Bowden Court Reviews

24 Ladbroke road, Notting Hill, London, England

Arrived expecting to stay in a four bedroom dorm only to be told that they have no four bedroom dorms, only twin share! Bonus! We were still charged the same amount! We also got free breakfast...and dinner, something which is unusual and very rare! So that was amazing :) overall the experience was wonderful, would definitely re commend this place and would stay there again in the future!

Actually not really a hostel. Most of the residents are there for long-term stay and they seem to sell free beds to travellers occasionally. So you shouldn't expect to meet other travellers there. But besides of that: clean, spacious rooms, clean facilities (showers are really small as often said before but there are also more spacious bathrooms) and a real quiet neighbourhood but just a few steps away from buzzing Notting Hill.

• 13th May 2015

Great experience. The staff were very friendly and it was in an ideal location.

• 9th May 2015

Great location, friendly staff

• 9th May 2015

Muy bueno, recomendable! Volvería a ir!

• 7th May 2015
  • Argentina

This is one of the hostel I have stayed cleanliness great but I will recommend fridge for guest that like to buy their own.

the best hostel ind london

• 23rd Apr 2015

Fridge where you can put your food will be great.

This hostel is fantastic clean toilet and shower, rooms are very comfortable and clean, but it will be great if they have fridge to put your food.

The twin-bed is kind of small and too tidy. Even for a typical size Asian man.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Comodo silenzioso ben organizzato, economico.... Portatevi l'asciugamano io Nn l'avevo ma loro non lo forniscono . Per il resto tutto positivo

Only the lady in reception was somewhat tough when they have the vacancy they still kept the room free I can to know from one of the contacts who was also in the room,

Unfortunately the customer wished to book a room for a long term (14 nights or longer) which we were unable to provide and he would not believe the lady in reception when she kept telling him!

Clean and quiet. I was looking for a place where to stay while looking for a house so it was perfected for me. Totally advised.

The staff don't speak English, those who do should learn more... It's was difficult to communicate with the staff, since they had a very hard time understanding us... The cupboard in our room couldn't be locked... If you know Spanish it won't be a problem staying here...

a premium place really. certainly for the money you pay. not really a travellers hostel (luckily) so not so much partying etc. Shower is not very well designed, not very comfortable. everything else very good, I had (again) a very good sleep, you cant compare it with other hostels with 4+ people in the room. Here it's just you and another person.

I stayed for one night with my friend. We had twin room with shared bathroom, we had tv in our room. Bed sheets and duvet were fresh and clean. Staff was very helpfull. Downstairs there are many facilities like study room, play room and vending machines. Good value for money

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Good points: location is excellent, the access to rooms area is only made with electronic device, the room had a good furniture, apparently new. Bad points: showers are extremely small and do not seem clean, as there are people who live there it becomes quite noisy, a staff member entered the room to clean (which I suspect it didn't occurred as the bin kept full) without asking if was possible, I needed to do an early checkout and there wasn't any staff at reception as previosly told me.

Great location. Very central, nice residential area near Notting Hill. Comes with hot meals (I think breakfast and dinner). So it's a very good deal. it comes with a basic gym too. (Treadmills and stuff.) I stayed in a double room. The room was STINKY. Absolutely disgusting odour. It was some sort of mixture with the other guy's BO and instant ramen noodle, I think. The other guy was staying there for like months. It's just a few days for me so i just shut my mouth. It's just down to luck.

Toilets and showers are very old. Flush did not work at some toilets and showers are not that great either. However, the room was alright, breakfast was good and the location is perfect.

It was a pity that the gym was closed when I was there. The place is great, good location, nice and clean, but if you're looking for a youth hostel with a common room with music and atmosphere to meet people, this one doesn't look so much like it. If you're just looking for a great place to sleep and have good breaksfast/dinner (like in a hotel), this is your place!