't been picky about our accommodation, but this place is by far the worst. The 'beds' barely qualify as such - they're tiny, creak at the slightest movement & the sheets hadn't been changed. The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting and there was ZERO security - not even locks on doors. The staff treated us appallingly when we complained, threatening to call the police and telling me to die. Awful.

The front desk staff doesn't speak very good English. Make sure you know exactly how much you should be paying. They tried to overcharge me twice! Great location right in the middle of town.

The most disorganised staff imaginable. They spent half an hour trying to find our booking. Once they finally gave us a room they then asked us to move. Hotel is in an alright location and the rooms are pretty spacioUs and cleaned regularly, however they get dirty very easily. Trying to get information from the front desk is impossible. We were told three different times for our bus to Luang Prabang. Then woken up at 8am to be told it was in half an hour

Worst hostel we've stayed in thus far. During our stay many items were stolen, as you can't lock doors and lockers not easily accessible. There is no communal area so it's not easy to meet new people. The free breakfast isn't included if you get a bigger dorm room. The beds are rock solid and squeak endlessly through the night. However, the location was good and just outside the hostel is a lovely view.

Good air con in rooms and ensuite bathroom, but not the cleanest bathroom. Beds are squeaky but who cares really. A few minute walk away from the main bit. Only stayed here for one night and then moved to easy go bring it was slightly cheaper but I actually preferred bountang. Good wifi as well and it reaches the rooms. Nice rooftop terrace as well with a good view

No lockers for valuables, I had to wait on the staff to check in, my room was dirty, as was the bathroom. Great location and the breakfast was very good.

I have never been compelled to write a negative review about a hostel until staying at bountang. Made reso in a 5 bed dorm. Show up, they are full, only have 8 bed dorms left. What about the reservation? Ok that's fine I guess. Had heard the problem of staff stealing from you in this town so I probably should not have left money in my bag. Had $100 stolen from my bag and another chap in another room had $160 stolen from him. Please DO NOT leave any money in your room if you decide to stay here.

Horrible hostel. The staff is totally unhelpful. I had multiple things stolen from me also while I was there. Would not go back. There are better cheaper places elsewhere.

I booking 1 room for 5 people and have to paid deposit but when i arrival hotel staff said "that room not available" and them change to another room type. I don't want they do like this. i book a room but they sale my room to other one. >> Feel Bad

Location, staffs & cleanliness are excellent! Somehow, it would be even better if a simple breakfast in included in the price of the room. Hot/boiling water should also be made available in the hostel, without asking us to cross the street to get hot water for our own consumption (to make our own coffee & instant noodles). I'd rate 3.5 star for this hostel :-)

Worst place we stayed on our trip thus far. We arrived to find that there was no room left so we had to be split up. One girl in the dorm and two of us in the guest house. The guesthouse room was shocking with bricked in windows and constant power outages and it smelt like nobody had been in there for years. The staff also tried to charge us extra on check out for using the guesthouse that we never booked in the first place. Don't stay here!

View all Vang Vieng Bed and Breakfasts