Bradshaw's Travel Lodge Reviews

130 Heuheu Street, Taupo, New Zealand

A cosy and accommodating lodge! The self-service living room and pantry were all neat and nice. The officer-in-charge (probably the son or whosoever of the lodge owner) would burn wood in the fireplace, which is very funky in a sense. On the room itself, which was a 3-ppl en-suite one, maybe it's winter the heater had not enough power to warm the whole room. and the heater evolved the warm air directly to the socket nearby so we didn't dare to switch on the heater over-night.

Great place, very homey. It felt more like a hotel then a hostel. Would definitely recommend.

My rating is a bit biased, as I was there in late autumn when (literally) there wasn't another soul in the joint. I was the only person staying there (a bit creepy aactually). Anyway, so of course it was clean! Of course the security was great! Haha. If it was in peak season, though, I think I'd still recommend it. Difficult to say.