Brados Backpackers Reviews

34-36A Darlinghurst Rd Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I have never met as lazy staff as your staff and don't get me started on cleanliness. I have never experienced such a dirty and disgusting hostel as yours, and your stuff was lazy and rude. I will never ever set me feet in your hostel again.

Awesome place. If i'm going again to Sidney, will be back to Brados for sure!

• 3rd Apr 2015

They must have taken those pictures when it first opened because it definitely does not look that nice. Kitchen has a rat named "Robert" by the staff, who are just a bunch of long term stay partiers. Ensuite bathroom smelled like mold. The floors are dirty and sticky. Breakfast included was bread with jam

Crew didn't seem to be too motivated, couldn't help me extend my stay for another night, but online it was possible, which is a bit strange. Anyway: small and not too well equipped kitchen (many of the cooking plates did not work) for so many people. Nice movie room, with a broad selection of movies. A lot of young people eager to drink and party.

The only good thing about this hostel was the wifi which u could get in the bedrooms. Kitchen was filthy and stunk of stale beer. Staff were rude and seemed like they should be working in kavos or magaluf. Ensuite bathroom was gross and I don't appreciate having a gobby member of staff coming in at 9.30 telling us any of our stuff not in suitcases then it was getting thrown out. How about focus on the cleanliness of the kitchen first? Would never go back. DONT STAY HERE!

Close to the city, only quick train ride away, also very walkable distance. In a busy night life spot so can be bit loud with all the party goers but can't say I lost any sleep over it. The ensuite bathroom was spacious

just a bunch of long term people drinking every day. But as far as hostels in Oz go this one is cheap and definitely not the worst. For the price, it's a decent place

Brados is a great hostel! party atmosphere with loads of friendly people from all over. Great location and the use of the gym was a bonus.

Great party hostel! friendly and helpful staff,well equipped kitchen and an awesome location. Will be coming back!

Really Enjoyed my stay at Brados and made some awesome friends. Its in the perfect location for exploring Sydney and has a great atmosphere. Everyone is really friendly and welcoming, including the staff. Its a great place for partying as its very socail and not to big meaning everyone gets to know eachother. The free breakfast everyday is a bonus and I really appreciated having a personal locker in my room to keep my valuables in. This is something I haven't found at many other hostels in Aus.

• 1st Feb 2015

Great hostel, amazing atmosphere and cool people. Loved it.

• 28th Jan 2015

I have travelled around Australia for a year now and stayed at many different hostels and brados is by far the best one! it really is my home away from home, I have meet the best bunch of people here the atmosphere is always amazing if you want to go party all night or even have a nice chilled night watching movies in the tv room. the staff are excellent and make everyone feel very welcome to the family life. I recommend this hostel to all off my traveller friends and always will!!

• 28th Jan 2015

Great place to meet people, staff are helpfull and friendly. The hostel is kept to a good standard of cleanlines. Amazing location so perfect if you like going out.

• 27th Jan 2015

I found this a great hostel to stay in, the people I met were friendly and there was a buzzing atmosphere. The staff were helpful and there was even toast and cereal in the morning which I found was good as some hostels don't do that. I would definitely stay there again. Phil 22 from England

• 27th Jan 2015

if you like to get drunk, make mess and noise this is the place for you. although placed good, close to a train. this hostel offers an amazing sound system and a party atmosphere almost everyday. there's not much toilets and showers and the ones that exist looking terrible. the sink most of the time containing unwashed dishes and therefore there's no plates or cutlery available.

This hostel was disgusting!! It smelted really bad there, staff members were smelling like old alcohol.. You couldnt sleep there because it was too noisy.. The front door was open all day long.. Just dont stay at this hostel!! Or well if you dont care about sleeping but you just want to party all the time, then this's your place. Thank god I stayed there 'only' 3 nights.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Finland

There for 5 days (the minimum during new years). The staff were meh, loud partiers, they hardly cleaned room probably because people in the room had their stuff everywhere. Had to put my own sheets on the bed, no blanket just sheets. Bathroom had no curtain for the windows. No soap for hands. Probably the dirtiest kitchen out of 2 other hostels i've been in Sydney. Even though it was properly supplied, Very lazy partying backpackers there. Probably because the workers were loud and crazy.

I beg of you do not stay here. I wish there was a rating less than very poor. The pictures on their page are extremely deceiving. The rooms were most likely cleaned in the last millenium. The staff is clueless. Don't be surprised if your bed gets taken when you are out of the room. If you love to party hard then please stay here because they have that atmosphere and some. On the weekends don't expect to get any sleep as they like to play loud music into the the early morning.

Could not get any sleep, kitchen was a mess. Random people could walk in to hostel at any time of the day including the early morning which they often did.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Poland

Worst place i have stayed in my life. Bad cleaniness/staff/lodgers. rats in the kitchen, fridge smell like a dead corspe,cockroaches everywhere,no soap in shared bathroom

• 30th Nov 2014