Bourke Backpackers Reviews

132 Bourke St, Woolloomooloo, Sydney, Australia

Nice and cosy hostel with free wifi! But there is no pool and aircon, as said, at the hostel. The kitchen has few equippment to use. But loved our stay here.

Last minute booking. Served its purpose for what I needed. It needs work but didn't affect my stay there.

• 15th Feb 2014

Good location to explore tbe city.. Nice manager and big tv ...

It was the worst place I've ever stayed at, dirty and cockroaches everywhere..

• 20th Jan 2014

Very poor facilities was filthy in fact in the whole stay I never saw any cleaners. The kitchen had no cooking equipment and was full of cockroaches. The dorm room as extremely small even though there is a sign on door saying max 4 people to a room they still squished 3 bunk beds and 6 people into a 2x2 meter room with a tiny window that hardly opened

The rooms are tiny!! There is no space for luggage or movement or anything!! The kitchen is very poor, most cooking plates and oven are not working! The ^free breakfast^ is only toast with jam and a few times there was no toast left and nobody from reception could be found to ask for more. They also overbook the hostel a few times, they should organize it better. The only good thing is the rooftop.

Was booked to stay with the hostel from Dec 31st- Jan 8th. First impressions were that the hostel was very basic but from the price and reviews, this was to be expected. I had booked 2x4 bed dors to ensure my party of 8 were all in rooms together but also had a little space in which to get dressed of a morning/evening. We actually received one room of 6 and my other two friends were left in a room of strangers. There is much more I can complain about here, but do not have sufficient characters!

• 31st Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The rooms are very, very small. In the kitchen are only four cooking plates (one was nearly not working), the other four and the oven was not working. A good thing ist, that there are fridges in the rooms as well, but its just not enough space in the room.

Kitchen full of cockroaches but you're going to get your own dishes. Too litte bathrooms on one of the floors and they're absolutely disgusting. Toilet paper is a luxury good and i've never seen any soap. Our room has been small and stuffy but at least quite comfortable Very friendly and helpfully stuff! :) Even if cleanness isn't on first place i think it's a good place to spend a couple of nights because you're going to reach everything by foot and living next to kings cross is pretty cool ;)

Very bad Hostel, with lots of cockroach in the kitchen and also un the rooms! Small rooms, too small kitchen and room TV for the lot of people they have ! There is no utensil So be sure to have yours (no plates, no fork, no spoon, no knife just fried pans or sauce pans) It's very dirty EVERYWHERE, anyway: WORSE BACKPACKERS EVER DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!!

• 11th Nov 2013

There is cockroaches in the hostel, flies in the kitchen, smells in the reception, showers and toilets are quite dirty. And the room for luggages is not locked. If only the prices was lower, but even not. I think that the staff is not so bad but why they do not care about cleaning ? People who stays in there are just staying for one night because they have no choice, they should question themselves about that.

I believe that after this experience I won't go in an other hostel during my life. The bedroom was very dirty and there was a incredible bad smell, not only in the bedroom but also in the computer room and close to the entrance. The only positive things were the position, because we were close to the city center and the hot water in the bathrooms. I know that I paid a very less price but the quality was really bad. David

• 27th Sep 2013