Bowden Court Reviews

24 Ladbroke road, Notting Hill, London, England

Best hostel in the area. slept like a baby.

Good value for money, though it is more of a long term place to stay, not as much of a hostel. Not a great atmosphere in terms of meeting other travelers.

This was the worst hostel I've stayed at. Most of the staff was rude and unhelpful, no free wifi, the bathrooms were disgusting, the room was filthy (marks all over the wall, sheets covered in small black things), the cabinets in the room didn't actually lock, the beds were uncomfortable, and it was loud. The area is nice, but there is nothing to do unless you take transport. From what I gather, it is a place for long term residents, so there really wasn't much atmosphere.

The bathrooms were horrible here! The fault was more with the residents than the cleaners though, but some of the bathrooms reeked of urine if the windows were closed, which indicates a problem with the toilets or the flooring. There are 2 microwaves and nothing else; not even a paper towel!!! Some of the staffers were nice, but some of them were quite impatient, and one lady got very angry when I enquired if I was going to get my key deposit back!!!!! I regretted booking so many days here.

Nice friendly hostel. Awesome facilities

Showers were so small and disgusting. Rooms were cool because only two people and no bunks. No kitchen.

Very friendly staff and good value for money ! The room was spacious enough for a hostel and the location is perfect to visit Notthing Hill.

Comfy mattress. Helpful, friendly staff.

The hostel was clean and the staff was helpful and patient, and took care of everything we needed. The room was comfortable and the garbage was taken every day.

Best place in London to stay by far no ifs ands or buts. This place is extremely clean and right near the NHG tube. The included meals and hospitable staff are unlike any other place I've stayed in. Appreciate the effort these people put in! I will definitely stay here again

Although it's not a hostel I would definitely come back! Many people stay there for work or study, I was with a friend and we had our own room, bathroom is outside, super clean, breakfast is included, very complete. Staff is really nice too! Already missing the place!

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

I regularly stay in London hostels for work and I have to say I was very pleased with Bowden Court. It's definitely one of the best LHA places I've stayed.

Best hostel I have been to

Fantastic hostel. A mix of travellers and long stay. Great value for money with breakfast included. Just beware of staying in the room right next to the front doors, unfortunately people coming in and out creates enough noise to give a broken sleep. Also the shower was not draining properly when I used it (I did report it).

• 4th Sep 2015

very good hostel in Central London

Really friendly, good choice

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Vietnam

Reception helpful Clean Tiday Great breakfast Cheap for a single in 2 bed room

When I arrived at the reception was empty. I had to wait until another visitor let me in and then I had to wait at the desk for quite a while before anyone showed up. I arrived a few hours later than planned, but still. The place didn't have the most social atmosphere and, as a light sleeper and I found the bed to be somewhat uncomfortable. On a positive note there where large lockable spaces to store stuff, the place was nice and clean and the WiFi was good. good cheap place in a nice area.

Great location. Clean rooms and facilities. Polite staff.

Great place to stay, easy access to transport, supermarkets, attractions and so forth. Spacious rooms with lots of personal storage lockers. Breakfast and dinner were included and was cery nice. It is however, more of a permanent residence for a lot of people so it was hard to meet fellow travellers. Overall a great choice, i would definitely stay here again.