Bountang Hotel Reviews

Old Market River side Road, Vang Vieng, Laos

I had an awful expiernece at this hostel. we informed them what time we were coming and when we arrived there was no one at the front desk and they were sleeping on the floor. then when we checked out they tried to charge me more money even tho there was a receipt that showed how much we had to pay. also, they tried to rip us off when we were booking a bus. one person said one price and then someone else said a higher price. I would not recommend staying here

Meh, served as a base for a couple of days but wasn't really enjoyable. Room was bug ridden and staff didn't really know what was going on or really care. Security consisted of a small box in reception you could lock. Anyone could have gone in the room. The hotel itself is way out from the center of town. Might just have been my experience but there was absolutely no atmosphere at all. No place to chill out. They refused to do my washing because it was too muddy from walking to blue lagoon.

Good location and an amazing view from top floor. Not very social and staff aren't very helpful

Do not stay at Boutang; me & my friend have been backpacking across Asia for over 2 months and haven't been picky about our accommodation, but this place is by far the worst. The 'beds' barely qualify as such - they're tiny, creak at the slightest movement & the sheets hadn't been changed. The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting and there was ZERO security - not even locks on doors. The staff treated us appallingly when we complained, threatening to call the police and telling me to die. Awful.

The front desk staff doesn't speak very good English. Make sure you know exactly how much you should be paying. They tried to overcharge me twice! Great location right in the middle of town.

The most disorganised staff imaginable. They spent half an hour trying to find our booking. Once they finally gave us a room they then asked us to move. Hotel is in an alright location and the rooms are pretty spacioUs and cleaned regularly, however they get dirty very easily. Trying to get information from the front desk is impossible. We were told three different times for our bus to Luang Prabang. Then woken up at 8am to be told it was in half an hour

Worst hostel we've stayed in thus far. During our stay many items were stolen, as you can't lock doors and lockers not easily accessible. There is no communal area so it's not easy to meet new people. The free breakfast isn't included if you get a bigger dorm room. The beds are rock solid and squeak endlessly through the night. However, the location was good and just outside the hostel is a lovely view.

Good air con in rooms and ensuite bathroom, but not the cleanest bathroom. Beds are squeaky but who cares really. A few minute walk away from the main bit. Only stayed here for one night and then moved to easy go bring it was slightly cheaper but I actually preferred bountang. Good wifi as well and it reaches the rooms. Nice rooftop terrace as well with a good view

View all Vang Vieng Bed and Breakfasts