Brados Backpackers Reviews

34-36A Darlinghurst Rd Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Bit of a mixed bag. The hostel is really lively, there is always something going on and the long stay guests are friendly and welcoming however if you're not looking for somewhere so boisterous and social I'd give it a wide birth. Not for everyone. They do seem to be on top of the cleaning however I did see a lot of bugs so perhaps they're missing something. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a good time and an introduction to Sydney's social life. I struggled to find it on arrival.

I never had so much fun in my entire life in a hostel. Frirends made there are becoming as family! Was like college years and joining a fraternity all over again. This place is highly recommended.

• 4th Aug 2014

Thankyou so much. We love to get feedback like this. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Pete

Nice relaxed hostel, was very welcoming. Although there's lots of long term guests its not too cliquey, everyone's welcome to play goon pong! Great film selection, all free :)

• 4th Aug 2014

The room is very dirty,nobody clean everyday,and hotel guest put their goods on floor everywhere or empty bed,i saw insect on bed.the kitchen and the bathroom is ok.and every night there are many people drink wine or play game and speak loud on corridor and stair.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

All of our rooms are cleaned extremely well daily and all common areas multiple times a day. We provide every bed with a large security locker, occasionally guests may put one or two things on the floor as it is a hostel. I sincerely apologise that you saw an insect on your bed, on occasion there are insects in Australia. I'll be sure to find out why people were drinking, talking, playing games and having a genuine good time in our hostel! May I recommend you stay in a hotel next time. Pete

I stayed at Brado's about 7 months ago, decided to give it another try this trip. They have massively stepped up their game! Much cleaner than before, they are starting renovations in the rooms and from what I saw, they will look amazing when they are done! Bathrooms were a little chaotic since they were renovating one of them, but it will be worth it! Still a great place to party, staff and long term guests were a lot of fun, very inviting. I will definitely be back to Brado's! Good Job Guys!

• 12th Jun 2014

Most of the people staying here have been around for a while and they all know each other, which can be a little intimidating but everyone was very friendly. This is defiantly a party hostel but the rooms are quiet if you need to sleep.

If you're ok with taking a shower in a black tub, sitting in beer for breakfast, and partying 24 hours a day then this hostel is for you. If you're really only looking for somewhere to party then this place will be fine. If you're looking to see and enjoy the city, I would highly recommend a hostel in the CBD.

Initially booked two nights, got a job and will now be staying for at least 3 months. Love it here, the people and staff are great there's always something going on and you can get anywhere from the station that's a minute down the road. Cheapest place, I couldn't recommend it more.

I have stayed at Brado's for 6 months and have never thought about leaving. The atmosphere is really good and you will meet a lot of new people as soon as you walk in. Everyone makes you feel very welcome into the 'Brado's Family'. There are regular events promoted by the hostel including nights out and cheap meal deals around Sydney so if you like to party, you will love it! The staff are very friendly and will help you out when needed. There is no better hostel than Brado's!!

• 21st May 2014

I loved staying in Brados. Staff was friendly and I made lot of new friends! Great location. They also have free breakfast, free wifi and FREE GYM PASSES!

• 20th May 2014
  • Finland

Thanks to the amazing staff I had fantastic days and nights! Mostly nights

• 10th May 2014
  • Sweden

I've stayed at Brados twice and have had an amazing time for both stays. Really awesome and helpful staff! Wish I could go back!

Was mean't to stay here for 2 days... 2 weeks later i'm still here and reserved for another week 10/10

Great place to stay! Great location and great value for the price!

Everyone was friendly, staff was helpful, convenient location. Living room, dining, and kitchen were great but kind of small for all the people. Free wifi and breakfast, would stay again.

No better place to stay in Sydney.

• 4th Apr 2014

Absolutely disgusting, don't know why anyone would want to stay here. Filthy dirty, people are so unfriendly, staff are useless. Kitchen is so small and unclean, never wanted to cook in there. There's no locking front door in the day and the room I was staying in didn't have a lock so anyone could walk in. There's a funny smell everywhere. I've stayed in a lot of hostels in Australia and this is by far the worst, wouldn't recommended this to anyone

Excellent :) really friendly people, great atmosphere.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

the oonly reason the hostel has high reasons is because they give goon to everyone who leaves a review of at least 85%. cramped rooms, cockroaches everywhere and all around dirty and loud

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

I am very sorry we had to ask you to leave our hostel, we market our selves as a party hostel and you clearly did not fit in, can I suggest a hotel would suit you better? We employ several entertainment mangers who sometimes give away free goon to get each night started and this has nothing to do with reviews... all the best with the rest of your travels! We are booked out every night because people have an amazing time at Brados. Love pet (owner of Brados :)

Brado's is a lot of fun to stay at. Definitely would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to hang out and have a good time while meeting tons of other people. Such a welcoming and fun atmosphere. We've extended our stay here 4 times because we don't want to leave.

• 16th Mar 2014