Bowden Court Reviews

24 Ladbroke road, Notting Hill, London, England

Best hostel in the area. slept like a baby.

I stayed just 1 night in this hostel, but I really liked it. The position was perfect (just 10 minutes by walk from Portobello Road and 15 by bus from Piccadilly Circus) and the room was cleaned and nice. Toilets/showers were cleaned as well. Breakfast was included in the price (from 7.30am to 8.30 am, just 1 hour and too early for me, I haven't had time to eat, I was still sleeping). Anyway, nice stay, I will come back for sure!

• 17th Jan 2016

Good value for money, though it is more of a long term place to stay, not as much of a hostel. Not a great atmosphere in terms of meeting other travelers.

This was the worst hostel I've stayed at. Most of the staff was rude and unhelpful, no free wifi, the bathrooms were disgusting, the room was filthy (marks all over the wall, sheets covered in small black things), the cabinets in the room didn't actually lock, the beds were uncomfortable, and it was loud. The area is nice, but there is nothing to do unless you take transport. From what I gather, it is a place for long term residents, so there really wasn't much atmosphere.

The rooms are small but they only have two beds in each so it was very good and comfortable. Location is the best part of this hostel. i didnt like the breakfast and dinner, maybe because they had a limited menu. The showers were a nightmare, dont stay at this hostel if you're claustrophobic or tall because you wont be able to shower. They have good lockers with room enough for huge luggages

The bathrooms were horrible here! The fault was more with the residents than the cleaners though, but some of the bathrooms reeked of urine if the windows were closed, which indicates a problem with the toilets or the flooring. There are 2 microwaves and nothing else; not even a paper towel!!! Some of the staffers were nice, but some of them were quite impatient, and one lady got very angry when I enquired if I was going to get my key deposit back!!!!! I regretted booking so many days here.

Nice friendly hostel. Awesome facilities

Showers were so small and disgusting. Rooms were cool because only two people and no bunks. No kitchen.

Very friendly staff and good value for money ! The room was spacious enough for a hostel and the location is perfect to visit Notthing Hill.

Comfy mattress. Helpful, friendly staff.

The hostel was clean and the staff was helpful and patient, and took care of everything we needed. The room was comfortable and the garbage was taken every day.

Best place in London to stay by far no ifs ands or buts. This place is extremely clean and right near the NHG tube. The included meals and hospitable staff are unlike any other place I've stayed in. Appreciate the effort these people put in! I will definitely stay here again

Me encanto el hostel. Es más una residencia de estudiantes y esta hospedandose hace mucho tiempo, pero es excelente. El desayuno muy completo (le faltaría frutas). Él staff muy amigable y siempre responden a todo lo que le preguntas. El ambiente buenísimo, y la ubicación es lejos del centro pero está muy cerca del metro y del hyde park, es fácil manejarse desde ahí.

Although it's not a hostel I would definitely come back! Many people stay there for work or study, I was with a friend and we had our own room, bathroom is outside, super clean, breakfast is included, very complete. Staff is really nice too! Already missing the place!

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

I regularly stay in London hostels for work and I have to say I was very pleased with Bowden Court. It's definitely one of the best LHA places I've stayed.

Good location Good breakfast Good. Hotel for value

Best hostel I have been to

I stayed only one night in London. This hostel was very good. It is clean and in a quite zone of London. In the nearby there are many shops and Portobello road market. I'd suggest it to everybody.

• 4th Sep 2015

Fantastic hostel. A mix of travellers and long stay. Great value for money with breakfast included. Just beware of staying in the room right next to the front doors, unfortunately people coming in and out creates enough noise to give a broken sleep. Also the shower was not draining properly when I used it (I did report it).

• 4th Sep 2015