Bowden Court Reviews

24 Ladbroke road, Notting Hill, London, England

the best hostel ind london

• 23rd Apr 2015

Fridge where you can put your food will be great.

This hostel is fantastic clean toilet and shower, rooms are very comfortable and clean, but it will be great if they have fridge to put your food.

The twin-bed is kind of small and too tidy. Even for a typical size Asian man.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Only the lady in reception was somewhat tough when they have the vacancy they still kept the room free I can to know from one of the contacts who was also in the room,

Unfortunately the customer wished to book a room for a long term (14 nights or longer) which we were unable to provide and he would not believe the lady in reception when she kept telling him!

Clean and quiet. I was looking for a place where to stay while looking for a house so it was perfected for me. Totally advised.

The staff don't speak English, those who do should learn more... It's was difficult to communicate with the staff, since they had a very hard time understanding us... The cupboard in our room couldn't be locked... If you know Spanish it won't be a problem staying here...

a premium place really. certainly for the money you pay. not really a travellers hostel (luckily) so not so much partying etc. Shower is not very well designed, not very comfortable. everything else very good, I had (again) a very good sleep, you cant compare it with other hostels with 4+ people in the room. Here it's just you and another person.

I stayed for one night with my friend. We had twin room with shared bathroom, we had tv in our room. Bed sheets and duvet were fresh and clean. Staff was very helpfull. Downstairs there are many facilities like study room, play room and vending machines. Good value for money

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Good points: location is excellent, the access to rooms area is only made with electronic device, the room had a good furniture, apparently new. Bad points: showers are extremely small and do not seem clean, as there are people who live there it becomes quite noisy, a staff member entered the room to clean (which I suspect it didn't occurred as the bin kept full) without asking if was possible, I needed to do an early checkout and there wasn't any staff at reception as previosly told me.

Great location. Very central, nice residential area near Notting Hill. Comes with hot meals (I think breakfast and dinner). So it's a very good deal. it comes with a basic gym too. (Treadmills and stuff.) I stayed in a double room. The room was STINKY. Absolutely disgusting odour. It was some sort of mixture with the other guy's BO and instant ramen noodle, I think. The other guy was staying there for like months. It's just a few days for me so i just shut my mouth. It's just down to luck.

Toilets and showers are very old. Flush did not work at some toilets and showers are not that great either. However, the room was alright, breakfast was good and the location is perfect.

It was a pity that the gym was closed when I was there. The place is great, good location, nice and clean, but if you're looking for a youth hostel with a common room with music and atmosphere to meet people, this one doesn't look so much like it. If you're just looking for a great place to sleep and have good breaksfast/dinner (like in a hotel), this is your place!

The staff are not that friendly, and once one of a staff member even broke into our room (a double room for two girls) without asking or knocking the door. It's really ridiculous!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • China

Good location Good staff with clean rooms.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Close to Notting Hill. But the street is a bit too quite to walk at night Recommend more hooks for washrooms and it's quite cold in the toilets. Props for the lockers

It was an excellent stay for the value, in a quiet neighbourhood.

• 27th Dec 2014

I had a wonderful stay at Bowden Court. It is in a very central location and very easy to travel around London from here. It was clean and well-maintained as the rooms were cleaned every morning. It is very safe and there is a security man there through the night. The food was included and was very good! There is even a machine where you can have any kind of hot drink with your breakfast in the morning. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. This is the best place I've stayed in on my travels

My staying on LHA was quiet bad. There was too much noise on the rooms that I could hear from my room which disturbed my sleep. Also the cleaning was not so good, the halls had a terrible smell. Besides the quality of the mattress was really poor. I would not recommend LHA to anyone.

• 15th Dec 2014

great location, excellent rooms (only 2 single beds in room), superb mattress, very clean. Feels like a cheap hotel rather than a hostel. Most people here are long-term residents. Feels very safe. Only downside I could find was the showers, just a laugh really, water sprays so close to the wall, not very comfortable. All in all though I would definitely come back provided the price is good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3