Bowden Court Reviews

24 Ladbroke road, Notting Hill, London, England

Reception helpful Clean Tiday Great breakfast Cheap for a single in 2 bed room

When I arrived at the reception was empty. I had to wait until another visitor let me in and then I had to wait at the desk for quite a while before anyone showed up. I arrived a few hours later than planned, but still. The place didn't have the most social atmosphere and, as a light sleeper and I found the bed to be somewhat uncomfortable. On a positive note there where large lockable spaces to store stuff, the place was nice and clean and the WiFi was good. good cheap place in a nice area.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Norway

Great location. Clean rooms and facilities. Polite staff.

Great place to stay, easy access to transport, supermarkets, attractions and so forth. Spacious rooms with lots of personal storage lockers. Breakfast and dinner were included and was cery nice. It is however, more of a permanent residence for a lot of people so it was hard to meet fellow travellers. Overall a great choice, i would definitely stay here again.

the location of this hostel is awesome! A short walk to Notting Hill Gate station, portobello rd market and supermarkets too. The place is set up mainly for long term stays, mainly students. Because of this dorm style they offer brekky and dinner (weekdays) and brekky and lunch (weekends) included in the price. It's nothing spectacular, but good to save a few extra pounds! Although always well booked, the place is pretty dead and you aren't allowed alcohol on the premises.

Atmosphere was dead. I saw about three fellow travellers the entire time. Breakfast didn't start until 9.30am which was annoying because I was keen to start my day well before that. Staff were not particularly friendly.

• 7th Aug 2015

Unbeatable price in central London. Some hot and cold water taps had issues. Very clean room. Excellent overall.

Cheap and clean. The staff is not very friendly or helpful at all though (with the exception of one blonde lady at the reception desk who was lovely).

when we arrived at the hostel we were told that we could not stay there because my granddaugther was under 18 yrs old. it doesn't said anything on their web page about not taking anybody under 18. The lady at the front desk was very rude and treated me like if i was a delincuent for trying to stay there with a child. My granddaughter not a child, she is just under 18 and a world traveler just like me. i contacted hostelworld but i never got a response.

Only stayed for a brief night and didn't go to any common area. Location really good, in notting hill. Room was clean and well equipped in general except that my bed was really squeaky.

Clean hostel, friendly staff who smile when you walk past, good location near to 3 of the main tube lines at Notting Hill Gate. There's also a good second-hand book shop nearby where I bought 10+ books...

The hostel has really good location and it is not expensive. The room where I stayed was clean and tidy. I really reccomend you this place !

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Very nice. The place is like a uni campus. Proper clean and max. 4 bed dorms. I was in a two bed room. Nice relaxing sleep. Although there is no kitchen and only a room with 2 kettles and microwave ovens. No cups or cutlery.

discrimination of disable residents is on regular basis especially females

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Stay again here. Nice stay.

The hostel was average. For an okay price, I got a two person bedroom, a free breakfast, and a free lunch. However, I was traveling alone and this hostel had absolutely no social atmosphere or community. It was a come and go kind of place, and the only person I met was the girl I shared a room with. The food was only average, but definitely saved me a pretty penny in an expensive city. The room was fine, but the bathrooms were a little sketchy. Definitely not luxurious but served its purpose

The rooms are clean and there are locks for the drawer and wardrobe. The windows are big enough to refresh air. The breakfast and lunch (or dinner) are provided and sometimes you can have the choices for meal. But, the shower rooms are quite small.

Amazing value for money.

Arrived expecting to stay in a four bedroom dorm only to be told that they have no four bedroom dorms, only twin share! Bonus! We were still charged the same amount! We also got free breakfast...and dinner, something which is unusual and very rare! So that was amazing :) overall the experience was wonderful, would definitely re commend this place and would stay there again in the future!

very good hostel