Brados Backpackers Reviews

34-36A Darlinghurst Rd Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Definitely my favorite hostel in Australia!!!! Loved the people and atmosphere. staff were soooo friendly and helpful!!! I had such a great time! My room was clean and also had wifi. Kitchen was also clean and great place to hang out with other travelers. I'd recommend brados to all my friends!!!!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Great Hostel! Amazing atmosphere! So easy to meet people due to the layout of the building and nature of the hostel! Staff are very informative and helpful! Free breakfast, free wifi, free drinks and entry to kings cross clubs. Was here a few months ago and the hostel has refurbished all common areas, and they now have professional cleaners. Much improved. Will be back again for sure!

• 7th Oct 2014

Good start to make a few friends because of the location near many bars and clubs. Breakfast was toast and cereals with milk and coffee.. I always got enough food.. the nights were quiet enough to sleep (in my opinion) and the staff was okay

• 3rd Oct 2014

Would not house livestock in this hostel, albeit staff were nice people.

• 27th Sep 2014

so dirty, dirty beds, rooms and the bathrooms were awful

The rooms in this hostel are not clean at all! There is a lot of stuff lying around from previous stayers and it seems like the bathroom in the room hardly gets cleaned. The shared bathrooms on each floor are ok. The location is good for tourists but its in Kings Cross...

• 8th Sep 2014

Perhaps it would be better if there were less cockroaches and condoms lying about the room

• 8th Sep 2014

Definitely not the best hostel...Rooms are ok, but kitchen and bathrooms are very dirty. I've been there for 5 nights and they had never cleaned the toilette on my floor, disgusting!!! Staff isn't so friendly and the hostel gets very noisy during the week ends (till 3am but for some could be fine).

Bit of a mixed bag. The hostel is really lively, there is always something going on and the long stay guests are friendly and welcoming however if you're not looking for somewhere so boisterous and social I'd give it a wide birth. Not for everyone. They do seem to be on top of the cleaning however I did see a lot of bugs so perhaps they're missing something. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a good time and an introduction to Sydney's social life. I struggled to find it on arrival.

The staffs are friendly and approachable. However, the room has leftovers drinks from the previous or current people who are staying over at the dorm rooms, and smells bad due to those leftover drinks.

I never had so much fun in my entire life in a hostel. Frirends made there are becoming as family! Was like college years and joining a fraternity all over again. This place is highly recommended.

• 4th Aug 2014

Thankyou so much. We love to get feedback like this. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Pete

Nice relaxed hostel, was very welcoming. Although there's lots of long term guests its not too cliquey, everyone's welcome to play goon pong! Great film selection, all free :)

• 4th Aug 2014

The room is very dirty,nobody clean everyday,and hotel guest put their goods on floor everywhere or empty bed,i saw insect on bed.the kitchen and the bathroom is ok.and every night there are many people drink wine or play game and speak loud on corridor and stair.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

All of our rooms are cleaned extremely well daily and all common areas multiple times a day. We provide every bed with a large security locker, occasionally guests may put one or two things on the floor as it is a hostel. I sincerely apologise that you saw an insect on your bed, on occasion there are insects in Australia. I'll be sure to find out why people were drinking, talking, playing games and having a genuine good time in our hostel! May I recommend you stay in a hotel next time. Pete

I stayed at Brado's about 7 months ago, decided to give it another try this trip. They have massively stepped up their game! Much cleaner than before, they are starting renovations in the rooms and from what I saw, they will look amazing when they are done! Bathrooms were a little chaotic since they were renovating one of them, but it will be worth it! Still a great place to party, staff and long term guests were a lot of fun, very inviting. I will definitely be back to Brado's! Good Job Guys!

• 12th Jun 2014

Most of the people staying here have been around for a while and they all know each other, which can be a little intimidating but everyone was very friendly. This is defiantly a party hostel but the rooms are quiet if you need to sleep.

If you're ok with taking a shower in a black tub, sitting in beer for breakfast, and partying 24 hours a day then this hostel is for you. If you're really only looking for somewhere to party then this place will be fine. If you're looking to see and enjoy the city, I would highly recommend a hostel in the CBD.

Initially booked two nights, got a job and will now be staying for at least 3 months. Love it here, the people and staff are great there's always something going on and you can get anywhere from the station that's a minute down the road. Cheapest place, I couldn't recommend it more.

I have stayed at Brado's for 6 months and have never thought about leaving. The atmosphere is really good and you will meet a lot of new people as soon as you walk in. Everyone makes you feel very welcome into the 'Brado's Family'. There are regular events promoted by the hostel including nights out and cheap meal deals around Sydney so if you like to party, you will love it! The staff are very friendly and will help you out when needed. There is no better hostel than Brado's!!

• 21st May 2014