BoutiQuito Design Hostel Reviews

Jonas Guerrero 100 y Rafael Leon Larrea, Also known as Via a Guapulo, Quito, Ecuador

Great hostel, best I’ve been in in a year of travelling. Not in the cento historica but close to metro that can take you everywhere.

Very good place to stay. Wonderful staff, good beds, lockers, kitchen with all you need, great internet connection, interesting and unusual interior. Far from historical centre.

the hostel was a little out the way, but it totally made up for it in charm and comfort! wonderful views out the common room window and a beautifully decorated space 😊 the beds were super comfy and the breakfast was yummy too, if im ever in quito again, i know where to go!

Amazing hostel! Highly recommended.

• 4th Mar 2015

I had a great stay at this hostel, and I loved everyone I met. My only recommendation to help future guests is to give them more guidance on the surrounding area. I spent about 5 nights total in BoutiQuito, and I asked for recommendations for places to eat and stuff multiple times. Everyone was very helpful, but only on my last day did I realize how close I was to some awesome restaurants and cool neighborhoods--just turn right on the main road! Let your guests know about cool stuff around them!

Really cool hostel. Kind staff and as good location as it could have been in Quito (didn't really love the city). Really enjoyed stay here. Beds were clean. Bathroom didn't have hot water though but said you had to leave it and it still didn't work. The wifi was very strong downstairs. Stayed in a room of 6 and it was comfortable and nice.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The actual place is really beautiful. The common area is full of massive comfy sofas with an amazing view of Quito. There's loads of space to hang out and it's easy to meet people. The kitchen is massive and has everything you need to cook. The beds are incredibly comfy and there's loads of space for all your things, as well as lockers, and all beds have plug sockets. Staff are really friendly and helpful. There's also a movie room with loads of DVDs!

Really nice hostel with beautiful decor

Laura, Soledad and the other ladies of Boutiquito Guapulo were so amazingly helpful in many ways. When I needed to stay an extra night, after changing my plans in Quito, they made the accommodations without a problem. Laura and Sol were always available and took time out to show me how to get to certain parts of town and what places in the City would be of interest to me. Laura gave me great advice on how to get around using the Trole system. They were very patient with me. THANK YOU!

• 14th Jan 2015

There are some great things about this hostel - really comfy bed, fluffy towel, hot shower, good view of hills - but let down by two problems: too far out of town, and non-existent changing facilities in the shower.

Everything about this hostel is AMAZING! The atmosphere created by the exceptionally awesome staff is just one reason why I will return. I do travel a lot and overtime have stayed in a lot of different hostels. BoutiQuito design hostel is by far the greatest place I have stayed at and this is the reason I will be back!!!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Very new and modern hostel with excellent beds and great facilities. The staff, particularly Daniel was very helpful and friendly. Only downside was the location is a little bit far from the action, but close enough to bus stop to get around. "I will be back"

I didn't really understand the private bathroom concept because the bathroom is not actually private because it's in the hall and theoretically speaking everyone can make us of it. It was quit unclear for us the first night ( when we did not have a private bathroom) that the one we were using in the hall was a private one. Because the second night we had a private room we made use of the same bathroom except now we payed 4 dollars extra per person.

• 27th Nov 2014

A bit out of the way, but everything else is excellent. The beds are unbelievably comfortable for a hostel. They say, "you will be back" and they aren't exaggerating. :-p

Great hostel with the most enthusiastic staff, went out of their way to get me info on how to cross the border into Colombia. New comfy beds, fresh towels out of the plastic! and power at every bed. Super safe with free coffee and water. Wifi was good enough to stream a game of football. Only knock is probably the local, its about 3 km from the main sights, that said it is a nice walk or a one or two buck taxi.

Great hostel / fantastic staff who provided great advice on what to do in Quito / really clean and comfortable beds in form / only downside was a little out of the main town area so had to catch cab (cheap) or local bus to get into the action.

The cleanest and most comfortable hostel I've stayed in in South America! Super comfortable beds, hot showers, lovely atmosphere and a great place to meet other travellers.

• 12th Oct 2014

Liked the location being away from mariscal but still only a 10 min walk in or short taxi ride to the old town. Staff were so helpful and spoke good English. Good kitchen facilities and free filtered water was a plus. Everyone was very friendly and good communal area. Opposite hostel is an ATM for bank pichincha, which was the only bank we found we could use our English cards at to withdraw cash.