BoutiQuito Design Hostel Reviews

Jonas Guerrero 100 y Rafael Leon Larrea, Also known as Via a Guapulo, Quito, Ecuador

Best hostel I have ever been at. Good atmosphere. Really clean and good organized

• 6th Sep 2014

A girl came to my dorm room and sat on the bed for 1/2 hr (fully clothed). So they charged me for another night????

The staff was fantastic and so was everything at the Hostel! The cooking facilities and purified water available 24/7 with a delicious breakfast included. The art/decor was also brilliant. We could not have asked for anything more.

When we did the check out they over charge us 10 dollars ... When we shaw them they were wrong the refuse to refund us .... Guys that's call stilling !!!! The advise they give us about Quito were bad and inaccurate .. The decor of the hostel is kind of nice but hard to enjoy a place where you being OVERCHARGE ...so them having such a high rating is a joke!!! THERE IS MUCH BETTER HOSTEL IN QUITO

One of the nicest hostels I have stayed in during a 4 month journey in South America. Unfortunately I had some items taken out of my bag while taking a shower, remember to always lock everything up.

great facilities, however, it just too far from historic center and a little closer to La Mariscal.

Most comfortable beds in South America

Super clean place with nice design to boot, great atmosphere & the staff were OUTSTANDING (Cris & Daniel in particular, who went out of their way with recommendations on things to do and places to see, as well as help with logistics). Would 100% return if I w=ever go back to quito...!!!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • India

Location is a bit far from old town, but that's not a big deal, walking distance to Mariscal. The beds are superb, the staff is really friendly, funny and helpful. Good lockers, good security, great view from the common area. I can definitely recommend this place! And I'll be back!

Calling yourself a boutique "design" hostel is a recipe for disappointment. Newly decorated, the place certainly looks better than most. Toilet paper holders OUTSIDE the toilets just pisses me off. As do showers where you can't hang your towel. The worst is the breakfast they charge you extra for, but don't tell you this until you checkout. You can't even make your own because they close the kitchen in the mornings! Combined with a location in the middle of nowhere (the view is nice), I'd avoid

The staff especially Daniel was extremely friendly and helpful. They gave me lots of tips and places to visit in Quito. The hostel is located midway from the north of the city and the centro where most of the sites are. The rooms were nice and spacious and the breakfast was excellent for the added price. Wished I was able to stay more days. The hostel was great overall.

The place is highly rated and as a result it was very full. Unfortunately, our experience did not meet the review expectations and were left sleeping in 4 different beds during our 4 night stay (booked 3 weeks in advance) and some luke warm showers. The common area is nice and the beds in rooms are nice too. The kitchen needs more facilities for cooking (esp sunday). Location is a bit out of the way - need to catch many taxis. Cafe down the road (Miel) is very good.

Very noisy, even with a private room, but safe and clean.

The room for a 6 bed dorm was $17 but when u went to pay an added tax got so it ended up being over $19. Too expensive for an out of the way hostel! He gave our friend $10 change in all 5 cent peices. Athsctically pleasing but not worth the dish as a backpacker!

• 5th Jun 2014

It´s a hostel take on a boutique hotel, and it works. It´s nice and in a safe area. There are electrical outlets and reading lights at every bed, which makes things better. Breakfast is not included. Staff is really good.

Boutiquito has to be the best hostel I have ever stayed in. You can tell that the staff really care about their hostel, the facilities were spotless and the real duvets and pillows made me feel like I was in a 5-star hotel! There was a great atmosphere and I met some fantastic people. The location isn't too fantastic, but the view from the living room makes it worth it. If you're taking the airport shuttle, get them to direct you to HOTEL Quito and walk the last 150m! Much easier!

I believe every host should provide the guest with good staff manners, acceptable atmosphere, clean facility all at a competitive price. Boutiquito was able to meet that challenge.

Very nice and well-maintained hostel. The people working at the front desk are very helpful and knowledgeable as well.

This hostel was the nicest hostel we have stayed in in South America and that's says a lot given I have stayed in about 25 across six countries. The beds were so clean and comfortable, the mattresses were fluffy and I had some of the best nights sleeps here. The kitchen is really well stocked, very big so plenty of space. There are two areas to eat, one being a breakfast bar that looks out over the city, stunning view. The decor in the hostel is beautiful, to be honest it was more like a hotel!

Very nice hostel with helpful staff in a good a safe location. Would use again and would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.