BoutiQuito Design Hostel Reviews

Jonas Guerrero 100 y Rafael Leon Larrea, Also known as Via a Guapulo, Quito, Ecuador

A bit out of the way, but everything else is excellent. The beds are unbelievably comfortable for a hostel. They say, "you will be back" and they aren't exaggerating. :-p

Great hostel with the most enthusiastic staff, went out of their way to get me info on how to cross the border into Colombia. New comfy beds, fresh towels out of the plastic! and power at every bed. Super safe with free coffee and water. Wifi was good enough to stream a game of football. Only knock is probably the local, its about 3 km from the main sights, that said it is a nice walk or a one or two buck taxi.

Great hostel / fantastic staff who provided great advice on what to do in Quito / really clean and comfortable beds in form / only downside was a little out of the main town area so had to catch cab (cheap) or local bus to get into the action.

The cleanest and most comfortable hostel I've stayed in in South America! Super comfortable beds, hot showers, lovely atmosphere and a great place to meet other travellers.

• 12th Oct 2014

Liked the location being away from mariscal but still only a 10 min walk in or short taxi ride to the old town. Staff were so helpful and spoke good English. Good kitchen facilities and free filtered water was a plus. Everyone was very friendly and good communal area. Opposite hostel is an ATM for bank pichincha, which was the only bank we found we could use our English cards at to withdraw cash.

Went back here twice in one month, says enough:) Nice vibe, good beds, clean and nice breakfast!

I've stayed in two other hostels in Quito and this is by far the best. This is my second stay here. I know people always talk about how great the staff are at other hostel but the staff here are truly a cut above everyone else. They will go far beyond the call of duty to assist you or help you find or book something. The location is superb. You pay an extra $1 or $2 a nigh vs. the avg. hostel in Quito but what you get back is so much more. The eres is extremely safe during the day and nt.

Best hostel I have ever been at. Good atmosphere. Really clean and good organized

• 6th Sep 2014

Great hostel, great stuff and a chilled atmosphere makes sure that you enjoy your stay. I came back 3 times to Quito during my 3-weeks-stay and always checked in to Boutiquito. Never regretted my choise.

• 5th Sep 2014

A girl came to my dorm room and sat on the bed for 1/2 hr (fully clothed). So they charged me for another night????

A little out of centre but not more than 15 minutes walk to Mariscal. Rooms are great! Very clean, good showers, lockers, bed light and electricity plug. Good kitchen and for $3 you get a good breakfast. Staff is very friendly and really try to help you. Overall really good.

The staff was fantastic and so was everything at the Hostel! The cooking facilities and purified water available 24/7 with a delicious breakfast included. The art/decor was also brilliant. We could not have asked for anything more.

When we did the check out they over charge us 10 dollars ... When we shaw them they were wrong the refuse to refund us .... Guys that's call stilling !!!! The advise they give us about Quito were bad and inaccurate .. The decor of the hostel is kind of nice but hard to enjoy a place where you being OVERCHARGE ...so them having such a high rating is a joke!!! THERE IS MUCH BETTER HOSTEL IN QUITO

One of the nicest hostels I have stayed in during a 4 month journey in South America. Unfortunately I had some items taken out of my bag while taking a shower, remember to always lock everything up.

great facilities, however, it just too far from historic center and a little closer to La Mariscal.

Most comfortable beds in South America

Super clean place with nice design to boot, great atmosphere & the staff were OUTSTANDING (Cris & Daniel in particular, who went out of their way with recommendations on things to do and places to see, as well as help with logistics). Would 100% return if I w=ever go back to quito...!!!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • India

Location is a bit far from old town, but that's not a big deal, walking distance to Mariscal. The beds are superb, the staff is really friendly, funny and helpful. Good lockers, good security, great view from the common area. I can definitely recommend this place! And I'll be back!

Calling yourself a boutique "design" hostel is a recipe for disappointment. Newly decorated, the place certainly looks better than most. Toilet paper holders OUTSIDE the toilets just pisses me off. As do showers where you can't hang your towel. The worst is the breakfast they charge you extra for, but don't tell you this until you checkout. You can't even make your own because they close the kitchen in the mornings! Combined with a location in the middle of nowhere (the view is nice), I'd avoid

The staff especially Daniel was extremely friendly and helpful. They gave me lots of tips and places to visit in Quito. The hostel is located midway from the north of the city and the centro where most of the sites are. The rooms were nice and spacious and the breakfast was excellent for the added price. Wished I was able to stay more days. The hostel was great overall.